OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Yum! I friggin' love S'mores pop tarts and V8 Fusion in Strawberry banana. Not together though... Hmm.... Gonna start a thread because of my sugar high.

Okay so we have a new nurse at my full time job, but she's like a clone of our Executive director which is not a good thing. Actually a co-worker of mine said she's a pompous ***** and then another co-worker said that between the new nurse and the ED they don't even have one braincell to share. Because let's just face it- she's not nice she's obnoxious- but sadly it's not illegal in the state of New York to be obnoxious and create a hostile work environment.

Okay now that's done, more pictures. Because I don't know sometimes pictures create conversation:

[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/Chibi_horsewoman/Funny%20pictures/darthfanboys.jpg[/IMG]

What kind of conversation does this start?[/color][/font][/size]

[COLOR="Purple"]That picture.........it scares me, yet reminds me of this dream I had last night. It's weird because I haven't seen Saw V recently but for some reason I had a dream about it mixed with some Mortal Kombat Armageddon stuff......and my grandaunt....it was really weird. So that has taught me to play better video games after playing extremely violent ones. :animedepr Ah, today I found out that after freaking out about a midterm for english class yesterday today my teacher decided for us to scrap it alltogether. And I spent all the time trying to make sense of how the questions were situated!:animeangr I wonder if I'll get points for completion though. Picture of the day:[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/SlaveSidewinder/Funny%20Pics/Cats/funny-pictures-cat-eyes-camera-flas.jpg[/IMG]
[COLOR="purple"]Reminds me of Quarantine......which was a real dissapointment for me. [/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]I don't want to go to history. I don't want to go to history. I don't want to go to history. I don't want to go to history.

I reeeeeaaaally don't want to go to history.

It's boring, I can't ever remember anything, and I'm fairly certain my instructor hates me.

I kinda wanna skip class, but I'd feel bad if I did...ugh, I don't want to go. And it starts in five minutes and adfhjgadhjgfjsdfhgsdfj save me[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]I don't want to go to history. I don't want to go to history. I don't want to go to history. I don't want to go to history.

I reeeeeaaaally don't want to go to history.

It's boring, I can't ever remember anything, and I'm fairly certain my instructor hates me.

I kinda wanna skip class, but I'd feel bad if I did...ugh, I don't want to go. And it starts in five minutes and adfhjgadhjgfjsdfhgsdfj save me[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I'll go for you Sangome. I love history. Which version is it? World? US? Canadian? European? I could totally go for a history class right now.

Oh look! The news is on![/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]There's this one ride at the Georgia Six Flags (The Ninja) that is infamous for making your head shake side to side so you end up hitting it on the bars, so whenever I strain my shoulder/neck muscles to keep it still they get pretty sore. [/font][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"]
Six Flags Over Georgia! Whoo!

The Ninja sucks. You wait in line for an ungodly long time for a ride that is about a third of the length of decent rides (Superman, Batman, Scorcher, Goliath, etc) and you dismount with a headache and a contorted backbone.

The Goliath is my favorite. I also love the DeJaVu, but I once got stuck on it for over an hour and a half because of 'technical difficulties'. Needless to say, as awesome as it is, I never intend to ride it again.

I also got stuck on those stupid kiddie swings once, but they're always breaking down.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Have you felt discomfort afterwards because the whole time you were trying to hold your head still to avoid it moving side to side?[/font][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]The first roller coaster I've ever ridden was like that, though I wasn't exactly prepared to keep my head in place and it wound up whipping all over the place. It wasn't enjoyable and I refused to ride another one for years.

It was a hanging coaster, though. The kind where your feet dangle. I've never had any problems with the more traditional "sit down in a car" types. Although the backwards Racer and King's Island is a little uncomfortable...

Oh, but **** stand up coasters. Those things are terrifying and can't be comfortable. I refuse to ride them.[/color]

[color=#9933cc]I actually enjoy history class, and I think it's important to know where we came from, to know where we're going (and so we don't make the same mistakes).

That said, the way they teach history in some schools and countries is ridiculous. I know people from Vietnam who told me history is taught this way:
You have to know names and memorize dates of when everything happened. They ask you how many soldiers from each side were at a battle, how many died, how many casualties were there, why the one side lost/won and why it's important, and then, finally, squeezed in at the bottom, what the political implications were.

