OtakuBoards

Gifts and Curses II

Vicky

[center][img]http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9155/giftsandcursescopydt5.png[/img]

Aries
Taurus
Gemini
Cancer
Leo [Poss. Taken]
Virgo
Libra
Scorpius
Sagittarius
Capricornus [Vicky]
Aquarius
Pisces
Ophiuchus [Poss. Taken]
Oculus Dexter
Oculus Sinister[/center]

[size=1]Long before the scholars and philosophers of mankind their came a great power from the stars in the form of simple human beings. These creatures, the Zodiac, saw that the humans had the potential to build vast empires and civilisations ? much like the Zodiac?s home world. Filled with the feeling of nostalgia and pride for stumbling upon such a promising corner of the galaxy, the fifteen Zodiacs stepped into the development of Neanderthals, only to turn them into men.

In later years to come, when the scholars did finally evolve ? though ignorant and primitive they were ? the Zodiac had provided a great deal to start the humans off in their mighty civilisation. Although scattered, the Zodiac were enough to oversee the world equally, with the two deities known as Oculus Dexter and Oculus Sinister ruling the apparent ?centre? of the new world ? Babylonia. Here, the Zodiac would meet often, as friends and politicians, boasting about the new achievements their corner of the world would invent. To the world, the Zodiacs were seen as Gods ? interrupted and embedded into myths and legends, from the likes of Zeus, Hades, and even having a system of stars and birthdates named after them in later years.

Although they had found great solitude playing the life of Gods, the Zodiac missed their home, wherever they had come from. As a tribute to their people, they Zodiac built a grand tower in the middle of this new world ? the Tower of Babel, a symbol to all that was lost.

During a meeting of these Gods one day, Oculus Dexter, the twin sister of Oculus Sinister, proposed that they cease their God-like attitudes and instead lived among human beings as legends, instead of ruley Gods holding back their culture. The majority of the Zodiac agreed to this, however the small minority did disagree. Oculus Dexter then proposed, as a compromise, that they could live the life of Gods, but only the Gods a human invented ? she suggested to wait until the civilisations created their own fictions and then take the shoes of those Gods, if it so pleased them to do so. The minority were pleased with this and agreed ? except Oculus Sinister.

When no one would agree with him, Sinister took it into his own hands. With the power given to him by his home world, Sinister destroyed the Tower of Babel in a single flick of his hands and a mighty gust of wind, shattering the trust and unity of the Zodiac. When scholars wrote about this action many mistook Sinister as a God ? just what he wanted ? and the description of the world separating into different tongues and cultures was true. The Zodiacs, having argued to the last of their breath, split up to their ends of the world, to all the mighty cultures that would evolve from one Zodiacs way as opposed to the other.

Oculus Dexter and Oculus Sinister remained among a scattered Babylonia, fighting amongst themselves. The Zodiac were incorporated into many myths and legends as Gods and rulers of the stars ? Capricornus after the demon Baphomet, Leo having references to Jupiter and the twins having their own magnificent share of legends. The Zodiac saw themselves as immortal ? which they were ? but this was all proven wrong.

In a time of great boredom for such Gods they joined the mortals, as men, and fought beside them. Even when they used their powers, the Zodiac died. The first to fall was Ophiuchus the Snake Wielder, as an Egyptian Pharaoh. In their many civilisations did the Zodiac fall, losing the memory of their own culture so many stars away.

Although this was not true. When the Zodiac died, they were reborn, their powers manifested in different forms in different mortals. Great heroes across the globe would emerge from these beings ? Augustus, Julius Caesar, Gilgamesh, Rasputin, Alexander the Great? all reincarnations of these great Gods. Although the mortals rarely knew of their heritage, they did know of their power, which arose in many forms. As soon as they received this power they were Zodiacs until they were killed by mortals hands ? if the Zodiac had an heir, a bloodline, then their power would be passed onto the youngest.

When the two longest living Zodiacs became aware of this they instantly became alarmed that their immortality was at threat. Although Dexter seemed rather adequate with the fate of death, Sinister was not at all pleased. The twins ? the most unique Zodiac of them all ? could not be killed unless the other was dead. Their campaign on Earth spanned only two reincarnations ? as well as being the longest living Zodiacs, they were also the most knowledgeable.

In later years, Oculus Sinister and Oculus Dexter parted ways. But Sinister had a plan ? he would seek out and destroy the Zodiacs born with their new power, to prevent them from ever taking his own immortality away. He succeeded in doing this for three generations of Zodiac until the 21st century when he was stopped by a group of modern Zodiacs ? thus ending and beginning the twin?s third year.

However, the new forms of the twins ? Oculus Sinister and Oculus Dexter ? manifested themselves with powers not even the Zodiacs would imagine.[/size]

[center]THE DILEMMA[/center]

[size=1]Almost fifty years on from the time in which thirteen powerful Zodiacs bickered, argued, battered and fought amongst themselves and, somehow, killed the two most powerful twins in the world, a new problem arises. Whether the Zodiacs be those who fought against Oculus Sinister (or, Quan, as he was known) all those years ago, direct descendants or completely different strangers, the problem arises once again.

The twins were reincarnated into Mithras, formally Aequitas fifty years ago (Oculus Dexter) and Runihura, the former Quan (Oculus Sinister). Their powers are yet to be known.

Unlike centuries ago when the two would walk among men and quarrel in the sight of mortals, the new reincarnation, Runihura, has yet to be sighted. However, the idea of Runihura staying out of humanities way is yet to be seen ? in actual fact, Runihura holds the most powerful position in the world, out of the eyes of humanity ? the World Bank. And as the nations of the world draw together to create one union ? under one Government ? the people think nothing of it but a glorious day. Only the Zodiac and a few other intelligent beings can see that something is wrong.

It is not known how Runihura gains such a status, however it is known that history seems to be missing a few gaps. The power of the twin Zodiac seems to expand far beyond the reaches of the human realm.

The world is dawning on a new age ? the world is ignorant to its leader, hiding behind the desks of democracy and Governments. The task is [i]not[/i] to bring down the world and start a revolution, the task is to restore history to what it once was.

The story and motives will reveal itself.[/size]

[center]THE ZODIAC[/center]

[size=1]If you were in the last RPG, you can play your original character. If your character is dead, you can play their immediate heir.

If the Zodiac has no heir, the power is passed on to a completely new person.

Your Zodiac power does not have to relate to your Zodiac element.

Prior knowledge of the previous RPG is not necessary.

I will leave a spot open for Mithras (Oculus Dexter), but Runihura is out of bounds for now.

Your Zodiac is more powerful by age, meaning that the characters from the previous story will be more powerful. I don?t want this to scare off any new contenders, though, your characters are most important to the game.

This isn?t first come first serve ? this is best sign-up wins. Whether the original players get special treatment has yet to be seen.

The story is vague so far, but it will reveal itself later on. All you need to know is that the World Bank rules the nation, and the nations are becoming one, much to the ignorance of the world (except the Zodiac, who see through it). Aspects of time travel and history might be involved. You don't have to worry too much about all of this, just imagine, relax, and make the story go wherever we want it to go.

Your gift should include a curse. For example, my character is very powerful, but his powers cause disturbing imagery and his powers cannot be used on people with good intentions. It fits in the title ?Gifts and Curses?, see.

Have fun or I will fucking kill you =)[/size]

[center]THE APPLICATION[/center]

[size=1][B]Describe the day your character discovered their powers, or describe in instance in which your character uses their powers (second option is better for characters from the first story).[/B]

You may provide an application form, including the description of your powers, if you want to explain more.

I?ll post my sign-up later on. Send me a message if you need anything explaining.[/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Pisces: Secretive and vague

Gift: The power to bring the recently dead back to life; perfect regeneration.

Curse: Every time she heals, takes the wounds of her patients back upon her.

