OtakuBoards

The Otakuboards Celebration: Part 1

Raiha

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Vicky smiled in a rather knowing way as I took a bite of coconut cake this time. And felt that familiar buzzing sensation I normally associate with too much whiskey and not enough chaser. When I blinked again, I found the whole lot of us transported onto a Caribbean island. Apparently inhabited by boring looking servants as before, and just us Ob people. I looked down and noticed that everyone?s outfits had changed to suit the weather.

James was reclining in a chair in a smashing cream colored linen suit, while throngs of fangirls, literally ha-ha, waved him with palm fronds. Desbreko nearby, was receiving similar treatment, only in board shorts and a distinct lack of shirt. His fans were most appreciative. I saw to my vague pleasure that I was wearing a simple black one piece, cut low in the back, high at the hip, and to my right was Indifference in a purple bikini, sprawled out on a towel on the sand. The men for the most part milled around in swimming trunks or board shorts, with one or two flowery shirts. I suppose the more garish the shirt, the gayer you were. Unless you were a Farcry fan. But seriously folks. I couldn?t see DigitalBoy anywhere, but then I couldn?t see Sandy either, so goodness knows what was going on. And where. And how.[/i]

?Maybe they got stuck somehow in a backwash.?

[i]Aryanna remarked as she passed by, her dog frolicking at her ankles, and her flowery ruffled pink tankini swirling in the breeze. I looked up and saw palm trees swaying in the wind, and Allamorph up one as you might imagine, hacking away at a cluster of coconuts with his machete. I sidestepped neatly, hoping disaster wouldn?t ensure. I mean after all, that?d be quite a way to go. Cause of death? Blunt force trauma from coconut. Nearby a band played the steel drums, and a small throng had started dancing away. It felt like a James Bond movie. Without Halle Berry.

Instead, I looked down towards the beach and saw Revelation rising from the water in a pale blue and white dotted bikini, pushing her hair from her face in a remarkably Bond girl way. I held up a drink a passing servant had handed me.[/i]

"Mojito?"

[i]Nearby Beth was tossing about a Volleyball, sometimes knocking it to Rach, who clearly had no idea which end to hold. She frolicked over, there was no other word for it, believe me, and sat down on one of the towels under a rather expansive beach umbrella.[/i]

?Isn?t this gorgeous? Much better than the last place.?

?I miss my knives.?

[i]I mused to myself inwardly, wondering where I?d find weapons on a beach of all places. ...short of a burning torch of fire. Speaking of which, Premonition had started a bonfire with Allamorph and Shinmaru, with Boo tossing on dried pieces of palm to the most wonderful sparks and crackling sounds. The sun was already setting, but still Charles and Heaven?s Cloud talked. And I looked up on the lifeguard tower and saw Petie sitting with his lifesaving device across his knees, looking very officious. I tried not to laugh, but as I turned out towards the water, I saw Shy attempting to swim with rather dull results. Turns out it?s really difficult to swim in two feet of water. But at least he wasn?t in any danger of drowning. Indifference sat up in a swirl of purple, adjusting her black silk hip wrap and held up a hand to shade her eyes.[/i]

?It looks like Shy?s doing rather well, don?t you think??

?Well, he?s not drowning yet.?

[i]It was of course, at that point, that he began to drown. In two feet of water. I wondered if drunkenness was a side effect of all this time traveling.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]It felt like a James Bond movie. Without Halle Berry.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Arial]Thank the Lord. I disagreed with her initiation into the prestigious club that is the Bond Girls. She's all right, but she does not deserve that pedestal.[/FONT] Edited by Allamorph

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Dude, that was Men in Black. Get a clue. :animesmil[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Behave yourself! *whiplash*

Or I will surgically remove three of your vertebrae, bend you backwards, and make you CHEW ON YOUR OWN ASS.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Behave yourself! *whiplash*

Or I will surgically remove three of your vertebrae, bend you backwards, and make you CHEW ON YOUR OWN ASS.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]Heh, ass chewing. That'd be a feat to see. And were you watching a [B]James Bond[/B] film by any chance while you were watching this? =P[/size][/color]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=darkorchid][I]It was of course, at that point, that he began to drown. In two feet of water. I wondered if drunkenness was a side effect of all this time traveling.[/I][/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Haha. And just when I thought I wasn't necessary...[/COLOR][/FONT]

[i][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Petie leapt into action in a manner so valiant and brave that every single women present sighed with wonderment and pleasure at the sight. Cutting a dashing figure in his board shorts and white Lifeguard T-shirt, he gallantly dragged Shy to safety and immediately began to administer CPR. Unfortunately in all the excitement, we failed to notice the return of DigitalBoy. He found Premonition wandering dangerously close to the water?s edge and snatched up up and began to drown him. I suppose it was punishment for not tossing the fight earlier, but since it benefited Gavin in the first place, who was I to bother?

Feeling a distinct lack of interest, I returned my attention to the sight of a now saved Shy and joined the crowd clapping and congratulating Petie on his daring daylight rescue. The sun setting in all earnest now, the lights in the palm trees were turned on, and hammocks were strung for some people, and blankets and mats laid out for people who preferred to sleep stretched out flat. The steel drums were replaced by a little night music, jazz I was pretty sure, and I reclined on a double hammock with my lover. He reached out and plucked a hibiscus from a nearby bush and tucked it behind my right ear, signifying my non single status, and I gave him a kiss for his trouble.

I looked over and saw Rach and Sunfall snuggling under a pair of thin blankets while Indifference wandered from place to place, asking everyone:[/i]

?Anyone seen Premonition and DB? It?s way too quiet without them.?