That kind of history teaching is kind of ridiculous.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]
Oh, but **** stand up coasters. Those things are terrifying and can't be comfortable. I refuse to ride them.[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]The only stand up rollercoaster I've seen is at Canada's Wonderland near Toronto and when I was there I was too short so I couldn't ride it.

I think they have something like that now at Darien Lake, but I haven't been there for about four years. I hope to go this summer though. I think if I have to I will drag my friends on the coasters, or just go with my sister-in-law. I love roller coasters.

To James:

I've never had the tension pains you mention after riding a roller coaster, but I have learned to to try and hold my head still because my head always gets slammed around and I get my poor ears pounded :animecry:[/color][/font][/size]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Roller coasters.... The last time I've been on a roller coaster was last year, and that was at Michigan Adventure... (Boring place. Mainly for those who likes swimming.) But before that it was roughly around 6-9 years since I've been on any type of roller coaster.

I've never had any type of tension pains after riding them. Nerdsy brought up the whole hanging coasters... If I ever decide to go back to cedar point or six flags (mainly six flags though), I'd be very cautious of them hanging coasters seeing how those're the ones that I've been hearing about with all the decapitations and stuff.

The only stand up coaster I've been on was the Mantis. While it wasn't as bad as I originally thought it would be. It was a bit uncomfortable though. It's suppose to be a standup coaster, but there's this "seat" there that's between your legs while your standing... I never did understand the point of that thing.

I don't really do roller coasters too much nowdays though. After watching Final Destination 3, I've become somewhat insecure about them haha. That, and I'm not much of a thrill seeker anymore.[/FONT]

[quote name='Magus'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I'm a black person, and I'd never be caught wearing those shoes lol. Don't really like the style of it nor the colors..
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]
[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f272/Chibi_horsewoman/Funny%20pictures/hatetheshoes-1.jpg[/IMG]

YOu know what? I had to do that.[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms]OH, haters to the left. NGL, only a few people can pull them off, don't be jealous. ;)

lol I confuse people with the way I dress. I'm the type of person that can pull off any type of clothing (except petite), which I really like. [/font]

[quote name='sakurasuka'][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"]
Six Flags Over Georgia! Whoo!

The Ninja sucks. You wait in line for an ungodly long time for a ride that is about a third of the length of decent rides (Superman, Batman, Scorcher, Goliath, etc) and you dismount with a headache and a contorted backbone.

The Goliath is my favorite. I also love the DeJaVu, but I once got stuck on it for over an hour and a half because of 'technical difficulties'. Needless to say, as awesome as it is, I never intend to ride it again.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] I don't even bother with the Ninja anymore. I'VE NEVER RIDDEN DEJAVU BECAUSE IT IS ALWAYS BROKEN WHEN I'M THERE. And I want to so badly. But the Goliath is my favorite, too. At one point there was no one at the park so my friend and I just kept sitting on the ride and went through it like 4 times. [/font]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]I'll go for you Sangome. I love history. Which version is it? World? US? Canadian? European? I could totally go for a history class right now.[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]US history. I'm good at stuff from the 60's onward [and some stuff before that], but the stuff we're going over now [the 17/1800s] I just cannot remember to save my life.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Roxie Faye'][color=#9933cc]That said, the way they teach history in some schools and countries is ridiculous. I know people from Vietnam who told me history is taught this way:
You have to know names and memorize dates of when everything happened. They ask you how many soldiers from each side were at a battle, how many died, how many casualties were there, why the one side lost/won and why it's important, and then, finally, squeezed in at the bottom, what the political implications were.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Luckily for me, I've not had that problem. o_O My state's good for one thing, I guess.

And I did go to the class. And we actually got out early. So not much was lost. :catgirl:[/SIZE]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]OH, haters to the left. NGL, only a few people can pull them off, don't be jealous. ;)[/font][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Haha, the shoes gotta look good first in order for me to be jealous :p. I will admit that girls can make any shoe look good though, since girls can pull the bright color look quite nicely. And shoes made for women are always better looking than male shoes...[/FONT]

[quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']So I'm going to have to say that you don't have to be a cool black person to dance your *** off.[/QUOTE]

Ah, nice try, but already been said. You FAIL! *pats yer head* Oh, well...