[i]I shouldn’t have taken the shortcut with her, but Bless talked me into it anyway. I didn’t check to see if she was wearing her seatbelt. As we swerved around the corner, the semi met us head on. I remember the flare of bright lights. The unbearable brightness in my eyes, overloading my senses, and then the crushing pain as the airbags deployed. White light everywhere, covering me, staining me, piercing me through and through, again and again until the pain became just another sensation for me to block out. When I came back, I saw Bless. She’d been thrown from the car more than twenty feet. Her body was crushed, torn, virtually unrecognizable. She wasn’t moving. I couldn’t even hear myself screaming, but I know I was. I nearly collapsed on top of her. My hands couldn’t stop shaking even as I reached out to touch her skin. I grabbed her and tried to feel her pulse. I put my hand over her heart. I clung to her desperately, covered in her blood. As I held her, I felt my body numb, my left eye flicker with pain. That same white light from before came back and nearly crushed me once more. And then she was back. Bless opened her eyes and stared up at me.

I held her and sobbed like a baby, covered in pain. My left eye wasn’t working, and my chest ached like fire where hers had met concrete. Whatever I had done, it hurt more than anything ever had before. In my mind's eye, the only place where my vision was perfect, I could see her body stretched out before me. With my thoughts, I'd reached for her and saved her. I'd done it by myself. Nobody else had helped me. No God. No Angel of Mercy. They'd sat this one out. I turned back and looked down at my only friend.[/i]

“You brought me back from hell Eiyaga.”

“Maybe I did.” [i]I considered her with my right eye only. My head burned with a thousand promises of pain to come. My heart pounded dully against aching ribs, and I sighed aloud. Bess looked over at the semi, the sound of the engine loud in our ears.[/i]

“What about the trucker?”

“...I’m going to let him die. For putting us through this.”

[i]The police came. The ambulances. The fire trucks. The questions began, endless and ridiculous, but we stuck to our story. We lied. I lied for Bless and Bless lied for me. And my fatal wounds, the wounds of my friend healed themselves, but my left eye’s never come back. I've used my abilities countless times since then. Every time I find new pain. But every time, someone keeps on living. My name is Eiyaga Meya, and I hate you all.[/FONT][/COLOR][/i]

[SIZE="1"][B]Aquarius:[/B] Honest and intuative

[B]Gift:[/B] The ability to see the truth in all its forms

[B]Curse:[/B] The truth is itself a curse, for as they say, ignorance is bliss. No word that escapes her lips is a lie and of course, noone likes to hear the truth.

She had always known the truth, had never known an untruth and had suffered for it. She knew that her mother did not love her, or, indeed, her father. She had known even when her mother denied the fact to her face. She knew that her mother spent her 'girly nights out' sleeping with other men, faceless and unnamed men that she never met and never would. She knew that her father knew of her mother's frequent antics, she could see it in his sad blue eyes as he rocked her to sleep as a baby. She knew of his anguish as he cajoled her with high spirited games. She knew how his heart had broken with an empty smile on his face.

They divorced when she was ten. They said that it wasn't her fault, and she knew that to be the truth, perhaps one of the only truths her mother had ever said to her face. Her father loved her for her unwavering honesty, her mother, she knew, despised her for it.

She always spoke the truth, though had never been taught to do so. As a girl she could never understand why many people resented her for it. Only the bravest and most self assured could bare to be in her presence, undeterred by her lack of falsehoods. "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all", her teachers said, but the truth was often far from nice, a lesson she had learned early on in life. In time she learned that many feared the horrible truths, preferred to swaddle themselves in comforting lies and calming fictions, if only to make the world more bareable. She learned to keep her truths to herself, though when asked they were all she could give.

Unable to be comforted by stories and facades, she exists in a world where ever individual's true and terrible intentions are open to her should they dare to conceal it with a lie. Some could go mad with the knowledge. She does, however, find solace in those whose intentions are not so terrible. Those who hide their goodness behind a veil of modesty, those whose foulness hides a gentler truth.

When her mother tried to placate her as a child with adoring words, she could see it for the charade it was.

When her father whispered 'I love you, my darling Sophie', she knew it to be true.

OOC:I know it's not really a situation. I hope it counts, if not please let me know and I'll change it [/SIZE]

[COLOR="darkred"][B]Gemini:[/B][/COLOR] mysterious and twisted

[B][COLOR="darkred"]Gift:[/COLOR][/B] the power to see into the future; foresight

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Curse:[/COLOR][/B] not everything in the future is always happy. She can see the bloody gruetest death of someone or the screams and terrors of murders or anything that you wouldn't find pleasent in the least. If you can see it all, then most people would bug the shit out of you just to know it all.

[FONT="Century Gothic"]It was just a normal day at school. I thought that nothing would go wrong. That was, until I fell asleep in class.

[COLOR="darkred"][I]"What? Where am I?!"[/I] [/COLOR]I said as my words went on endlessly through the vass space that I saw. [I]'Is this another dream or something else?'[/I] I thought to myself as I started walking. I was then transported to what seemed like the busy streets in a city. I kept walking as though I was following an everyday path of someone. I didn't know where the hell I was or what I was doing. All I did was walk. I kept walking all the way until I reached a house. I walked up the front steps and opened the door. Inside the house there was no one there. I continued up the stairs and up to what would seem like the master bedroom. I reached the door.

The door was closed and seemed as though it had been locked. There were no sounds from the inside so it seemed somewhat suspicious. Then out of nowhere, it went from first person view to third person view. I could now see that I was walking the everyday life of a man that I had never known nor met. I watched him as he bent over and grabbed a key that was under the carpet infront of the door. He stood back up and put the key into the keyhole. The lock clicked and he walked in. Curious on what he was going to do and why the door was locked, I followed him into the room. Inside the room, there was a man and a woman. It seemed as though that the woman was his wife and that she was having an affair. The man pulled out a switchblade from his pocket and slowly approached the two.

He then raised the knife and stabbed it right through the woman to the man killing them both. There was blood everywhere and screams the pierced the entire room. The man kept stabbing the two, over and over. Blood spilling everywhere and the man doing the killing had an evil grimance upon his face. When I walked to the other side to see who the man was getting killed. I saw the horrified face of my homeroom teacher as he was already dead and getting stabbed repeatedly. I let out a scream and woke up.[/FONT]

[COLOR="darkred"][B]"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="darkred"][B]"Miss Kyoko Yamamoto. Do you have a problem with my teaching?"[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="darkred"][B]"Uh...um...I'm sorry. I guess that I just saw something...I don't really feel that well."[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="darkred"][B]"Go to the nurse's office. I will not tolerate screaming in my class."[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="darkred"][B]"Yes sir."[/B][/COLOR]

[I]'I guess that I do need some rest. Something doesn't feel right. What in the world was that thing that I saw? I must be going lunatic.'[/I]

[FONT="Century Gothic"]My name is Kyoko Yamamoto. At that time I was 18 years old and I lived in Kyoto, Japan and attended Rose High School. This was the first time that I had ever seen a vision in my life. And from then on, I knew that something was going to happen. I am now 23 years old and more of these visions kept coming. They've been coming more frequent and everytime I see them, the next day it happens. I think they are trying to tell me something. But what?[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Leo:[/COLOR] [/B]A leader, rebellious
[COLOR="DarkRed"][b]Age[/b][/COLOR] 73
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Gift:[/COLOR][/B] The gift of warmth. He can generate heat in the coldest of circumstances - whether the warmth be physical or mental. Needless to say, he rarely ever uses the non-physical aspects of his power. He's selfish like that.
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Curse: [/COLOR][/B] His blood is fire. Literally. It shouldn't be possible - yet it is. Prolonged contact with his bare skin will cause first-and-second degree burns; touching his blood is somewhat akin to sticking your hand in the heart of a fire.

[CENTER]----[/CENTER]

[URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/OzymandiusJones/DZ003723.jpg"][B]Charles de Fontaine[/B][/URL] sat in the rain, ignoring the way the chilly water steamed and hissed off his bare hands and feet. He was too busy watching other things - the gray ocean in the distance, the clouds rolling on the horizon...

...the younger man jumping from puddle to puddle in the driveway, turning larger pools of water into smaller ones with every splash.

[I]Somethin' ain't right with that boy.[/I] He thought, same as he'd thought many many times lately. Granted...he'd never [I]asked[/I] the young man how he'd found him. Or how his powers had awakened. And he knew for himself how traumatizing that could be. It had taken brutality, pain and almost death to bring [I]his[/I] to the surface - who knew what had made this guy's? maybe the strain had been too much?

