Gavin Posted May 29, 2008 Posted May 29, 2008 [SIZE="1"]If OB closed permanently tomorrow, would I miss people ? Even if it sounds silly or sentimental, yeah, I definitely would miss some of the people I've gotten to know here. Realistically, I've been around OB nearly seven years at this point, I'm met and gotten to know quite a few people in that time, many of whom have become good friends whom I enjoy talking to and writing with. I've seen people who I know leave OB as well, and lost touch with them, and admittedly yeah, that's been sad for me. Is OB like a family ? In ways yes, in ways no. I think if people stick around long enough, it leans more towards yes than no. That said, I would not advocate OB as a replacement to real-life friendships and relationships, knowing a few friends online should only compliment offline friendships.[/SIZE]
The Spectacular Professor Posted May 29, 2008 Posted May 29, 2008 [quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]If OB closed permanently tomorrow, would I miss people ? Even if it sounds silly or sentimental, yeah, I definitely would miss some of the people I've gotten to know here.[/SIZE][/QUOTE] This place will probably never die. Even if the network gets shut down, there's still the Clone and AIM to deal with. Boo 1
Gavin Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 [quote name='Aceburner']This place will probably never die. Even if the network gets shut down, there's still the Clone and AIM to deal with.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]True, but it wouldn't be the same, AIM just doesn't have the same group feel as OB, we're far too hyper and wacky for that during those AIM chatrooms.[/SIZE]
Horendithas Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 [COLOR="Indigo"]If that were to happen Aceburner, Gavin would probably go and start a new forum for OB members and then rule it with an iron fist. Or at least [I]attempt [/I]to. Seriously, we'd all do like I'm sure we've done before when a site goes down. Find a new one to [strike]terrorize[/strike] hang out at. [/COLOR]
The Spectacular Professor Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 [quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]If that were to happen Aceburner, Gavin would probably go and start a new forum for OB members and then rule it with an iron fist. Or at least [I]attempt [/I]to.[/COLOR][/QUOTE] Nah, I'd beat him to it. This thread is now about cats (just practicing.)
Gavin Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 [quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]If that were to happen Aceburner, Gavin would probably go and start a new forum for OB members and then rule it with an iron fist. Or at least [I]attempt [/I]to. [/COLOR][/QUOTE] [SIZE="1"]Emphasis on the word [U]attempt[/U], I know as well as you do I couldn't run a site as big or active as OB, I'd probably go mad within a month and retreat to the Theatre as a crazed role-playing hermit. [/SIZE]
chibi-master Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 [quote name='Aceburner']This thread is now about cats (just practicing.)[/QUOTE] Incorrect, it is now about squishy things. Anyway, if this site were to close tomorrow, I would probably curse for 5 days straight! I'd also miss everyone and their insanity! (insanity is squishy...and soft and cuddly.)
Horendithas Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 [quote name='Aceburner;813655]This thread is now about cats (just practicing.)[/QUOTE][quote name='chibi-master'']Incorrect, it is now about squishy things.[/quote] [COLOR="Indigo"]*yawns*[/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/261/funnypicturescatdollindpe3.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="Indigo"]Wait... were you two talking to me? [/COLOR]
chibi-master Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 [quote name='Indi'] [CENTER][IMG]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/261/funnypicturescatdollindpe3.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="Indigo"]Wait... were you two talking to me? [/COLOR][/QUOTE] Nope. Hey, can I be the chicken in that picture? Sorry Ace, you are now a dolly.:p
The Spectacular Professor Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 [quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]*yawns*[/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/261/funnypicturescatdollindpe3.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="Indigo"]Wait... were you two talking to me? [/COLOR][/QUOTE] That settles it. Indi is now a kitty. And Chibi, I'd personally rather be the floor.
Cleptomatic Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 [quote name='Aceburner']Yeah, we tight. I admit, I really like all you guys. This place is great. We should totally go out for ice cream or something sometime.[/QUOTE] I'm new here to and new to a forum community but who can turn down ice cream even from a complete stranger?
The Spectacular Professor Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 [quote name='Cleptomatic']I'm new here to and new to a forum community but who can turn down ice cream even from a complete stranger?[/QUOTE] I forgot I made that offer. Well, I don't really have enough money to treat everyone to ice cream, but I made some peanut brittle, if that helps. [IMG]http://altopower.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/peanut_brittle_9273.jpg[/IMG] Sorry about the ice cream. Dig in.
Cleptomatic Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 Peanut brittle? how about Apple Pie! [IMG]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/232/452035308_632110fcdf.jpg[/IMG]
Haku877 Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 well im halfway new to the OB, Im kinda like a toddler in this "Family",I cant really offer anything but my smile. [IMG]http://www.fingers-to-toes.co.uk/Images/baby%20massage%20smile.jpg[/IMG]
chibi-master Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 [quote name='Aceburner']And Chibi, I'd personally rather be the floor.[/QUOTE] But that's where Indi's butt is resting...:animedepr Anyway, I'm not even a toddler, I'm like...a newborn...? At first, I was gonna say embryo, but that made me throw up in my mouth a little...:sick:
Cleptomatic Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 I'm like an infant, ive been a member of the boards for a while but i just learned how to speak [IMG]http://images.smarter.com/blogs/baby%20hamburger1.jpg[/IMG]
Allamorph Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 [quote name='Aceburner']That settles it. Indi is now a kitty.[/quote] [FONT=Arial]Perfect.[/FONT] [CENTER][IMG]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-basement-cat-clw.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
Gavin Posted May 30, 2008 Posted May 30, 2008 [SIZE="1"]James in cat form. [CENTER][IMG]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-wise-owl-cat.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now