OtakuBoards

The Otakuboards Celebration: Part 1

Raiha

[quote name='Sandy']I prefer to stay as the causer of excessive drama, thank you. XP ;D

Just wondering why my frilly apron was on backwards...?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Two reasons perhaps. One: Vengeance for forgetting about the Almagest and Macey fiasco...

Two: Because you were so busy correcting everyone's mistakes that you didn't pay attention to your own! SHOCK![/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]One: Vengeance for forgetting about the Almagest and Macey fiasco...[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

So now it's a "fiasco"? XP

You're a tough cookie to compete against for the title of "OB's Dramaqueen", you know? <3

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Aww... I didn't get to be in this one. I forgive you though since you gave me that awesome shock-wave power early on. Plus, I prefer the role of hero, protecting OB and her citizens from Sandy's pie-based evil onslaught anyway ;)[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]As usual though, this latest installment was very entertaining and sets up for what should be a very interesting sequel.[/COLOR][/FONT]

I must confess to not knowing Sandy's [i]actual[/i] gender until, like, two days ago. That said, I think Drama[i]queen[/i] is vastly more appropriate in his case.

This whole thing. I sense a presence...a presence I've not felt since...

A long time ago, in an Otaku far, far away.

-Justin

[quote name='Petie'][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Plus, I prefer the role of hero, protecting OB and her citizens from Sandy's pie-based evil onslaught anyway ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Patience Padawan. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things...

*Stares off into the distance looking wise*[/size]

[i][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Just when I thought everything was calming down, I realized one serious flaw in our plan. While we had safely ovened up the pies we?d baked, and the refrigerator was closed with the cheesecake safely inside I felt a sinking sense of doom. Sunfall leaned over with typical feminine psychic ability and commented.[/i]

?You?re probably just hungry.?

?We just ate!?

[i]Allamorph trooped through the kitchen, while Kam and Shy watched everything with a jaundiced eye, Revelation and Vicky twirling steak knives in the corner. He looked over his shoulder at me and braced himself to run.[/i]

?Maybe you?re pregnant.?

?Maybe you?d like a fat lip!?

[i]I raised a rolling pin and was about to hurl it towards him when Revelation leapt up, in a swirl of fringe and glitter and jerked aside her skirt to reveal a garter belt full of knives. He was about to make good his escape when the door he was about to jerk open slammed open instead, pinning him between it and the far wall. Rach stood there, case in hand with a bemused expression on his face.[/i]

?I heard shouting. Is everyone alright? The pies unmolested??

?I?ll be fine in just a minute...[I]believe[/I] me...?

[i]I muttered into my apron while fondling something hidden under my skirt, and Allamorph?s muffled groaning galvanized Rach into re-opening the door off of his body. Just when he thought he was in the clear, Revelation began flinging knives expertly, forming an almost perfect outline of his body into the wall, while simultaneously pinning him by the hair and the clothes. She let out a crow of triumph, just as the bell dinged. I flung open the oven doors and was about to reach for them with extra strength industrial oven mitts when Premonition swooped in with larceny in his heart. He reached for the most available pie and instead of grabbing it properly, got a face full of sizzling hot rack instead and was about to make an exit, howling and cursing, when Petie appeared. And this time for some reason he was wearing a Paladin?s armor.

Everyone paused to blink at the anachronism, when he drew a sword and swung after Premonition, nearly slicing off his ears.[/i]

?Get away...from...the ladies'...pies!?

[i]I sighed and began setting them out on the cooling racks, protected as always by the heroes of old. Kam stood over me watchfully with a nail bat, while Shy continued to stand sentry over his beloved cheesecake. Desbreko popped in, guided by the mystical smell of delicious, and stood in the doorway, simply inhaling. For some reason he didn?t notice Allamorph groaning and moaning like he wanted to die, not two feet from him. Gavin bumped into him from behind and ruined the entire thing, but the moment was saved when we were all distracted by James himself coming in through the window. I blinked a few times. A purple zoot suit. Not bad really, even gave him a sense of regality I?d come to expect. Everyone paused to give him respectful little bows and curtsies, which were somehow enhanced by the fact that nearly everyone was brandishing a home made weapon of some kind...[/i]

?What?s that delicious smell? It smells of.... ....madness and glory...?

