OtakuBoards

OB and its members... A Family?

Nomurah!

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Heh, I dunno about the whole "I don't care for these people as much because they are just people online" argument. Regardless of virtual or not, these people are still people (I still hold that Raiha has to be a robot :D) . I do have people that have become close to me, even beyond the boards ( we talk on AIM and such) and we consider each other siblings. Long lost, how the hell did we get so far away from each other siblings.

People I'd miss:

Indifference: Provided the best Sig I've ever had on OB. Plus him and SunfallE Keep these boards run smooth as silk. When Indifference speaks, you listen. >: (

Stephie/Squiggles/ W/e her name is now: Steph and I've been friends forever. We met on the boards over (wow) 4 years ago. She's really become close to me, even though we've never met. We've sent pics and vids to each other (Even had a Youtube Vid Contest) . I consider her to be one of my most cherished friends.

Muad'Dib(Jacob): I met Jacob about the same time as Steph and while he may not be as active now as he was in the past, I still really respect him and hold him in the highest of regards. We're bros till the end.

James: Because James is just plain awesome. No discussion.

Allamorph: Because we didn't get to finish our pokemon battle over PM. I believe the ball is in your court bud :D[/FONT]

[quote name='Korey][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"']Allamorph: Because we didn't get to finish our pokemon battle over PM. I believe the ball is in your court bud :D[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]What the....!

[SIZE="1"]urg[/SIZE]

....right. Fix that typo in your sig and I might consider it. :p[/FONT]

Excuse me for a second while I laugh at Korey a bit. Sorry, man, but indifference is a girl.

That said, there's a few people who I'd miss on here if they vanished out of nowhere. I'm beginning to take a liking to Raiha (who, by the way, is even more fun to talk to on AIM than on the OB), and after the April Fool's thing, Des got kicked so far up the awesome ladder it's disgusting. ((Actually, I think it may've run out of rungs at that high.)) Most of the people have already been listed elsewhere, and as long as I've been a member, I just recently started posting regularly, so I probably haven't even registered on their radar yet.

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]What about the people who are already gone?

I miss members like KKC, Little Serenity, Kitty and Sakura (I know you still stalk threads, post more!). They were all part of that group that joined around the time I did like 4 years ago and we always RPed together. *tear*

I'm pretty close with (of course) [COLOR="Red"]Anomaly[/COLOR], Boo, Dragon Warrior and Retribution (though we haven't talked in a [I]while[/I]). Unfortunately I'm only ever able to get online in small spurts of time so I can never go on AIM or MSN to talk to any of them. ;__;

I also miss some of the oldies that disappeared. Where did Sara go? :(

All of my OB friends are slowly starting to leave. I need to talk to some of you new members more![/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I miss a lot of the older people who kind of don't come here anymore.

BKStyles I consider as a really, really great friend; he's like a big brother to me. He's lifted me up so many times I haven't even thanked him for everything yet.

Sakura, Kitty, Disenchanted and Ezekiel are all sisters to me in which I've learned so much from RPing to Graphic wise.

Goodbye Face, White, Engel and Jokopoko are all my brothers to me because they're all really talented and make me laugh whenever I need to. Although, White (or 8bit) never hardly talks to me anymore.

I still really love you and admire you a lot, White; we never talk much, I think it was about some contest between you and Jokopoko (?) which maybe made you talk to me less? Haha. But really, I hope we can talk again soon like the old times; I miss our conversations.

Retribution, jigglyness and Delta Graphic Design wise; they're so amazing and I consider them my idols for being great at what they dooooo.

I have other brothers, sisters, wives and husbands here; but I love you all.

But Whoa, Mann (I WILL ALWAYS CALL YOU NOMURA HUNTER!) is my husband in real life. You're gorgeous, my loveeeee.

Btw, why am I not in anyone else's family? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=deeppink]Some of the friendships I've made on OB are some of the closest and most meaningful I ever had, if not the absolute most meaningful. I've made sure to keep those friendships going, even if it's nothing more than reading their blog or keeping up with their Flickr account.

There are those that I made good friends with that have disappeared, either by the natural erosion of our friendship or a decision on their part to completely cut themselves off from OB (or the internet at large.)

Of the present... First, and most obviously, I'd miss the rest of the Triad if they up and disappeared. Of course, with Sara's refusal to sign on IM (at least without being away every damn minute of the day), that might happen soon.

You hear me, Sara? Be online more

'Course... my computer's broken right now, so I wouldn't be able to get on IM anyway. Whoops.

And of course there's Ben, who I still talk to from time to time, and who apparently has come back to OB after years of absence. Hooray!