He shrugged to himself, and pulled a cigarette from his pocket, unwrapping his hand. The wounds there never really healed. He always had scrapes and cuts...it was strange, really - everything looked the same, smelled the same, [I]tasted[/I] the same as it had...before everything had gone to hell, but...

He pressed the tip of the cigarette to one of the cuts, grinning when the end flared to life. [I]There we go. [/I] He exhaled a stream of white smoke, still watching the young man. It had been a long, long [i]long[/i] time since he'd been that young. Even longer since he [i]acted[/i] that young. How had he reached this age? Why did he still feel twenty-three?

[i]Not that I'm complaining.[/i] He thought, shaking his head, watching the water fly. He just sat there until he was soaked through, so saturated that it wouldn't - couldn't - evaporate fast enough. It took to that point for him to stand, his hair falling out of its constant spikes to drip down his face.

"Ana, c'mon, y'been out here enough, yea?"

Anakoni didn't listen. But then again...he rarely did.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][B][COLOR="teal"]Cancer:[/COLOR][/B] Imaginative, protective, intuitive, fearless, eccentric, over-dramatic, quick-tempered, violent.
[B][COLOR="teal"]Gift:[/COLOR][/B] He sees the past, present and future in water, whatever form it happens to be in. In little puddles, or sheets of ice, Anakoni can see a scene playing out like a film at the local cinema show. Well, with bad sound ? these films aren?t talkies, and they sound vaguely as if you?re listening in with your head in a pool of water. Anakoni can also keep his body one constant, unchanging, cool temperature. Kinda like an air-conditioned person.
[B][COLOR="Teal"]Curse:[/COLOR][/B] Like he?s said ?Your days are predicted in the puddle down the road, your mama's youth I can see in that fountain on the square. Flash, flash, flash; it doesn?t stop.? That?s not too fun if you ask me, because it doesn?t stop; where there?s water and he?s looking, he sees and sees. Talk about headaches?

[B]Name:[/B] [U][URL="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/DeSotoDiceFreak/Anakoni.jpg"]Anakoni Haydn Ole?me?hua[/URL][/U]
[b]Age:[/b] 24
----

[B]Age During Snippet:[/B] 21

Anakoni curled his hand loosely around the small velvet box that rested at the bottom of his pocket as he reached with his other for the smaller, more delicate hand of the woman who sat smiling across from him. Paralleling the hand curled in his pocket, he took her hand gently in his, brushing a calloused thumb over the knuckles.

Outwardly the only thing that betrayed the young man?s nervousness was the coolness of his skin, but inwardly he was trying to calm himself down. It wasn?t working so well, but he was attempting anyhow, counting slowly backwards from one0hundred to quiet the rampant worries and doubts. Anakoni was counting down a second time (this time in Welsh) when Helena tugged on his hand, startling him.

?Anakoni, you said you had something to give me!? Her voice had a vaguely petulant tone to it, but Anakoni dismissed it as he nodded. His throat tightened as he swallowed and grinned.

?Yes, I?? He swallowed again, mouth dry, words failing to come to his lips. Helena raised an eyebrow at him as he let go of her hand and reached for his glass of water.

?So??? The upturn of her lips and her tone of voice turned coy and teasing as she watched him take a sip of water, then return the glass to the table as he began to answer.

An ?I love ?? made it past his lips this time before he started, nearly knocking over the glass of water he?d been staring into. A shudder rand down Anakoni?s spine at Helena?s questioning gaze and he turned, fixing his gaze out the window at the rain as he tried to speak again.

This time nothing came out at all, period. Faint tremors began to shake him and finally Helena tossed the napkin that sat on her lap onto the table in an aggravated huff. She barely stifled a sigh as she stood and cross to Anakoni?s side of the table, grabbing him by his shoulders.

??one more time, baby. What. Is. It?? The last three words were punctuated each with a shake, as Anakoni finally focused on her with disturbingly [i]un[/i]focused eyes.

?We?re through.? Somehow the fact that Anakoni had apparently regained the use of his tongue didn?t make Helena feel all that good as he continued. ?Finite. The us is no more and is now me and you, and me is leaving.? He got to his feet as Helena sank into a chair at the table behind them. ?Have this ring as my apology.?

The small velvet box he?d been holding the entire night was shoved into Helena?s hand and as the door to the small restaurant shut behind Anakoni, Helena was left staring at the engagement ring that lay upon a bed of velvet. The restaurant at large ? startled as it was by the sudden departure ? took several minutes to return to the level of volume it had exhibited previously.

Helena heard none of the conversations going on around her and down the road from the restaurant Anakoni cursed softly beneath his breath as he walked with hands over his eyes.

[center]*-*-*-*-*[/center]

[i]Who sees the future in a glass of water? No, seriously, who?! Is there a name for seeing things in one?s beverage of choice?[/i]

Anakoni was still walking, hands [i]still[/i] over his eyes. He hadn?t liked the view the water-glass had offered.

[i]As if it wasn?t already bad?I had to see [b]that[/b].[/i]

It hadn?t been very long ? he?d looked only a short time before pulling back ? but it had been enough! The man with Helena in the vision hadn?t been scrawny-old-him, he could tell that, though Helena still wore his ring and he?d been able to recognize that his own belongings filled the room.

[i]Didn?t need to see that?[/i]

So he?d looked out the window, unable to meet Helena?s gaze. The view out the window?

[i]That was worse. The rain. So many shattered pictures.[/i]

The puddle on the windowsill had shaken Anakoni the worst. He shuddered again as it flashed unbidden through his mind.

[i]The blond man?or women?? No one deserved that. And the changes?the fiery, bloody changes.[/i]

Another shudder wracked his frame and at last he uncovered his eyes to see the rain.

Anything to block out the blond; even more visions were preferable to that.

[b][Finished][/b][/SIZE]

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Virgo: Pragmatic and Methodical

Name: Harvey Jackson

Gift: Can manipulate, though not control, the flow of time around himself, an object, or an individual.

Curse: Virgo takes random 'leaps' through time. The leaps can be triggered at anytime. These leaps can put him at an earlier or later time. They last for both short and long amounts of time. His 'self' in the present however keeps doing as it was. When Virgo returns, he forgets what he was doing at the moment until his memories return and he continues with whatever it was. (if you want further explanation, don't hesitate to contact me. It seems complicated, but its not. Kinda like the futurama episode with the globetrotters.)

[I]I remember running... somewhere, not too sure where though. Someone was after me. Someone had been chasing me for a long time, something about me told him to rob me. Looking over my shoulder I could him, stringy hair, unkempt, old dirty clothes. He looked like a Jew down on his luck. My legs carried me to a corner, a dead end, and he caught up to me. A thief, or some other kind of vagabond, come to steal something away from me. The pounding in my chest told me I was scared, terrified even. I waited for him to move in on me and wished that somehow I could escape, I wished somehow this would stop. He then slowed down, not just him but the air around him. The short breaths he took became long and drawn out. His heartbeat had become so slow that it stood out from the ambient noises of the world. Taking this as my chance to defend myself, I swung at him, hitting him clean in the jaw. The blow knocked him off kilter, and I saw him slowly loose, then regain balance. I could see myself in his eyes, and there was a fuzz about the world. As if it were out of focus.

He stood, looking at me. I was looking him the exact same way, whatever just happened, we both knew it was unnatural. He pulled out a gun, a sleek silver piece that might as well have had "Kill Harvey" written on it because I knew what he was about to do. I held my hands up, not knowing what that would do exactly. It started happening again. Unnoticed the first time I did this "trick" was that I could feel when I did it. It feels almost as if I'm flexing some unseen, unknown muscle when I play with time. I waited for the gun to fire and the bullets to impact and kill me, but they never did. Lowering my hands, I could see why. They'd stopped moving and hung there as if I had pressed the great pause button on them. The thief, utterly terrified by the kid he had just chased down into the alley, turned and ran, probably faster than he was running when he chased me.

I reached my hand out to touch one of the bullets, and as pulling cherries from the bush, I plucked it out of the air. I held it for a few seconds until the heat of it caught up to me and it burned my skin, I dropped it instantly and it continued on its new path at full speed. Confused I stuck my hands in my pocket and walked away, wondering how I did it and if I could do it again if I wanted. Suddenly a loud noise came from the alley. It sounded like someone had thrown rocks back there. At first, I was going to check it out, but I realized it was the bullets. Without me there to keep them frozen, they had continued their paths and shot into the walls. This was the first day I ever used my trick. The weeks and months that followed saw me trying to perfect it, should I ever need it again.

