OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Isn't Catherine at the hospital watching over Fonty?

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Sorry, I didn't notice that. The last thing I read was her comments while at Rosengard itself.

I can change my post if needed.

Edit: I [i]did[/i] just notice that she was in the carriage on the way there. Oops. I will edit my post as soon as possible - realistically I could substitute another character for Catherine.[/font]

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Sorry, I didn't notice that. The last thing I read was her comments while at Rosengard itself.

I can change my post if needed.

Edit: I [i]did[/i] just notice that she was in the carriage on the way there. Oops. I will edit my post as soon as possible - realistically I could substitute another character for Catherine.[/font][/QUOTE]Ah, but Beth indicated in her post that Catherine decided to return to Rosengard so there's no need to change it. ;)

[quote name='Sandy']Feel free to explore Daedalus's experiences during the Mine War through a flashback, or even write a Chronicle about it. Brigit Town has not yet been properly incorporated into the game, so it's about time for that. ;D[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Alright, I think I might have it as a sort of flashback or hallucination while Daedalus is unconscious. Seeing as Rueben was killed in the Mine Wars, and Daedalus was so nearly killed saving his son (sorry Crys, I couldn't resist), it'll probably revolve around Daedalus, Leonhart and Rueben and the battle in which their father was killed. [/SIZE]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]On a side note, Daedalus wants all the loyal family members to join the Anti-Bavaria club, after all, Bavaria is a secret Nazi who eats puppies and kittens.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Mwahahahahaha! First kicking and now burning! Down with Bavaria! *cackles evilly* :devil:

*cough* Anyway, so this isn't spam... I'm good for moving to the next day, after all Victoria Ann is in dreamland at the moment so I'd say her business is finished. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Malkav']I Saw that Shy was updating portraits and wanted to see if we could get Meredyne in one.

I have two pictures, and both have an early 20th century feel to them. I wanted to go slightly anachronistic with the look (like I did with Jack) because I would assume pilots, being one of the few things really anachronistic in this game, would look avante garde when it came to fashion.

I have two choices, both attached. The one with the three women, I was looking at the girl in the middle.

On a side note, these were drawn by the same artist who drew Jack and Fauntleroy...I like her work. Both faces would make for beautiful portraits.[/QUOTE][size=1]The second is my favorite, although both of them are beautiful. We'll definitely give Meredyne a portrait, since I know Darren had wanted to use her as well.

-Shy[/size]

Since Josh didn't mention anything about Fonty keeping the note he found from the cellar before getting shot by Donner Stark, I thought Gadget would pick it up. It [I]is[/I] a landmark, after all, and as such has importance to the story, so it mustn't be forgotten. ;D

Also, Gadget seems to be playing Little Detective's Helper, apparently. Feel free to snap him out of it anytime, James. XP

[font=franklin gothic medium]I still don't really know enough about the sub-plot with the Underdogs to comment much on it. This is why, in my posts, the RPG are really only moving around the periphery of the issue.

I assume Gadget will be attending the Cup with Vincent? Maybe they can discuss the note or something. *shrug*

It's an excuse for you to give me some leads. :catgirl:[/font]

[size=1]In order to keep things confusing I've updated the Cast of Characters for The Almagest Legacy. There was one removal, and six additions, which puts us at a very light [strike]26[/strike] 28 main characters. Ugh!

Jacob Mason (Daedalus' eldest son) still exists, so we don't need to edit any of the Landmarks or the family tree. Let us just say that he's out of town for work, with no intention of coming back.

The 'new' characters who now have avatars are: [b]Gustave[/b], [b]Lector Moebius[/b], [b]Meredyne Artemis[/b], [b]Princess Augustine[/b] and [b]Donner and Blair Stark[/b]. Feel free to use them as much (or as little) as you'd like. Don't bother editing your old posts to include the new avatars unless you really want to.

Gaul Rosier, Agron Deacon, and other members of the Dynast clan will probably receive avatars as the story continues, but I honestly just didn't feel like making them. If anyone has any characters they would like to give an avatar, just let me know and I'd be more than willing to include them.

My next post will put us into the next day and give us another Landmark. So expect that up shortly!

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Oh good, AM remembered me. *shoots a dark look in James's direction*

I wonder if Macey'll give her doctor a hard time. They say doctors are the worst patients....

And odds are she'll trip in to see Fonty while she's there.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]I'm terribly sorry for the wait but I've posted. I hope I haven't gotten anything wrong or OOC, but please let me know if anything should be changed. And I didn't know who else wanted to go to the Cup, especially since people got injured etc. so I left it open for anyone that wants to come.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Just a quick note, guys: my modem at home is dead, so I may not be able to get on over the weekend (hopefully that'll change).

