OtakuBoards

OB and its members... A Family?

Nomurah!

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]I've been here for quite a while. The members here have really grown on me. Even the ones that hate me, or the ones I've never typed one word to. I understand we're all humans here. And we all have feelings. It just... hurts. (Not to sound like an emotional snob, but...) If I died, none of you would know. So many people have lost contact with others here. And we eventually get over it, but you can't help but wonder.

To get to the point. I consider you guys a second family. All of you, as much of a douche as you may be. Because I understand I can act the same way too. So. No worries. So yeah. Thanks everybody.

I guess... In this thread we could all sit around and cyber hug each other.

But seriously, what are your thoughts on... the human connections that all of us have? Would you miss me?

People I will dearly miss:
Claire.
Matt (the black one. lol)
Aberinkula (I have no clue what your real name is.)

We may lose contact eventually. Matt. I havn't talked to you in forever anyway. lol. But in a completely non- homosexual way. I love you guys. and Clair[/COLOR][/SIZE]e.

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]I've been here for quite a while. The members here have really grown on me. Even the ones that hate me, or the ones I've never typed one word to. I understand we're all humans here. And we all have feelings. It just... hurts. (Not to sound like an emotional snob, but...) If I died, none of you would know. So many people have lost contact with others here. And we eventually get over it, but you can't help but wonder.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Cut the angst, dude. We have no faces, we're words over the internet.:p

I do admit I miss DeadSeraphim. Charles hasn't popped up in a while, either. People disappear from time to time and you notice because their impact vanishes. I miss Digitalboy's epic duels with anyone foolish enough to read his posts. I miss DeadSeraphim's failure at failing. There's plenty of stuff to miss about people when they leave, but it's hard to really get to know someone over the internet, so it seems silly to be worrying about what a bunch of sarcastic avatars will think when you die.

That said, I like you guys. A lot. Even the hooligans. Especially the hooligans.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]MY NAME YOU SAY! MUAHAHAHAHAHA...I hate my name. So if you guys must know, it's Richard, there Richard. Or Rick does fine, Most of you guys call me Prem or Aby or Aberinkula and even Aber, but now you know my TRUE name. And btw, if you can't tell I hate my name. Now more than ever cause it was my Grandfather's name and he just died in september so... :animeangr

[B]WM[/B], a cyber hug? Come on what about a [strike]cyber orgy[/strike] cyber fire with cyber 'Koombiya.' [spoiler]I don't know how to spell that song as you can see.[/spoiler]

[U][B]Well, people I'll miss:[/B][/U]
[B]DigitalBoy[/B]
[B]Whoa, Mann[/B], who in a strange twist, I don't know his name either. >_>
[B]Allamorph[/B]
[B]Indifference, SunfallE, Aaryanna and A_M, Rach.[/B] (Even if we don't talk a lot, you guys are still the **** on these boards.)
[B]Desbreko, James, Dagger[/B] (the admins and such of the best board evuh)
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Well, I think, as lame as it does sound, I can relate to what you're saying. I've known my OB friends longer than any of my real life friends due to my moving alot over my life time.

Retribution (Alex), silpheedpilot (Joe), Dragon Warrior (Gavin), and Gavin (Gavin) are like brothers to me, and I'm certain we would be just as good freinds as we are online. I've known Alex and Joe for a good part of a decade, and the Gavins have been good buddies of mine for about two years now.

Raiha (D'Ann), Revelation (Erica), Sakura (Mary), and Ezekial (Jamie) are like sisters to me to the same degree.

And while I have some friends I've made and lost on OBs, and I miss most of them. Even the ones that I didn't know as well. DeadSeraphim, PoisonTongue, and wristcutter particularly were all interesting people, whom, while I didn't talk to them often, I did enjoy reading their input on topics.

I still value everyone as a freind regardless, all the various personalities and characters. I respect everyone's opinion, and I'm interested in hearing it. So group hug to all the OB peeps whom I've grown to know I guess.