So after I got it under control, I started using my trick often. I started small, stopping glasses before they hit the ground or increasing my speed to get to places a little faster. Then I became more advanced. I started trapping our neighbor's cat in loops where it would run up and down a tree. I sat with my neighbors, a young man and his wife, and watched the cat for hours, enjoying the explanations they came up with for his behavior. I liked them, and I had been noticing his wife giving me the eye for a while. Then it happened.

I don't remember exactly how, I just know one minute I was enjoying my neighbors then the next I was sitting down in a chair staring at a ceiling. It was dark outside, and I felt good. Letting out a heavy sigh I realized that something was going on, I looked down to see a girl's head between my legs. I thought I was dreaming and assumed that I was zoned out or fell asleep on the lawn. This was all a lucid dream...then I felt teeth. I pulled her head up to the sounds of her saying sorry and realized who it was, it was my neighbor's wife. She looked scared and confused as I started asking her questions. "Where are we?" "Where's your husband" "Why am I here?". I checked my watch which showed the time and date and realized it was a day later. I immediately pulled my pants up and ran for it. That was the first time I leaped. I couldn't look at those two again in the same way and I swear I was afraid to use my powers for a month. Its as if my being able to control time has shortened my life... I can't explain, I don't want to. I just want to control it. My name is Harvey Jackson, and I will soon master time.

[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1][B]Legal Name:[/B] Daniel Anderson
[B]D.O.B./Age:[/B] January 10th, 74 [Admitted age 72] (Capricorn)
[B]Date Admitted:[/B] September 12th 2048

A highly dangerous, violent patient released for a short period after a year and released indefinitely in the second year. The patient has a history of OCD and a family history of schizophrenia and manic depression and has been tested for both, though current symptoms point to no solution. Patient’s symptoms can be described as dissociation, perfectionism, violent outbursts, insomnia, paranoia, agitation and major depressive episodes.

The patient was admitted after being arrested on account of assault, robbery, substance abuse and attempted murder.

Television was mind-numbing bullshit, fallacies and lies. There wasn't much else to do in this place, though, except maybe stare blankly at a white wall. If you behaved yourself, you could [i]almost[/i] act like a normal person, ignoring the fact you were sharing the couch with at least four other nutcases. It took Dani a year to convince people he was only dangerous when it suited him... and, of course, he wasn't insane at all. They just didn't get it - but how did you explain that you could turn their minds inside out without them thinking you were crazy?

Dani wasn't really watching the television. He was staring behind it, at the wall, while a slightly larger, possibly weirder man sat beside him intently studying the cartoons. Dani glanced at him with icy blue eyes for a moment, rolling his eyes and scoffing each time. These people were so easy to amuse... Dani didn't know what the fuck he was doing here. All his life amounted to ths...

Had he been young again, mentally since his physical age seemed perfect, Dani would have busted out before he even got in. But somewhere along the line his self-esteem got shot, his mind went blank like a storm destroying everything that would have been him fearsome and cruel. Now his motivation was dead and buried, like a man on an everlasting come down from speed. The humour and joking was aside after all these years; he'd had it, no more playing. If he ever became motivated again to what he once was, all that would remain would be a bitter resentment of the past, hate and... well, it wasn't a far cry from his younger years... he supposed.

He didn't want to watch the crap on TV anymore. No, he didn't want to watch it. It was noise, irritation, silly. Sighing, he raised his hand slowly, passively flicking his wrist. The screen became a bleak darkness for a second, before bouncing into static. The man beside him stared at Dani, having watched his every move, and Dani turned his gaze to him, coldly, daring the man.

[B]"Nurse!"[/B]

He had stood up, eyes still on Dani, perparing to tell the same story to the nurse every week; "That man's a sorcerer, he is! Black magic!" and the nurse would calm him down every week, and come and apologise to Dani, who would give half a grin and say he doesn't belong here.

Of course, they didn't believe him.

Dani liked the static on a television. It was background radiation from some of the oldest light in the Universe, not commercial bullshit rotting the brain. After fifty years, the world seemed to be turning into crap anyway, with new laws and government officals, countries and leaders becoming so close they may as well have formed a gay nation. Dani scoffed. He knew they were trying to create some kind of connection between all the worlds... so then where ever you went, freedom was far from the lands.

[B]"Daniel?"[/B]

Dani looked up lazily, a doctor stood at the door, clipboard, long white coat, thick rimmed glasses, the whole cliche.

[B]"Can you come with me, please?"[/B]

No, I cannot. Dani felt like saying. No I can't because I don't want to move and I'd rather just sit here because everyone took everything away from me.

He didn't say it, of course, and trying to look in the best of health Dani followed him, lazily with his hands in his pockets and his head down. He followed only using the senses he had obtained, his ears and his head, not actually able to see the doctor. All became suspcious when Dani passed the wards and into a corridor that was so old in his mind, it was almost new. He looked up, noticing they were nearing the entrance.

The atmosphere was so different in the reception. It was louder, buzzing, vibrant without a single scream from someone who just flipped their lid. Dani looked around, noticing it wasn't all that busy, just different. His eyes focused on the reception desk, seeing a man he was all too famaliar with - old now, paler, looking like he was in his sixties and signing some documents.

Dave.

After a small talk, a caution, a 'guide' book, a piece of paper, and a handshake, Dani found himself slumping through the front doors and stepping onto cold streets with an old friend. He had done his best to get Dani out, buying him an apartment and everything. Though Dani was grateful, he didn't speak through the entire journey; Dave understood. Dani was a bit broken after so long, though soon enough he would be the same.

That night, Dave left him, hesitantly, and Dani would watch the TV's static. His eyes were hollow and he didn't feel like doing much else tonight, simply replying events over in his head. When he would grab a victim by their head, pull their face close to his and penetrate their eyes, seeing into the back of their heads and planting lies and hallucinations - enough to destroy them - or simply lifting his hands up and making the shadows dance to his will, like dark telekinesis... and some people, whom e had mixed feelings for, had obtained some of his own powers. He wasn't even unique among the Zodiac.

And he wondered what happened to them...

...Some of them were dead. Some of them just died. Some of them left him. Some of them left a lasting impression.

He would have the pay them a visit, sometime.
[center]*[/center]

As a rather simple explanation, Dani’s powers are a form of dark telekinesis, physic abilities revolving around shadows and the darkness. The curse of Dani’s abilities is that they can never do good; his hallucinations and mental games serve only to hurt people, they have no healing properties whatsoever. Also, Dani is plagued by nightmares and disturbing imageries when he uses his powers (the basis for his illusions are from his imagination and parts of his life, and since he also sees these hallucinations they effect him as well). Due to his powers numerous physical changes have become apparent to Dani – his eyes turn black when using his powers, his teeth have shaped into almost vampire-like fangs, his skin has become paler and he is sensitive to the light.

[b]Description:[/b] [url= http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/DaniJyrkissa.jpg]Here[/url], [url= http://www.jurnale.ro/imagini_utilizator/8876/utilizator_8876_mare_667437_i132804609_52738_6.jpg]here[/url] and [url=http://fasawa.altervista.org/danidark.jpg]here[/url].[/size]

[size=1][color=#8B008B][B][i][u]50 years ago[/i][/U][/B]
The room was cold and dimly lit, as interrogation rooms always were. A woman in her mid 20s sat in the room staring at the double-sided mirror. Her posture and expression said she was used to scenarios like the one she was in. It stated that interrogations were nothing more than routine in her life. She merely sat with crossed arms and didn’t bother to look at the detective, even when she was asked a question.

[B]“You’re pretty familiar with all of this, aren’t you, Ms. Han?”[/B] The woman didn’t say anything. The detective chuckled and continued. [B]“Let’s take a look at your sheet. Juliet Han. Date of Birth: November 30. Age: Twenty-Four.”[/B] A whistle escaped as he skimmed the papers before him.

