OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Phenom' date='11 September 2010 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1284212265' post='700409']
So my little 2 week vacation comes to an end Monday, where I start my final quarter and then I graduate. I think I'm gonna try to aim for a couple more A's, although, it's going to be rather difficulty seeing how my Monday class is Microeconomics and there's 2 things wrong with that. 1.) I tend to be rather average when it comes to general education classes.. (seriously. All my grades were C+'s in those classes except for Problem Solving which I got a B+) 2.) I'm nowhere near business material nor do I really care about it.

Jumping back and forth thinking about what games I want to buy for my ps2... (I really need to upgrade to a ps3 someday)
[/quote]

[b]Early congratulations on your graduation! :biggrin: I'm actually going to take a language class for once myself (I missed out on languages of any kind except English of course. I don't know how. :eyebrow: ) I'm also going to try to get A's in my classes. Why? [i]Because an anime scared me away forever from doing anything 50/50[/i]... :wacko:

What kind of games do you have right now? I'm stuck with my PS2 and I just found a lot of fun games of different genres so I can probably recommend something for you to get.[/b] Edited by Lilt

I once had quite a few games, but right now I only have about 5. (Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3, Devil May Cry 3, God of War 2 and Okami)

I had quite a good chuckle today.

[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a102/Ikaanu/MrPopo.jpg[/img]

Should've left DBZ alone when it ended. Edited by Phenom

[b]Well, right away I think you would like the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex It's a pretty good third person shooter/action game. I'm not even a fan of the TV series and I still liked it. But if you really don't like Ghost in the Shell, there's Oni too. It's the same kind of game but with an original character and more fighting moves. I think the story is forgettable for both of them though and they're a bit short. What kind of games do you usually like? Anything besides third person?

And what happened to Mr. Popo? :blink: Why is he blue? (He's the only thing I remember from DBZ actually. XD)

I had a good giggle today too. I don't know why, but I never watched this show. Now I want to after seeing this:[/b]
[center]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFBZBAbbKt8[/media][/center] Edited by Lilt

Ghost in the Shell eh. Big fan of the series (it's my #1) but I hear the game itself was between below average to average. I think you're the first person I heard to say something positive about it lol. I think I've heard of Oni before. I gotta read about it someday.

Mr. Popo is blue because he's been edited on CW. Apparently they started something called Toonzai... I don't know much about it outside of it being equivalent to 4Kids. (They're suppose to air more anime and cartoons on there... "coughs" I will not be watching anything on that channel) I don't have any issues with edits, but that's ridiculous (albeit a bit funny)

Azumanga something... Never watched it either, but that's not my type of series. Edited by Phenom

[quote name='Phenom' date='12 September 2010 - 02:39 AM' timestamp='1284251961' post='700422']
Ghost in the Shell eh. Big fan of the series (it's my #1) but I hear the game itself was between below average to average. I think you're the first person I heard to say something positive about it lol. I think I've heard of Oni before. I gotta read about it someday.

Mr. Popo is blue because he's been edited on CW. Apparently they started something called Toonzai... I don't know much about it outside of it being equivalent to 4Kids. (They're suppose to air more anime and cartoons on there... "coughs" I will not be watching anything on that channel) I don't have any issues with edits, but that's ridiculous (albeit a bit funny)

Azumanga something... Never watched it either, but that's not my type of series.
[/quote]

[b]Well, what I liked about it was I could pick it up and enjoy it without being a fan of the series. (But maybe that's why I liked it? Maybe it didn't do justice to the series?) I was mostly impressed with some of the stuff that you could do, like dodge. Since I've only seen one recent game that allows you to dodge kind of like you could in Ghost in the Shell.

I would pick up Oni first then. It's like Ghost in the Shell but better. It should be pretty cheap now too. What other kind of games do you like to play? RPG? First Person Shooter?

Is that the new Dragonball Z Kai thing? Because if it is, I saw a commercial for that recently. XD They claimed that they had "new" episodes of DBZ coming out in October.