[/color][/size]

Will you deppressing people stop talking like you're gonna drop dead any second?! Anyway, I like you guys too! People I'd miss even though I'm a new member (2 months or so.): Aceburner, TwistedChick, Gavin, SoloTremaine, Matt. YAY! Now somebody list me fer da' heckovit!!!

[quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1]

Well, I think, as lame as it does sound, I can relate to what you're saying. I've known my OB friends longer than any of my real life friends due to my moving alot over my life time.

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]
That made me get a little sparkle in my eye. I really do understand moving around alot, and not getting to fulfill relationships with people because of it. So, you my friend. Get one big hug.

I understand what you mean Aceburner. But, like I said. We're all people here. Whether or not we can't see each other everyday, we have a good idea of how each of us speak and act, and of course, what we're interested in.

Rick. I love you man. That's all I got to say right now.

I love the mods too, though they may not know it. The mods are just lovable. As un-fun and hateful as they are ;].

-Hunter <3[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Now that I've gone blind trying to read light pink text... I would like to take the time to say that I think you're putting a little too much stock in internet relationships. It's not that I don't enjoy talking to the friends I've made on OB, and I've made several good ones, but if they died, I'd have no way of knowing.

I'd wonder what happened but I don't think I'd be up night after night tearing my hair out wondering what's going on. Call me a cold hearted ***** because that's what I am.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]OMFG! OB inside joke comin! WM's name is [B]Hunter [/B]and people call me [B]Rick[/B]. [B][I]RICK HUNTER[/I][/B]?! OMG...

[quote name='Raiha']I'd wonder what happened but I don't think I'd be up night after night tearing my hair out wondering what's going on. Call me a cold hearted ***** because that's what I am.[/quote][/COLOR]

That's why everyone on OB loves you. :p
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Well, let's say... I have a big heart? I'm like the Dr. Phil of OB. Or... one of them (I reckon we have quite a few). I don't think your a cold hearted *****. I just value these things quite a bit.

And Rick. High-five. We could form together to make a super OBer. The reincarnation of RICK HUNTER! And we could fly a big robot around and transform into jets and all kinds of fun stuff. Wooh!

If the OB shut down. I may cry. Haha.

You guys didn't just all of a sudden make an impact on my life or have me care about you... You've all grown on me. So. That's probably where I'm getting at. After a while, I turned into a big teddy bear. And now. I love you all. Especially you Raiha. I think all of OB does.

-Dr. Philter (ooooooo)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[I]p.s- I believe the term is Hot Pink. [/I]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]I've been here for quite a while. The members here have really grown on me. Even the ones that hate me, or the ones I've never typed one word to. I understand we're all humans here. And we all have feelings. It just... hurts. (Not to sound like an emotional snob, but...) If I died, none of you would know. So many people have lost contact with others here. And we eventually get over it, but you can't help but wonder.

To get to the point. I consider you guys a second family. All of you, as much of a douche as you may be. Because I understand I can act the same way too. So. No worries. So yeah. Thanks everybody.

I guess... In this thread we could all sit around and cyber hug each other.

But seriously, what are your thoughts on... the human connections that all of us have? Would you miss me?

People I will dearly miss:
Claire.
Matt (the black one. lol)
Aberinkula (I have no clue what your real name is.)

We may lose contact eventually. Matt. I havn't talked to you in forever anyway. lol. But in a completely non- homosexual way. I love you guys. and Clair[/COLOR][/SIZE]e.[/QUOTE]

uh, high. um. i'm kinda new here....so.......um, phew. are you serious? i can't believe people can be so close when they don't even know each other. question. will i come to love evryone like this.
p.s. whoever started this, are you leaving. i don't even know you, but (sniff) your message really touched me, i cant hold it in anymore!:animecry:

[quote name='CrimsonKnight']uh, high. um. i'm kinda new here....so.......um, phew. are you serious? i can't believe people can be so close when they don't even know each other. question. will i come to love evryone like this.
p.s. whoever started this, are you leaving. i don't even know you, but (sniff) your message really touched me, i cant hold it in anymore!:animecry:[/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

Well, personally friend, I've known most of my OB people for several years now, and a great deal of my life. So I've grown reasonably close to them on a personal level. [/color][/size]

[quote name='CrimsonKnight']uh, high. um. i'm kinda new here....so.......um, phew. are you serious? i can't believe people can be so close when they don't even know each other. question. will i come to love evryone like this.
p.s. whoever started this, are you leaving. i don't even know you, but (sniff) your message really touched me, i cant hold it in anymore!:animecry:[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]This is where I usually break out into improvisational dance moves and sing-a-longs, but... Instead. I'm just going to say. There's a good chance. Give it a try. The OB after all, is very lovable.

