OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh? Do tell. Hehe. Victoria Ann is always up for getting into mischief. Even if she's usually well behaved, she's at that age to just naturally get into trouble. :p Believe me Crystia and I have some fun stuff planned for the Head Master of Chaos once things get moving along. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]When you say fun stuff, do you mean the kind of fun stuff Macey has in store for Lady Bavaria?

I mean after she's enlisted Alecia's help in potionism...that is...cough... Nevermind.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]When you say fun stuff, do you mean the kind of fun stuff Macey has in store for Lady Bavaria?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Oh definitely. Especially after what happened at the school. The students are going to make his life utterly miserable in so many ways. It's going to be fun since he'll assume it's Harrison and Victoria when most of the time, they'll be able to say they did nothing. Though they'll know about it of course, having planned it with the other students. Hehe.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I don't think the answer is necessarily to do an arbitrary timeshift. The solution probably lies in the Landmarks - we probably either need more of them, or we need Landmarks that sufficiently push the plot forward.

I guess we'll see how it goes. So far I'm personally reasonably happy, but it can be difficult for players to advance the story in meaningful ways if we are trying not to do anything that would interfere with the "main plot", so to speak.

I am definitely looking forward to the time when we start getting into the meat of the story, definitely. Right now I feel like we're still very much in the early stages of the plot.

At least there has been a great deal of character development, which has been good. That, at least, makes things easier when incorporating other players' characters.

Also, thanks Sandy for putting my Chronicles up. I'm actually pretty happy to have them as one larger Chronicle - I think they make sense that way. Hopefully this will give players a bit of extra information about the general world. I am looking forward to introducing Gustave. :catgirl:[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I don't think the answer is necessarily to do an arbitrary timeshift. The solution probably lies in the Landmarks - we probably either need more of them, or we need Landmarks that sufficiently push the plot forward.

I guess we'll see how it goes. So far I'm personally reasonably happy, but it can be difficult for players to advance the story in meaningful ways if we are trying not to do anything that would interfere with the "main plot", so to speak.

I am definitely looking forward to the time when we start getting into the meat of the story, definitely. Right now I feel like we're still very much in the early stages of the plot.[/font][/QUOTE]I agree, and beyond that I haven't much else to say really.

Obviously I like the rpg and if some of my concerns were taken as being negative, I wasn't trying to pin blame but rather speak up since I agreed with the initial concern. At this point I'm going to take Shy's advice and wait to see what happens once the royal dinner is over with.

Look, I'm sorry if anybody's feelings got hurt, that certainly wasn't my intention. I just want everyone to really enjoy the game, so hearing people say the opposite is a bit tough for me. :/

Anyway, I believe that the next landmark is coming up soon, and with the leap in time I'm sure all the players can continue the game without confusion to who's with who at what time.

Now I'm just unsure if anyone will write about the dinner with the Dynasts. Malkav? Muse? Shy?

[font=franklin gothic medium]More than anything, I think it's just important to listen to the players and take their suggestions on board. Doing so will ensure a happier time for all and (hopefully) a longer and more rewarding RPG.

Still, I think it's safe to say that this has been a pretty enjoyable project so far. If things go well, I'm sure it could end up becoming one of OB's more significant projects. It's certainly dripping with quality on every level; it's nice to see that the more elaborate quality RPGs haven't died off.[/font]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Sandy']Look, I'm sorry if anybody's feelings got hurt, that certainly wasn't my intention. I just want everyone to really enjoy the game, so hearing people say the opposite is a bit tough for me. :/[/QUOTE]Don't take it personal. ^_~ Rest assured, we give Beth a hard time in Silver One. The only difference is that since many of us know her personally, we end up talking to her in real life instead of posting in the backstage thread. I think everyone has concerns about an rpg, they just don't always step forward and say something for fear of it being taken the wrong way. I'll admit that I'm eager for things to get going, but then I'm looking forward to the mischief Victoria is going to get into. So in my case, it's just me being impatient. :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy']Now I'm just unsure if anyone will write about the dinner with the Dynasts. Malkav? Muse? Shy?[/QUOTE][size=1]It had only been a day since Cyriel's last post, and I have 102 degree fever, but okay. There's your blasted post.

I'd like to conclude the day with Bavaria's revenge on Anna and Henry before we move onto the next day (whether that's a week in the future or three days or whatever doesn't matter.) Sandy/James, you should recall what I wanted Bavaria to do to them, so if you can write that bit I'd really appreciate it.

I'm going to go pass out now.

-Shy[/size]

I said I was [I]unsure[/I] if anyone was going to write a post, I didn't say you'd have to do it right away, heh. XD

But I thought that it would make a fine drama scene for the memorial service, the thing between Bavaria and Anna, so if you don't mind, I'm writing it there.

So I guess I'm next!

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Oh d-d-d-d-d-dear dear me. I believe Lady Bavaria's in for a terribly awfully tragic awakening. Because if the whole family had only been annoyed with her before, there's no doubt that they all now loathe her with the passion of a thousand burning suns.

In all honesty, I can't imagine a single Almagest potentially forgiving her for this utter lack of manners and propriety. See Macey never liked Dame Grimalkin, but she never would've publicly humiliated her. So now then. How to deal with the haughty bitch in ways that don't involve axes, guns, pits of fire, and barrels full of tar and sacks full of feathers.[/FONT][/COLOR]

That was a mistake. lol If Lady Bavaria thinks the rest of the family will stand by and do nothing, she's in for a very rude awakening. Should be interesting since I've already talked to Beth about how our characters will react to that shameful display on her part, to put it shortly, both of them, especially Alecia are not amused. :p

[font=franklin gothic medium]Vincent would not normally say much, but he might reprimand Bavaria for disgracing Lady Grimalkin so publicly.

