OtakuBoards

Gifts and Curses II: The Catacombs

Vicky

[SIZE=1]Or rather, the Underground thread.

I'll be posting the RPG on Friday, open for all the original characters or new ones. You can either play a relative to your original character (it must be their younges heir), your character, or if you're new to the game, a completely different character all together. Anything goes.

There's room for around fifteen players this time around, and hopefully I can make a full-cast again. Is anyone interested?

I have the storyline sorted, but I was also wondering what people thought about [b]time trravel[/b]. As far as I've written, each Zodiac controlled a part of the world at some point of their life (whether they took the form of a Greek God or a Roman Emperor), so if we went back in time, we could go to all the different eras of the Zodiac. I was wondering what people thought of that, whether they played inthe last game or not, or if you think it may be a bit complicated.

You can ask all the questions here, I decided to put this thread up as a sort of advertisement, you see =). Not revealing too much yet, though.[/SIZE]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[CENTER][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]I Applyed and played a bit in the last one but my posting skills were not much to be desired as my Internet was a bit restricted and my time was as well now i am a alot more free..

As for Time travel it can be fun if done correctly but is difficult to manage with such a large group.. Only question i got is are we going into the future as well as the past.

If you Wish to talk more Privately on the matter feel free to IM me[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]

...I was also wondering what people thought about time trravel.

Quoted for the sexy 'r' trill.

Time trravel is always complicated, milady. However, it's also incredibly fun, and opens very amusing avenues for frilling with things. And Lord knows I love to frill with things.

I have a lot of time this weekend; I'll see who I can come up with. (*still overshadowed by iceman Eddie*)
Edited by Allamorph

[quote name='Darren']You know I would love this... But what do you mean, the new characters would have to be the heirs of the original? Are we experiencing a major time jump or what?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Well I mean like sons and grandsons, just as long as they're related in some way. It's the youngest direct line to the Zodiacs from the last game - so technically, you could play a cousin. Hope that's not confusing.

I think I will be doing the time travel, later on. I don't know about the future, but defintely the past.

We'll see.

I wouldn't worry about most of the original cast though, a lot of them aren't around anymore =[/SIZE]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="77656"]Yeah, I don't see much in the whole next generaion after previous characters idea. Now, I'd enjoy being next-gen, but not a son or grandson of older characters. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]That [i]is[/i] mainly for the players who are interested in joining again, which is four so far, and also an idea myself and Revelation are planning on playing on. It's not so much about the 'descendants' and next generations from the originals, more of the principle of families and feud among the Zodiacs. I don't want a massive new storyline to develop with new characters, or else there would be no point in the first story - links and whatnot.

A lot of things were linked together in the old story by culture and history, it's a fun thought to play on.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="77656"]Any ideas for an antagonist? Or was there one in G&C I? If so I wouldn't know. I'd rather be a cousin though, so I don't need to worry about the character-connection btw, I was just wondering. But I'd like to be an antagonist, if I play of coarse. But that depends on you and Revelation.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]There could be, I'll let you know when we start this thing. If I don't get a full cast of the Zodiac then probably not, if I do it's okay then.

But you don't have to be related to the characters at all. It's three choices: your original character, a relative of the original, or a completely new character. The first two options are mainly for the original cast and for storyline's sake, the last option is for new comers (all three have a valid explanation in the story though).[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1]I was waiting for Lady A to post something up before I started this, but she hasn't so I don't know how long I can wait =(

Tomorrow. The sign-ups will be up tomorrow for those interested.

Sorry for the delay =)

(it should have been up this Wednesday but I was busy at a Manson gig grabbing his hand when he came to our side of the barrier and being pushed into his crotch. I kid you not - there is photo evidence. Hahaha, have YOU ever felt up a rock star?!)[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1][color=#8B008B]Of course, Vicky, you'd be only one who'd do that. =P

As for the idea, I think we've got it covered. And as far as time travel goes, so long as no one abuses that, then I think we're good. Hopefully, this time, we get a good group and nothing goes astray. Not that I'm saying, we've got a terrible group right now or that the first G&C group was terrible either.

Just saying that, we want things to be interesting, yeah?[/size][/color]

[FONT=Arial]I'll be putting my sign-up up in the next couple of days. I'd have done it already, but I have about four other things I want to do at the same time, and the indecision usually means I end up playing Devil May Cry until I forget what I was doing. :animesigh

Gotta focus.[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I want my character to get her jollies with Ozy's character. It is possible I've figured, because she's got the healing factor, and theoretically it'd work well with someone else of her race. Species. Whatever. Who cares?

But the point is, even if it does burn her, and repeatedly...everywhere...it'd still be worth it, because she likes the pains after all. And I find that smell of roasting flesh to be somewhat tasty. Ideas? Good? Bad? Oh Raiha you charismatic stallion...[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]Done. ...ish.

I hope you don't mind that I gave Adrienne access to her abilities at such an early age, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Vicky[/COLOR], or that I used her father as a sort of "carrier". Those are the two touchy spots, I think.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Raiha[/COLOR], my lady, you give me the shivers.[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]So according to this Zodiacal Chart... Thingy... Scorpio and Pisces are like perfect partners for each other.

And Gemini and Pisces are like a total opposites. At least this makes it easy for me to pick allies and enemies.

That is unless I am going to sleep with my enemy.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]...And Gemini and Pisces are like a total opposites...[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1]You trying to say you'll never love me in this RP? I'm all shocked and disappointed now![/size]

[size=1]So I guess the Arena's going to wish it kept its ratings now... XD

Alreet, should be starting soon, but a few notes: the sign-ups are all fine, so we won't change anything now. I think Blayze is joining us as Oculus Dexter, and that's the note I need to make:

We're changing the genders of the two Oculus'. So Oculus Dexter is now a man, and Sinister a woman - their positions don't change, only their gender since I think Blayze wants to play a man.

On a second note, Ikillion's character is related to two characters in the game if you guys have been keeping up with the sign-ups (wait, I'm not sure if I should mention that XD ). As you know, powers are only inherited when the original carrier is dead. But in the last game (and this one), all the Zodiac have been living relatively close to each other; the powers work on random selection is a certain area, so it [i]is[/i] possible for someone related to another Zodiac to gain the power from random selection.

At least, that's the excuse I'm using XD

But who cares, we shouldn't worry about all this, I want people to feel nice and relaxed in the story and let it carry itself along. We might go down my path, maybe, not sure, depends how I feel =p[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]I'm sure it's a curse that's following me. Any RPG that I sign up for (and am accepted into) for some reason ends up being quiet and nobody seems to want to post. ¬_¬ Right pain in the árse if you ask me![/size]