And as for leaving...... i hope not. Actually. I have a fear of death... Well. I think most people do. But... I just. The Ob will be missed in my afterlife.

Yep.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

AWWWW!!! Does you need a hug? Fine then, I shall add you, CrimsonKnight, to my list of people I'd miss! And Raiha! She kicks a**!!! Anyway, I'm new too (read earlier post) and I officially welcome you to this system of closeness!!! WOOOO!!! *throws confetti into cyber air* HUGS FOR AAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]This is where I usually break out into improvisational dance moves and sing-a-longs, but... Instead. I'm just going to say. There's a good chance. Give it a try. The OB after all, is very lovable.

And as for leaving...... i hope not. Actually. I have a fear of death... Well. I think most people do. But... I just. The Ob will be missed in my afterlife.

Yep.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

did i mention i was being sarcastic?:animesmil

[quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1]

Well, personally friend, I've known most of my OB people for several years now, and a great deal of my life. So I've grown reasonably close to them on a personal level. [/color][/size][/QUOTE]

whoa. that's um, cool.(:animeknow)

[quote name='chibi-master']AWWWW!!! Does you need a hug? Fine then, I shall add you, CrimsonKnight, to my list of people I'd miss! And Raiha! She kicks a**!!! Anyway, I'm new too (read earlier post) and I officially welcome you to this system of closeness!!! WOOOO!!! *throws confetti into cyber air* HUGS FOR AAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

hmmm. question. do u think you're weird? thanx for welcoming me. can u draw?:animesigh

[size=1][color=red]Edited your post to avoid a double post. Thanks. - James[/size][/color]

Of course I think I'm weird, silly pantsies!!! And I am quite confident in my drawing abilities, though I mostly do chibis! Hence my name, well SOMEBODY has to draw them! My friend is the best though, seriously,...she is the best...AND ANYONE MORONIC ENOUGH TO SAY OTHERWISE IS MY NEXT MEAL!!! BWA HA HA HA HA!!!! See, weird? *giggle*

[quote name='chibi-master']Of course I think I'm weird, silly pantsies!!! And I am quite confident in my drawing abilities, though I mostly do chibis! Hence my name, well SOMEBODY has to draw them! My friend is the best though, seriously,...she is the best...AND ANYONE MORONIC ENOUGH TO SAY OTHERWISE IS MY NEXT MEAL!!! BWA HA HA HA HA!!!! See, weird? *giggle*[/QUOTE]

Rock on! (my friends say i should never say that). how long have you been drawing. and, i'm going to say that your friend sucks. so, i guess i'm your next meal, if u can stand my extra cool sword fighting abilities.=) not really. i sucketh at swords. i'm the best @ video games, tho. and you're not alone, i'm weird, too. just i'm not too obvious........:catgirl:

I have been drawing since I was just months old...I drew in my food...weird as a kid, too...heh heh. Well, I was gonna say that I thought you were nice, but now you have insulted my friend and her abilities. So I will eat you. Don't complain because you brought this upon yourself, fool. I might spare you if you take it back, though. As you can see, I'm very loyal to my friends so it would be wise not to say such things.:animeangr

[quote name='chibi-master']I have been drawing since I was just months old...I drew in my food...weird as a kid, too...heh heh. Well, I was gonna say that I thought you were nice, but now you have insulted my friend and her abilities. So I will eat you. Don't complain because you brought this upon yourself, fool. I might spare you if you take it back, though. As you can see, I'm very loyal to my friends so it would be wise not to say such things.:animeangr[/QUOTE]

ya, i'm supposed to believe u drew chibis in your food as a kid. and yes, i'm nice. i was just going to see if you would really eat me if i insulted your friend. i didn't mean it, so i take it back (sniff) and for your information, chibi-master, i am no fool! So mind your tongue, moor! i am an intelligent human being!:animeangr and also, i'm loyal to my friends, most of the time. i always end up getting into fights with them. i don't know why... where's everybody else. and hey, i have skills, 2.

[COLOR="Indigo"]Lets get back on topic here, OB is not AIM people. I'm looking at you chibi-master and CrimsonKnight. Use something like AIM or PM's, thanks.

As for considering OB a family, sure there are people I would miss but no more than any other online place. It's different for me since some of my closest friends here were friends long before I joined. Some I've since met in real life as well, so naturally I'd miss them, the rest... I'd be sad, but seriously, I've lost online friends before, I'd get over it and find new ones.

I've already done that since a few I knew when I first joined are already gone. Yes I'm curious how they are doing, but that's about it. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I understand what you mean Aceburner. But, like I said. We're all people here. Whether or not we can't see each other everyday, we have a good idea of how each of us speak and act, and of course, what we're interested in.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Thinking about it that way, I guess you're right. I just found it a bit odd that you were so worried about what we'd think if you died. If it's any consolation, I doubt it will happen any time soon. Unless you're terminally ill. In which case, you have my condolences.

As for people I'd miss:
-Gavin, the coolest nerd ever.
-Deathknight, who doesn't sound full of himself because h's 10 times as awesome as he claims he is.
-Aaryanna, both the dog and the mod, because they're a package deal and there's no way around the amount of great ideas she's had.
-Aaryanna_Mom, keeping the hooligans in line since June 2006.
-Indifference, because she [strike]scares me[/strike] is massively amazing and is the evil offspring of Des.
-SunfallE, who never takes crap, except on Valentines.
-Rach, the only other Desbreko fanboy and voice of reason in a sea of lunatics (myself included.)
-Allamorph, who's like a being of pure win.
-Desbreko, who's awesome is unsurpassed in most mediums.
-James, who's smarter than that mouse with the big head from that cartoon. You know, Mickey.
-All y'all. You all impact the place somehow. You guys can all sit at my table.

I see what you mean. I am still very close to Queen Asuka (Tori) to this day. There are others I haven't really bugged in a while due to a hectic life however, talking to Digitalboy and Azurewolf on occasion just makes my day go a little bit better.

In fact, I feel that Otakuboards and her two sister sites are one big family. I don't know what I'd do without Adam's day to day antics.

[font=franklin gothic medium]If OB is a family, it's a slightly dysfunctional one. :catgirl:

Heheh, but seriously, there are people in this community that I'd definitely miss if I ever somehow got stranded without the Internet. There really isn't anyone on here that I know outside OB as such (in terms of having their phone number or whatever), so for me, it's hard to compare relationships on here to those in real life.

Still, when I think about it, it's a pretty unique situation. I mean, I have known Adam for almost a decade now...and yet we have never met. We talk almost every day. I think having that kind of relationship with someone and not actually meeting them is very bizarre - it's something I stop and think about occasionally.

If only we had the money to hold a big OB meetup. That'd be a lot of fun. :catgirl:[/font]

Hmmm...well, now that I think about it, we're more like a closely knit group of friends rather than some large family. I mean, who'd be the mom, dad, siblings, cousins, aunts, etc.? But maybe we are sorta a family....maybe?...Actually, some people seem like a family and some seem like the friends of the family. Does that make sense?:animestun

[quote name='chibi-master']Hmmm...well, now that I think about it, we're more like a closely knit group of friends rather than some large family. I mean, who'd be the mom, dad, siblings, cousins, aunts, etc.? But maybe we are sorta a family....maybe?...Actually, some people seem like a family and some seem like the friends of the family. Does that make sense?:animestun[/QUOTE]

Well, if ya wanna get technical, Mom and Dad would probably be Aaryanna_Mom and James.