OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[COLOR="Indigo"]Well the post has already been deleted, though that's easy enough to fix since I agree, there's no need to outright remove a post when it's easy to work around the misunderstanding in regards to the actual event. So I can restore it if we'd rather do things that way. Your thoughts Sakura? Seriously, for something like that, we don't need to change it. ;)

[B]EDIT:[/B] I see, still I can simply restore the post if you change your mind.[/COLOR]

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Haha, thanks. But honestly, it's all good ^^

I saved the post to a Word document before I deleted it and I'll edit it from there before posting again. It's easier this way anyway since I don't have to do it all at once kinda.

It'll probably be mostly the same except Macey, Victoria and Harrison will be in it instead of Vincent and Gadget, unless they want to come too? O.o;;[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I'm planning for Gustave to arrive in the evening and then for all the Almagests (or whoever wants to go) to attend his little function at the races the following day.

So I will probably have to organize something for Vincent and Gadget tonight (since I presume Gadget will go with Vincent to welcome Gustave). I still have to work out a few things, so for now it might be a good idea to leave Vincent/Gadget out of posts.

And yes, it can be very difficult to manage lots of characters at once. That's why my posts rarely contain more than a couple. It just gets too cumbersome.[/font]

[size=1][COLOR="Navy"]Yeah, I thought as much. So that's all good.

And yeah, I usually don't want to involve other characters in case they have plans.

Anyway, I'll probably get the post editted and up sometime tomorrow hopefully.[/COLOR][/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Gustave has entered the building, haha.

Hopefully this provides at least an initial glimpse into what he is like. He's louder and more flamboyant than Vincent, but at heart he's a nice guy. :catgirl: [/font]

I'm not entirely sure what Vincent and Gadget were supposed to be doing after the meeting with Gustave, but they won't be going to the races today.

I think Vincent should be at work, since the Police Guards are most likely investigating the incident now. And the landmark note is an important clue to the case.

Vincent can drop Gadget off at the medical center before going to work, so he can reunite with Macey.

[QUOTE]"Oh, I'm a born aristocrat, my dear. I know how to play the Game of Hearts. Macey is in dire need of a man in [b]his[/b] life after the misery I caused her, and Gustave, on the other hand... He could use some stability to his bachelor life."
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Oh Sandy darling. Could you please wave your sex change magic wand and make a woman out of Macey?

It's so much less complicated that way.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]And time for several days of silly festivities! Plus it seems that Fonty's already wanting out so he can head back home! Though we all know it's for the booze not the more comfortable surroundings. :p

Anyway, I took the liberty of having Chaos be out for the event, so it's a full deal for the entire city! Unless someone objects, in which case I'll edit my post and take that bit out. Also, the visit to the center with Harrison and Victoria Ann is before they arrived at Rosengard. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]HIMAS stands for His Imperial Majesty's Airship by the way.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Nice invention, but who's the Imperial Majesty? Czenovia's not an empire...

But I'll leave it at that, I don't want to nitpick on such trifle details (well, not anymore, at least). Speaking of which, I fixed the gender confusion in my post, D'Ann. ;D

[quote name='Sandy']I'm not entirely sure what Vincent and Gadget were supposed to be doing after the meeting with Gustave, but they won't be going to the races today.

I think Vincent should be at work, since the Police Guards are most likely investigating the incident now. And the landmark note is an important clue to the case.

Vincent can drop Gadget off at the medical center before going to work, so he can reunite with Macey.[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I doubt Vincent would be at work so late at night (he and Gadget are picking up Gustave very late in the evening). I figured they'd probably be ready for sleep. Although I never really indicated how late it was, so that's cool. Your subsequent post helps a lot.

So yeah. In terms of investigation, all I can realistically say is what we already know from Landmarks (which would be redundant). Anything beyond that is probably a no-go for me, because I don't want to mess with the overall plans. If you want Vincent to be involved with investigations, you'd have to PM me with further info about what's going on and where it's headed.

I guess all I could really do at this point is just join in the speculation on what the message means. But that somehow seems unprofessional for someone with Vincent's position - I mean, you'd think the RPG would know at least a bit more. :catgirl:

Unfortunately my internet has totally died at home - I'm borrowing an expensive wireless card that I can't stay on for very long to post this. I think there's an actual line problem.

So I won't be able to post again until about Tuesday (given that it's a long weekend here). Sorry about that guys.

Please just go on with the general festivities as you like. I will just have to post about Gustave's little party when I get back on.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Please just go on with the general festivities as you like. I will just have to post about Gustave's little party when I get back on.[/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I suppose there will be some noble shoulder rubbing after all. Goodness, it should be a nightmare.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]Fonty is trying very hard to escape the hospital, and now he has a partner-in-crime in Charles. Darren or Sunfall can follow this up however they'd like, although I would like him to leave the hospital eventually; he has to meet up with Artemis Air Transports at some point and discuss the future of Magitech.

I imagine that Daedalus would strongly oppose any attempt to sell the company, but given his health I don't know how he would be able to fight it. Perhaps this could create a rift between the Almagests? Given the recent troubles in New Czenoble and Rosengard there are probably more than a few Almagests who are ready to sell.

