OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Ol' Fighter' date='25 October 2010 - 07:02 AM' timestamp='1287986525' post='701287']
Coffee is what is needed to get this thing I call my body to function properly. If I don't have it you can consider me dead.

Side note. I'm totally downing a cup of [b]hazelnut coffee[/b] as I type this.
[/quote]

That's disgusting.

Coffee. Just coffee without the messy bits, just pure black heaven. That's where it's at. None of this hazelnut and mint crap. Takes the high away.

this coffee talk has gone on far too long... just thinking about it makes me cringe...

this one time, I was at a restaurant and see a great looking chocolate cake. it was behind the glass and and it didn't have a label, so I just asked for a slice of the displayed cake. the waiter knew what i was referring to and brought me this delicious looking cake. I grab my fork and separate a mouthful sized bite and jam it into my mouth only to find that it wasnt really chocolate cake... it was coffee flavored cake.
this was my first encounter with the abomination called chocolate mousse cake. I was very young at the time... but i feel the tantrum I threw was quite appropriate.

[quote name='CaNz' date='25 October 2010 - 07:14 AM' timestamp='1288005277' post='701291']
this coffee talk has gone on far too long... just thinking about it makes me cringe...

this one time, I was at a restaurant and see a great looking chocolate cake. it was behind the glass and and it didn't have a label, so I just asked for a slice of the displayed cake. the waiter knew what i was referring to and brought me this delicious looking cake. I grab my fork and separate a mouthful sized bite and jam it into my mouth only to find that it wasnt really chocolate cake... it was coffee flavored cake.
this was my first encounter with the abomination called chocolate mousse cake. I was very young at the time... but i feel the tantrum I threw was quite appropriate.
[/quote]
Agreed, bro.

I had the same experience, only with jelly beans. Now I can't eat them. :pout:

[quote name='Anomaly' date='25 October 2010 - 08:27 AM' timestamp='1287991657' post='701288']
[font="Garamond"]AP = Advanced Placement. Slightly higher level courses offered at some high schools. Grade 12 stuff taken via AP or IB (same program almost, International Baccaulaureate) is about par with first year university courses. More of a challenge.[/font]
[/quote]

Oh, very good. So it seems we have a couple of brainiacs among us?

Over here, classes tend to be broken into higher and ordinary groups. But a higher level class isn't on par with college classes; in fact, in most instances the majority are expected to take higher classes anyway, and drop down if the work is too challenging.

[quote name='Zombie_Nosh' date='25 October 2010 - 06:48 AM' timestamp='1288010932' post='701295']
Oh, very good. So it seems we have a couple of brainiacs among us?

Over here, classes tend to be broken into higher and ordinary groups. But a higher level class isn't on par with college classes; in fact, in most instances the majority are expected to take higher classes anyway, and drop down if the work is too challenging.
[/quote]

[font="Garamond"]Haha. I don't think it makes people brainiacs xD it's actually more fun because everyone there is interested in learning. If you do the reading it really isn't all that challenging. In my opinion, at least. But I only did IB history and english, I think my classmates who did science and math would shoot me for saying it wasn't hard ahahaha.[/font]

Our schooling is shocking as well. We did have sets though: Set B, Set C .etc. Set B was the top. But even then, the class had a significant divide - 7 or us were the smartest of the class by a unique standard. We were good friends, too, and the only kids to get more than three A*s.

We didn't have a set 'higher' class or whatever beyond Set B, but they did let us take Philosophy and Sociology at A Level. Long story short we never set the exam due to unforeseen circumstances (the teacher made a massive boo-boo and fu**ed it all).

It's all crap anyway. I learnt 5 times what I did in school by teaching myself; they never told us investing in gold is the legal form of a tax dodging-income, did they? You get what I'm saying.

[quote name='chibi-master' date='25 October 2010 - 04:53 AM' timestamp='1288007591' post='701294']
I had the same experience, only with jelly beans. Now I can't eat them. :pout:
[/quote]

I was fooled once by the brown jelly beans too! i should have known they would be trouble... but when I think of candy I always think its a sweet treat that couldnt possibly betray me... but then the coffee flavor comes and crushes my youthful ignorance.

[quote name='CaNz' date='25 October 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1288059147' post='701309']
I was fooled once by the brown jelly beans too! i should have known they would be trouble... but when I think of candy I always think its a sweet treat that couldnt possibly betray me... but then the coffee flavor comes and crushes my youthful ignorance.
[/quote]
I thought they were root beer flavored... :(

GAH!!! I need to stop sleeping... It's cutting in on my drawing time...

[quote name='The Professor' date='26 October 2010 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1288118926' post='701319']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]The only thing that should ever be root beer flavored is root beer. And sarsaparilla, I guess.[/font]
[/quote]
have you ever tried sarsaparilla? I read something about it in a western book a while back... I didnt even know if it was still around actually.:sweatdrop:

[quote name='The Professor'][font="Comic Sans MS"]The only thing that should ever be root beer flavored is root beer. And sarsaparilla, I guess.[/font][/quote]
[FONT=Calibri][url="http://www.nutsonline.com/chocolatessweets/hard-candy/unwrapped/horehounds.html"]Wrong[/url].[/FONT]

[quote name='The Professor' date='26 October 2010 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1288118926' post='701319']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]The only thing that should ever be root beer flavored is root beer.[/font]
[/quote]
I'm afraid that I am inclined to disagree. Root beer flavored lollipops are my evidence.

I'm still debating on a laptop name...

I love this intensely violent storm outside my window! :biggrin:

[FONT=Calibri]This has got to be one of the best anime opening themes I've ever seen/heard.[/FONT]

[center][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3SzOzm8lmo[/media]

[left][FONT=Calibri]And that's even considering Bebop and ROD the TV.[/FONT]
[/left][/center]

[quote name='chibi-master' date='26 October 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1288140419' post='701327']
I'm still debating on a laptop name...
[/quote]
i normally name my computers "Zero System" but I decided to change it up and named my laptop ITSAGUNDAM!
(i am such a nerd)

[quote name='CaNz' date='27 October 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1288157917' post='701331']
i normally name my computers "Zero System" but I decided to change it up and named my laptop ITSAGUNDAM!
(i am such a nerd)
[/quote]
Well, I didn't name my last computer, but I was still attached and cried when I shut it down for the last time. However, I like to think that when I brought over all my files into this laptop, I also transferred the sassy personilty from the last one.

[FONT=Calibri]I never quite got the concept of personifying electronic equipment. I only began to fill in slots because "A___'s PC" sounded stupid and because I needed an easy mnemonic to remember the contents of my flash drives. My computer became NONAME for a while because a) I'm sardonic even when no one's around to care and b) it's the name of Xianghua's sword and I thought that was the coolest thing ever for a sword to be named. Flash drives are Jumper, Sleeper and Walker, which allows me to immediately remember the general type of media I have stored on each.

(Don't ask why. My head is odd.)

I recently renamed my computer to SOLDAT because a) I had just finished watching [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noir_%28anime%29"]Noir[/url] and b) after three years of docile obedience Vista had tried to kill it twice and had failed each time.

My father named his music player THE WAJ because he's also a nut and those are his initials.[/FONT]

[quote name='The Professor' date='27 October 2010 - 04:37 PM' timestamp='1288211839' post='701343']
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Please tell me "Walker" contains Chuck Norris image macros.[/font]
[/quote]
Stole my line, damn you!

Sweet baby Koala toast, my right leg hurts like all get-out. That awful wound on my knee that I've had since last September was FINALLY healing when I shredded the skin off today during gym. Lots. Of. Blood. To top it all off, we were playing soccer, so when I kicked a ball, my shin collided with that of my opponent. Hell has relocated to my leg from the knee down.

[quote name='Yukazi' date='28 October 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1288317878' post='701364']
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Whoo! 10 year anniversary with Otakuboards. *dances*
Maybe I should be more active now that I've hit such a milestone. :o[/font]
[/quote]
You need to be more active for the sole reason that I demand to see your outstanding banner more often.