I think it's because it's probably a "slice of life" show if I remember. They're a bit random without much plot. I think it's good filler for a more dramatic anime. Usually I watch something with some drama to it, then switch over to something else for more comedy. Some of the shows like Azumanga get to be too much if you watch them back to back.[/b]

[quote name='Lilt' date='11 September 2010 - 09:16 PM' timestamp='1284254205' post='700423']
[b]I would pick up Oni first then. It's like Ghost in the Shell but better. It should be pretty cheap now too. What other kind of games do you like to play? RPG? First Person Shooter?

Is that the new Dragonball Z Kai thing? Because if it is, I saw a commercial for that recently. XD They claimed that they had "new" episodes of DBZ coming out in October.
[/b]
[/quote]
I can be rather fickle with my games but I do play RPG's but being in school (especially last quarter) I've been trying to dodge them at the moment. Final Fantasy 7 and Dragon Quest 8 have been calling my name and I've been tempted to play them as well. I play FPS's but I tend to only play them for single player and the ones I usually play are Goldeneyey007 (64), Perfect Dark and the Halo games. Fighting games used to be my passion but I tend to only play the Street Fighter and Guilty Gear series now. But you can mainly catch me playing games like Devil May Cry and God of War. I try to get those type of games more often with me being in class and with all the stress that builds up over the course. Those type of games tend to relieve stress/anger for me (along with Dynasty Warriors)

If you have Nicktoons then DBZKai wouldn't be all that new, but yes. As for new episodes, all lies. I've only watched up to where Goku arrived on Namek (I didn't like it) and it's pretty much the same thing except updated colors and filler has been removed.

[quote name='Phenom' date='11 September 2010 - 05:39 PM' timestamp='1284251961' post='700422']Azumanga something... Never watched it either, but that's not my type of series.<br />[/quote]

if you never watched it how can you tell? i personally think its the funniest animation based purly off of its writing and characters. And Lilt wins the internet for posting about it!

i was in a poker tournament on 9/11
i had four matches, and i came in first place once second place once and third place tiwice.... but only first place paid out so i broke even.

[quote name='CaNz' date='12 September 2010 - 03:28 AM' timestamp='1284276534' post='700430']
if you never watched it how can you tell? i personally think its the funniest animation based purly off of its writing and characters.[/quote]
Incase you haven't noticed I'm not into slice-of-life or comedies. It's easy to tell what appeals to oneself. (you look at trailers/previews to tell if you'll like them or not) And because of how shady a person I am, I judge based on looks/artwork and looking at that clip Lilt put up... Yeah, I know I won't like it. Edited by Phenom

I suppose so :). 3:41am. I did happen to get some sleep though. Went to sleep about 9, and woke up about 1-ish.

That's gonna change though since I start classes up again this Monday, although I could probably still hang late since my classes start in the evening. Edited by Phenom

haha, school seems to have that effect on us night owls...
...speaking of owls, i just got back from hooters... my grandpa, my uncle and my gousine went to it on our way back from poker (my uncle and my grandpa actually brought it up and i wasnt about to turn down a free meal and scantly clad women my age.) and i think the two older men might have a problem....

its not that i think they are creepers because i know they are not... but they just care so little about what others precieve of them, that they will do anything they want... such as looking like creepy old men at hooters.

Once in class my professor talked about how there are only around 7 different kinds of stories, and this one guy in my class was like "No, that's not true. I watch some shows that don't have any kind of plot. They're like 'slice-of-life' shows."

I got SO MUCH secondhand embarrassment, seriously, because everyone was looking at him like "WTF" and he had to sit there and name the shows because my professor was genuinely interested.

Not to mention he was wrong anyway.

