OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='chibi-master']That depends on if you're a supporter of Team Edward or Team Jacob... I myself am a supporter of Team Burntheseries.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Moments like these that make me glad all I watch on TV is MMA, G4, and NCIS...

Edit: Ok, I've just been informed this is from Twilight...so i shall rephrase...ahem...

Moments like these that make me glad I don't watch crappy movies.[/FONT]

[quote name='Affliction'][FONT="Tahoma"]Moments like these that make me glad all I watch on TV is MMA, G4, and NCIS...

Edit: Ok, I've just been informed this is from Twilight...so i shall rephrase...ahem...

Moments like these that make me glad I don't watch crappy movies.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

The fact that NCIS is on your list is awesome, though I don't watch the other two. NCIS has one of the greatest bunch of characters ever. Better than J.A.G., which I loved (and the actors have better chemistry overall than they did on J.A.G.)

[quote name='chibi-master']That depends on if you're a supporter of Team Edward or Team Jacob... I myself am a supporter of Team Burntheseries.[/QUOTE]
Neither. They are who? Then again, nvm. Reading Rach's post tells me I don't even want to know.

Affliction, you're a rockstar. NCIS and MMA (Only thing I have to watch is UFC and WEC) are great stuff. I'm also a fan of Burn Notice and Law and Order: SVU. I don't really watch G4 anymore unless it's for G-phoria or E3. Sometimes I watch X-play if I'm able to catch it or really bored... (but they don't talk about anything that interest me anymore.)

Edit: Searched the name Bella Swan... No wonder I don't know who she is. I've never seen Twilight. (Not really interested in that either.)

[FONT="Tahoma"]There aren't many characters that kick more *** than Gibbs, the best unit team leader out of all the shows of its genre. And i'll always have a soft spot for Abby .

The only time G4 is on and stays on despite whatever else is, is when Ninja Warrior comes on. Other than that, it's the channel i turn to when other things aren't on. As for UFC, i'll pretty much watch any fight (especially lightweight and light heavyweight bouts)...but I certainly have my favorites. WEC is great for good lighter weight class action, but they just don't have anyone truly impressive. Though I am a Urijah Faber fan, and Jose Aldo is exciting to watch. Strikeforce is the leader in heavyweight talent at the moment, especially with the recent acquisition of Fedor. Not much competition for him there, but the division is more stacked than UFC's has been in a long time. [/FONT]

"Facepalm" I forgot about Ninja Warrior and Unbeatable Banzukai (sp?)

Gibbs is definately a BMF. :) I'm a fan of the whole cast, but I show more favortism towards Gibbs and Ziva. Tony is great although, there are times where I find myself hoping that McGee would get back at him just to see his reaction. I enjoy seeing Ziva getting the best of Tony though. Abby is just Abby. Can't help but like her.

I've heard of Strikeforce, but unfortunately it doesn't come on my tv, or I haven't found the channel it comes on. I used to watch Pride, but I haven't seen that on tv anymore so I assume that's done for. While I am a fan of the Lightweights since they're always explosive, but I'm more of a fan of the Light Heavyweights. That's where all the folks I actually know of fight, haha. I also like the Middleweights.. I think. Whichever GSP is in.

Agreed. And speaking of which, is he the only other fighter that fights in 2 weight classes? (BJ Penn being the other.) I know he just fought Forrest Griffin. (poor guy. I'm a fan of Forrest, but I just knew he was going to lose by a knockout...) Shouldn't he just give up the belt and go for the Light Heavyweight title? Silva vs Machida would be great to see, but I kind of doubt that'll ever happen since they're on the same team, or at least I think I saw Silva in Machida's corner at one point.

[quote name='Magus']NCIS and MMA (Only thing I have to watch is UFC and WEC) are great stuff. I'm also a fan of Burn Notice and Law and Order: SVU. I don't really watch G4 anymore unless it's for G-phoria or E3. Sometimes I watch X-play if I'm able to catch it or really bored... (but they don't talk about anything that interest me anymore.)
[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms]Can we start a TV discussion now? I'm ****ing obsessed with television, being a tv writer would make the happiest little delusional college student ever.

