OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[SIZE="1"]I hardly ever see movies in theaters, maybe once a year, that's about it.

But now there's an explosion all of the sudden. Saw Ponyo on Friday [finally], we're going to see 9 tomorrow [opening day, no less], and I may see the Eureka Seven movie next week.

...oh, and October has a two-week-only Toy Story/Toy Story 2 double feature, and THEN December has The Princess and the Frog.

.....................AND I saw Up back in June.

I know people go to movies, like, every week...but yeesh. This is a lot for me. @_@[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]I hardly ever see movies in theaters, maybe once a year, that's about it.

But now there's an explosion all of the sudden. Saw Ponyo on Friday [finally], we're going to see 9 tomorrow [opening day, no less], and I may see the Eureka Seven movie next week.

...oh, and October has a two-week-only Toy Story/Toy Story 2 double feature, and THEN December has The Princess and the Frog.

.....................AND I saw Up back in June.

I know people go to movies, like, every week...but yeesh. This is a lot for me. @_@[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]My sister-in-law gets me in for free so nya! :p[/color][/font][/size]

I had contact with a senior today. Did not go well. I was sitting in the very back of the bus and this group of girls walks up. The blonde one says, "Okaaay, I don't know what's going on, 'cause, like, the seniors sit in the back!" I was silent, and tried to ignore her, and her friend says,

"Hey, you don't even know what grade she's in! Hey, what grade are you in?!"

".....Actually, I'm a fresman, so I guess she's right," I answered. She replied with,

"Oh. My. Gawd. You did [B]not[/B] just give me attitude!"

Yeah, I am going to get along REALLY well with some of these people...:rolleyes:

[quote name='chibi-master']I had contact with a senior today. Did not go well. I was sitting in the very back of the bus and this group of girls walks up. The blonde one says, "Okaaay, I don't know what's going on, 'cause, like, the seniors sit in the back!" I was silent, and tried to ignore her, and her friend says,

".....Actually, I'm a fresman, so I guess she's right," I answered. She replied with,

Yeah, I am going to get along REALLY well with some of these people...:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]So did you stay sitting in the back?

Oh, and I just have to add as a general comment... why is there no [b]Ponyo[/b] thread in Anime Central? Shouldn't that be some sort of crime?[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Oh, and I just have to add as a general comment... why is there no [b]Ponyo[/b] thread in Anime Central? Shouldn't that be some sort of crime?[/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]And here I thought movies, even anime, were supposed to go to Sight & Sound...[/SIZE]

Interesting avatar Allamorph. =P It feels like I've seen it before and not at lolcats. [QUOTE=chibi-master]I had contact with a senior today. Did not go well. I was sitting in the very back of the bus and this group of girls walks up. The blonde one says, "Okaaay, I don't know what's going on, 'cause, like, the seniors sit in the back!" I was silent, and tried to ignore her, and her friend says,

Yeah, I am going to get along REALLY well with some of these people...:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]I hope you stayed in the back. :D

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]Oh, and I just have to add as a general comment... why is there no [b]Ponyo[/b] thread in Anime Central? Shouldn't that be some sort of crime?[/font][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]So make one yourself. : p[/color]

[quote name='chibi-master']They're just a bunch of ditzy girls. I can't really imagine them being able to hurt me in any way. Spreading nasty rumors is not going to get me bruised and bloody.[/QUOTE]

[size=1]Go for it, babe. :] Show 'em who's boss. Girls like that are all bark and no bite.[/size]

[quote name='Stephanie'][size=1]Girls like that are all bark and no bite.[/size][/QUOTE]

It's actually more of a moany whining sound that induces the urge to slap them.:p

Aaargh... My stupid bus dropped me off at school 5 minutes before first period started. And my first class is waaay on the exact opposite side of the school than where my locker's at. But I made it there with a minute to spare.:animesmil

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]And here I thought movies, even anime, were supposed to go to Sight & Sound...[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Hm, really? As far as I know, anime movies have [i]always[/i] found their home in Anime Central.

Nerdsy: Good point, although I'm not complaining about the lack of a Ponyo thread. I'm just genuinely surprised that there isn't one by now.[/font]

[quote name='Boo][size=1']Naw, that's "Interesting. Most interesting." We sure do miss that.[/size][/quote]Sounds more like a take on Darth Vader's "Impressive. Most Impressive." from Empire Strikes Back than anything. =P Though I suppose that does explain his jump to being the CEO of WalMart. If it's not one form of villainy, it's another.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Sounds more like a take on Darth Vader's "Impressive. Most Impressive." from Empire Strikes Back than anything. =P Though I suppose that does explain his jump to being the CEO of WalMart. If it's not one form of villainy, it's another.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Hit the nail on the head there Rach.

Perhaps I'll start using it again in a limited capacity if something genuinely does pique my interest.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial']And here I was going to say obvious reference is obvious, all things considered. :p[/FONT][/quote]Well yeah, it very obvious considering that Gavin has had some form of Star Wars avi or sig off and on since I joined.

And speaking of obvious... I'd say your own avi is that as well. Considering what got posted in the theater section in the last week. =P

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']And speaking of obvious... I'd say your own avi is that as well. Considering what got posted in the theater section in the last week. =P[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Uh . . . yeah, sure, I guess.

Or it could be, you know, a continuation of something a bit more longstanding....[/FONT]