OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE="1"']Sleep deprivation over a 72 hour period drastically increases one's desire to kill loud, dirty housemates.[/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]On a related note, prolonged living on the same floor of a concentrated mass of collegiate societal rejects who have parties at two, fights at four, crap in shower stalls, and pull fire alarms in the middle of the night also tends to increase murderous desires.

Shall we form a coalition?[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]On a related note, prolonged living on the same floor of a concentrated mass of collegiate societal rejects who have parties at two, fights at four, crap in shower stalls, and pull fire alarms in the middle of the night also tends to increase murderous desires.

Shall we form a coalition?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Only if I can join. My git of a supervisor needs to be taken down a peg or two. Let me tell ya'll working in an alzheimers dimensia facility full time with incompetent management and co-workers who run to said management at the drop of a hat makes one wish to throw herself on the nearby interstate.[/color][/font][/size]

[QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]On a related note, prolonged living on the same floor of a concentrated mass of collegiate societal rejects who have parties at two, fights at four, crap in shower stalls, and pull fire alarms in the middle of the night also tends to increase murderous desires.

Shall we form a coalition?[/FONT][/QUOTE]Sounds like a good argument for living in an apartment instead. Still get the stupid ones, just in lower numbers, at least within your living space that is. =P

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Sounds like a good argument for living in an apartment instead. Still get the stupid ones, just in lower numbers, at least within your living space that is. =P[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]It's no use where ever you go to live. Stupid and annoying spreads fast and it can live in a variety of climates, living spaces and social classes.

Now for more off topic: What does MP stand for in the British and Canadian government? I know that in the military it's Military Police, but that doesn't make much sense in the format I read it in.[/color][/font][/size]

[FONT=Arial]Oh, man, [COLOR=DarkRed]Gavin[/COLOR], that's some real fine craftsmanship that just got dredged up in the Theater down there. Man, I think I wrote like that when I was what, six?

I'm serious. I have this little journal thing filed away so I can remember where I started. Now we can see the same of you. Except you were significantly older.

And criminy, that [I]font[/I] color!

:p[/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]MP stands for Member of Parliament.

An MP is the equivalent to your Congressman, pretty much. In Australia, MPs reside in the House of Representatives.

The upper house here is called the Senate. So those members tend to just be called Senators rather than MPs (although I think "MP" is just sort of a catch-all term).

Where in Britain you have the House of Commons (lower house) and House of Lords (upper house).[/font]

[QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]Oh, man, [COLOR=DarkRed]Gavin[/COLOR], that's some real fine craftsmanship that just got dredged up in the Theater down there. Man, I think I wrote like that when I was what, six?

I'm serious. I have this little journal thing filed away so I can remember where I started. Now we can see the same of you. Except you were significantly older.

And criminy, that [I]font[/I] color!

:p[/FONT][/QUOTE]Wait... wut?

[I][SIZE="1"]*goes to look*[/SIZE][/I]

[URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=8215"]Brolly's Return (sign up)[/URL]

[I][SIZE="1"]*proceeds to die laughing* [/SIZE][/I]

:D

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]MP stands for Member of Parliament.

An MP is the equivalent to your Congressman, pretty much. In Australia, MPs reside in the House of Representatives.

The upper house here is called the Senate. So those members tend to just be called Senators rather than MPs (although I think "MP" is just sort of a catch-all term).

Where in Britain you have the House of Commons (lower house) and House of Lords (upper house).[/font][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Okay thanks for that. The term is just new to me. ( I read it in a WW2 day by day book I borrowed from a resident) I know the whole thing about Parliment (My boyfriend is Canadian) especially with Harper shutting down the Canadian Parliment after the no confidence vote and trying to keep his job even though he has no power.

Anyways in Canada they do like the British (quite fitting when you've only been independant from that country for 90 years and Queen Elizabeth II is still the Queen) and they have the house of Commons. Not sure on the house of Lords.

Again thanks....

So now what do I talk about?[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]
So now what do I talk about?[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] My friend who just got into Princeton, Dartmouth, UPenn, and Brown and is now bemoaning to me the difficulty of choosing between them. :rolleyes:[/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] My friend who just got into Princeton, Dartmouth, UPenn, and Brown and is now bemoaning to me the difficulty of choosing between them. :rolleyes:[/font][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Tell your friend Go with UPenn. At least they have a basketball team that people talk about. Or maybe he/she can just do eenie meenie minie moe?