?They must be Sunfall?s peanut butter cookies. Have one!?

[i]Panda held up a tray, and while I wondered where she?d come from, I shrugged. In all honesty, she?d probably just teleported in using the power of the mod. It was the only viable solution. The only reasonable explanation. Whatever. James sampled one and gave us the much coveted nod of approval, before swooping off with his entourage. Before he disappeared completely he turned to look over at Allamorph.[/i]

?You should really stop playing with knives.?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]Patience Padawan. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things...[/SIZE][/quote]
[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=darkorchid][I]when Petie appeared. And this time for some reason he was wearing a Paladin?s armor.[/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Hah, joke's on you. I'm a [I]paladin[/I], not a [I]Jedi[/I], apparently (excellent choice there by the way, Raiha).[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]I honestly had no idea how you'd work a fight into a kitchen scene but bravo. The complete absurdity of some of these events somehow fits in and makes perfect sense.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Two things.
[QUOTE][COLOR=DarkOrchid][FONT=Times New Roman][I]while Kam and Shy watched everything with a [B]jaundiced[/B] eye[/I][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Eww.
[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]?Maybe you?re pregnant.?[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[I]What?![/I] That doesn't bloody make sense. Even coming from me. :p (Being pinned to the wall was rather amusing, though.)

Separately:
[quote name='Kam]That said, I think Drama[U]queen[/U'] is vastly more appropriate in his case.[/quote]
Actually, that's why I didn't say [I]King[/I]. That would be awkward.[/FONT]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]So now we have members of the OB wielding weapons of all sorts, a [strike]Padawan[/strike] Paladin, a Zoot suited leader...what next? A ball-gown wearing Fairy Godmother? *shivers at the thought*

But...at least the pies are fine! ^_^

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial](Being pinned to the wall was rather amusing, though.)[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Amused me as well. Never knew I could do such things so glamorously.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Two things.

Eww.

[I]What?![/I] That doesn't bloody make sense. Even coming from me. :p (Being pinned to the wall was rather amusing, though.)
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]First off, jaundiced refers to a method of glaring at someone with utter dislike and resentment. Google it.

And secondly I am not in the business of MAKING sense. If I was, I'd be elsewhere. Now. Go play.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]Hee hee. :animesmil
[quote name='Neuvoxraiha][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]First off, jaundiced refers to a method of glaring at someone with utter dislike and resentment. Google it.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
Ehh, more like bitterness or envy, or prejudice rooted in extreme disillusionment. But thanks for the refresher!

(P.s.: joke based on primary definition.)[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]By the entire thing honey, are you referring referring to Josh's beloved cheesecake, or the scene of Desbreko not noticing Prem lying there in horrific pain ? I'd really prefer it be the latter, just the idea of an angry Josh frightens me... :animeswea [/SIZE]

[i][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]The pies all laid themselves out on the cooling racks, and I began crimping the slightly toasty edges of my own with a certain amount of pride. Gorgeous these were. And Shy was doing a victory dance around his cheesecake, which he had placed directly in the center of the round kitchen table. At the window, I saw two fugitives from justice and undoubtedly pie thieves jump up. They perched on the sill like vultures, Jeremiah and John both reached out for the pies, but just when they were within their grasp, disaster [for them] struck.

Vicky and I both swirled aside our skirts and revealed tommy guns from our garter belts. Don?t ask me how they were hiding there, they just were. A spray of machine gun fire and down they went, falling backwards into the garden where Dagger promptly ran them over with the lawnmower. Some people have it tough. I set down the still smoking gun and brushed my hair out of my eyes. Sunfall eyed it with some suspicion.[/i]

?The smell of gunsmoke is everywhere now. Someone go get an air freshener!?

?What, so everything can smell like Pine Fresh next??

[i]Our voices waxed indignant until Shy consoled our feelings both with a plate of petit fours. Just as things were beginning to become vaguely normal again; Allamorph had been dragged to the infirmary, Desbreko had set himself up in the yard?s gazebo, and Charles had set up a podium from which to pontificate for hours on end; disaster struck. I had my head stuck in the freezer, looking for that elusive turkey carcass when Aryanna and her dog ran into the room with a look of panic on her face.[/i]

?Kuja?s here! And he?s brought lawyers!?

?...Kuja. And lawyers Laywers from...??

[i]Kam raised an eyebrow, reaching for his nail bat. I picked up the machinegun and headed for the foyer without another word, inwardly congratulating myself on my ability to run in heels. I threw open the front door to find the garden party a scene of mild chaos. Kuja himself had taken over Charles?s podium, no doubt after a deathmatch, and Petie was nearby beheading rather badly dressed lawyers with every swing. I blinked a few times. Hobo lawyers. Pie bandits. And Kuja returned from Digital Purgatory. It had to be a bad dream. It was the only logical explanation. I pinched myself repeatedly, but nothing happened besides pain. Shrugging, I raised my machine gun and opened fire, mowing down a wave of vagabond lawyers with it, chortling all the while. Next to me, Revelation was flinging daggers, all of them finding their targets with some defying gravity as they did so.[/i]

?Ladies? If you don?t mind, I have to do a little lawyer extermination.?

[i]Behind us I heard a voice that sounded vaguely familiar and turned to see Sephiroth himself. I instinctively gave him space, and he walked down towards the battle with unhurried steps, his massively long sword trailing behind him. Creepy. He hadn?t been seen here in how long?[/i]

?Oh forever pretty much.?

[i]Next to me, Charles had appeared looking none the worse for wear, perhaps a little singed at the edges, but still capable of wielding a sawed off shotgun. Shy appeared at the edge of the fighting, bashing everyone in range with his umbrella. It was like a bad DC comic that got knocked up with a meth addict. And it was all too much for some OB members, who ran screaming for the tall grass.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Um... are we in some kind of crazy time rift where multiple time periods suddenly converge? I mean, we started out in ancient Japan, I jumped to the medieval ages, and now we have Tommy guns and sawed off shotguns. Haha, what will you think of next?[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Of course, I don't mean any of that in a negative sense. On the contrary, this has been an excellent addition, finally getting to take on some of those vagabond lawyers. Nice job.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="77656"]Hey, don't forget who's idea it was for the Vagaband Lawyers! :p

[QUOTE]Premonition swooped in with larceny in his heart. He reached for the most available pie and instead of grabbing it properly, got a face full of sizzling hot rack instead and was about to make an exit, howling and cursing, when Petie appeared. And this time for some reason he was wearing a Paladin’s armor.

Everyone paused to blink at the anachronism, when he drew a sword and swung after Premonition, nearly slicing off his ears.[/QUOTE]

Okay, quick question, why am I always the one who's abused in these stories? I get killed by The Beast in FQFG2, now I get sizzled and slashed in this story. Do I ever have justice? Do I ever go a day without some form of abuse?[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="77656"]Do I ever have justice? Do I ever go a day without some form of abuse?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Nope, so long as you follow in DB's shadow, you are destined to be trampled. :p Besides it's your fault for having "[I] larceny in his heart[/I]" Anyway, interesting turn of events.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Petie'][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Um... are we in some kind of crazy time rift where multiple time periods suddenly converge? I mean, we started out in ancient Japan, I jumped to the medieval ages, and now we have Tommy guns and sawed off shotguns. Haha, what will you think of next?[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]It's the Anthology; in here, anything ALMOST goes. Besides, what's a story without time-jumping? Really, it's no story at all.

