OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Sangome' date='03 October 2010 - 02:24 PM' timestamp='1286130255' post='700874']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]*throws confetti*

And I'm hungry. :whatever: [/font][/color]
[/quote]
Birthday cake, perhaps?

[quote name='Allamorph' date='03 October 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1286160494' post='700881']
[i][b][size="6"]

[url="http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2243176"]OH DEAR LORD BEES[/url][/size][/b][/i]
[/quote]
My thoughts exactly. Except I can't have a bonfire because they only arrive one at a time. At the most, I can use a candle. But I have a horrible fear that the bee will catch on fire and continue to buzz around, effectively lighting all my stuff on fire as well.

[quote name='Zombie_Nosh' date='05 October 2010 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1286300355' post='700915']
Backstory, please.
[/quote]

[color=deeppink]Basically, a[sup]n[/sup] can be anything we want it to be based on how we define the operation; if we say "we're working under addition!," it becomes a added n times. It just happens that multiplication is the default for people who don't have to do higher math. I don't know why.[/color]

thus[color="#000000"] 1[sup]3[/sup] c[/color]an mean 1 + 1 +1 or 1 x 1 x 1... or anything i guess... makes sense but i still don't like it.

I got a strap for my Bass! now i can look like i am participating in band practice...

[quote name='Nerdsy' date='06 October 2010 - 06:45 AM' timestamp='1286343910' post='700925']
[color=deeppink]Basically, a[sup]n[/sup] can be anything we want it to be based on how we define the operation; if we say "we're working under addition!," it becomes a added n times. It just happens that multiplication is the default for people who don't have to do higher math. I don't know why.[/color]
[/quote]

My entire life is a lie... Much like the cake.

[quote name='The Professor' date='06 October 2010 - 05:11 AM' timestamp='1286359886' post='700927']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]There needs to be a way to specify what method you're working with in those cases. I'm never going to bother with that level, how do I know Professor Layton's never gonna spring that trap on me? All the other maths tell you how to solve them. It's simply unfair.[/font]
[/quote]

[color=deeppink]There's a really simple way to specify, and that's just to say what you're doing.

Like, I would say "We say a*b=a+b," making a[sup]2[/sup]=a+a.

And if Layton were to try redefining the default binary operation without telling me, I would hunt down Akihiro Hino and stab him.[/color]

[quote name='CaNz' date='06 October 2010 - 05:29 AM' timestamp='1286357349' post='700926']
thus[color="#000000"] 1[sup]3[/sup] c[/color]an mean 1 + 1 +1 or 1 x 1 x 1... or anything i guess... makes sense but i still don't like it.

[/quote]

1[sup]3[/sup].... Is that really how type in exponents the computer? I always had to use the [b]^[/b] sign.

[quote name='Phenom' date='06 October 2010 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1286401733' post='700937']
1[sup]3[/sup].... Is that really how type in exponents the computer? I always had to use the [b]^[/b] sign.
[/quote]

i just copied Nerdsy... i thought there was a symbol for it somewhere but i was too lazy to look it up... and i thought of using the calculator ^ method but i didnt think anyone would understand it, even though i think those same Texas Instrument graphing calculators are used in every school in the USA.

it is a handy tool though[sup] dosent serve a lot of purposes though[sub] but it can make for odd looking dialogues![/sub][/sup][sub]especially with the[u][s] [/s][/u][i][u][s]font[/s][/u] styles[b] added[sup].[/sup][/b][/i][/sub][sup]
[/sup][sup]
[/sup]

I'm so cold. It's only the first week of October and I'm so frigging cold. My hands are like disfigured ice claws. My five quilts are not helping.

Also, I got my first detention of the year today, but I'm serving the detention tomorrow because I was feeding the homeless after school. I kid you not. Hmmm... Five weeks of school before I got my first detention... I think I did rather well.

did they put a sign up like at the zoo?

well... the 1[sup]st[/sup] time i got suspended from school was because i got highlights in my hair. apparently God doesn't like that, because my catholic school principle refused to allow me back in until my hair was dyed a normal color.

you're going down a dangerous path! you might think detention is like the breakfast club right now.... but eventually the fun wears out.

the real fun is when you ditch school, you get detention, then ditch that, and you get suspended, and then you don't have to ditch at all! Edited by CaNz

[quote name='CaNz' date='07 October 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1286488032' post='700971']
you're going down a dangerous path! you might think detention is like the breakfast club right now.... but eventually the fun wears out.
[/quote]
This wasn't my first detention ever, bro. I [i]did[/i] frequent it all last year. The Breakfast Club is but a silly dream for detention-goers of my school. Also, the monitor ladies all look EXACTLY ALIKE. That's a bit creepy.

[quote name='chibi-master' date='07 October 2010 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1286501121' post='700977']
This wasn't my first detention ever, bro.
[/quote]
GASP!
my sweet little sis is turning into a monster before my eyes!

took you long enough...

[quote name='chibi-master' date='07 October 2010 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1286501121' post='700977']
This wasn't my first detention ever, bro. I [i]did[/i] frequent it all last year. [/quote]
[font="Century Gothic"]oO I've never been in detention at all. [/font]

This wasn't my first detention ever, bro. I [i]did[/i] frequent it all last year. The Breakfast Club is but a silly dream for detention-goers of my school. Also, the monitor ladies all look EXACTLY ALIKE. That's a bit creepy.
[/quote]
[font="Comic Sans MS"][IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/pic.jpg[/IMG]
Curse my ravishing visage! Randall, tell that plastic surgeon he'll never work in this town again![/font]

[quote name='The Professor' date='08 October 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1286585758' post='701004']
[font="Comic Sans MS"][IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/pic.jpg[/IMG]
Curse my ravishing visage! Randall, tell that plastic surgeon he'll never work in this town again![/font]
[/quote]
Uhm... No. Think like so: A gaggle of 50+ women. All have short, blonde hair of the same shade and all of them have a body build like a pear. You have just imagined all 7 of the hall monitors/detention cronies.