OtakuBoards

The Almagest Legacy: A Steampunk RPG

Sandy

Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who was chosen as a royal heir by Mideus Prosperous to succeed him?

• Primas Generous
    • Augustine Beauteous
    • Juvenus Courageous

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]
It would be good to also have a tree diagram, but this is definitely not a necessity.
[/font][/QUOTE]

Like I said, there [I]will[/I] be a family tree diagram posted in the game thread. As in, a picture of a tree with the character portraits hanging from it and lines connecting the characters together. ;D

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='Sandy']Like I said, there [I]will[/I] be a family tree diagram posted in the game thread. As in, a picture of a tree with the character portraits hanging from it and lines connecting the characters together. ;D[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Oh, sorry, my mistake. For some reason I thought it would only be the Chronicle part - I must have missed that. In which case, it all sounds even better! :catgirl:

I'm very much looking forward to this. I think it will be just as fun to read as to post.[/font]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]It appears Sakura and I accidentally switched our ages as we both edited. Oh Sandy and Shy. Your collaboration remains woefully -but anyway the family tree is so happy and shiny. It brings me joy.

No references to Macey's pet project in the Chronicles either....

....oh bother.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B]Malkav:[/B] the "g" is pronounced like "j".If you want to know the origins of the name, [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almagest][U]visit here[/U][/url]. ;D

[B]D'Ann:[/B] your and Sakura's characters are 27 years old, as I didn't see that Sakura had also switched her character's age.

And Macey's pet project is supposed to be [I]top secret[/I], so of course it won't be discussed in a newspaper article. ;P

You people might have already noticed it, but my character is the only one missing from the text as well, but that's simply because he will be introduced to the family early in the game.

[color=navy][size=1]Oops, sorry, Raiha. I hadn't noticed that you'd changed your age at the time so I assumed that it remained the same. 27 works for me, I'd edit my profile again but I can't since the thread's locked ^^;;

Just putting it here that I'll be on holiday from the 4th to the 18th of December without access to a computer.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Matt']...Oh, and the family diagram is also very nice. Clears up a few issues. Kinda scary how I have to call Gavin dad now. O.o He'll use that against me even after this RP is written in golden ink in the RP lore of OB, I'm sure.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Me scary ? When did that happen ? :animesmil

Anyway, I think the family tree you guys have done is great, even if it did give me four kids I didn't know about. Guess maybe now I need to be a bit more paternal, though Daedalus will probably still have a better bond with those who share his interests.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin;798574][SIZE="1"]Me scary ? When did that happen ? :animesmil[/SIZE][/QUOTE]Oh, I don't know... perhaps this contributes to that aura of being scary?[QUOTE=Gavin'][SIZE="1"]You all know far, far too much...

Crystia, be aware, I'm coming for you first. :p[/SIZE][/QUOTE]I'm sure there are more instances that just that one as well. :p

Anyway, this whole thing looks like fun and I must say that I'm very glad for the info in the first post about the family. It will definitely help me to keep the relationships between the characters straight.

[size=1]I posted a link to the family tree in the main thread but I thought I would also post the image here. It's a beautiful piece of work, and should help on clearing up any confusion. Thanks Sandy!

[center][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/SamSandy/almagest-familytree.png[/img][/center]

The RPG is up and running! As always, if anyone has any questions please direct them here.

-Shy[/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Ahh, excellent...here we go! :catgirl:

All I've got to do now is bring some HTML into my posts. I want an indent on my posts more like Shy's opening post...somehow the width doesn't look right.

Also I hope it was okay to introduce the car. Since there was no mention of transport other than Airships, I thought it would be okay to bring in a limousine. You'd really have to read a full description of this vehicle though, to understand how it would fit into the world.

I'm imagining something that might look like almost an airstream 1950's type design, but with exposed pipes and gears, which would be the visible components of a steam engine. In other words I'm kind of thinking about what a car would look like if it were powered with steam.

Hopefully this is okay, as I didn't want to do any damage to your ideas about how the general universe would appear.

I'm guessing most people in Czenovia would either walk, or just take public transport (perhaps something cheaper than airships, though).[/font]

[size=1]I don't object to the use of steamcars, but they're probably much too expensive for the general public to use. While most citizens travel around Czenovia in airships and trains, it's likely that the Almagest clan would use some form of private transporation to get around.

-Shy[/size]

I was wondering if it was at all possible for my character to begin a relationship with an NPC. In particular Meredyne Artemis. I know that she's a part of Charlie's history, but I thought it might make a fun conflict between our characters. I mean they're the same age and at the same time completely different. I'm just saying... Throwing it out there for the dogs to eat up.

[quote name='Malkav']I was wondering if it was at all possible for my character to begin a relationship with an NPC. In particular Meredyne Artemis. I know that she's a part of Charlie's history, but I thought it might make a fun conflict between our characters. I mean they're the same age and at the same time completely different. I'm just saying... Throwing it out there for the dogs to eat up.[/QUOTE][size=1]Any player should feel free to introduce as many NPCs as they would like. Obviously more important NPCs (such as members of the Dynast Royal Family, or the Deacons) would require permission before you do anything drastic with them, but as a general rule we trust the players. Hopefully you and Darren can work out some arrangement regarding Meredyne, since this love triangle sounds interesting.

If anyone has any suggestions for future editions of The Chronicle, I would love to hear them. I know we've been pretty broad in describing Czenovia, so if there are any subjects in particular that might need clarification this would be a good time to know.