As for those from the past... Ajeh, Ginnylyn, and Angel, who have all become scarce for different reasons.

Those are all the people I'd miss on a personal level; the list of people I miss because of what they brought to OB is much longer and I don't care to try. So there.

Oh, yeah. I'm going to consider everyone who misses DB to be suffering from some bizarre form of Stockholm Syndrome.[/color]

[QUOTE]Oh, yeah. I'm going to consider everyone who misses DB to be suffering from some bizarre form of Stockholm Syndrome.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Dude, hes like my online bro, why do you dislike him so much anyways Nerdsy?!

And damn I forgot two other important people. Keyblade Wielder (Riku now) and Tekkaman. Two very good freinds.

So sorry KW for forgetting you, so sorry! You're always fun to talk to, during the time as SplitKeyblader and FH when I had my downs you made me smile, same with Tekkaman too. You both were awesome. And I feel soooooooooo SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry for ruining your RPG earlier that year, I can never get over it.

And not to mention your artistic abilities, WHOA! Plus you're a very beautiful girl. Btw, since when are you and WM married? That makes you like, a sister is law lol.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]If OB is a family, it's a slightly dysfunctional one. :catgirl:[/font][/QUOTE]Only slightly? *laughs*
[quote name='Korey;810316][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Indifference: Provided the best Sig I've ever had on OB. Plus him and SunfallE Keep these boards run smooth as silk. When Indifference speaks, you listen. >: ([/FONT][/QUOTE]You might want to pay attention to this next quote. :p[quote name='Kenso;810323]Excuse me for a second while I laugh at Korey a bit. Sorry, man, but indifference is a girl.[/QUOTE]Exactly. I've thought of changing my user name to my real one since that would make it more obvious, but... I like it.[QUOTE=Riku'][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]BKStyles I consider as a really, really great friend; he's like a big brother to me. He's lifted me up so many times I haven't even thanked him for everything yet.[/COLOR][/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]He still signs in from time to time and I caught him on MSN recently. Aside from being busy from school and work he was doing good. I know where he lives though so if I'm ever in his area I'll hunt him down.

There are others I'd do the same, if I was visiting where they lived, I'd want to drop in and say hello. [/COLOR]

[color=#CC6600][font=Tahoma]I haven't really "been" on OB like I use too, in such a very long time. And I just came back from a long hiatus, after being the mod and being pretty active at one point due to Real life issues and things in the way.

Now most of everyone that I talked to has either left or changed their name! I don't even know who anyone is anymore, 'cause it takes me awhile to figure who is who. Such as I had no idea [b]Rikku[/b] was [b]Keyblade Wielder[/b] and that [b]White[/b] is now [b]Lrb8[/b]. I thought about changing my name but, meh, pumpkin fits and its the name I've always gone by. Why change now? I know [b]Chabichou[/b] is still around and she has always had the same name and same banner. I can spot her anywhere lol. I've always loved the smiley cat thing. Thats about it. Otherwise everyone else looks new to me. People who are new become moderators, old people leave the mod team etc. Always changing. Anyways..back on topic...

I definately miss Dragon Warrior (Gavin), since he left and we still talk occasionally on myspace and AIM and whatnot. However most people I've lost touch with and haven't really talked to in quite a while. I use to talk to multiple people, and be active here. SunfallE definately is awesome and should talk to me more because I am an awesome goddess and who wouldn't want to talk to me? She was technically the first person to greet me back when I came back to OB. Rach is pretty cool as well. Let's see, I miss Stuart's wierd humor and Kamuro (which I'm sure not many people remember) was one of the first people I conversed with on OB who is no longer here and needs to come back. Basically everyone that was here a year ago, needs to come back now.

And then there are people that I admire and what not. Redemption is very talented with graphics/RPGS so does Retribution everything is all well-made. Shy, made up some fun things as event master, and definately Desbreko for making Kabuki Troupe even though it kinda died towards the end. It was nice to have another mod that was really into gaming, and I hope that there can be an online mmo community again sometime (although not necessarily a guild) Although next time Desbreko, level slower lol you are WAY too fast for this little pumpkin to keep up with everyone.
I always get to like level 5 when everyone else reaches 50. Not fair.

Otaku Boards is like a family, and Pumpkin is like the spoiled child that everyone hates to love <3

[QUOTE]I still really love you and admire you a lot, White; we never talk much, I think it was about some contest between you and Jokopoko (?) which maybe made you talk to me less? Haha. But really, I hope we can talk again soon like the old times; I miss our conversations. [/QUOTE]
He's in hiding. I had yet to kick his butt in WOW a long time ago, its on my old to-do list. Forshame White. *shakes fist* BTW, he should definately make another Elements RPG. I am so waiting for one already, I LOVED those. Reminded me of .Hack Sign kind of.

