OtakuBoards

OB and its members... A Family?

Nomurah!

[quote name='Zen'][color=royalblue][size=1]

What was this thread about again? Cookies and doomsday devices?[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

What's wrong with cookies? And why you call my potato doomsday device?! He has feelings too, y'know! Anyway, adding on to the family thing, I hereby appoint Zen as a deppressing cousin that points out negative things!:p Hence, the quote! (Even though we all know you're right...:animeswea)
Oh, and if it helps for the whole gender mystery stuff that goes on, I'm a girl...but I hope you all knew that already...

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I swear Aberinkula and Aceburner, you two are probably just jealous that some of us ladies would send Allamorph cookies in a heartbeat. Hahahaha!:catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]>_> Uh... <_< [spoiler]Would[I] so[/I] send cookies to Sir Allamorph too.[/spoiler][/FONT]

[quote name='Felix Freeman'][SIZE=1] I want to thank her for that because if I wasnt turned to the OB, my life wouldnt be as interesting as it is now.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]>_> I'd have to agree with that and blame/thank Crystia in the same breath. She started it with introducing me to anime then myO then to members there... which lead to joining here and so forth. If someone had told me what would happen because of that before hand, I would have laughed. Now the laugh is on me I think. Though I'm not complaining. XP

[quote name='Sara'][font=trebuchet ms]Whatevs.

As for my dying... Trust me, you would all know if that happened. It is a little-known fact that I was one of the hackers who brought down v2 back in 2001. As a beloved and respected member of the community, no one ever suspected me--which made it even easier to gain access to the revamped v3 (and later) control code. I subtly modified it, masterfully weaving the php around a hidden internet doomsday device. It is constantly ticking down?at any given moment, this forum has less than twenty-four hours left of existance.

Every night at midnight, I hack into the system and enter a secret code to reset the countdown and keep this board from going nuclear.

So, yeah.

If I ever die, you'll know.[/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="4"]YOU'RE TEARING OUR FAMILY APARTTTTTT!!! [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]
Sorry. Wanted to use that dramatic movie quote. Also, I was going to say Akuna Matata... but I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean family in Hawaiian... Yeah...

Well, if the Ob did shut down, we could all move to Group Sounds, lol. Then we could all be a family, over there.

...How the hell did we get off on cookies? You mods, and your ways of getting people off-subject. I think the OB should get its on reality show. The Real World: OtakuBoards! Then everyone could see how much worse we are, compared to The Osbournes. The Mods would be least favorite characters on the show, because they suck the fun out of the regular members' souls, and what-not.

How about we all get on paypal and donate to James, so he can buy a tourbus, and come and pick us all up, and take us to Disneyland? (Shy and Syk3's epic meeting took place there lol)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="4"]YOU'RE TEARING OUR FAMILY APARTTTTTT!!! [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]
Sorry. Wanted to use that dramatic movie quote. Also, I was going to say Akuna Matata... but I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean family in Hawaiian... Yeah...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

It's "Hakuna Matata," which is Swahili for "no worries." It's from the Lion King, as well.

Not even close, dude!:animesmil You're looking for "Ohana," which [I]is[/I] Hawaiian for family. It's used in Lilo and Stitch.

Everyone knows their homework assignment, right? Watch Disney movies!

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Well, if the Ob did shut down, we could all move to Group Sounds, lol. Then we could all be a family, over there. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Group Sounds is dead, unfortunately. Oh, well, there's always AIM!

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]...How the hell did we get off on cookies? You mods, and your ways of getting people off-subject. I think the OB should get its on reality show. The Real World: OtakuBoards! Then everyone could see how much worse we are, compared to The Osbournes. The Mods would be least favorite characters on the show, because they suck the fun out of the regular members' souls, and what-not.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Considering a number of our mods and and all three of our admins are more mischevious and fun-loving than most of our normal members, I'm pretty sure all we'll get is a member uprise for the Desbreko Fanclub (which I wholeheartedly support.)

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]How about we all get on paypal and donate to James, so he can buy a tourbus, and come and pick us all up, and take us to Disneyland? (Shy and Syk3's epic meeting took place there lol)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

This is an excellent idea, except we'd need to get him on a plane first.

[COLOR="hotPink"][SIZE="1"]Well, SORRRRRYYYY, that I don't know spanish. And...getting James in the states may cost money, I suppose. Of course, he could sneak into the cargo bay, dressed up like a lamp. And then, we got here, he could buy/rent a bus. And, then.

Wha-laa!

We have the first ever OTAKUBOARDS WORLD (except for places not in North America) TOUR!

I havn't been on Group sounds in forever, so I wouldn't know whether or not, if its dead. I forgot the link. So, I guess someone else will have to figure out if its dead or not. Well, we could always try and find the secret mod forum, and then, we will have a new home. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][COLOR="hotPink"][SIZE="1"]I havn't been on Group sounds in forever, so I wouldn't know whether or not, if its dead. I forgot the link. So, I guess someone else will have to figure out if its dead or not. Well, we could always try and find the secret mod forum, and then, we will have a new home. [/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]It's definitely dead, and the internet is a little sadder for it.

As for the secret mod forum... I can't be as sure, but I'm pretty sure it's dead too. I managed to find it (you'd be surprised what a simple google search for "secret ob mod forum" can do), joined (but my account was never activated, heh), and I haven't been able to find it again.[/color]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I suppose now isn't the time to tell you all the me and Shy's epic meeting also took place at Disneyland. He was wearing suspenders and a tweed shirt and knickers because he was manning [so to speak] the Winnie The Pooh ride.

And then there's Anime Expo where I met Panda and her charming husband and Adam..... .....

But as far as a tour bus goes. I don't know if you've ever spent much time on one but five hours in you will officially be going absolutely insane. I recommend megabus. One dollar from place to place. Everyone meet at Union Station in Los Angeles and you can all be shot in a drive by in the taxi on the way to Aneheim.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Stephie/Squiggles/ W/e her name is now: Steph and I've been friends forever. We met on the boards over (wow) 4 years ago. She's really become close to me, even though we've never met. We've sent pics and vids to each other (Even had a Youtube Vid Contest) . I consider her to be one of my most cherished friends.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I love you too, Kores. *hugs* All these pages, and only one mention? Geez, until I saw Korey?s post I was ready to throw myself off a cliff. :( I?ve been here forever and only one mention? *huddles in a corner*

Lemme see? who would I miss?
[b]Korey-[/b] My brother, my friend, and confidante. I love you to bits. Okay, maybe not bits. That would hurt.
[b]Muad?Dib-[/b] My best friend, above all. I?ve known him longest of everyone on OB, and I would probably cry my heart out if something happened to him.
[b]Athena-[/b] My dear Annie-domo. She showed up after I did on OB but still, to this day, writes better than me. She always has.
[b]Engel-[/b] Spence and I have been through some rough spots, but he?ll always be in my heart. He?s even trying to quit smoking for me. *hugs* Love you.
[b]Jamie-[/b] Whatever she?s called now. She?s kind of ignored me since she hit eighteen and mod status, but it?s cool. I still remember the Sexy Six.
[b]Lilt-[/b] Taryn-chan! This is my sister and secret lover. Even though she did move to France and abandon me.
[b]Premmy-[/b] He?ll hate me for that, but oh well. He provides much laughter.
[b]0ber0n-[/b] Henry, my good friend. I love you and your music. *grins* And if you see our good friends, tell them I love them even though they?re complete jerks now.

I probably have more... I always do.[/size]

[quote name='Stephie'][size=1]All these pages, and only one mention? Geez, until I saw Korey’s post I was ready to throw myself off a cliff. :( I’ve been here forever and only one mention? *huddles in a corner*[/size][/QUOTE]

Someone's seeking attention... ;D I bet you get lots of mentions after that, though.

But if you really want attention around here, spark up some drama! That always works, guaranteed. ;D Although, if you want [I]positive[/I] attention... Then [I]I[/I] can't help you. XD

[quote name='Aceburner']
I do admit I miss DeadSeraphim. [/QUOTE]

I've been away for too long... He was always there ever since I joined the boards
a few years back... Hearing that he's gone is kinda shocking... :o

Anyone miss me or notice that I was gone? lol

Someone I miss... Only1specialed. I remember nothing about him except
that he was pretty cool, lol it's been a while.

[quote name='Sandy']Someone's seeking attention... ;D I bet you get lots of mentions after that, though.

But if you really want attention around here, spark up some drama! That always works, guaranteed. ;D Although, if you want [I]positive[/I] attention... Then [I]I[/I] can't help you. XD[/QUOTE]

[size=1]That's kind of what I was hoping for. ;D[/size]

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"]

The people that I would miss have already long left OB. Or else they just don't post very often.

I haven't really befriended many of the newest members, since college and work demands so much of my time. Though I suppose I'll be more active in the coming summer months.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

I wouldn't say that I'm part of the OB family... Much rather that I'm part of the community, simply because I haven't really befriended many people on this site.

I guess you could say I'm one of these newer members (I'm coming up on 2 years in a few months) and I don't think I've befriended that many people. I really liked chatting to Vicky when I first joined because she provided amazing RPs for me to get acquainted with the site. Somehow, though, we just stopped chatting all together, but she's still my OB idol.

Then I ventured into the lounge and made a lot more connections that the Theatre couldn't provide. That's also where I met Trigun 11, my OB wife. On all of OB, she's the closest, but she rarely visits OB anymore :animecry:

I've come to know a few other members including Allamorph and DB, Mostly because of the Panopticon, and then Aaryanna and Anomaly because of the OB Survivor. Us three really had to bond and work together after we lost the first two matches consecutively. (Not to mention that we were the three youngest competitors, I believe.) I think that my time with the Mercs was the most fun I've had here.

So I would definitely miss any of those guys if they just disappeared, even if we don't really speak all that much on OB, it's all about the memories.

By the way, do you think it would be easier for me to be accepted in the family if I actually [I]used[/I] AIM???

[quote name='Darren']I wouldn't say that I'm part of the OB family... Much rather that I'm part of the community, simply because I haven't really befriended many people on this site.[/quote]
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Same here. Although, I've already hit my 2 year mark (hit the 1 year mark for modship.), approaching the 3 year mark (still have some time before that though.) And I don't think I've befriended many people here either.

I've talked to Revelation on AIM a few times. And I've talked to Gavin, TwistedChick, Raiyuu in the Naruto / Bleach manga threads. Other than that I don't really talk to many people.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Stephie'][size=1]That's kind of what I was hoping for. ;D[/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Lolz, only I don't think it worked too much. Abernikula's after mention didn't count, cause he did it after the fact, so you get only mention, as do I . So we're in the same loser boat. But at least there's room! :D

But to boost your rep Steph, I mention thee again as a person I would miss. Score is now reset to Steph:2 Korey: 1. I fail at popularity :P[/FONT]

I have been here for a while, I don't really know many people here but I can say that I think of this place and the people here a family to me. I will miss a few people here if they were to suddenly dissapper, I can't really recall how to spell their names, but a few of the people that I haven't heard from in forever that I miss, Heero Darkangel, Kayin, and a few others.

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]As for the secret mod forum... I can't be as sure, but I'm pretty sure it's dead too. I managed to find it (you'd be surprised what a simple google search for "secret ob mod forum" can do), joined (but my account was never activated, heh), and I haven't been able to find it again.[/color][/QUOTE]
Oh man, I forget what was the code name for that forum? It's ironic that I'd forget it because I'm pretty sure I came up with it. I remember it was like the name of the skin of the forum at the top of the page or something.

That forum was intense, though. Literally all of us were given admin powers so we were just running around editing other mods signatures and posts. Havoc, lol. Good times, though.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]
Oh man, I forget what was the code name for that forum? It's ironic that I'd forget it because I'm pretty sure I came up with it.
[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Clarity, I believe, which is also what the Otakupedia page calls it.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Clarity, I believe, which is also what the Otakupedia page calls it.[/color][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][i]Clarity[/i], that's right. Thank you that was bothering me. :p[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Darren']By the way, do you think it would be easier for me to be accepted in the family if I actually [I]used[/I] AIM???[/QUOTE]Wouldn't hurt. What makes you think you're not accepted though? Silly. :p I can't forget that you're around since you stole my name after all. Not that I would have used it anyway since I prefer what I have, but still, every time you post it catches my attention, because who doesn't notice their own name?

Oh and Stephie... Stop changing your user name so much! Every time I turn around you're someone else! I think you're on change number four in less than a year if I remember correctly. lol You and Prem must be related, based on how often the two of you change your user name. XP

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][i]Clarity[/i], that's right. Thank you that was bothering me. :p[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"]Unfortunately, it must have been deactivated from lack of use. I went to it just the other day and it was gone. :[[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][I]OHHH, BURRRNN!!![/I]

[I]*shot*[/I][/font][/QUOTE]

[size=1]I'd be more offended, except that it was funny.

I think I'm keeping this one, honestly. I'd extend it to my full name, Stephanie, but my other account already has it.[/size]