And maybe she'll land us in Imperial Russia and we'll be wearing tall fur hats and heavy fur coats, wielding whomever-you-worship-knows-what under them.[/size][/color]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Nope, so long as you follow in DB's shadow, you are destined to be trampled. :p Besides it's your fault for having "[I] larceny in his heart[/I]" Anyway, interesting turn of events.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="77656"]Thanks Indiff, you are just [I]the best [/I] help in this situation. >_> *Hangs self next to picture of DB and curse the world* [/COLOR]

[quote name='Revelation'][SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b008b]It's the Anthology; in here, anything ALMOST goes. Besides, what's a story without time-jumping? Really, it's no story at all.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b008b]And maybe she'll land us in Imperial Russia and we'll be wearing tall fur hats and heavy fur coats, wielding whomever-you-worship-knows-what under them.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Oh, I wasn't complaining about it. I definitely think it adds to the story. It was more of an observation really - a comment on something I liked. Not one on something I didn't.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[i][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]For a moment it seemed as though all was lost, and then Kuja fell in a horrible death, screaming and flailing, pierced through with Sephiroth?s sword. The lawyers, seeing their glorious(?) leader fallen threw up their arms in surrender, not that anybody noticed. I saw Athena gleefully bludgeoning one to death with her aegis, and Vicky pumping another few full of lead against the garden wall. Carnage and mayhem reigned supreme, while I sat idly on the front porch, picking my nails and cracking my neck. Nearby, Indifference was coolly dispatching any lawyers that popped up over the hedge with her blowgun, and I could hear Rachmaninoff practicing the cello in the drawing room through the open window. Ah peace and quiet. With the occasional casualty.[/i]

?It?s so peaceful today. Want some cake honey??

[i]I looked up and saw Sunfall leaning over an oaken stave, a platter of freshly cut strawberry cake in her hand. [/i]

?Oooooh, I?d love some!?

[i]I took a bite and rolled my eyes back in pleasure. But when I opened them, we were no longer in the Roaring Twenties. We were in a Chinese Imperial setting. I blinked several times to ensure this wasn?t just a strawberry cake induced hallucination, and stood up. Feeling very out of place, I went up into the house that had become a palace and was directed to my room by Digitalboy in a tunic. His hair was braided for some reason, and at this point I decided that while I was most likely going insane, at least I was in a place I recognized.

Once in my room, I changed into the dress that fit the time period, buttoning the sides and flouncing out the skirt. A garter belt full of throwing knives completed the ensemble, and I went downstairs to discover that the pies and cakes had survived the time warp and were in fact still relatively unscathed. Shy, looking fetching in traditional Chinese dress was bending over the cheesecake with a frosting bag, adding little rosettes around the edge. Sunfall was fanning herself while reclining in one of the low kitchen tables, sipping a cup of tea. And Revelation and Vicky were both sitting in the foyer, letting their underlings do their nails. Ikillion was buffing Revelation?s toes, looking very smart in a coat and trousers, and Allamorph, miraculously healed from his multiple knife wounds was massaging Vicky?s feet.[/i]

?It?s so nice to see the boys doing what they were meant to do...?

?Service women??

[i]Petie leaned over, a spear in one hand, sticking his head through the front door. I looked up and saluted him with one of my knives.[/i]

?That?s it!?

'[i]I walked into the main courtyard and found it strung with paper lanterns, James reigning supreme over the entire place, Charles standing to his left and Heaven?s Cloud to his right. Desbreko was sitting opposite him, with fangirls clustered around him, fanboys waving large paper fans in his direction. Servants rushed back and forth, setting up pavilions in the backyard and stringing garlands of fresh flowers around the pillars. Apparently James was now Emperor James, and Desbreko was Chief Adviser Desbreko. Nearby, Aryanna was billowing around in silk robes with her beloved puppy, who for some reason was now a Chinese breed. I wondered inwardly if the fish tank in Ken?s room was now full of catfish instead of African cichlids.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]