If not though, please feel free to just bypass the Cup for now, if you're wanting it to be tonight in the game. If I miss out we can make it the following night or whatever.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. *crosses fingers* :catgirl:[/font]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Crystia and I were under the impression that the cup wasn't for another couple of days Sakura dear.

I mean Gustave hasn't even landed in Czenoble yet. How can he observe the racing of his Chimaeras without being present?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Crystia and I were under the impression that the cup wasn't for another couple of days Sakura dear.

I mean Gustave hasn't even landed in Czenoble yet. How can he observe the racing of his Chimaeras without being present?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]No, the Cup is today. I figure it's an all-day affair, with several different races throughout the day and night.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]No, the Cup is today. I figure it's an all-day affair, with several different races throughout the day and night.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Coulda sworn me and James had this little talk the other night but no matter. I shall charge along bravely in the name of sheer mindless bloody bravado![/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Coulda sworn me and James had this little talk the other night but no matter. I shall charge along bravely in the name of sheer mindless bloody bravado![/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]I assumed it was today, and have said as much in my recent posts. But maybe they are a multi-day affair, and Gustave is arriving in time for a race on a later day.

Perhaps we all need to be more clear on these things. There's no way Sakura can know about conversations you're having with James over AIM.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Sure, that's why I was nice about it.

Cause I can be just SO nice. But seriously folks, I figured it wouldn't be RIGHT after the bombings, but ah well. Vagueness is so nice.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Forget AIM and trying reading the thread and the post by James where he mentions that Vincent talks to Gustave the same night of the Wake:[quote] 'Well, I will be in town in two days'[/quote]So even I was thinking it was going to be later, so perhaps this should be say spectator events? The less showy races before the grand final in two day where the final winners compete? It would be more fun if it was say a three day affair for all of High Czenoble and Gustave is only showing up for the final day of the event.

[B]EDIT:[/B] To make it easier, here's the post in question: [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=803347&postcount=156"][U]POST[/U][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh definitely make it a three day affair! Just think of the fun if the entire city was decked out with festivities and even the children from Chaos could have the time off like some grand holiday! There could be all sorts of things going on through out the city. And it would leave things open for people to get into all sorts of mischief. :catgirl:

[B]EDIT:[/B] Oh my! Hahahahaha! I just realized that Allamorph is a part of:

[SIZE="1"]Coalition To Set Lady Bavaria's Hair On Fire (PM to join!)
Gavin, Indifference, Aaryanna, Rachmaninoff, SunfallE, Sakura, Allamorph[/SIZE]

That evil woman is toast! Mwahahahaha! *cough*[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Er, yes, to be clear...I did say it would happen in "two days". And that was one day ago, game time. Haha

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I have internet access so I should be able to post shortly.

The Cup can definitely last for several days - it can be a festival, really. But Gustave's specific invitation was for two days' time.

What I'm thinking is that we can probably make it tonight in the game, where everyone gets together (with him landing in the afternoon possibly). I just have to check the main thread and see where everything is at.

Edit: Okay, so this is what I'm thinking. Since half the family is in hospital, it might be a good idea to have the event tomorrow in the game. But Gustave can arrive tonight, in preparation.

Today Gustave's letter to Rosengard will have arrived, so anyone who lives there (or visits and is a relative) is therefore invited to attend the Achard Marquee the following day. It'll be a short event - although the festival goes for days, Gustave's Chimaera are only running in a couple of races).

So those who want to go can go and those who don't want to don't have to. :catgirl:[/font]

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Alright, my internet's running slow lately which makes it hard to load pages at all. The reason I made it then is because I thought I remembered reading in James' post too that the Cup would be the next day from his post. Miscommunication I suppose, because even after I posted I wasn't too sure, but I kinda went with what was in Shy's post.

Hm....I suppose I'll delete my post and save it for the actual day ><;;[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Sakura'][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Hm....I suppose I'll delete my post and save it for the actual day ><;;[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Don't be silly! We've already decided to make it a multi-day affair. So your post is fine. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Exactly. There's always a creative work-around. I generally don't want anyone to have to delete posts for continuity's sake. Even editing is often a last resort, I think.

Instead we've just made a change to the Cup itself, which is totally fine. Everything should gel together. :catgirl:[/font]

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Nah, it's fine. I deleted the post, but I'll use some bits of it for my next one since Raiha seems to have a plan of the twins going with Harrison and Victoria. Keeping consistent with so many characters and events can get a little jumbled at times.[/SIZE][/COLOR]