OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[SIZE="1"]Yes, you lucky lucky people that actually HAVE the movie near you...don't mind me, I'll be over here in my corner of despair.

*not jealous/angry at all*

I find it weird how people I don't even know call me "Gome". I usually like to think that's reserved for close friends...[/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial]It's called The Internet, Sam. People shorten all long names regardless of station.

I find I am recommending Bichon Frises to many allergic people, despite not having one of my own [I]and[/I] despite me disliking tiny dogs. This latest rec was in part a precautionary measure for my old studio professor, since someone recommended a Shiba Inu (which we own and of which I am not entirely fond) and I didn't figure that breed would do well around his kid. Shibas are a social breed, too, but ridiculously willful and headstrong.[/FONT]

Chibi, Bichon's fall under the small side of medium dogs, since they're under 25lbs. They just don't fall under the toy category. So they can be considered a small breed.

Oh and Allamorph, I've heard that Bichon's are quite stubborn on account of being fairly smart, but at the same time, they absoutely love routines, making them very trainable. So that kind of balances it a bit. Or so I've heard. =P

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I think all dogs are trainable with the right amount of patience. You have to get inside the dogs's head and have word to signal association. My oldest dog, Kacee, is a labrador/chow mix. She is very well trained and knows signals now without even having to have the word said to her. Such a loveable dog too.

I heard Bichon Frises can be a little bit stubborn, but they are very loyal dogs too. So who knows? I'm sure with the right amount of love and attention, the dog will be this person's new best friend.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Korey'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I heard Bichon Frises can be a little bit stubborn, but they are very loyal dogs too.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I have yet to hear of any dog that isn't loyal, actually. Does such a thing exist?:confused:

[quote name='chibi-master']I have yet to hear of any dog that isn't loyal, actually. Does such a thing exist?:confused:[/quote]I'm sure they're still loyal, but one of my friends has some Westies. They're cute and all, but given a chance they'll abandon spending time with you in order to lounge outside on the grass instead. o_O

[quote name='Jabberwocky'][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Why must people throw labels around?![/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]It's kind of how we communicate now that we as a species find "pointing at things and grunting" distasteful.[/color]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Very few breeds of dog can rival in loyalty to my dog's trusty breed, the golden retriever =).

He is extremely spirited with other dogs, but pretty much does commands on his own without having to hear words at this point and always comes back when off his leash. He's more my mom's dog than mine though.

My next breed will more than likely be a jack russel or welsh corgi. The g/f isn't a fan of big dogs and I count myself lucky in the first place that she even agreed to one of those two. [/FONT]

If it doesn't weigh over 45 pounds its not a dog, its a rat that barks. Not all dogs are loyal either. If they are cared for and trained right yes; if not then they do what they want because they think they are in charge. My ex-roommate decided to watch this dog for a stripper he was dating. Then he moves and the dog didn't. So I watched that stupid thing for six months. I did get money to do this but the dog ended up at the pound. I said I found him foaming at the mouth and chewing on an infant when I dropped him off. I'm sure he got a good home.

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]When I'm living in my own home, I plan to have four big dogs:

[B]A Golden Retriever, Rottweiler, German Shepard, and a Great Dane.[/B]

I've owned all but the Great Dane so far, and when I do get the Great Dane, I plan to name it Scooby. I'm not real fond of small dogs either, but my mom seems to have this fascination with them... She's got two at her house now (poodle mix and yorkie), three when my sister's down there with her dog. She makes up for it though by having three cats. I'm a big cat fan. I'd have a cat now, but my dad told me I can't have another until I move out. Guess he's afraid he'll get attached to it like he did my cat Smokey before she died.

Oh, I've also owned an Alaskan Malamute/Wolf mix; his name was Wimpy, just out of contradiction of his breed.. Because obviously he was no wimp haha. Good dog though, very protective of the family.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote]I said I found him foaming at the mouth and chewing on an infant when I dropped him off.[/quote]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Somethings are just left better off unsaid....:animesigh[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]And I crave sunflower seeds.

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]My best friend and her husband have sunflowers growing outside their townhouse. If you live in the area I can give you their address and you can steal them

I'm trying to get my daughter to sleep in her room....

I'd be better off trying to potty train an incontinent dog, but what can I do?[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='Yookie1']If it doesn't weigh over 45 pounds its not a dog, its a rat that barks.[/QUOTE]

Your ability to form a decent statement that does not make me narrow my eyes astounds me...[/heavy sarcasm]

[quote name='Yookie']I said I found him foaming at the mouth and chewing on an infant when I dropped him off. I'm sure he got a good home.[/quote]

Hmmm... How can I reward your creativity and cleverness? Oh, I know! [B]JERK.[/B]

Aaanyway, I just got through watching 17 Again. Have to say, I wasn't all that impressed with it... I did like the nerdy friend, though. Ah, yes, I adore nerds...:catgirl:

[QUOTE=chibi-master]Your ability to form a decent statement that does not make me narrow my eyes astounds me...[/heavy sarcasm]

Hmmm... How can I reward your creativity and cleverness? Oh, I know! [B]JERK.[/B][/QUOTE]I have a better idea, how about you just ignore it next time? That way, I don't have to bonk you on the head for getting rilled up over something that is sarcastic and probably not meant to be taken seriously. And if it is, that's just someone being a troll you know, so ignoring it is always a win. =P

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]My best friend and her husband have sunflowers growing outside their townhouse. If you live in the area I can give you their address and you can steal them[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Ahh man, that actually sounds good...

But I've been hooked on sunflower seeds since I was a kid, and it's probably my favorite snack ever. I like nacho cheese and jalapeno the most, though I'm craving some good ol' original ones lately...

*yawns* And I'm still tired...and it's only 10:06.[/SIZE]

My computer just did something really creepy... My mouse moved in chunks and everything acted just like it does when the laptop's about to shut down from over-heating. And then the screen went blank, but the computer didn't shut down. I unplugged it from the charger and left it for a little while. Then it acted like it was off. So I started it back up and a little pop-up told me that some software or other was preventing my laptop from shutting down. Then all my icons and everything disappeared from my wallpaper. And then the screen went blank. I started my laptop back up and am currently in the process of copying all my pictures and files onto floppy disks for safety measures.....:animedepr

I had better not have a virus on my computer... *stream of curses*