The controlling interest in Magitech is probably split between Leonhart's legitimate heirs, Bavaria, Daedalus and Catherine. Each and every one of them are going to have to voice their opinions about the offer if and when it comes to pass.

-Shy[/size]

[B]James:[/B] I really thought we had moved on to the next morning already, but that was probably because of Sakura's post. And the fact that the Aerodrome was full of people, which it probably wouldn't be at the dead of the night.

Anyway, I'm confused about what day it is now, since the bombing happened on the same day as the funeral (Gadget and Vincent spent that night together, remember, before heading to Rosengard somewhere after midnight). So... Did you move to the [I]next[/I] night already, skipping the whole day?

Well, maybe it's just me who's confused, heh. XP If anyone has some idea about what day it is in the game, do tell.

[quote name='Shy'][size=1][B]I imagine that Daedalus would strongly oppose any attempt to sell the company[/B], but given his health I don't know how he would be able to fight it. Perhaps this could create a rift between the Almagests? Given the recent troubles in New Czenoble and Rosengard there are probably more than a few Almagests who are ready to sell.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I imagine his exact words would be something along the lines of "Over my dead body", ironically enough, in the future that may be exactly the case.

Just for clarities sake Josh, how well known is it that Daedalus is ill ? I know from your post at the party he had a coughing fit, which would probably trigger rumours, but nobody outside of those closest to him know the extent of it correct ? [/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][quote name='Sandy'][B]James:[/B] I really thought we had moved on to the next morning already, but that was probably because of Sakura's post. And the fact that the Aerodrome was full of people, which it probably wouldn't be at the dead of the night.

Anyway, I'm confused about what day it is now, since the bombing happened on the same day as the funeral (Gadget and Vincent spent that night together, remember, before heading to Rosengard somewhere after midnight). So... Did you move to the [I]next[/I] night already, skipping the whole day?

Well, maybe it's just me who's confused, heh. XP If anyone has some idea about what day it is in the game, do tell.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"]
Yeah, as I said earlier the timeline's a little jumbled I think because I was following Raiha's post of us going to the races for a random outing, but then James' took place at night, which is why I just said to put mine after Raiha's. I assumed that James meant that he skipped the day because he had said Gustave was arriving the next night.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thanks for clearing that up, Mary. ;D

Just for clarity's sake, I'll put a little timeline here depicting the major events since the start of the game:
[INDENT][B]Day 1:[/B] Leonhart's meeting with the Dynast King. Leonhart's Birthday Banquet at the evening.
[B]Day 2:[/B] Leonhart and Macey visit Prometheo Laboratories, which is subsequently attacked by the Underdogs. Leonhart goes missing. Macey takes Gadget to Rosengard.
[B]Day 3:[/B] Incident at CHAOS with Headmaster Moebius. Bavaria arrives to Rosengard. The Deacons have a dinner with the Dynasty.
[B]Day 4:[/B] Skipped.
[B]Day 5:[/B] Skipped.
[B]Day 6:[/B] Leonhart's Memorial Service. A bomb is brought into Rosengard by the Underdogs. The bomb is defused in the night. Daedalus, Macey and Fauntleroy are taken to Eshe Rehema.
[B]Day 7:[/B] Gustave arrives late in the night.
[B]Day 8 (Present Day):[/B] Chimaera Cup begins. Macey and Daedalus are released from Eshe Rehema, and Fauntleroy escapes.[/INDENT]
If anyone has a differing view on how the events have unfolded, please say so. ;D

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]
On a side note Sandy, should that not say Fontleroy and Daedalus released from Eshe Rehema on Day Eight ? [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

How come? Macey was released in the morning (according to Sakura's post), and Harriet came to fetch Daedalus home (in indifference's post), but Fauntleroy hasn't been released, so he plans on escaping with the help of Charles (in Shy's post). ;D

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Wow, only eight days, it doesn't really seem that short does it ? [/SIZE][/QUOTE]That was precisely why I squawked earlier. At the time we had so many posts and next to no real progress as far as storyline goes. I mean at that point we were only at day three. :p That's old news though.

Now it's time for Daedalus to go with his family to the races and have people think his son is his grandson instead. Plus it will contradict the rumors that he's ill since he's up and about so quickly after being hurt in the blast.

[B]EDIT: [/B]Oh and about your time line Sandy... Macey left the hospital on day seven not eight.[/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]
[B]EDIT: [/B]Oh and about your time line Sandy... Macey left the hospital on day seven not eight.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Not that this matters anything, but I beg to differ.

[quote=Sakura]Eva began her descent of the stairs and was surprised to see Macey standing in the hallway with Harrison and Victoria Ann. She smiled brightly and rushed down to embrace her twin tightly.

[B]?Omigosh, Ella! When did you get back? You didn?t sneak out without them knowing did you? How are Uncle Daedalus and Fonty? And where are you three going??[/B] she rushed, releasing her from the tight grip.

[B]?I arrived this morning. No I didn?t sneak out of the hospital. And there?s been no change in Uncle and Fonty. As for the three of us? We?re going to the Chimaera Cup, as are you.?[/B][/quote]

It was agreed in this thread that James' post happened a day after the incident with the bomb (to give the characters time to recover, I guess), and Sakura's post started the events of the following morning (continued by you).