Before the detective could say anything, Juliet said with monotonous tone, [B]“Yes, I’ve been in trouble a fair amount of times. Yes I’ve seen the inside of a cell on more counts than anyone else. And yes, I really did do all of that.”[/B] With an irritated sigh, Juliet added, [B]“And I already you told everything about what happened that night.”[/B]

The detective cleared his throat and went on to ask, [b]“Then what can you tell me...”[/B] He pulled out security photos of Juliet in the Harlem Academy. [B]“About this?”[/B]

It wasn’t the fact that Juliet was caught on camera. It didn’t faze her that the security camera caught her walking around Harlem Academy. She was more stunned to see that it caught her using her powers. But she tried not to let it surface.

[B]“I can tell you that it was probably the smoke during the fire.”

“Smoke doesn’t create snake-like figures and they certainly don’t wrap around a person...like that,”[/B] He pointed out as he pointed at Juliet and her snakes. [B]“So cut the crap and tell me what really went on.”[/B]

At this point, Juliet locked gaze with the detective. Her eyes pierced something fierce into his, slowly placing darkness into them. It was a tactic she picked up from a friend, and a resourceful one at that. The detective gulped and tried to break the gaze but couldn’t. Juliet’s eyes started to turn dark and yellow slits replaced her pupils. She stood up slowly and shadows crept from every corner of the room, blocking whatever light seeped through. When all was done, Juliet was still standing but the detective looked around dumbly, not remember what he had been doing.

With a hidden smirk, Juliet simply said, [B]“If I’m not actually being charged for anything, I’ll be on my way.”[/B]

[center]+ + + + +[/center]

[B][i][u]Present[/i][/u][/B]
A woman stood in front of a window holding her elbows in her hands. She sighed as she looked out, watching the children play. She watched with envious eyes, knowing she couldn’t live as carelessly as they anymore.

[B]“It’s been fifty years now. Since that bastard came into our lives.”[/B] Somehow, anger didn’t flush over her as it should have, instead darkness exuded from her hands as Juliet clenched them into fists. A hand touched her shoulder and the familiar scent of her son comforted her. Juliet smiled softly and moved away from the window. She seated herself on the couch and listened to the curtains closing. She sat, staring into the blank television screen, looking at the reflection before her. [B]“Fifty goddamn years and what do I get for it? Looking not a day over 25? Always looking over my shoulder?”[/B]

Her son sat beside her and put a hand over hers. [B]“You get a son, mom,”[/B] He replied.

Fifty years passed and never once had Juliet shed a tear. She was the same as she was fifty years ago: two opposite personalities inhabiting one being. One was powerful, professional, authoritative, and collected; the other was adventurous, thrill-seeking, daring, and wild. Though she possesses these personalities, the years have toned her down. Albeit, her powers grew to exponential heights.

Shadows came crawling from the darkest corners of the house, wrapping themselves around Juliet’s body. She looked into the television, only to see glowing silver eyes and nothing more. Without so much as a thought, the shadows dispersed and returned to their respectful places. Juliet sighed and knew that she didn’t rely on instinct to control her powers.

Her son put his hand on her shoulder again, giving silent comfort. He knew the weight she carried and he knew the burdens that came with it. She had powers beyond anyone’s imaginations and once in her lifetime, she had used them to destroy. Now, with honed powers, who knows what she would use them for.

Juliet’s zodiac is Ophiuchus [the snake holder] and to explain Juliet’s powers better, think of Raven from Teen Titans. If you don't know who Raven is then, Wikipedia her.

Now then, Juliet's power revolves around dark matter and shadows. She's able to manipulate it into the forms of snakes and use them for many different resources: telekinesis, defensive forces [armour, shields, etc], offensive forces [weapons, blasts, etc], teleportation/walking through objects, suffocation of either a powers or their powers, empathy [conjuring dark emotions onto a person], and possesses soul representation in the form of a large cobra.

The downside to all of this is that her powers eat away her emotions and suppresses it; it leaves her emotionless. She can feel small bits of emotions but nothing drastic. She also goes through blind periods when she uses too much of her powers and has no recollection of what happened when she wakes up. And when under dire stress, a darker Juliet emerges, wreaking havoc.

[B]Description-[/B] [URL=http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/774/junjihyundr1.jpg]Bleh.[/URL] [URL=http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5434/junjihyunjl5.jpg]Bleh again.[/URL][/size][/color]

[SIZE=1][B][U] Sign:[/B][/U] Sagittarius; Honest yet aggressive.

[B][U]Gift:[/B][/U] Superhuman strengh, allows him to lift objects ten times his weight, and with that much strength, he manages to withstand more damage than normal.

[B][U]Curse:[/B][/U] His gift is triggered by stress, once triggered he will lose all regard to safety and destroy his target without remorse or memory what happens after his target's eliminated.

[B][U] Name:[/B][/U] Felix Marcus Freeman.
[B][U] Age:[/B][/U] 17.
[B][U]Apperence:[/B][/U] [URL="http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q234/Leon_Fury/spikeyrotate.jpg"]Click Here.[/URL]
_________

[B][U] 18Dec[/B][/U]
Today was another boring day at school, hung out with my little brother, Victor, and his friends, basically, same crap different day.

Wait. There WAS something different about today... it happened... again.

So, Victor and I get off the bus, then out of nowhere these "gangsters" start beating on Vic, I remember them saying:

"[B]You asshole, you don't speak with your hands![/B]"
"[B]You dickhead, you can't speak AT ALL. So what gives you the right to "sign" shit about us?![/B]"

I couldn't do much, they shoved me into a wall then, I passed out on contact.

Now, guys, this is the fucked up part.
When I came to my senses, I noticed that Victor was hugging me tightly and incoherently saying "thank you, so much, Marcus." over, and over again... I would have said there was no problem, but as I looked around, I noticed all this gore and blood, and dead bodies lying around... I swear they were those gang members beating on Victor like four minutes ago. This is the second time in one month this has happened. I don’t know what's happening to me.

Is it puberty?
No... That shit would have ended by now.
Am I on drugs?
No... I would remember that.

All I do remember is passing out, and then waking up finding out that whoever was causing trouble for me [or any of my friends] ended up as a street pizza... Seriously, I think there's something wrong with me... Or I could be hallucinating; I could be on drugs...

Not only has this shit happened off campus, it's happened multiple times AT school... like for instance I remember yelling at someone for talking shit about someone else, then I remember the first few hits to the face... that's where I passed out, next thing I know, I wind up in the nurse's office, waking up confused, and there is no evidence of bruising on my skin... I'm surprised they haven’t written me up, and called my father yet. When I asked the nurse if I was going to get written up, she had this look of stupidity on her face and replied, "[B]You, Felix.... You are special, you don’t need to get written up.[/B]", if I were a normal teen, I would have been all glad about it, but, I have a feeling that something's up.

- x.[/size]

[COLOR=#001824][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="1"][B]Libra[/B]: Mischievous and demanding

[B]Gift[/B]: Is able to see the fated destruction of object manifested as black lines that run along the body of an entity. These lines, if traced, will realize the destruction and the entity will be cut or cracked wherever the line was. Because the destruction was destined, this method completely ignores any defenses (ex. Armor).

[B]Curse[/B]: The effects of his curse range with how long his gift is used; shorter instances will usually give intense headaches, and distorted vision, while longer uses will yield temporary blindness, paralysis, and if long enough, death.

[B]Name[/B]: [URL="http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/407/56124643dm9.jpg"][U]Nam Han[/U][/URL]
[B]Age[/B]: 29

-------------------------------------------------------------
{Past}

The night had a crisp clean smell to it, mixed with the hefty near metallic sent of blood. It was the perfect scene for death. The burning pile of twisted metal that was once a car perfectly mirrored this. Nam?s vision slowly came back to him, bit by bit. First, a foggy scene of what seemed to be a giant glowing light, next the like took the shape of a ball of fire, finally the scene of the car wreck was displayed before him. [B]?So much for leisure time??[/B] His words came out with more of a hacking cough then his normal voice. Apparently he had been hit by that speeding car or something of the like. One minute he was walking only to be face down in the asphalt the next.

His entire world seemed to change with the passing of a heartbeat.

