OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Nerdsy']I'd say it'd make you needy.

I recently read on Wikipedia that Paul Winchell, the original voice of Tigger, was the first person to invent and patent an artificial heart. I haven't verified this because I want it to be true [i]so bad.[/i][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Apparently, the wonderful thing about Tiggers is that they can save your life.[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Apparently, the wonderful thing about Tiggers is that they can save your life.[/FONT][color=deeppink][/QUOTE]

It's still not as cool as having tops made out of rubber, though.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy']I'd say it'd make you needy.

I recently read on Wikipedia that Paul Winchell, the original voice of Tigger, was the first person to invent and patent an artificial heart. I haven't verified this because I want it to be true [i]so bad.[/i][/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"] Nah, I just like to talk, thats all.

This Tigger shinanagens is pretty cool, an artifical heart? I could roll with that.[/COLOR]

I'm so happy! I hate doing push-ups in Karate since I stink at them, so I've been working especially hard on them and the hard work has finally paid off! Today in gym we did some sort of fitness state test thing I guess. We were on a mat in push-up position (on toes, no knees) and had to do push-ups for 60 seconds. Even worse, the partner had to put their fist down under the push-up person's chest. The push-up person had to go down far enough that they touched the fist with their chest. The gym teacher said that 22 push-ups was considered the good score on this. And you know what I got? [B][I][U]51 push-ups![/U][/I][/B] That's more than double the good score! Huzzah for hard work!

Successes, I finally got done giving all our pets baths. It took two day's cause on of them hid. I'm also kind of annoyed right now.

I failed a math quiz again. :animeangr Luckily we're going to be going over the chapter again cause no one really understands it.

[quote name='chibi-master']I'm so happy! I hate doing push-ups in Karate since I stink at them, so I've been working especially hard on them and the hard work has finally paid off! Today in gym we did some sort of fitness state test thing I guess. We were on a mat in push-up position (on toes, no knees) and had to do push-ups for 60 seconds. Even worse, the partner had to put their fist down under the push-up person's chest. The push-up person had to go down far enough that they touched the fist with their chest. The gym teacher said that 22 push-ups was considered the good score on this. And you know what I got? [B][I][U]51 push-ups![/U][/I][/B] That's more than double the good score! Huzzah for hard work![/QUOTE]

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="Upper Body Workout?"]bF85l-_4OI4[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]25 ASDSFGLARFLGAB[/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][CENTER][YOUTUBE="Upper Body Workout?"]bF85l-_4OI4[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]25 ASDSFGLARFLGAB[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Uhm...WTF? It's not like I'm beefed up or anything...far from it. I have arms that more or less resemble noodles. I have no upper body strength, such is the reason I was working on gaining some.

[quote name='chibi-master']Uhm...WTF? It's not like I'm beefed up or anything...far from it. I have arms that more or less resemble noodles. I have no upper body strength, such is the reason I was working on gaining some.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]So you're enjoying your exercise in moderation? Excellent!

HOORAY RESPONSIBILITY![/FONT]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]So you're enjoying your exercise in moderation? Excellent!

HOORAY RESPONSIBILITY![/FONT][/QUOTE]

You hurt my head. A lot.

AND SO DOES THE F***ING 25 CHARACTER LIMIT! IT USE TO BE 10, D*** IT! CHANGE IT BACK! CHANGE IT BACK! CHANGE IT BACK!

[font=trebuchet ms] On the topic of excercising... I've started up a regular excercise routine again. Running an hour Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun and 30 minutes on other days (if I choose to run on the off days).

My body feels good, I got a new pair of performance shoes, but a lot of people attack me for running, or running on a treadmill. I got grilled by two of my friends who said I should be running outside instead of ruining my knees on a treadmill. And then a bunch of other people are just like, "running is the worst thing ever for your body. USE THE ELLIPTICAL".