Also, feel free to want to contact me. You can call me at 1-800-PuMkiN-RoX-N-U-D0nT11 or PM/AIM me. I'm always open for stimulating conversation!

P.S. I don't like long romantic walks on the beach FYI.

P.P.S But I do like Volcanoes and Cream Cheese.

P.P.P.S Why the heck are you still reading this?[/color][/font]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Pumpkin;810353][color=#CC6600][font=Tahoma] SunfallE definately is awesome and should talk to me more because I am an awesome goddess and who wouldn't want to talk to me? She was technically the first person to greet me back when I came back to OB. Rach is pretty cool as well. [/color][/font][/QUOTE]Exactly! You[I] are[/I] awesome. I remember the first time you changed your user name and I thought you were gone. I was sad over that since you were one of the first friends I made here. XP I never change mine and I really should take a picture to prove it since Sunfall is my personalized license plate for my car and e-mail for ten years. So when people do change theirs... it's always a double take. Also, Rach is definitely cool. :catgirl:[quote name='Pumpkin;810353][color=#CC6600][font=Tahoma] P.P.S But I do like Volcanoes and Cream Cheese.[/color][/font][/QUOTE]Even more proof that you are awesome.[QUOTE=Pumpkin'][color=#CC6600][font=Tahoma]P.P.P.S Why the heck are you still reading this?[/color'][/font][/quote]Because it's fun! Heh.

Now in general, there are plenty of people I'd miss if they weren't around, some I already do. It's just how it goes I guess, people get busy and move on. Others are easier since like Crystia, I knew them in real life before OB and some I've since met in real life so naturally we'd still know how the other is doing.

There's still plenty that I want to eventually meet though, because if you consider OB an online family, they're those relatives that I know, but haven't met yet. Heh. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Pumpkin'][color=#CC6600][font=Tahoma]Forshame White. *shakes fist* BTW, he should definately make another Elements RPG. I am so waiting for one already, I LOVED those. Reminded me of .Hack Sign kind of.[/color][/font][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=#8B008B]Hell yes, he should! The Elements RPG was awesome and I've been dying for another one.

[quote name='Pumpkin'][color=#CC6600][font=Tahoma]P.S. I don't like long romantic walks on the beach FYI.

P.P.S But I do like Volcanoes and Cream Cheese.

P.P.P.S Why the heck are you still reading this?[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

Well, didn't you know you get sand in your shoes when you do?

Volcanoes are amazing but cream cheese is disgusting.

Why the heck am I still reading this? That's a good question. I have no idea. Maybe it's cause you're just so awesome, [B]Pumpkin[/B].

Okay, in all seriousness, like everyone is saying, online relationships are online relationships. Sure, we've made connections with each other but like Raiha said, if friends from OB were to die, I would have no idea. And like her, it's not like I'd go crazy wondering why they weren't online or something. I'd just think real life pulled them away from online life. Simple as that.

There are people I miss and people that I would miss and people that I am going to miss. It's inevitable because once you've made a connection with a person, it's somewhat hard to sever that tie.

And because I'm insane and have nothing better to do, I'm planning on visiting people sometime in the future. Granted, it might take a long time for some but for others, it might be sooner than they think.

And really, OtakuBoards has always been a dysfunctional family since it started with Harlequin, wristcutter, Raiha, and all of the other oldies. We've had our wars, our exiles, our petty fights; but really, what family hasn't? Granted, they didn't try flaming each other.

Well, that's my two cents.[/size][/color]

[quote name='Aceburner']Well, if ya wanna get technical, Mom and Dad would probably be Aaryanna_Mom and James.[/QUOTE]

Gee...that surprised me! I thought fer sure that ya'd say that Desbroko was the dad, mom, whatever! (sorry, I just forgot what gender Des is...can't remember!):animeswea Oh, well! Hmmm...I wanna be the crazy neighbor person that little kids fear and tell stories about! Y'know, the kind that makes a kid cry if he loses his frisbee in the person's yard! HA HA! That'd be cool! Back to the point, though! I guess I think of a select few as "family"...:animesmil

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Oh, how wonderful are threads such as these.

As one of the unofficial OB loners, I only talk to... 2 of you? outside of OB. Well, only one, really. But I've had a few conversations with another. And I wouldn't miss either of them if I left because they both post [I]just[/I] about as often as I do nowadays. At least in the Lounge.

But assuming I had to leave the internetz altogether, I would miss DW. But only on MySpace. His username changes so much though... it confuses me.