His body instantly tensed up, limbs began to stiffen almost as if he were going through a pre-death rigor mortis. He tried to move only to find a piece of metal pinned his leg against a nearby tree, oh what luck. His instincts were screaming at him, [I]?You have to move, if you don?t you will die?.[/I] His lower half however, was entangled in the mess of metal pretty well.

Another heartbeat.

The flow of blood throughout his body increased, he could feel the heat of panic wind its way through his body like a snake through the grass. Coupled with that, his sight began to determinate with each passing second like a fog encasing his vision. Was there any blood? Any injuries? He lamented only thinking about this now rather then having it as a priority before. He couldn?t tell, the heat of the moment was too much to be able to distinguish that any long. That along with his already fading vision?

Another heartbeat.

This one was different. This time it felt as if a needle had been inserted into the middle of his throat and pierced him until it reached the other side. His head shot back, eyes wide open. The rest of his body wanted to follow suit and arc backwards but was prevented by the metal encasing his lower half. His eyes almost instantly shut just after the pain in his neck had finally subsided and he fell back onto the cold earth almost like a lifeless body.

When he did actually open his eyes later the entire world looked different. Well, the sky was still the same of course, the ground though. It looked like someone had attempted to break the earth by hitting it with a giant hammer. Everything looked like it was cracked. Lines ran across everything. Criss-crossing and intersecting one another like a web.

Curious, Nam looked for something, anything within his reach, be it instincts or some kind of subconscious knowledge, he wanted to run something along them. Anything, it just needed to be sharp enough and he?d be satisfied with it. A large piece of broken glass? It would have to do.

Nam tightly gripped onto he fragmented shard, tight enough that blood began to run down it as he plunged it into one of the lines on the metal. Surprisingly, it sank into the black mass of the line. Still not unbelieving of his luck, he drug the sharpened piece of glass through the line till it reached the other end. It seemed impossible but the metal just broke away as if he had just torn through paper. His legs were not nearly as badly injured as he had through before hand, maybe a couple of scrapes and bruises here and there, but nothing he hadn?t ever experienced before.

He quickly got up, dusted himself off of the dirt that had been clinging to his body from the ground and continued on his way, away form the crash site almost as if nothing had happened only to collapse a couple of meters later clutching his head in pain.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Selected excerpts from the private journal of Dr. A. David Fewell:

November 18

7:28 pm: Fairly relaxed day today. Three scheduled surgeries, all of which went well, and the Trauma wing was thankfully quiet. I wish there were more days like this.

I'm puzzled, though. I can't stop thinking about my daughter. She ran out to greet me when I got home, but when I reached to scoop her up I felt a sharp jolt shoot through my arm, and I recoiled and almost yelled. I wish I hadn't. Adrienne knew something was wrong because she asked me what happened. I didn't know what to tell her, so I asked if she'd been scooting around on the carpet before she came outside. She said she had, and I let it go.

I've felt that kind of shock before, though. It was several years ago, before I had my doctorate, while I was still a nurse. A man had been brought into the ER, a hispanic man, with multiple broken bones and severe internal hemorrhaging; he'd been in a major car crash or something like that. I remember asking the EMTs why he wasn't on a drip, and they'd said that they hadn't been able to penetrate his skin, and they'd showed me the syringe shards to prove it.

I didn't really know what was going on, but I stopped one of the interns before they broke another IV. We used local anesthetic on his chest so we could open him up and try to stem the internal bleeding, but when I tried to make the incision things like icicles seemed to burst through his skin, and my scalpel broke. The man had been barely conscious when he'd been brought in, but right then he had a quick burst of lucidness, and he'd grabbed my hand. I remember jerking to look him in the eye, and he'd been staring right back, giving me the most intense look I'd ever seen. He looked like he was trying to tell me something. Then his eyes glazed over and he'd gone into cardiac arrest. An intern had tried to administer CPR, but on the first compression his hands had been speared by more of those icicle things, and he had to be rushed into the next room.

I'd felt the same kind of shock when he grabbed me as I did today. Only, then it had been like something had rushed up my arm, and today it was as if something had left. I can't help but think that the two are related somehow.

Adrienne is only five. I hope nothing happens to her because of this. I hope I'm just imagining things.

-----------------------------------------

May 25

9:06 pm: I was watching Adrienne play this evening. She's such a wondrous girl. Sometimes she's absolutely full of life and bubbling over, and then she can turn around and be amazingly quiet and intense. Her powers of observation are very good, especially for a girl of seven. I have to constantly watch what I talk to Marie about in front of her because I never know what she'll pick up.

Anyway, she was playing with her Legos tonight (Marie can't seem to interest her in Barbie stuff, which gives me some small satisfaction), and she'd finished the airplane she'd been working on since yesterday and started flying it around, and it was the strangest thing, but I swear I saw little trails of light coming off the back of the plane. Adrienne didn't seem to notice, and Marie wasn't around. Maybe I need to have my eyes checked.

May 27

8:15 am: I'm writing this in my office. I know I wasn't seeing things Tuesday evening. This morning Adie was up before I left for work again, and she waved goodbye from the living room window like she usually does on such days. Right as I pulled out onto our street, I saw her make a concentrating face and cup her hands in the air in front of her like she was holding something up. I was absolutely astounded to see a heart made of light floating above her palms. It only existed for a few seconds, and after it disappeared Adrienne smiled really big. I didn't know what else to do, so I smiled back.

It seems as if she knows what she can do. I'll talk to her when I get home today.

9:43 pm: I asked her about the heart before bedtime tonight, when Marie was out of the room. Adrienne said she'd been practicing so she could "do the heart for me", so she is aware of what she can do. I asked her if she practiced a lot, and she said no, that she'd tried to before and the effort had always made her dizzy.

I told her that it was okay to play around every now and then, but that she shouldn't do it with any other people. I know she doesn't understand why, but I hope she'll do as I say. I intend to work with her to see just what this gift of hers is.

I can't believe this is real.

June 6

9:40 pm: My daughter is photokinetic. This is incredible.

August 30

1:21 pm: I got careless today during our little practice session. Adie's made amazing progress in the past year; I still can't believe she can do what she can do. It should be impossible.

Anyway, usually I don't work with her for more than thirty minutes. I started with ten last year, and I've slowly been increasing the length of time we work together since about January. But today she seemed to be having so much fun that I forgot to watch myself, and all of a sudden Adie started to complain of a headache. I stopped immediately and told her to get some rest, and she fell asleep as soon as she hit the pillow.

It looks like this gift of hers has its drawbacks. Too much usage at once is taxing to her body. I will be very careful from now on.

March 9

9:42 pm: After thirty-four months of sporadic "training", Adrienne can mimic the shape of most real objects quite well. Her constructs are all transparent, and somewhat prismatic, with streaks of various colors rippling through them, but she appears to be developing a good deal of visual control. She can also sustain multiple light spheres at once, and can move them through space with some effort.

I am so proud of her, even if I don't really know what she's doing or how she does it. She says she wants to be an artist when she grows up. I think it's kind of fitting.

July 23

11:07 pm: Adrienne got into another argument with her mother today. I usually don't pay any attention to them (unless Marie calls me to intervene) because Adie's in high school and this is an intense time for her emotionally. That, and she doesn't clash with us quite as often as other parents of teenagers claim theirs do, so I feel kind of blessed by that.

I wasn't even listening to the words, as usual, but I noticed their voices getting louder and more heated, and then I heard Marie scream. It was the single most gut-wrenching moment of my life. I flew down the stairs to the kitchen, and found Marie unconscious on the floor on one side of the bar, and Adrienne crying and vomiting on her knees on the other.

Marie's in the hospital right now. Robert said he'd talk to me in the morning. Adrienne hasn't come out of her room since I got back.

I don't know what to do.

July 24:

Marie is blind.

July 25

10:51 am: I talked with Robert again a few minutes ago. He said the damage to Marie's eyes is serious, and he doesn't think there's anything he can do. He wants to know what happened; he says her retinas look as if she'd stared at the sun for several hours with no protection. What do I say? I can't tell him that my daughter did this.

2:38 pm: I finally got a chance to speak with Marie. She says that they'd been arguing, and that some hurtful words had been exchanged. I won't repeat anything here. But Marie said she'd been returning a stinging comment when Adrienne had screamed for her to shut up, and then light had exploded in front of her face. So the last sight my wife will ever have is an attack by her own daughter, with the same power that I've been in awe of for twelve years.

