OtakuBoards

The Under the Bed Thread

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I'm blaming Chibi for this one after an IM about year old pop tarts. Ye\s, year old pop tarts- they're having a birthday next week. Curiosity has over taken me as I ask. What is under your bed. And like the what is in your pants thread, no mundane lists.

As for myself:

[LIST=1]
[*]Two collapsable back clothes bins filled with my summer clothes (I've a small dresser and a lot of clothes
[*]The rug (because you can't have people under there)
[*]Dust (I can't get a vacuum under there)
[*]probably a sock or three (I haven't looked lately)
[*]Barbie clothes (my daughter confuses my room with hers and leaves stuff there)
[/LIST]

Lord knows there could be more. But I'm still having the conversation with Chibi about not eatting things found under her bead and I'm on the phone. So reply and I'll add more when I see it.[/color][/font][/size]

Well, mine is quite simple.

1. A couch
2. a lamp
3. Clothes blankets pillows and comforting whatnots
4. video game consoles
5. Puppets! ( I buy them at the fair)

Now I have a bed from Ikea, Its like a bunk bed, with no bottom bunk. and I'm like, a good 1 foot from the ceiling

[quote name='chibi-master']Once again:

1.Food.
2.Said food's packaging that LIES.

I'm sure there's more, so I'll update later...[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]You know it wouldn't lie if you ate it closer to the sell by date instead of 1/2 a year after the fact :animeswea

Of course it wouldn't be as interesting to read about.[/color][/font][/size]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Hrm, what's under my bed? Lets see.

I have my Apples to Apples game beneath the bottom left corner.
There's a box of Raisin Bran Crunch under the top of my bed.
An old remote that might/might not work.
A shirt and possibly a pair of boxers.

...There's probably some other stuff, what exactly I don't know. If I think of some other stuff, I'll let you all know.[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]Boxes with extra blankets and clothing. Some stuff for school in another little box and various chew toys that belong to my dog. o_O I think the cat drags them under there since Aaryanna doesn't get under the bed. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[size=1]Lemme see...

1) An old karaoke machine
2) A box of old trinkets
3) My carton/plastic crate of shoes
4) A plastic bag (BIG) full of paints and brushes
5) More than likely some lost crayons
6) Carpet

That's what I remember off the top of my head. O'course, I'm not home at the moment, so I could be wrong. Or missing something. Definately missing something.[/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]My laundry basket.
My leather white rabbit rucksack.
Tweety Bird Night Gown.
Stool for my sister so she can reach the bunk bed ladder.
Under my pillow there's my earplugs. Said sister yells in her sleep.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#9933CC]Oh my god. EVERYTHING is under my bed! I'm a college student with lack of space, so there's a whole lot of stuff under my bed. Let me see if I can get to it all, in general terms.

[list][*]refrigerator
[*]A suitcase filled with summer clothes that I'm not using right now
[*]A box on wheels filled with sheets, towels, kitchen utensils, dishsoap, & dish towels
[*]A box with food in it
[*]Lots of books, notebooks, etc. for class (On Monday they start out on my bookshelf, and migrate to under my bed by the end of the week)
[*]A box with assorted papers, music sheets, Yu-Gi-Oh cards, doujinshi, my flute & lyre... etc.
[*]A box with assorted house stuff: extra tissues, extra soap, lightbulbs, cables, etc...
[*]Apples to Apples and Clue (great games)
[*]A 24 pack of Poland Springs water bottles, though there aren't 24 anymore.
[*]A box with sewing supplies
[*]A sewing machine. Yes, I have a sewing machine at college under my bed. XD[/list][/color]

[SIZE="1"]-A big box full of shoes. I have an addiction.
-A box of summer/swim wear
-Scarves and gloves (In a box. I <3 organisation)
-Old CDs, in a box
-A pair of geta, from a street market in Japan that I can't wear because we have wooden floors.
-A really, really old box of things my nanny saved up from previous grandchildren. It came to me when she died, as I'm the youngest. (So have rights to [I]their[/I] memories, too, for some reason, ufufufu)
-Probably an earring or two, and dust.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]I just remembered I have crap under my bed.

-My prized shoebox of 90?s Beast Wars and Beast Machine Transformers toys.
- A red/black backpack and a tan Pokemon backpack from elementary school.
- A deflated basketball.
- A broken Razor scooter.
- A nasty dust ridden sock.
- A crap load of dust also.
- A magic eye and I-spy book.
- An emergency flood lamp with no batteries.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]First off I would like to thank everyone who's replied so far, thanks these have been interesting to read. I had to do laundry today, so here's what else I found under my bed:

[LIST=1]
[*]Spoons
[*]A bowl
[*]a bra
[*]more socks
[*]stickers still on the paper
[*]empty sticker pack
[*]one of my knitted bracelets from Christmas
[*]Doll shoes.
[*]A hanger
[/LIST]

I've nothing else good under there. But I am curious about the ones who have refridgerators under their beds. In college all I could stick under my bed was my storage container. I had off campus housing so I had a very small 2 bedroom apartment with my own room.[/color][/font][/size]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]I have lots of dust under my bed. I need to pull everything out, move the bed and vacuum. In addition to the dust I have several boxes that are supposed to go under the bed. In one is my spare sheets. Another has some small throw blankets. Then I have one with some of my dvd's and older school books. And finally, one that literally has random stuff that I can't decide if I should throw it out or not. I need to go through that. [/FONT][/COLOR]

A metric ton of underwear. Hopefully not TMI, but I take my clothes off to sleep, and a lot of the time, since I am just putting clothes on to go across the house and take them off again before a shower, the underwear get left behind. For similar reasons, there are a lot of socks.

There also looks to be a TON of trash. Most of it is wrapping from DVDs and other things as well as the bags those came in. There are also 2 empty 2 liter Mountain Dew bottles and a variety of other empty bottles. Some other clothes as well. And batteries.

My 'Manga - 60 Years of Japanese Comics' book is under there for whatever reason. Cough medicine, a stack of school papers, a plate thing from a guitar hero guitar, a back massage device, pencils, a Haruhi pillow, and other crap that's harder to identify.

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]But I am curious about the ones who have refridgerators under their beds. In college all I could stick under my bed was my storage container. I had off campus housing so I had a very small 2 bedroom apartment with my own room.[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]
[color=#9933cc]My bed sits a couple feet off of the ground (hence why I can fit so much stuff underneath). And the fridge is a mini-fridge. It's not like a regular kitchen fridge, lol.[/color]

[quote name='Haku877']Now I have a bed from Ikea, Its like a bunk bed, with no bottom bunk. and I'm like, a good 1 foot from the ceiling[/QUOTE]

I have that bed too! I had to leave it at my parents house when i moved into my dorm though :animedepr

Under my current bed I have:
1. all my food that needs no refridgeration (so nobody steals it..)
2. a deflated blow up air mattress
3. a bunch of old magazines & sunday comics pages
4. a computer printer
5. a foot spa
7. a feather blanket
8. a stuffed domokun & 2 ugly dolls

[SIZE="1"]Underneath my bed is atrocious.

[B]1.[/B] I have loads of sketchbooks and folders of art that I've gradually added onto over the past ten years or more. A few old yearbooks, some from high school and one from middle school I think.

[B]2.[/B] Old notebooks from either high school or one of the various college courses I took.

[B]3.[/B] Tons of pictures.

[B]4.[/B] Some random stuff I bought while I was in Israel.

[B]5.[/B] An DBZ hand held game I got when I was atleast thirteen.

[B]6.[/B] Alot of other random things aswell.[/SIZE]

Well, mine is actually quite simple:

Everything except my TV.

When I moved into my new dorm this semester, I had the option of lofting my bed. And since I figured that it would make more room, (especially since I deluded myself into thinking that I might have a roommate) I went for it.

So technically, I'm under my bed right now as I type this... Strange.

[color=#9933cc]Darren - you don't like the loft? I've never had one, but I always thought they looked spiffy, and it made more room for everything. Is this not the case?
Why don't you have a roommate? =(

Mitch - lol. I suppose that explains why I haven't seen Charles lately.[/color]

[quote name='Whoa, Mann'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Believe it or not, Charles is actually under my bed... He's been covert ops for some time now, but he swears that he can't leave, due to an advanced race of Former OB Mod Eating Bunny Rabbits.

Wait... what? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I just got evil looks from the library patron next to me for laughing at that. But what does she know since she wears men's cologne?

Ah well, I hope you're at least feeding him well.[/color][/font][/size]