Great posts so far everyone. I can't wait to see what the other players come up with.

-Shy[/size] :whoops:

Today I'm going to be trying to finish up NaNoWriMo and I have auditions tomorrow, but with any luck I'll be able to post soon.

I also wanted to throw in that, mostly due to my character's occupation, I'd like to know more about the royal family and their lifestyle. Not sure if that's something being saved for later on, but I would like to know anyhow ^^;

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Sorry for not getting a post in yet. >_> I was trying to earlier today when the power went out. I was actually reading the thread no less when it happened! Anyway, once I've gotten some rest since it's late I'll get going tomorrow since I've already got a fun idea for my first post. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Oh, I don't know... perhaps this contributes to that aura of being scary?I'm sure there are more instances that just that one as well. :p[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, fair enough then. :animesmil

Anyway, I should have a post ready sometime today. Just OOC Sandy/Josh, what kind of limits do I need to be looking at for Daedalus' work in terms of size or power ? Your little line about his most powerful ones being hidden away intrigues me.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Anyway, I should have a post ready sometime today. Just OOC Sandy/Josh, what kind of limits do I need to be looking at for Daedalus' work in terms of size or power ? Your little line about his most powerful ones being hidden away intrigues me.[/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]Most of Daedalus' most powerful creations are strictly confidential to the citizens of Czenovia, but expect things like enormous steam-powered airships, tanks and the like. There are also weapons of mass destruction in the Czenovian arsenal, but most of these were created with the intention that they never actually be used. There are no real limits in terms of size and power; some of Daedalus' creations could easily destroy a large city like High Czenoble.

I'd try to keep it vague for the time being. Some of these weapons may play into the larger story eventually, but that's in the very distant future. Remember that aside from Leonhart, the rest of the Almagests would be in the dark about these weapons.

-Shy[/size]

just wanted to ask about the airships in the game.

will they be oversized blimps

[IMG]http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/300W/fs7.deviantart.com/i/2005/217/d/9/Super_Airship_Plus_by_The_Necromancer.jpg[/IMG]

or sky-faring galleons?

[IMG]http://tn1-3.pv.deviantart.com/fs15/150/f/2007/062/c/b/Airship_by_cenoslave.jpg[/IMG]

or better still, designed to our hearts content? I personally like the blimp like designs

also Victoria Ann should so sit near Jack during the party...just a suggestion based on our two characters.

[COLOR="Navy"][size=1]Apologies for not having made a post yet. My aim is to get one written and posted today because I won't have much time over the next couple of days as I haven't started packing and all that. I didn't really think the posts would move so quickly ><;; But nevermind, I will definitely work on one so there'll be at least something before I leave.[/size][/COLOR]

[quote name='Malkav']just wanted to ask about the airships in the game.

will they be oversized blimps

[IMG]http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/300W/fs7.deviantart.com/i/2005/217/d/9/Super_Airship_Plus_by_The_Necromancer.jpg[/IMG]

or sky-faring galleons?

[IMG]http://tn1-3.pv.deviantart.com/fs15/150/f/2007/062/c/b/Airship_by_cenoslave.jpg[/IMG]

or better still, designed to our hearts content? I personally like the blimp like designs

also Victoria Ann should so sit near Jack during the party...just a suggestion based on our two characters.[/QUOTE][size=1]There will be all kinds of airships, so there's really no restrictions on what kinds of airships you have. Feel free to come up with whatever you want.

As for the party, while food will be served it won't exactly be a dinner. Other players seemed to have envisioned it as a grand ball, but I encourage you to interact with as many other characters as you see fit.

-Shy[/size]

Sorry about the lack of activity. I had a post typed up, but my computert went bonkers on me so I had to B-slap the ho and put it in its place...

Unfortunately, it responded by eating all my info and spitting it in my face. Technology these days: So rude.

Anyway, I promise to have a new post up by tomorrow. (Or today, since it's actually 3:20 am) But don't expect it to be long.

And I was wondering Shy or Sandy: What's the form of communication? Are there telegraphs or telephones? (early prototypes at least?) Or is it all just by mail?

And, Malkav, I'm totally up for any character interatction between Charles and Jack, just let me introduce him. I'll look you up on AIM and we can chat about some ideas, perhaps.

[font=franklin gothic medium]I just wanted to point something out about my character.

While the details of Vincent and Macey's divorce are not widely known, the family would probably know that it was a mutual decision. And even the family probably doesn't know the most intimate details of it.

I can imagine the Almagests being a little awkward around Vincent, but it's unlikely that any of them would be outright nasty to him. Not only does this largely go against the whole concept of their aristocracy, but it would be based on nothing - being that they don't have an in-depth knowledge of the marriage's complications.

I wanted to mention that because if his character is treated as a hated or very disliked person, it will be harder for him to build relationships with Almagest family members later on.

The only person who really bares a strong ill-will is Macey herself, but even her ill-will is, I imagine, not quite what it seems on the surface.[/font]

[size=1][COLOR="Navy"]James, I believe this has probably come about due to my last post. I'd like to say that first of all I didn't really know how I should portray Eva to respond to Vincent, but Raiha PMed me about an idea that became my post. But then I kinda figure that Eva would be kinda close to it, somewhat, anyway since the two are twins and Macey may have talked it out with Eva. I dunno, I think they (Vincent, Macey, Eva) will probably be able to work it out as the story progresses, but if you have a problem with it, I'll change it.[/COLOR][/size]