11:30 pm: Adrienne has cried herself to sleep for the third night in a row. I don't know if I can tell her what's happened to her mother yet. I don't know if either of us have the strength.

August 18

8:46 pm: Adrienne left for college today. She's decided to major in art. Marie, Handsome, and I saw her off at the airport. Well, Handsome and I did.

Adie's a very talented girl, and I'm sure she'll be very successful in her chosen career. I don't know who'll miss her more: me, her mother, or our seeing-eye dog. The golden lab has gotten very attached to Adie, and he's already spent half the evening moping at the foot of the stairs. He's with Marie right now with his head draped across her lap, while she listens to the news on the radio.

I saw trails of light behind Adie's airplane today as it took off, and I know she made them. It almost made me cry. I wish Marie could have seen it.

Name: Adrienne Fewell
Ability: Photokinesis; can control, sustain, and manipulate light as energyâ??at the expense of physical strength and endurance, and sometimes a degree of physical harm
Sign: Scorpius
Appearance: Thus.
Edited by Allamorph

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][B]Aries:[/B][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] Independent & [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#000000]Solicitous[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS] [B]
Name:[/B] [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] Peter Urbain

[B]Age:[/B] [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 31

[B]Gift: [/B][/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Peter is said basically a walking Tesla Coil. His body absorbs and releases static electricity that he can absorb from any object that carries an electrical current. Due to this fact he cannot be hurt by an electric shock.

[B]Curse: [/B][/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Though he can suppress the electricity in his body; the longer he holds it in and the stronger the charge the more he loses the ability to control when and where he releases it. This can result in giving someone anything between small static shocks to giving them a jolt the voltage equivalent of a lightning strike, or him eventually overloading his body.

[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS] It all started like my days usually would; I would get up and go for my usual morning jog. I was getting ready and was going to watch the news as I got ready. I reached for the remote and a loud crack sounded as a small arc of electricity jumped to my hand. I lurched back grabbing my hand and checking it over. Nothing. No numbness, no burn , no injury.

[/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS] I cautiously grabbed the remote and nothing happened, thinking that I was fine i turned it to the TV and tried turning it one. Nothing happened, I sat there a few minutes trying the power button repeatedly until I got frustrated and chucked the remote across the room. Getting up I walked across the room and hit the power button the the TV set. The screen stayed black.

I now look back and know that the move i am about to pull was idiotic, but of coarse how was I supposed to know. I got on my knees and reached for the plug. I grabbed the cord and pulled it out, checked the nodes and then plugged it back in. I remember that I couldn't get myself to let go. I watched as visible arcs of electricity jumped from the socket to my arm. I sat for a second and the next thing i knew I was laying on the ground in convolutions. I remember the feeling, it was great! It felt like every cell in my body had been rejuvenated. then my body tensed up and i curled into a ball.

I am not completely sure about what exactly happened but I remember the intense burning that i felt on my chest and on my hand. My roommate came bursting into the room after my shriek of pain. He held up my hand. My class ring had melted and the metal was running down my hand. I faded in and out of concisenesses due to the shock (I'll just say that pun was intended). I came to in a hospital bed, my hand and chest were bandaged. My St. Christopher's medal had also melted and has left a nasty scar on my left side of my chest.

[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#000000]I now know that I absorbed too much electricity for my body to handle[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]. I also learned that wearing jewelry when you have a "situation" like my own is not suggested. I now live a life of caution, physical contact with anyone can be fatal and I refuse to have that on my conscience[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS].[/FONT]

[INDENT][SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Name:[/B][/COLOR] Cameron Seiko [[URL="http://www.jeux-france.com/Webmasters/Images/50861420070602_185803_0_big.jpg"][B]Here[/B][/URL], [URL="http://www.finalfantasy13.org/images/news_images/lightning02-15-2007.jpg"][B]Here[/B][/URL]]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Birthdate:[/B][/COLOR] April 25th - 21 years old

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Zodiac:[/B][/COLOR] Taurus - Patient and reliable

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Gift:[/B][/COLOR] Cameron has control over the power of Ice, her body can manifest the ice she requires when needed, but generally she utilizes the natural moisture in the air. The ice she creates can be used for any purpose imaginable and often comes in handy.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Curse:[/B][/COLOR] The repercussions of having power over Ice is that her body is always cold. She doesn't actually feel the cold as it keeps her cool in the hot months but her body regulates in the cold months due to her connection with ice and freezing temperatures, instead it affects people and things around her.

If Cameron's hands come in contact with someone or something for an extended period of time it will begin to freeze, giving a person frostbite or making an item frozen and possibly brittle depending on what it was originally made of. As a result she wears gloves that are lined with the same material that they make hypothermia blankets out of which prevents them from freezing over. She's practically been wearing these types of gloves from birth after she continually froze things, so they came up with the idea of utilizing the material.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]C[/B][/color]ameron stepped out of the scalding hot shower, flooding the small bathroom with a wave of steam. She held her hands out under a dryer that looks like the type you would find in a restaurant or shopping centre bathroom, allowing the hot air to wash over the skin, dispelling the droplets of moisture. When they were dry she slipped on her pair of leather gloves and wiped the rest of herself off with a towel.

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]A[/COLOR][/B]s she dressed her mind faded back to her childhood. This way of showering had become routine due to her hands happening to freeze things that she touched for any prolonged period of time. She sighed as she remembered all the times her mother told her she was abnormal. Cameron had been hearing the same story ever since she was born, about how no one expected her to live through the first few days of her life, let alone 21 years.

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]O[/COLOR][/B]ften times she wondered whether her control over ice was a gift or a curse on her life. Admittedly it had come in handy on many occasions. The one particular moment that sticks out in her mind was from when she was young, a toddler of about 5...
[I]
[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]C[/COLOR][/B]ameron waddled around the edge of their backyard pool. Her mother watched her silently and ducked away as the phone rang from inside the house. Feeling the absence of her mother's presence, she whirled around quickly and lost her balance, toppling into the deep end of the pool. Cam cried and thrashed in the water, trying to keep afloat, but despite her attempts she was sinking into the water and no one was coming to save her. She felt herself losing her breath and water entered her lungs. Her arms were outstretched and suddenly in the moment of her greatest need, the entire pool froze to a block of ice, leaving Cameron to sit in a sunken hole. Just then she heard her mother return and she loudly gasped in surprise, not knowing what to do seeing her child sitting in a frozen pool.[/I]

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]C[/COLOR][/B]am frowned, she remembered what her mother had done to her. Sent her to doctor after doctor and a variety of 'specialists' to try to find out what it was that was wrong with her. Her mother had always been distant to her since her birth due to the heat defect, but after the pool she withdrew completely and didn't want to accept that there was an unfixable problem, all she wanted was a cure. It took Cameron a couple of years before she learnt how to control the power with her own will but once she did, life became that whole much easier so that she wasn't afraid of suddenly turning something into ice unexpectedly.

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]S[/COLOR][/B]he finished all of her preparations from the shower and left her house in light clothing, walking down the snow covered paths without a problem as others rushed by, bundled in layers of coats.[/SIZE][/INDENT]

[size=1]It occurs to me that mine and inwardscream’s powers are fairly similar. I guess this is what I get for leaving it so long to put up my sign-up. ¬_¬ Ah well, if there’s anything I can change, let me now.

[B]Present Day[/B]

[i]This place’ll do…[/i] She thought to herself idly.

The usual inhabitants eyed the attractive young blonde woman as she entered. She noted the strong sent of piss mixed with industrial strength cleaning detergent right away, not to mention the heavy scent of booze. The majority of the men in here looked like stereotypical bikers. Balding, sunglasses, leather, numerous guns on holsters all over their bodies.

She made her way towards the bar where one man was sitting by himself. He appeared to be wearing a very expensive suit but appeared a little bewildered. His feet seemed to be tapping intricate tune like a drum beat, his shoulders moved slightly from side to side like he was dancing, his free hand on the bar tapped much like his feet and his pint-holding hand never stopped moving.

He turned to eye her as she came up a few stools away from him and he nodded pleasantly. She smiled in return, feeling he was a pretty decent guy, if not a little fidgety.