I use the shows people like to judge them, no I'm not joking.

SO LIST YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOWS (old and new)!

Mine (bigger=I like it moar):

[size=5]30 Rock[/size] (WHY AM I NOT TINA FEY)
[size=6]Arrested Development[/size]
Burn Notice (I WANT HIS CAR)
Dexter ([spoiler]I MISS DOAKES[/spoiler])
[size=3][b]Futurama[/b][/size]
Gossip Girl
House (THE FIRST 4 SEASONS ANYWAY)
Law & Order SVU
[size=2]Mad Men[/size] (SORTA OVERRATED)
The O.C.
[size=5]Rome[/size]
The Simpsons
[size=8][u]SUPERNATURAL[/u][/size] (THE BEST WORST SHOW EVER)
Weeds
Venture Brothers

If you couldn't tell right now I'm sort of obsessed with Supernatural.

[SPOILER]ALSO FAMILY GUY SUCKS

FUTURAMA > FAMILY GUY

EVERYTHING > FAMILY GUY

WHY IS IT STILL ON

GODDAMIT[/SPOILER][/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]Can we start a TV discussion now? I'm ****ing obsessed with television, being a tv writer would make the happiest little delusional college student ever.[/font][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Green"]Actually, probably not. Technically, there's a forum for that if we go for a full discussion. But on an NCIS related side-note, I think anyone who has seen the show has a soft spot for Abby. You pretty much have to (and it doesn't hurt that she's insanely cute).

That said, getting home from work and not being tired when you need to wake up in 5 hours SUCKS. How the hell am I supposed to wake up in 5 hours if I can't even go to sleep?![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

NCIS
JAG (I forgot her name, but she's Harm's partner. I think she's hawt!)
Reba (only for Van and Cheyenne.)
Law & Order: SVU (Fin has the weirdest name on a tv show.. Even harder to spell, but he's a pimp XD)
Burn Notice
In Plain Sight (if I can ever catch it)
Friends
One Tree Hill (O_O.. I haven't watched it in a long time though.)
Home Improvement
The Cosby Show
Different World
Steve Harvey Show
UFC Unleased/Ultimate Fighter
WEC Wreckage
Ninja Warrior
Batman: TAS
Superman: TAS
Justice League/Unlimited (Disney XD, hurry up and put this on please.)
Comics Unleashed/Hot Chocolate

I'm sort of a mixed bag when it comes to tv shows in general, but I do watch my share of tv. Granted it's been hard to watch some of those shows do to class being so late in the day.

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][QUOTE=Affliction][FONT="Tahoma"]Edit: Ok, I've just been informed this is from Twilight...so i shall rephrase...ahem...

Moments like these that make me glad I don't watch crappy movies.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Do yourself a favor and avoid the books too. >> Also... log into AIM the next time you're posting over here!

[I]*whacks you with a nerf bat* [/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Kenso'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Green"]Actually, probably not.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[img]http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/4109/frye.gif[/img]

[quote name='Magus']
I'm sort of a mixed bag when it comes to tv shows in general, but I do watch my share of tv. Granted it's been hard to watch some of those shows do to class being so late in the day.[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] I know, as soon as I got to college my tv watching was reduced to weekly gatherings to watch Gossip Girl and 30 Rock. But this summer I went crazy, I downloaded about 5 new shows and constantly rented DVDs of shows I was interested in. And still I can list about 6 shows off the top of my head I still need to sink my teeth into. :)

Though I'm not going to lie, I never really saw the appeal of NCIS. Or CSI for that matter. And I've never seen 24 but I remember how obsessed all the guys at my high school were with it.

I sort of freak out when I discover a great TV show, mostly because I've been so disappointed by film lately (idk why, but every "great" new movie I watch now underwhelms and disappoints me. Hell I didn't even like "Up" that much, I even wrote a lengthy Facebook note about why it wasn't good.)

But yeah I totally embrace tv/film as the new art forms. Novels are a dying form and TBQH I don't really mind (says the English major).