/csb Edited by eleanor

[quote name='Phenom' date='11 September 2010 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1284251961' post='700422']

Azumanga something... Never watched it either, but that's not my type of series.
[/quote]
Azumanga Daioh?
only watched one episode XD
that manga's better XD
it's funny and random. like Galaxy Angel :3

anyway, i was watching Katekyo Hitman reborn and something Haruka no himitsu (yay for moe XD)

[quote name='mangamaniack21' date='12 September 2010 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1284338129' post='700454']
Azumanga Daioh?
only watched one episode XD
that manga's better XD
[/quote]
the manga is cute, but you cant here how adorable the "cooking is so fun!" song sounds unless you watch the anime.

[quote name='CaNz' date='13 September 2010 - 03:03 AM' timestamp='1284361396' post='700473']
the manga is cute, but you cant here how adorable the "cooking is so fun!" song sounds unless you watch the anime.
[/quote]
oh, you're right :D
i wanted to hug Chiyo, but i started getting annoyed by around the 5th time
oh well, she still gets hugs :D

[quote name='chibi-master' date='12 September 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1284327133' post='700446']Lackadaisy volume 1 book that I ordered came in. *squeeeee~!* :biggrin:
[/quote]
[font="Century Gothic"]:o I didn't know you could actually order it. I've only read a few but I [i]love[/i] that comic. XD[/font]

[quote name='Selene Shri' date='13 September 2010 - 06:43 PM' timestamp='1284417780' post='700485']
[font="Century Gothic"]:o I didn't know you could actually order it. I've only read a few but I [i]love[/i] that comic. XD[/font]
[/quote]
Oh, I love it so~! I like the style, though I get jealous because I can't draw cats.

I found out that asthma and the common cold are not very good mixes for gym class. The teacher is new, so he was freaking out a little when my lips turned a concerning shade of blue. Maybe I should get an emergency inhaler.....

Turns out econ wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Actually had a bit of fun with it. Still not my type of thing but "shrugs"

I'm such an idiot for not sticking with that tv show, Numb3rs. It's a really good show. Edited by Phenom

[quote name='chibi-master' date='13 September 2010 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1284426098' post='700486']
The teacher is new, so he was freaking out a little when my lips turned a concerning shade of blue. Maybe I should get an emergency inhaler.....
[/quote]
dont go dying on me! if you have any asthma other than an minor case why wouldnt you already have an inhaler? (when i was young i had one)

also numb3rs was corney last i watched Magus :P Edited by CaNz

nothing wrong with that... you gotta do somthing when your up all night!

personally i think Naruto is waaaay more corney than numb3rs, and i tend to watch that every thursday at 4am so i really shouldnt have said anything. Edited by CaNz

[quote name='CaNz' date='14 September 2010 - 06:54 AM' timestamp='1284461684' post='700491']
dont go dying on me! if you have any asthma other than an minor case why wouldnt you already have an inhaler? (when i was young i had one)
[/quote]
Because emergency inhalers always taste like rubber gloves.

My AP World History teacher is kind of a negative person... Take yesterday for example:

Teacher: What is the classic question when studying philosophy?
Me: What is the meaning of life?
Teacher: Correct, and I have the answer.
Me: You do?!
Teacher: Yes. THERE IS NO DAMN REASON.
Me: .....

[quote name='CaNz' date='14 September 2010 - 07:23 AM' timestamp='1284463395' post='700494']
nothing wrong with that... you gotta do somthing when your up all night!

personally i think Naruto is waaaay more corney than numb3rs, and i tend to watch that every thursday at 4am so i really shouldnt have said anything.
[/quote]

I don't watch Naruto though (I read it, but watch... I quit). Oh, I woke up at 3am so I'm good :).

[quote name='Phenom' date='14 September 2010 - 04:33 AM' timestamp='1284464007' post='700497']
I don't watch Naruto though
[/quote]
one of the many reasons people respect you more than me! i couldnt handle the lame american voce actors so i stick with the subtitles... but even the japaniese actors sound stupid.... really i am just torturing myself (but if i keep up with naruto it makes every other anime i watch sooo much better!)

and sis... if you want the meaning of life, all you had to do is ask!
[url="http://www.titane.ca/igod/main.html"]http://www.titane.ca/igod/main.html[/url]
just click the enter button and you can speak to the main man himself.