[B]“Miss?”[/B] The bartender was looking at her with a raised brow, expecting her order.

[B]“Oh! Um, I’ll have whatever he’s drinking.”[/B] She said pointing a dainty and well manicured finger at the pint in the suited-man’s hand.

[B]“In that case it’s on me darlin’.”[/B] He said without so much as looking at her in a deep voice that wreaked of self-asurance. She smiled at him again and then excused herself to the ladies room.

Andras Adalhard was mildly pleased. Although he’d wanted to have a quiet drink by himself after the previous night’s incident, he felt this hot blonde piece could be at least a little entertaining. His feet continued to drum a familiar tune but by now his shadow-drumming acted independent of his thought process and he seemed intent to burn a hole in the wall of the bar by gazing at it alone.

Then, much to his agitation, the unsightly group of thugs in the far corner were behind him. He sighed casually and took a drink and carried on, ignorant for the moment.

[B]“How come ye haven’t bought us a round o’ drinks yet then boy? Only the hot bitch gets one?”[/B] one said. His greasy, sweaty features were clear in Andras’ peripheral. As was his god-awful carpet mouth.

Andras groaned inwardly before turning to face this man. Then he raised a brow quizzically. Andras got off his stool and got closer to the man’s face as he backed away slightly, a little surprised by the intrusion of his personal space.

Andras just stared at his eyes, one of his eyes weirdly (and comically) closed as he gazed.

[B]“Something wrong dude?”[/B] The thug said harshly, not sober enough to remove the hint of fright in his voice.

[B]“Man…”[/B] Andras started, [B]“Could your eyes be even further apart?”[/B]

There was a moment of silence where everyone seemed to hold their breath.

[B]“I’ll fuckn’ kill ya boy!”[/B] The man screamed but before he could go for the gun on his belt, his much larger friend gently held him back while whispering in his ear. The beady-eyed man grimaced and growled a little in Andras direction before grunting loudly and turning his back on him. Andras just smirked like a five-year-old.

[B]“Ok dude, we don’t take kindly to personal insults ‘round here”[/B] The larger man said, apparently the leader of these thugs. At least he appeared to have some form of education in the English language Andras thought to himself, still smirking.

Apparently, the leader didn’t like Andras’ constant fidgeting and his arrogant smirk and was beginning to lose his temper.

[B]“What’s yer name punk and what you doing in OUR bar?”[/B] He said, not at all shy about the murderous intent his eyes where now showing.

[B]“Well, I don’t usually do requests, but I guess I could make a special exception in your case eh? I’m Andras Adalhard. I’m about 5’9”, I’m a Gemini and my favourite colour is red!”[/B] He said, as if he were sprouting his own personal ad and like he’d rehearsed it far too many times. Apparently the leader didn’t like this either but he laughed a little at Andras’ weird sense of humour.

[B]“Alright funny man, anything else you wanna say?”[/B]

Clearly, none of the other thugs in this crowd were going to stop this man if he got mad so Andras considered his words carefully. That is, as carefully as can be done in the space of a second or less.

[B]“Well, I do happen to have a twelve inch penis… and I fucked your mother last night…”[/B] Andras said before giggling to himself under his breath.

It didn’t take a genius to figure what was coming next. The large thug immediately reached with both hands for the twin pistols on his belt and the other thugs followed suit. With inhuman speed and uncanny agility, Andras landed hands-first onto his bar stool and flicked himself around in a graceful circle, kicking the two accompanying thugs in the head, flooring them and throwing himself over the leader’s head to land behind him.

In only another instant he’d pulled his own Single-Action Army from the holster hidden under his suit jacket and had it pinned to the leader’s back.

[B]“Don’t move or you’re dead, ya stupid fuck.”[/B]

At this point it was obvious that the blonde piece had heard the ruckus and had either left discreetly or was waiting until whatever was going on had died down. Andras sighed openly with distaste at the feeling of having to spend his night alone, despite wanting to originally. The other guests in the bar had either left quickly or were sniggering in their own corners, seeing the ruckus as most entertaining.

[B]“Holy fuck man! You’re Adalhard! Obi Adalhard?! The Blitzkrieg of the South right?!”[/B] The panic was evident in his voice now, and if it didn’t already stink of piss here, Andras expected it to be smelling rather strongly right about now.

[B]“Heh! Yeah, haven’t heard that one in a while though. Almost forgot about it.[/B]

Despite holding a gun on this man, Andras’ fidgeting didn’t stop. He still tapped his feet, shifted his weight and moved the gun back and forth between hands. After a couple of seconds he grew tired and touched the barrel of his SAA against the bigger man’s neck. At its touch there was a barely audible fizzle of static and the man seemed to quiver and spasm before falling flat on the floor unconscious.

Andras smiled evilly before spinning his SAA around on his finger in a very show-off-y style before kneading it in his hand and putting it back into its holster. He disinterestedly inspected the fallen thugs before his face suddenly lit up as he noticed some star like objects on the boots of the beady-eyed man.

[B]“DUDE! You’ve got spurs! I’ve been trying to get my hands on some of these babies for a while now!”[/B] Andras said gleefully like a child on Christmas as he removed the spurs from the mans boots.

He brought them close to his face and inspected them and gave each star a little spin to see how well they rotated.

[B]“Ooo! Spinny! Nice too, you’ve kept them in good condition to your credit.”[/B] He said as he fixed them to his own feet before heading for the exit.

Before leaving he fished around in his suit pocket and fished out some bills in a small clip and flicked them over on to the bar near the tender and stepped out in to the cold night air. For the first time that night Andras stood completely still after his first step. He stood for almost 3 seconds completely still before breathing out heavily.

Instead of the usual cold breath of most people, an erratic spark escaped his lips. He smirked again and disappeared into the night.

---

In case you didn’t get all the details from that long disjointed post, here’s some nifty info:

[B]Name:[/B] Andras Adalhard (also goes by a large number of alias’ and nicknames: Andy, Draso, Hard-Man, Obi, Azula, The Blitzkrieg of the South, Storm to name but a few of the ones he remembers.)

[B]DOB - Age:[/B] June 18th - 22

[b]Star Sign:[/b] Gemini

[B]Powers:[/B] Essentially, Andras is powered by an unknown internal energy force. He can generate and wield a form of energy that can be manifested in many forms; electricity, fire and pure light among other things. Although Andras does favour the use of and is more proficient in forming this energy into electricity (the use of lightning and building up static charge). Being constantly powered by this internal energy force means that Andras does not require sleep and requires far less regular meals than the average human being but Andras must maintain movement so that the energy is used rather than stored. The storage of energy (ie. Sitting around doing nothing for extended periods of time) is harmful and potentially fatal to Andras. Any conductive/metallic objects that remain in contact with Andras for extended periods of time build up energy in the form of a static charge independent of Andras’ will. However, he can choose to keep or dissipate that static charge as he sees fit through his energy manipulation. This unknown energy source can also be directed through Andras' body to allow him extended endurance and inhuman speed.

[B]Appearance:[/B] [URL="http://www.partyinkingston.com/movies/spotlight-christianbale.jpg"]Andras Adalhard[/URL]

[B]Much thanks to Revi for the assist with creating (and then altering ¬_¬) my power! Much appreciation.[/B]

[B]EDIT COMPLETE[/B][/size]

[SIZE=1]And the list:

Aries [Inward Scream]
Taurus [Sakura]
Gemini [Andrew]
Cancer [4815... umm... XD]
Leo [Ozymandius Jones]
Virgo [Malkav]
Libra [Ikillion]
Scorpius [Allamorph]
Sagittarius [Felix]
Capricornus [Vicky]
Aquarius [Doukeshi]
Pisces [Raiha]
Ophiuchus [Revelation]

[I]However[/i], we have a problem with Andrew and Inward's sign-ups, that being the powers are so similar. I don't want to force anyone to change anything, but if either of you are willing to step up and change your powers, PM me. You don't have to change them completely, just make them different because variety is good.

The game will begin as soon as we get it sorted.

I'm loving the sign-ups and characters that were created - we still have a place left, for anyone interested in Oculus Dexter.

Awesome job guys ^_^[/SIZE]