Allamorph looked up from the coconut he was busily prying open with an injured look on his face.

?Aren?t I doing a good job??

?Hardly darling. Has anyone ELSE seen them??

[i]I blinked a few times and shrugged my shoulders, figuring that the odd nature of the time warping would ensure that they both appeared in the next jump. But I was bound and determined to avoid any cake that anyone might offer me. It was just too pleasant here. The breeze, the sound of the waves, the rustling of the palm fronds, and the sound of quiet laughter and conversation. Revelation sipped her mojito while Vicky giggled and batted White and Boo with a dried palm frond. Ikillion was lazing like a cat in a hammock, one toe drifting over the sand, while a cat girl massaged his shoulders with what smelled like coconut oil. I yawned hugely and nestled down into Gavin?s chest, wondering if there would be any exciting sunburns the next day.

Of course there were. Virtually everyone but those of Asiatic or African descent were either a bright glossy pink, or a radiant reddish hue. Everyone that is except Gavin, who had cleverly planted himself under an umbrella the entire day before. I sighed and handed out the aloe jelly like it was going out of style. On the other hand, Revelation looked totally non burned, Retribution was the same tone as the day previous, and Ikillion was somewhere with his cat girl. I saw Petie with a fine tan, presumably the result of using gallons of sun screen, consoling a rather pink Vicky.[/i]

?I feel like I was baked in an oven.?

[i]She muttered to herself sullenly, snatches of words like ?Bloody cockwit,? and ?effin? hell? peppering the air when Ken chose that particular moment to swing through the tropical camp of happiness singing:[/i]

?And these are probably the worst pies in London!?

?If you dare to take a bite!?

[i]I chimed in, then caught a narrow glare from Indifference and quickly shut up. The only consolation I suppose was that Allamorph was the color the lobster on your plate assumes after preparation. Sandy was holed up somewhere dark and quiet, probably so nobody could laugh about his burns, and Ezekiel?s face had recently become peppered with a variety of new and adorable freckles. Ah sunlight. You brighten up my day so.

Plucking a few pieces of aloe from a nearby bush, I crushed them and rubbed them on my husband?s nose and ears, just incase.[/i][/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Ah, this story just keeps getting better and better :animesmil[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]With a setting like this though, I agree that it's probably best to avoid all kinds of cake, just to be safe. Of course, that would mean the end of the story so something evil will likely have to happen to force the next time jump.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]MMM...Mojitos.

In all semi-seriousness though, this is possibly the strangest, unorthodox OB-related fanfic that I've read...well besides [color=black]Bikini Bandits[/color]. Life-saving [B]Petie[/B], fan-hitting [B]Vicky[/B]...but you know, it did feel awfully quiet without [B]Premonition[/B] and [B]DB[/B].[/size][/color]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][i]The sighs of burned OB-ites filled the air, while I lounged with a coconut rum in one hand and my boyfriend in the other. The hammock swayed in the breeze, just like a Corona commercial, only without the parrot and the limes. And the Corona. Oh well.

Days passed without any excitement. Months then.

Nobody had baked cakes because there were no ovens on the islands. Well there were, but they were only suitable for baking French bread, and making pizzas. There were no further horrible burn accidents, because people had finally wised up and only came out at night. Like cockroaches... Dancing, scurrying, playing, dancing on fire... But I digress. After awhile, I noticed a strange thing. There were less people every night. Allamorph had disappeared one evening and not returned since then. James had also vanished into thin air. Desbreko and all of his 97 fans faded into nothing and while I wasn’t surprised, I couldn’t help but feel sad.

One evening, in the dusky darkening twilight, Sunfall and Rachmaninoff were seen holding hands, walking far down the beach, until they simply couldn’t be seen anymore. Revelation and Vicky both went far away, but perhaps they’ll be back. I saw Charles and Charlie both vanish. Shy and Indifference's mournful sighs haunted me in the dark evenings alone. Kenneth and Aryanna and Sandy all dissolved into nothingness right before my eyes, everyone going away. Falling apart.

And in time the illusory world that we’d all inhabited faded as well.

The sound of static. The harsh white. The glare overhead of unnatural lights over my head, searing my eyelids. And then I knew it was all gone. People’s true lives had pulled them away from the fantasy, no matter how improbable it sounded, they were all gone. The only thing left was memories. For a keepsake. For remembering.[/i]

[center]~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]

This concludes our evening presentation. Thank you for this, and remember to tip your waiters and waitresses, thanks.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]I was half-expecting the OB-ites to fall into another strange time-portaled dimension but I guess I was expecting it too much. It's sad, though, that this ended. But thank goodness it's only Part 1.

Oh and *leaves $2.00 for tip* What? It's all I had. XP[/size][/color]

[quote name='Revelation'][size=1][color=#8B008B]It's sad, though, that this ended. But thank goodness it's only Part 1.[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]And here I was sadly lamenting it was over for good. Horray for intermissions, or so it appears.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Revelation'][SIZE=1][COLOR=#8b008b]But thank goodness it's only Part 1.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]I don't want to speak for Raiha here but I'm not sure this is true.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR=darkorchid][FONT=Times New Roman]Actually part one was just supposed to be the party,...but whatever. Too late now! ....that and I'm too lazy to repost.[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]That was posted at the top of her second chapter of the story. Of course, I could be misreading this but it I took this to mean that the "Part 1" was actually put there by mistake and this was actually the only part but I could be wrong here.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Regardless though, you've written an excellent story here. It's just too bad real life had to come in and ruin it like that...[/COLOR][/FONT]