As an entertainment junkie it saddens me when no one else around me is not as obsessed with how amazing shows can be and I have no one to nerd out with IRL and I have to resort of LJ comms.

[/font]

[quote name='Magus']
JAG (I forgot her name, but she's Harm's partner. I think she's hawt!)
[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Green"]The character's name is Sarah Mackenzie. The actress is Catherine Bell. And yes, she's VERY hot.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]Though I'm not going to lie, I never really saw the appeal of NCIS. Or CSI for that matter. And I've never seen 24 but I remember how obsessed all the guys at my high school were with it.

I sort of freak out when I discover a great TV show, mostly because I've been so disappointed by film lately (idk why, but every "great" new movie I watch now underwhelms and disappoints me. Hell I didn't even like "Up" that much, I even wrote a lengthy Facebook note about why it wasn't good.)[/font][/QUOTE]
For me, NCIS handles the "whodunit" theme very nicely, and then I like the characters. (Characters seems to be the primary reason for me to get into anything as of late. Use to be action first.) I can't really get into CSI either, although my mom tends to watch CSI: New York on a regular basis, and I've seen a couple of episodes that were pretty good. I'm just a 24 nut, though I will admit that for the first time I didn't really care for the last season so I didn't watch all the episodes.

As far as movies go, honestly the only movie I've seen this year that I thought was good was The Dark Knight. Everything I hardly bothered to watch. Movies for the past couple of years has been losing its draw points for me, and I just get to the point where I just don't want to even see new movies anymore.

Oh yeah, it's almost close to impossible to get me to read novels. If I don't have to read chances are I'm not since I hate reading. (But I encourage everyone else to continue reading XD.) All we did in elementary/middle school (3rd Grade up to the 8th) were book reports, and they made me sick. So now I just can't stand to read books anymore.

[quote name='Kenso']The character's name is Sarah Mackenzie. The actress is Catherine Bell. And yes, she's VERY hot.[/quote]
MAC/MACK. Yes. Her.

[quote name='Magus'] I'm just a 24 nut, though I will admit that for the first time I didn't really care for the last season so I didn't watch all the episodes.[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms] I also like 24 because it finally got rid of the Chuck Norris fad that gripped my school, since Jack Bauer took his place. [/font]

[quote name='Magus']As far as movies go, honestly the only movie I've seen this year that I thought was good was The Dark Knight. Everything I hardly bothered to watch. Movies for the past couple of years has been losing its draw points for me, and I just get to the point where I just don't want to even see new movies anymore.

Oh yeah, it's almost close to impossible to get me to read novels. If I don't have to read chances are I'm not since I hate reading. (But I encourage everyone else to continue reading XD.) All we did in elementary/middle school (3rd Grade up to the 8th) were book reports, and they made me sick. So now I just can't stand to read books anymore.[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] My movie ***** post

Yeah I totally know where you're coming from. I'm really tired of Hollywood relying on adaptations of other franchises, it's getting sort of ridiculous. I mean they're remaking [b]The Orphanage[/b] and [b]Let the Right One In[/b], and those movies came out within the last 2 years. I got sooo annoyed when I heard they would be [b]Old Boy[/b] and [b]Sympathy for Lady Vengeance[/b]. And [b]G.I. Joe[/b]? Jesus ****ing christ

The only movies I am looking forward to seeing this season is [b]The Lovely Bones[/b] and MAYBE [b]Inglorious Basterds[/b].

Getting tired of the Judd Apatow School of Humor, too, except I still like him for injecting something new into Hollywood.

Man TV does it SO much better these days, and that's saying something since I recognize that most TV is terrible. TBH the only new network show I am looking forward to for Fall 2009 is [b]Glee[/b]. The new shows for the CW make me want to cry. [/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]
The only movies I am looking forward to seeing this season is [b]The Lovely Bones[/b] and MAYBE [b]Inglorious Basterds[/b].
[/font][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]The two hottest brunettes on the acting scene are coming out with movies in September, Megan Fox in Jennifer's Body and Mila Kunis in Extract...*ahem* squee.

Aside from those...yea I wanna see Inglorious Basterds.

[/FONT]

[quote name='Affliction][FONT="Tahoma"']The two hottest brunettes on the acting scene are coming out with movies in September, Megan Fox in Jennifer's Body and Mila Kunis in Extract...*ahem* squee.[/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]You disappoint me.[/FONT]

[quote name='Affliction'][FONT="Tahoma"]The two hottest brunettes on the acting scene are coming out with movies in September, Megan Fox in Jennifer's Body and Mila Kunis in Extract...*ahem* squee.

Aside from those...yea I wanna see Inglorious Basterds.

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] I'm only agreeing with this because the other hot brunette actresses out there aren't acting as much right now/aren't really that famous. But personally I'd add Leighton Meester and Olivia Wilde (as much as I hate her character on House...) to the bunch.

For a while I was thinking Megan Fox fade into the background soon enough like Jessica Alba and Scarlet Johansen, but who knows. She's got [b]Jennifer's Body[/b] and [b]Jonah Hex[/b] coming out. Anyways as much as I think she's very hot she's no beauty. [/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms]For a while I was thinking Megan Fox fade into the background soon enough like Jessica Alba and Scarlet Johansen, but who knows. [/font][/QUOTE][size=1]Both Jessica Alba and Scarlet Johansen have that cutie factor that Megan Fox lacks. Megan Fox is "I'd hit it" while the other two are that [i]plus[/i] "I'd cuddle and treat it right before and after and during." In a masculine I-like-beer-and-boobs kind of way, of course.[/size]

My little cousin is visiting along with his mom, my aunt... I am being constantly reminded of why I have such a strong distaste for children. ESPECIALLY ill-mannered loudmouths who have been shown no dicipline throughout their short little lifespans... Also, now I know just how much I hate the sound of the "BOMP! BOMP! BOMP!" of little feet running in the hallways combined with their owner's wails of nonsensical jibberish... And the repetition of EVERY WORD IN A SIMPLE SENTENCE while said sentence seems to be breaking the sound barrier... Ex.

Cousin: "Cou-! C-! Cousin A-ashley! I-! I-! I-! I w-was wa-watching a-a-a mov-movie a-and y-you kn-know wh-wha-what?! I-it wa-was a-a-all *insert irritating sound effects coming from a 7 year old's mouth here*!!!"[/scream]

Me: ".......Reeeeealllllyyy....."[/half-a**ed interested voice]

Cousin: "Y-! U-uh-huh! *insert more babbling about the FRIGGIN' POLAR EXPRESS! ESPECIALLY WHEN THE TRAIN WAS ON THE ICE, OH GAWD, DON'T LEAVE [B]THAT[/B] AWESOME SCENE OUT!*[/wail]

Me: "........."

[/rant]

[quote name='Boo'][size=1]Both Jessica Alba and Scarlet Johansen have that cutie factor that Megan Fox lacks. Megan Fox is "I'd hit it" while the other two are that [i]plus[/i] "I'd cuddle and treat it right before and after and during." In a masculine I-like-beer-and-boobs kind of way, of course.[/size][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] mte lol[/font]

[quote name='chibi-master']My little cousin is visiting along with his mom, my aunt... I am being constantly reminded of why I have such a strong distaste for children. ESPECIALLY ill-mannered loudmouths who have been shown no dicipline throughout their short little lifespans... Also, now I know just how much I hate the sound of the "BOMP! BOMP! BOMP!" of little feet running in the hallways combined with their owner's wails of nonsensical jibberish... And the repetition of EVERY WORD IN A SIMPLE SENTENCE while said sentence seems to be breaking the sound barrier... Ex.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Oh gawd, I can't stand young children.

I just [I]can't[/I] interact with them. [I]At all.[/I] It's partly because I've never really gotten the hang of 'talking down' to them, and partly because I'm really bad at faking enthusiasm.

[I]"What, you learned to use a toilet? Wow. Good for you?"[/I]

All in all, becoming an uncle next January is going to be... interesting.
[/SIZE]
:help: