OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]Mine old phone only had one problem.

It died. (And no, not battery, just died.)

So. No real waste of money here, thanks.[/FONT][/QUOTE]I wasn't trying to imply that you were wasting money, only that for me to buy a new one when my current one works just fine... would be a waste of money on my part. I already know you wouldn't do that. =P

So I have my first day of school in a little less than a week from now, and my sister asked me, "What are you wearing for the first day of school?"

"I don't know yet. I guess I'll decide the night before," I replied. Big mistake. Then she went into a big lecture about how I should have my outfit picked a week in advance. My question: WHAT IS THE POINT? I can't believe it, really. My little sister has her first day of school outfit picked out already. SHE HAS TO WEAR A UNIFORM. But she still insists on deciding what hoodie she's going to be wearing when she gets there. Seems utterly pointless to me. What difference does it make WHEN I pick out my outfit? Geez...

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Oh I don't know. Picking in advance means you'll make sure it's actually clean and ready to be worn? =P Won't be able to wear what you want if it needs to be washed after all.[/QUOTE]

Ah, but you see, if it's in my closet, it's ready to be worn. I do my own laundry, so I already know what's clean.:animesmil And if I need to iron it, I can do that the next morning. No need to plan out a week in advance.

But then again, I guess I should take her personality into consideration... She's the type of person that goes, "Oh my gawd, are you wearing THAT?! But it's so ugly!" and make a disgusted facial expression.

On another note, I think I'm catching a cold. Right before school. For the second year in a row.

[quote name='Japan_86']I am sick of McDonalds. Can you guys think of a good place to work for a college student?[/QUOTE]
Sick of McDonalds or restaraunts in general? Taco Bell? (I can go for a double cheesy beefy melt or whatever it's called.) Toysrus? Best Buy... (I've put in so many apps but the bums don't call me ever. Maybe you'll have better luck.)

I actually went to sleep on time last night. Big mistake. I had a creepy dream about Hitler taking my 8th grade class on a field trip. I helped out a Jewish family, so he sent a high ranking officer to cut my head open. Not good. But I somehow managed to evade capture, so I guess it wasn't ALL that bad. *twitch*

[quote name='chibi-master']I actually went to sleep on time last night. Big mistake. I had a creepy dream about Hitler taking my 8th grade class on a field trip. I helped out a Jewish family, so he sent a high ranking officer to cut my head open. Not good. But I somehow managed to evade capture, so I guess it wasn't ALL that bad. *twitch*[/QUOTE]

[size=1]That's screwed up.[/size]

[color=deeppink]As long as we're on the subject of disturbing dreams...

I once had a dream where I was the Steadfast Tin Soldier (though I think I had both my legs). I was the property of a little girl, maybe three years old, and I was her favorite toy.

The first part of the dream was a montage, wherein I watched her growing older (like in Toy Story 2). Her first day at school, her first day at junior high, her trying on makeup for the first time, her first date, her senior prom. All that stuff.

Of course, since this dream hinged on a huge cliche, as she grew older she had less time to play with me, though I apparently remained while all her other things got thrown out.

The montage ended with (I think) a wedding sequence, but [i]that[/i] immediately cut to her dressed as a stripper (bright blue skintight number with, like, flowing sashes or something). She was holding me inches from her face with both hands, nearly strangling the life out of me, screaming at me over and over again,

"DO YOU WANT ME TO GET AN ABORTION! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT!"

After a couple iterations of that, I woke up that much less sure of my sanity.[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]The montage ended with (I think) a wedding sequence, but [i]that[/i] immediately cut to her dressed as a stripper (bright blue skintight number with, like, flowing sashes or something). She was holding me inches from her face with both hands, nearly strangling the life out of me, screaming at me over and over again,

"DO YOU WANT ME TO GET AN ABORTION! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT!"

After a couple iterations of that, I woke up that much less sure of my sanity.[/color][/QUOTE]

Okay, mine was a little creepy, but yours was actually sort of hilarious. I actually burst out laughing so hard that I tumbled right off my bed and onto the carpet. My ribs are aching right now! Crap, so is my head! XD

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]The possibility that I may completely lose my voice before my holiday and therefore have to speak to my boyfriend's family using ASL, notebooks and pictures is becoming ever possible as every day I spend at work involves explaining to many residents that 'no I can't toilet you' and 'please stay in your seat.'

On the bright side- I can always become a mime on the streets of Vancouver. :animeswea[/color][/font][/size]

Tomorrow is my first day of high school. At this point I've worried so much that I just don't give a care anymore.:animesigh

And Chibi #1, at least it's ALL of your voice. When I was 8 or something I caught a really bad germ or whatever that made my throat go nuts. I could say about 2 and a half words and my voice would give out into silence. One and a half, if I was yelling. EX.

"You stupid lit- *mouth moving and nothing comes out* - d*** you!"

[quote name='chibi-master']Tomorrow is my first day of high school. At this point I've worried so much that I just don't give a care anymore.:animesigh

And Chibi #1, at least it's ALL of your voice. When I was 8 or something I caught a really bad germ or whatever that made my throat go nuts. I could say about 2 and a half words and my voice would give out into silence. One and a half, if I was yelling. EX.

"You stupid lit- *mouth moving and nothing comes out* - d*** you!"[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]You'll be fine Chibi #2 just remember to use your elbows a lot. *hug*

LOl Actually the voice loss thing would be great. 2 years ago I wore out my voice so badly I sounded like a strangled cat. A friend of mine from Quebec thought I sounded like a cartoon character- of course he wasn't one to talk, he sounded like Pepe Le Pew.

What is it with me an the guys I take care of? It seems like every elderly man I've taken care of with the exception of like 2 of them is hitting on me! Christ a few weeks ago one of them wanted to kiss me on the mouth!! :animecry:

[/color][/font][/size]

First day of high school... I trampled about 27 people and avoided being trampled many more times. Also, I had to sprint from room 108 on one side of the school, to room 411 on the very other side in 5 minutes all while shoving people out of my way and climbing over tall seniors. I am going to weigh as little as a sack of potatoes by the end of the school year...:animedepr

But all in all I enjoyed today and look forward to Latin especially!:catgirl: