OtakuBoards

OB and its members... A Family?

Nomurah!

You know, I spent quite a bit of time looking through this site before I joined today. This place does seem to have the quality of being fairly unique.

I'm interested to know exactly how long some of you have been active on this forum. And so as to keep from straying too far off subject, give me a little briefing on exactly how you came to be...e-close?...with some of the members you guys have listed off.

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Well the reason OB is so close is because it has a very small member base, mostly because a lot of people who sign up, don't bother to come back. Which I think is ironic being that OB is the sister to a VERY popular anime website.

Anyways, because of the small amount of 'usual' members, it's easier to get acquainted with everyone. And with the emphasis of quality, it's easier to learn about people, imo. Sometimes this place gets boring, but thats no big deal cause then, out of the blue, something awesome happens.

So enjoy your stay on OB. That's all I can really give you help with lol.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I think that using AIM is how I got close to so many here. I was bored one day and added all the staff and anyone who happened to be 'online' at the time to my buddy list. Some of those I'm still very close with...

I've been a member since 2001 however this place shut down for about a month due to a new version change. I eventually forgot about the place. I came back in 2003 when I accidently stumbled back in here. Been here off and on ever since.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]What the....!

[SIZE="1"]urg[/SIZE]

....right. Fix that typo in your sig and I might consider it. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Consider it done.

And BTW, Kenso...my bad. I seriously pondered it for a bit before just going male. Can't tell on this board because some members use purple and pink text in their posts even if they're male.
[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Hmmmm, I love OB, but I don't think of it as a family, more of a tight community. :catgirl: One with lots of fun friends. It is kind of sad when people move on, but I just assume that real life got too busy for them to come here anymore.

There are people I'd miss, but only if they vanished from AIM too, not just OB. I'm looking at you Dessy! :p And lots of others who I am not going to bother to list since they know who they are. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner']I'm assuming you mean you don't want to be married to James, because I'm almost sure that you already knew you wore considered the mother figure of the place.:p[/QUOTE]It's already been addressed, but it's more of a case of my being twice his age. Someone that young is someone I would see as a kid. No offense James. ^_~

And yes, I've heard people refer to me as OB's mom... I think of that more like adoption than actually being a part of the site's beginnings. Though I think the adoption happened from the other direction. o_O

[quote name='Aceburner']Nah, Des isn't the fatherly type. He's that really awesome uncle we all have that rides around on a motorcycle and gives us candy and airsoft guns behind our parents' backs.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the type of uncle every kid wants. My uncles give me bug zappers and cattle prods behind my parents' backs! Well, I have some people to add to my list of members I'd miss: indifference, Sabrina, Allamorph. :animesmil YAYS fer updates!

A family huh? If so... I think it's a given that we're all nuts here. Just ask anyone who was forming AIM chat groups when the site was off line during the switch to the different theOtaku version. It's like many of us are addicted to this insane place. XP

In general, when someone quits coming around or quits posting, I do wonder what they are up to. Especially if I don't see them on AIM or MSN anymore. But like others have said, I figure that real life became the main focus in their lives. So though I wonder what's up, that's about all there is to it.

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Hmmmm, I love OB, but I don't think of it as a family, more of a tight community. :catgirl: One with lots of fun friends. It is kind of sad when people move on, but I just assume that real life got too busy for them to come here anymore.

There are people I'd miss, but only if they vanished from AIM too, not just OB. I'm looking at you Dessy! :p And lots of others who I am not going to bother to list since they know who they are. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]
Haha... Well, you actually do have family on the OB. Your mom of course, lol. :] I wish she would adopt me, the only problem is. I don't think we've ever spoken. So I guess I'll remain family-less on the OB.

Like Rick said, there's only a few members that post regularly. Out of... something-something thousand people, I've only seen like 1 or 200 of them post, and mantain conversations, sign in regularly, etc. When it's easy to find a certain member if they're on, or hold a conversation, like it is on OB (which I like much more than it being a huge forum) you start to understand people more, and develop emotions towards them.

There's even new members I begin to like. Sabrina, for example, doesn't type like a noob, and also, is very educated when it comes to literacy. I admire that.

So. Yeah. you never know when you will started getting that dysfunctional family thing going on. Honestly, my friends in my town ditch me periodically, and talk bad about everyone by their back. My best friend is in a grade below me, so we only have a few classes together, and my other good friends live like 20 miles away.

So, it's nice to come home and talk with nice people, like the ones we could find on OB.

(I sound like I should be running an advertisement for OB...lol.)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']It's already been addressed, but it's more of a case of my being twice his age. Someone that young is someone I would see as a kid. No offense James. ^_~

And yes, I've heard people refer to me as OB's mom... I think of that more like adoption than actually being a part of the site's beginnings. Though I think the adoption happened from the other direction. o_O[/QUOTE]
[size=1][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Think of it as adoption?! Boy if we really were your kids you'd be go nuts :p

Luckily my mom is 50, so she has years of experience... no offense to anyone. Just saying.[/COLOR][/size]

[quote name='Aberinkula'][size=1][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Luckily my mom is 50, so she has years of experience... no offense to anyone. Just saying.[/COLOR][/size][/QUOTE]

But has it done her any good?:p

Yeah, we tight. I admit, I really like all you guys. This place is great. We should totally go out for ice cream or something sometime.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Whoa, Mann;810494][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Haha... Well, you actually do have family on the OB. Your mom of course, lol. :] I wish she would adopt me, the only problem is. I don't think we've ever spoken. So I guess I'll remain family-less on the OB.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]Well yes... But she's my [I]mom[/I], I don't think of her as a mom for OtakuBoards. That's just not the same thing for me. XP [quote name='Aberinkula'][size=1][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Luckily my mom is 50, so she has years of experience... no offense to anyone. Just saying.[/COLOR'][/size][/quote] That's my mom's age... 50 :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Book Antiqua]That's my mom's age... 50 :p[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

[SIZE=1]In the name of Kossuth, aren't there some sort of laws against revealing that sort of information about one's parents?

@Korey - Yeah, no big man. I think everyone has done that on the net at least once. I just thought it was amusing because you listed her in your 'would be missed' bunch, but didn't know that she was, well, a she.

On a side note, I'd miss Rach. If for no other reason than the constant musical link containing posts (although I don't think I've clicked one of those yet.....I really should). I would definitely notice if Rach vanished.
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Kenso'][SIZE=1]In the name of Kossuth, aren't there some sort of laws against revealing that sort of information about one's parents?[/SIZE][/QUOTE]I would imagine that if Aaryanna_Mom didn't want that known... it wouldn't be listed in her profile here: [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=27884"][U]Click[/U][/URL]

Also, I'd say you're right Kathy, you got adopted instead of the other way around. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][size=1]Actually, as they say, with age comes wisdom. I don't mean that in an offensive way, but I'm saying shes one of the oldest member so really she's one of the wisest members. Don't take offense to that please A_M >_< I mean it in the best way possible! And shes also made Aaryanna a very polite and well behaved girl... at least I think she's well behaved.

[spoiler]If anyone makes a 'Prem's lookin fur a date LOLZ!!!!!!!!111!!1!'comment, I"ll break your face!'[/spoiler] I've been tought by other women how to be a gent, so, nyeh :p[/size][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner']We should totally go out for ice cream or something sometime.[/QUOTE]

Now, how would we do that if we're all scattered across the country, silly? And I believe one of OB's members is currently in Norway, was it?:animestun Oh, well, go family!:animesmil