OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Kenso'][COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]It was not. I was at Castles & Coasters in Phoenix, and the coaster was called the Patriot. It was very, very unnerving. The other one was the Desert Storm (if I remember correctly), and I still want to check it out again.

On a random side note related to that trip....I apparently SUCK at miniature golf. And I should never listen to my mom on making a shot.
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Say what?! Are you serious? Lol. I've been to Castles N' Coasters as a kid, in Phoenix. I miss it there. :([/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial"]I am wondering how in the hell I am going to be able to do an acoustic indie rock cover of "Jai Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire!

I also just found out that Gogol Bordello is coming to my favorite venue seven days after my birthday, and I am really thinking about going since I haven't been to a concert in a really really long time and it's a really fun band. Wheeee.[/FONT]

[quote name='Clurr'][FONT="Arial"]I am wondering how in the hell I am going to be able to do an acoustic indie rock cover of "Jai Ho" from Slumdog Millionaire!
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Too many people are obsessed with this song.

Also I just want to proclaim my love for Pinkberry/Yoforia/Juicy Green. [/font]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]So 2 and a half hours of laying in bed doing nothing last night. I hate insomnia.
[/color][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Sometimes I get a bit like this, where I'm really tired... but my body just refuses to let me sleep. It's horribly frustrating, especially when I have to be on the ball at work the next day!

Do you have anything you can do that helps? Reading, for instance?

Sometimes if I physically get up, sit in another room and read... that helps a bit. But I guess actual insomnia is more difficult to deal with (I think my sleep issues are more to do with anxiety than anything else).

On a totally unrelated note, I loaded my sister's iPod stuff onto my computer the other day (she has seemingly billions of songs - far more than me). And I've been going through and picking out stuff I want. Most of it I've junked, but there are some real gems in there.

I'm finding a few tracks by Deftones that I really adore. Oddly enough I've only ever owned one of their tracks before and while I liked it, I never really thought of investigating their stuff further. Weird.

Also I'm warming to Oracular Spectacular. I had only liked a few tracks, but now I'm really loving the entire album. Shame I missed MGMT when they were in Melbourne.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Do you have anything you can do that helps? Reading, for instance?[/font][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]There are things that help, but except for skipping an entire night's sleep nothing seems to get me below a half hour. If I down a glass each of warm milk and warm chamomile and sleep with a heating pad, I can pretty consistently stick to the half hour time.

Doing anything productive (like reading) doesn't really work. The act of standing and walking back to bed is enough to wake me right back up and I'm back at square one. Even if I read in bed, the act of putting the book up, turning off the light and sliding down under the covers is enough to screw me over.

It can get pretty frustrating when I'm trying to go to sleep, but it never seems nearly as bad the next morning. It may take a while, but I [i]always[/i] have a restful sleep.[/color]

A bit off topic but I College fall book for class schedules yesterday. After going through Pre-Calculus and Trigonometry in one class, the college decided to split the class into two classes. Also what most upsetting I now have to go backwards and take College Algebra to get into my Statistic Math class. I'm seriously debating if I should even take a math course next semester. I don't even want to look to see if they have my other course I need. I getting kind of tired of taking one course and then have to backtrack to take another.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Man, I love brownies. Brownies are so good. Brownies are my favorite. Not even the special kind either.

Woodworth makes these [I]fantastic[/I] brownies. I always put more powdered sugar on top. Man, I think I love powdered sugar more than I love brownies!

Life is so good.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1]I keep trying to break up with my beau, and he's not listening. This will be the third time in three consecutive days. I'm sick of feeling like I'm the bad guy because I don't want to be in the relationship. Why won't some people take 'no' for an answer?

Bleh.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]I keep trying to break up with my beau, and he's not listening. This will be the third time in three consecutive days. I'm sick of feeling like I'm the bad guy because I don't want to be in the relationship. Why won't some people take 'no' for an answer?

Bleh.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

Beat him with a fried egg. Then maybe HE'LL be the one wanting to end it!:animesmil

[quote name='chibi-master']Beat him with a fried egg. Then maybe HE'LL be the one wanting to end it!:animesmil[/QUOTE][size=1]This is the kind of hard-hitting advice that has kept me on OB for 9 years. Thank you.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='chibi-master']Beat him with a fried egg. Then maybe HE'LL be the one wanting to end it!:animesmil[/quote]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well, darn. Here I was thinking a raw egg might be a better idea. Though I'd advise throwing that, so as to be away from the sticky blast radius.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Kenso'][COLOR=SeaGreen][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well, darn. Here I was thinking a raw egg might be a better idea. Though I'd advise throwing that, so as to be away from the sticky blast radius.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

No, no, no! While the RAW egg would be sticky, the FRIED egg would be hot! Much more damage including grease stains!

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]I keep trying to break up with my beau, and he's not listening. This will be the third time in three consecutive days. I'm sick of feeling like I'm the bad guy because I don't want to be in the relationship. Why won't some people take 'no' for an answer?

Bleh.[/size][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]If he's playing you like the bad guy, that's his problem.

Let your yes be yes, and your no be no.[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']Okay, I just saw a commercial for a movie called "Zombie Strippers". People are REALLY getting desperate to shove gore and sex appeal into one, big, erotic package.[/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]The movie is, in fact, a satire.

It is a tongue-in-cheek black comedy that makes fun of movies that actually are desperate to shove gore and sex appeal into one big, erotic package.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Also I think I just realised that [COLOR=DarkRed]taperson[/COLOR]'s banner is an Imogen Heap theme. I happen to like that song rather much.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]It isn't ;)

Have you ever seen the movie Garden State? They're the last lines:[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Teal"][B]Andrew:[/B] Remember that idea I had, about working stuff out on my own, and then finding you once I worked stuff out?
[B]Sam:[/B] The ellipsis?
[B]Andrew:[/B] Yeah, the ellipsis, it's dumb. It's dumb. It's an awful idea. I'm not gonna do it, okay? Cause like you said, this is it. This is life. And I'm in love with you... I think that's the only thing I've ever really been sure of in my entire life. And I'm really messed up right now, and I got a whole lot of stuff I have to work out, but I don't want to waste any more of my life without you in it. And I think I can do this. I mean, I want to. I have to, right?
[B]Sam:[/B] Yeah. Yes!
[B]Andrew:[/B] So what do we do? What do we do? [/COLOR][/SIZE]