Ah, I like eating DoubleMint gum...so soft and chewy and refreshing... I want to take a nap...

[quote name='chibi-master']Ah, nice try, but already been said. You FAIL! *pats yer head* Oh, well...[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Where? Certainly not in this thread.

Unless you are counting outside the confines of the thread, in which case good luck finding [i]anything[/i] coherent that hasn't already been said.[/color]

[size=1]So the only way I can afford to get my alternator repaired is to replace it by myself. Since I have almost no experience in automotive repair this should be... interesting, to say the least.

Please don't post stupid cat photos in this thread. There is a separate thread in this forum for that crap.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE="1"']Times New Roman is the ugliest font in existence, doubly so when one if forced to do a project entirely in said font.[/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]So write the project in Calibri, and then convert right before you print so you don't have to look at it the whole freaking time.

'Cause I agree. It's terrible.

[quote name='Shy][SIZE=1']Please don't post stupid cat photos in this thread. There is a separate thread in this forum for that crap.[/SIZE][/quote]
Man, why you gotta be such a hater?[/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Lunox, you could totally pull off the cool Asian girl look - you must get those shoes. :catgirl:

Now I want something similar. Bah.

Anyway yeah about the rollercoaster thing...this one was a bit of a pain, because even when your head is pressed back against the seat, it still moves left and right on turns. And since you don't have much room, I think you probably risk bashing it against those big plastic brace things that hold you in. It's lose lose!

Plus I think it's sort of an involuntary thing anyway - I wasn't even consciously thinking about it at the time. I just felt very sore afterwards.

I would love to go to a theme park in America... we just have nothing like it here. Really these days the only theme parks are in Queensland and none of them are terribly great. There used to be a few more in Sydney and Melbourne but those have long-since shut down.

There was a proposal to turn the Werribee Zoo (basically it's an open-range safari type zoo) into a theme park (kind of like Sea World in Queensland). This was really shouted down by a lot of people because they were worried about the welfare of the animals.

But the owners of the proposed theme park would be the same people who own Sea World. And let me tell you... a large amount of the money they make from admissions up there goes directly into marine research and rehabilitation for injured marine animals. So I was disappointed that the Werribee Zoo/theme park idea was rejected so quickly.

There's a little insight into recent goings-on here in Australia. Haha. I've sometimes thought of making an Australia blog on theOtaku, which would just include every day stuff about living here. I'm not sure how interesting that'd be though.[/font]

[size=1]So I gave up on fixing my car. If I wait until payday I should be able to afford it without too much trouble... hopefully. Ergh.

Lunox what the heck are those things? Owls? Demons!?

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy][size=1]Please don't post stupid cat photos in this thread. There is a separate thread in this forum for that crap.[/size][/QUOTE]O rly? I seem to recall a certain disclaimer at the beginning.[QUOTE=Shy][size=1] [b]There is no topic, so therefore this thread can never go off-topic.[/b'][/size][/quote]It's not off topic so suck it up Shy. :p

I have to say I'm in agreement with those who would never be caught wearing those shoes. Those colors together just look hideous to me. lol

[size=1][color=indigo]OMG those owls are F---ING scary!! I [b]hate[/b] owls!! *runs away to hide somewhere*

[b]James[/b]- The Superman? I didn't find that one all that great...then again, I waited in line for that ride nearly 2 1/2 hours after I had already taken a ride on The Batman (which was way cool) so Superman was kinda a flop for me.

There is a roller coaster back home in Oklahoma's Frontier City that really messed me up. I think it's called "The Diamond Back". It launches you forward, you go through a few loops, then it stops. A few seconds pause, and then it slingshots you backwards through the loops to the beginning.

Now that...really flipping gives you bushwhack!

[b]Ace[/b]- Your banner and avi set rocks! (pun intended, hehe) Toph is my favorite character! She is amazing.

I wish I could be an Earthbender :([/size][/color]