Or if you can't tell your friend any of that, just kick him in the butt and walk off laughing.:catgirl:

I'm trying to be all adult and not eat ice cream for breakfast. I should save it until I have an empanada for lunch- even if I have to deep fry the dang thing! I don't really like fried food that much.

And one of the cooks at work is trying to make up for cooking 'baby cows' Odd eh?[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Wait what ?

*Goes to look*

Oh God damn it...Well there's seven years of dignity gone straight out the window...[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Dignity? [i]You[/i]?

*snickers*[/color]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]Wait what ?

*Goes to look*

Oh God damn it...Well there's seven years of dignity gone straight out the window...[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Nice save, though. :p

...I love freaking out over a history test and it winds up being relatively easy. x_X

Oh well. 'least it's over with.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Dignity? [i]You[/i]?

*snickers*[/color][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"]
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25948[/IMG][/CENTER]

Otakupedia is so handy sometimes. :p[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]
[CENTER]
[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25948[/IMG][/CENTER]

Otakupedia is so handy sometimes. :p[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I'm sorry, but what on earth could be more dignified than a ninja space cop?[/color]

I probably won't be on all next week seeing as my family is dragging me to Florida. Yes, dragging. I'm scared of flying in airplanes because of my deathly fear of crashing. See, I wouldn't mind death, I'd just like to avoid pain. And death via crashing and burning is sure to be painful. So if I haven't posted by next Saturday or Sunday or so, then I'm probably dead.:animecry: I'LL MISS YOU GUYS!!!

[quote name='chibi-master']I probably won't be on all next week seeing as my family is dragging me to Florida. Yes, dragging. I'm scared of flying in airplanes because of my deathly fear of crashing. See, I wouldn't mind death, I'd just like to avoid pain. And death via crashing and burning is sure to be painful. So if I haven't posted by next Saturday or Sunday or so, then I'm probably dead.:animecry: I'LL MISS YOU GUYS!!![/QUOTE]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Good riddance. j/k.

Actually, planes are not so bad after you've done your first flight, at least that's how it was for me. I've gotten over my fear of planes last year so I know the feeling. I'd gladly go on another plane ride if the opportunity comes around. One thing though. Your ears are going to continuously clog and pop.. It can get pretty annoying, especially if you're listening to music.[/FONT]

[quote name='Magus'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Good riddance. j/k.

Actually, planes are not so bad after you've done your first flight, at least that's how it was for me. I've gotten over my fear of planes last year so I know the feeling. I'd gladly go on another plane ride if the opportunity comes around. One thing though. Your ears are going to continuously clog and pop.. It can get pretty annoying, especially if you're listening to music.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

LIES! I've been on a couple flights before. I still hate those flying metal death-traps!:animedepr

[quote name='chibi-master']LIES! I've been on a couple flights before. I still hate those flying metal death-traps!:animedepr[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Ooh... Lol. Guess it's just me that got used to flying after my first flight. Have you been watching Final Destination by any chance? LOL. That sort of triggered it for me haha.[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']What? No. WHY?! WHAT'S IT ABOUT?! HUH?! HUH?! HMMM?!?!?! O_O[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Death, more or less. Just thought you might've got your fear from watching that movie.. heh[/FONT]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Well, if my mom can get over planes I'm sure you can Chibi, my mom is in her early forties and I managed to get her on one to come up and see me. lol. Of corse she was white as a ghost when she got off, turbulence and all... lol. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Knuckles' Girl'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]Well, if my mom can get over planes I'm sure you can Chibi, my mom is in her early forties and I managed to get her on one to come up and see me. lol. Of corse she was white as a ghost when she got off, turbulence and all... lol. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]My mother laughs at your mother. Well she would if she knew her. My mom flies for a living. She trains peopel from home on some computer program then she flies to where ever she has to train live. Right now she's in Lubbock. It was really nice when I was living in Killeen and she had to train in Austin because she'd stay with me. Maybe she can do that when I move out of state again.

Chibi #2 planes aren't that bad. I've already told you you're more likely to crash in a car than in a plane. *removing what she just typed since it could be inappropriate*

That said, people have seriously got to stop pooping at work! I did two showers tonight because of that![/color][/font][/size]