Now, Mr. Maul, on the other hand, I can see pretty much whenever I want. I just... don't. Haha. But really... we talk a lot, especially recently. He's more interesting than most people/cyborgs/wtf on here... no offense... he just seems to have that rare ability to individualize himself & create his own opinions.

At any rate though, I would mostly miss those posts that don't make any sense by those pretentious OB members. I would name names, but that seems a bit unnecessary. But yes, back to the point... I would miss enjoying posts that look promising but wind up being an unsupported opinion. Those are fantastic, right?
In fact... a lot of posts on here are like that. All by the same people, too.

Then there are those new members who make brief appearances & then just *leave*. That's pretty insane. I'd miss that. You can always tell who will stay or not though. But I enjoy reading their posts sometimes.

And the funny ones. There aren't too many here who can TRULY utilize sarcasm at its finest... but when I see it, I like it. A lot.

Not to mention, the ones who dislike anime just as much as I.

Oh well. Maybe I just don't open up enough here? It doesn't exactly matter. I'm very aware of the fact that this post will result in at least one of the following responses:

A - Complete offense.
B - A lecture regarding how it's my own fault for not "opening up to"/"getting involved enough with" OB.
C - A lecture regarding how if I don't like it here, why do I not just leave.
D - A lecture regarding something else.
E - "No, we really do care about you" - AKA, bulls***.
F - None at all.

The normal response I've seen here is F. But it happens.

At any rate... enjoy your OB family!

Yeah. I'm gonna go do that now.

Be back in a few weeks!... unless something sparks my interest![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='taperson'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]

As one of the unofficial OB loners, I only talk to... 2 of you? outside of OB. Well, only one, really. But I've had a few conversations with another. And I wouldn't miss either of them if I left because they both post [I]just[/I] about as often as I do nowadays. At least in the Lounge.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I can beat that, I hardly talk to anyone outside OB anymore ¬_¬. My personal life decided to kick me in the back and ruin everything for me.

I think I've been quite lonely on OB for the past few years. I'm not very well known... I don't think... and I never talk to people first. But I definitely made some good friends, my personal life just gets in the way so much nowadays that I'm on the verge of losing contact with a lot of them (simply because I'm normally too shy to say hello to anyone first).

I do consider most of my friends on OB family, though, most of them are like brothers and sisters to me. Although Raiha does remind me of my crazy auntie who lives in Austria...

...=)[/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I haven't really belonged to any online place long enough to even consider it a family. I mean >_> I haven't even hit the one month mark here yet. I do love it, but then that's because I have good friends from my real life who are here. So it's fun hanging around with them online as well. I knew about it, I just didn't bother to really check it out until last month.

And yes I've already met others here who I'm pretty sure they'd be just as much fun to hang out with in real life as they are here. :catgirl: Everyone meets somehow so I see no reason why it can't be online first. I'm quite sure Beth and Darren would agree. :D[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Depends on the thread.

'Cause, you know, there [I]are[/I] others....[/FONT][/QUOTE]

why? you kinda scare me, i thought i was scary(no offense!(when i get to know you, i know i won't think you're scary.))<-----parentheses overkill by the way, i love your avatar! cute cat.

[quote name='Aceburner;810315]Well, if ya wanna get technical, Mom and Dad would probably be Aaryanna_Mom and James.[/QUOTE]What? o_O [quote name='taperson'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]D - A lecture regarding something else.[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]Lecture? No dear, a title that you are attempting to assume as a member of the family. Commonly known as the [U]black sheep[/U]. Whether or not it's true...

Anyway, as much as I enjoy coming here, it's never crossed my mind to think of it as a family. I do like it here, and yes I'm stating the obvious, because if I didn't I wouldn't come back. :catgirl:

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Your cynicism is disheartening.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]I wouldn't call it cynicism as much as I would call it truth. I could leave, & no one would notice. That's all there is to it. I'm not meaning that to sound needy or emotional - it's just true!

We still need that Meeting Of The Indiana OB'ers, by the way! (Even though Mr. Maul & I have already met).

Sometime this summer, perhaps?[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='taperson][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]I wouldn't call it cynicism as much as I would call it truth.[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I wouldn't.

I'd [I]notice[/I], because I see you around. Whether or not I'd say anything to anyone is another matter.

(^_^)[/FONT]

[quote name='taperson'][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]I wouldn't call it cynicism as much as I would call it truth. [/color][/size][/quote]

[color=deeppink]The two aren't mutually exclusive. ; )[/color]

[quote]We still need that Meeting Of The Indiana OB'ers, by the way! (Even though Mr. Maul & I have already met).

Sometime this summer, perhaps[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Would have to be summer, considering I go to school in Evansville now, heh.[/color]