Given that he is not a blood member of the family he probably feels less able to say anything forceful to Bavaria.

However, I can imagine other relatives being very harsh...she's probably putting herself in a very precarious position.

What I wonder, though, is how Leonhart's will is written. Would Lady Bavaria become owner of Rosengard and Leonhart's bank accounts? If so, there are potentially many people who could no longer find themselves welcome in the near future...

[b]Edit:[/b] And if Gadget is no longer welcome, Vincent [i]does[/i] have an available apartment in the city. :catgirl:[/font]

I'd imagine Leonhart's property is dealt evenly among his spouse and children, with the exception that Daedalus will become the president of Magitech Corporation (since he shared the ownership with Leonhart). Also remember that there are still characters that refuse to believe Leonhart is dead, since there is no body.

But Bavaria has influence only on the servants, she can't kick out family members. And Macey will make sure that Gadget isn't going anywhere. Eh, right, D'Ann? *sweatdrop*

[font=franklin gothic medium]Oh, I was kind of looking forward to Gadget being able to potentially move to Vincent's. But perhaps he's better at Rosengard.

Even if Leonhart is not really dead, he's had a funeral...so his will would have to be enacted. But if he's left everything to his children, there should be no problem - it means at least legally that Bavaria can't take over.[/font]

And pow! Alecia has spoken since she's really quite furious over what Lady Bavaria just did to Dame Anna and Henry. Alexander wasn't sure what to think but he'll support the decision she just made. After all, even if their home is small compared to Rosengard, it's still plenty big enough for the four of them.

[font=franklin gothic medium]I hope that my post was in keeping with everything.

Basically I figure that they'd be going back to Rosengard for the wake. Obviously Dame Grimalkin and by extension several other family members wouldn't be welcome.

So I figured that some may avoid the "official" wake and only return to the estate later in the evening (but of course, every character can do whatever they like).

Vincent and Gadget are going to Vincent's apartment for a few hours (Sandy, there are any number of ways you can play out that visit, haha...)

Also as I mentioned, maybe they will want to hold an informal wake without Bavaria. This is really just Vincent's suggestion, so it doesn't have to go anywhere.

It may, however, tie into another idea I had. Just depends what Sandy and Shy are planning.[/font]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh my! Hahaha! I've pm'd Crystia so she can post with Harrison and Victoria Ann since I just posted. All I can say is it's going to be fun what I have in mind since it won't be nice towards Lady Bavaria. I'm not going to say anything else since I don't want to spoil it. :catgirl: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy']

But Bavaria has influence only on the servants, she can't kick out family members. And Macey will make sure that Gadget isn't going anywhere. Eh, right, D'Ann? *sweatdrop*[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]You're dam right she can't. Of course she's not going to be able to fire Macey's personal servants either, because if she does, Macey will most likely do something awful in a subtle but somehow obvious retaliation. I can't imagine most of the servants staying though, or just the personal ones. And somehow I can't think that Lady Bavaria knows which end of a soup pot to hold, whereas a certain number of the family do, and will shell their own acorns so to speak.

It's like Lady Bavaria thinks she's bulletproof, but these sorts of 'accidents' have happened before. Anyone here see "Hot Fuzz"? Seriously now though, Macey will actually need Gadget close by for both her own research as well as Eva's. That and it'll keep Vincent nearby as well, which will be good when we start to examine the Gustave story arc. Cough. Haha.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=navy][size=1]I don't know why I keep doing posts in the middle of the night (early hours of the morning). I hope it's ok, let me know if you want me to change anything (Raiha).

I know I haven't posted much but I'm trying to keep myself in this ><[/color][/size]

[SIZE="1"]I know I said I'd have a post ready on Friday, but I'm after catching something and been in bed most of the weekend. That said, seeing as it's moved on enough it the timeline, I don't think there's any need for me to do the riot scene, though I will be revealing Daedalus' illness soon.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sandy']I'd imagine Leonhart's property is dealt evenly among his spouse and children, with the exception that Daedalus will become the president of Magitech Corporation (since he shared the ownership with Leonhart). Also remember that there are still characters that refuse to believe Leonhart is dead, since there is no body.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Well now, why don't we make it interesting and let Bavaria think she's "won" and actually inherited everything, including a large stake in Magitech only to reveal that Leonhart made no will and throw everything up in the air, inheritance wise. It would definitely make for an interesting set of scenes.

Rosengard seems to be the home of the current Almagest head, that being Daedalus, for the time being. So really Bavaria is talking out of her backside when she think he'll allow her to get rid of family staff without his consent.

I'd also really appreciate it immensely if anyone would include my character in posts, just to make it seem as if he's still around. I know I won't have much time to post, but I'd like to still be part of this.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Since time is pressing for Macey and Eva, I'd like a cure for them to be found within a week [real time] anyway. If that works out for you Sandy. Since it's Macey's neck on the proverbial line.

Of course other interactions are welcome, as long as they involve some form of annoyance or discomfort for Bavaria. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Actually, I was thinking that instead of discovering a way to reverse the injections, the twins would find out why Gadget survived the experiments. The cure was just a plot device to get Eva into the mix, really. But I'll PM about it to you guys soon, so I won't spoil anything to the big crowd. ;D

[size=1]The 'chapter' starting with Leonhart's funeral needs a title!

Otherwise, the posts have been great so far and I'm feeling much better. Thank you to everyone who sent me their best wishes and such.

-Shy[/size]