:rolleyes: Needless to say it's annoying. I mean I guess it'd be smart for me to talk to a physical therapist, but I grew up in a household where my parents regularly told me to suck it up when I asked to go to a doctor. lol[/font]

[size=1]Those people are not too intelligent, it seems. Haha. To say the least, the ellipticals are a completely different workout from running. I used to run Cross Country so I may sorta kinda maybe slightly might know something. Our team was state champs :] Either way, running outside and on a treadmill will make a difference, but you're not going to wreck yourself using a treadmill. You can continue using it, but I do suggest occassionally switching to some outdoors running to give your legs a different workout. So keep it up.

On that note, running is one of the BEST things for your body. I don't know what those people are smoking, but it's very good for your heart. Way more so than an elliptical. Hah![/size]

[size=1]I do a lot of treadmill running. I have this awesome treadmill (my mum's) that lets you do all these programmes and shows you the distance, calories burned, time, your pulse... everything. So I do about fifty calories each time I'm on it (and if you're sprinting it takes about 10 minutes or so) and go on it a couple of times a day.

I also do stomach crunches and lift encyclopedias in a thick bag because I don't have weights =).

And I avoid fast food with a passion![/size]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]And I avoid fast food with a passion![/size][/QUOTE][size=1]How do you avoid something with a passion? Go out of your way pass it on the other side of the street? Punch it in the gut when it tries to say hello to you? Diss it in the locker room?

At best, I avoid things passively.[/size]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]It bothers me now and again that the contraction for "who are" looks very very close to the word whore.[/FONT][/QUOTE][size=1]A beautifully illustrated example of the power of a correctly placed apostrophe.[/size]

[quote name='Sara'][size=1]How do you avoid something with a passion? Go out of your way pass it on the other side of the street? Punch it in the gut when it tries to say hello to you? Diss it in the locker room?

At best, I avoid things passively.[/size][/QUOTE]

[size=1]No I just make a big deal out of it when people go there. And kick empty McDonald's bags down the street.[/size]

[color=deeppink]Next Tuesday, the math department is having a cookout. All of the math majors will be there, and there will be free food and (presumably math-related) games for everyone.

I intend to go, but everybody I know is refusing to go with me on account of the word "math." I really don't want to go alone, because there's something about being the friendless guy in the middle of a bunch of math nerds that would really make me feel like I've hit rock bottom socially.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Next Tuesday, the math department is having a cookout. All of the math majors will be there, and there will be free food and (presumably math-related) games for everyone.

I intend to go, but everybody I know is refusing to go with me on account of the word "math." I really don't want to go alone, because there's something about being the friendless guy in the middle of a bunch of math nerds that would really make me feel like I've hit rock bottom socially.[/color][/QUOTE][size=1]Some of my best friends are math nerds.

Go. Have fun.

[spoiler]They're more scared of you than you are of them.[/spoiler][/size]

[quote name='chibi-master']I'm so happy! I hate doing push-ups in Karate since I stink at them, so I've been working especially hard on them and the hard work has finally paid off! Today in gym we did some sort of fitness state test thing I guess. We were on a mat in push-up position (on toes, no knees) and had to do push-ups for 60 seconds. Even worse, the partner had to put their fist down under the push-up person's chest. The push-up person had to go down far enough that they touched the fist with their chest. The gym teacher said that 22 push-ups was considered the good score on this. And you know what I got? [B][I][U]51 push-ups![/U][/I][/B] That's more than double the good score! Huzzah for hard work![/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"] Ok, but try 40 bumbell pushups with 65 pound weights! Yeah, i'm a beast. Please, no applaues.:box:[/COLOR]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Next Tuesday, the math department is having a cookout. All of the math majors will be there, and there will be free food and (presumably math-related) games for everyone.

I intend to go, but everybody I know is refusing to go with me on account of the word "math." I really don't want to go alone, because there's something about being the friendless guy in the middle of a bunch of math nerds that would really make me feel like I've hit rock bottom socially.[/color][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Math nerds are the best, no lie.[/font]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]On a completely unrelated note, I could really use a hug right now.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

*snuggles you* There you go!:catgirl:

On another unrelated note, my upper body is aching from the push-ups, and my lower body is aching from track practice today. Meaning, EVERYTHING IS SORE!!!:animecry: