OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

My friend went back to Florida today. She studying to a pilot. Poor girl needs a booster seat to fly the plane though.

Financial aid is the biggest pain to deal with. Some how they accidentally over payed for my classes and I had to get it fixed. At least I didn't have to go in. I don't have the patience to deal with stupid people.

[quote name='chibi-master']Gaaah...my knee got even worse... It hurts to bend or lift it and my foot's sort of pointing out at a weird angle... But I think I'll still push myself and go to sparring tonight...probably...:animesigh[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] I wouldn't if I were you. Knee/foot/ankle problems shouldn't be "pushed", and if you don't have a tournament coming up soon it'd be better to just RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) it for a week before straining it again. Buy some wraps and put some ice in a bag within a towel, ice the areas 10-20 minutes several times a day... [/font]

[quote name='chibi-master']Gaaah...my knee got even worse... It hurts to bend or lift it and my foot's sort of pointing out at a weird angle... But I think I'll still push myself and go to sparring tonight...probably...:animesigh[/QUOTE]

Treat your knees well. Mine are bad, one with a torn ligament and they really can be bothersome the older you get.

I have been able to successfully refrain from limping! And I asked my Dad about what happens to a knee when it gets hit from the side... He said it doesn't heal and that the joint would need to be replaced. I'm a bit skeptical, though. Yeah, I still haven't told my parents about this, but between my sister breaking her ankle and my Dad getting mild celulitis, I just CAN NOT get injured right now. Not to mention my mom said she'd make me quit karate if I ever got injured there... And that will NOT happen.

[quote name='chibi-master']I have been able to successfully refrain from limping! And I asked my Dad about what happens to a knee when it gets hit from the side... He said it doesn't heal and that the joint would need to be replaced. I'm a bit skeptical, though. Yeah, I still haven't told my parents about this, but between my sister breaking her ankle and my Dad getting mild celulitis, I just CAN NOT get injured right now. Not to mention my mom said she'd make me quit karate if I ever got injured there... And that will NOT happen.[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] The best thing you can do right now is to try and keep as much weight off of it as possible and RICE. If your knee still hurts in 3 weeks something is probably wrong. Don't try to "ignore the pain away".[/font]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]In other news:

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="ಠ_ಠ"]b3_FinnaHoU[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

Am I the only one who sees this commercial and immediately wants to set fire to a middle school?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

.........Why, Ace, why?! I actually go to the trouble of flipping to a different channel when that commercial comes on...and then you put that garbage in the greatest thread of all time?! What is the matter with you?!:animedepr

Also, I went ahead and sparred anyway. Before you start jumping at me, let me just say this: I did not throw any kicks with my right leg. Partly because I wanted to rest it, mostly because it hurts like heck to lift it. So, yaaay.

[quote name='chibi-master']
Also, I went ahead and sparred anyway. Before you start jumping at me, let me just say this: I did not throw any kicks with my right leg. Partly because I wanted to rest it, mostly because it hurts like heck to lift it. So, yaaay.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=TREBUCHET MS] FINE IGNORE OUR CAREFULLY THOUGHT OUT ADVICE

JUST IGNORE IT [/font]

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In other news:

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="ಠ_ಠ"]b3_FinnaHoU[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

Am I the only one who sees this commercial and immediately wants to set fire to a middle school?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] No, it makes me want to set fire to the clothes

The kids are actually pretty cool.[/font]

[quote name='Lunox'][FONT=TREBUCHET MS] FINE IGNORE OUR CAREFULLY THOUGHT OUT ADVICE

JUST IGNORE IT [/font][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Because we obviously don't know what we're talking about. Chibs, I just got rid of shin splints. Leg injuries can be serious if you don't stay off them. I can't give you any better advice than what Lunox said.[/size]

[COLOR="Green"][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]Chibi. Take it from someone else who also understands leg injuries.

I was in marching band through the four years of my high school career, and time after time I ignored stabbing pains in my knees. Now after stopping band because it doesn't fit in my college schedule, I'm starting to notice how much damage I've actually done.

I can't sit cross-legged anymore without it bothering me, and I can barely manage to stand on one leg for any given amount of time. My doctor gives me five years before I'll need my first surgery.

So really; leg injuries = no bueno. Don't do anything rash, you'll only make things worse in the long run.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='chibi-master']O_O .........Uhm...if it makes you feel better, I won't go to Thursday night workout and instead spend all Thurs.-Sun. icing it and resting it, mmmkaaay???[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Green"]I know you want to avoid parents knowing and all that, but trust me, it's a good idea. I'm 24, and I've already got damaged cartilage and ligaments in both of my knees, and very rarely get through an entire day without some level of pain flaring up. And I can't afford to see a doctor about them right now (that and I'm afraid of exactly what they may tell me, as my knees haven't been examined in 4 years).

The fact is that joint injuries, and especially leg injuries, can cause SEVERE issues if not handled in an intelligent manner. There are just some injuries that the body doesn't recover well from (like dislocated shoulders or kneecaps, both of which hurt like heck by the way), and it's not worth trying to ignore such injuries before they can recover as best as your body is capable of, or you'll pay for it pretty badly later.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Kenso'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Green"]I know you want to avoid parents knowing and all that, but trust me, it's a good idea.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll be telling them. If I DO end up telling them, the story is going to be that I slipped going down the stairs and fell on my knee funny. I WILL NOT be taken out of Karate over a stupid little knee injury.:animeangr

[quote name='chibi-master']I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll be telling them. If I DO end up telling them, the story is going to be that I slipped going down the stairs and fell on my knee funny. I WILL NOT be taken out of Karate over a stupid little knee injury.:animeangr[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Green"]Hey, no one said you actually had to tell them the truth. I don't normally encourage lying, but the whole concept of forcing you to leave karate because you got hurt is pretty silly to begin with. It's like the parents who won't let their kids play football because they might get hurt. We're all gonna hurt ourselves one way or the other, might as well be doing something we like while we're at it. That said, if the pain keeps up, you're going to need to tell them, because a doctor is going to have to have a look at it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll be telling them. If I DO end up telling them, the story is going to be that I slipped going down the stairs and fell on my knee funny. I WILL NOT be taken out of Karate over a stupid little knee injury.:animeangr[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Have they threatened to remove you from it if you get injured? Do they have a history of reacting over-protectively to you getting a boo-boo?

If so, then I understand. I just don't like to sacrifice straightforwardness on the [I]assumption[/I] that the worst reaction will be had.

Heck, one of my good friends was hit on the head by a saber during a marching band practice session, grew a cyst at the point of impact, and had to have it surgically removed several weeks later because it wasn't diminishing. My father knocked a guy out cold in karate once, and they held sessions in a place with a concrete floor. (Fall down go [I]boom[/I].) He also had a record of falling out of every tree he climbed (he claims he never figured out how to climb down), so kids and semi-adults get beat up all the time so long as their butts are off the couch.

I mean, I know [I]you[/I] know this. I'm just saying, so you (and your little sister) have something to point at for arguments.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I usually don't have to lie to cover up my injuries, I'm clumsy so it happens alot. Like just the other night I slipped in the shower, I hit my head on the wall, fell out and hurt my ribs and then flipped out and twisted my wrist. So yeah...things like that happen to me ALL the time. Heh...lucky me.:animeswea[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Knuckles' Girl][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I usually don't have to lie to cover up my injuries, I'm clumsy so it happens alot. Like just the other night I slipped in the shower, I hit my head on the wall, fell out and hurt my ribs and then flipped out and twisted my wrist. So yeah...things like that happen to me ALL the time. Heh...lucky me.:animeswea[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial][I]You're[/I] Bella Swan?

HOLY CRAP :o[/FONT]

So I'm home pretty early today... I usually get out of class around 10-10:30pm. The power was out when I arrived at school today, and everyone was wondering what happened since there was not a single storm to pass by. The wind was pretty gusty, so that could've done something... So now I have to make up not only Monday, but Wednesday too. So much for my 2 week break. >_>

Okay, I was getting pretty worried about my knee. I thought I might actually have to get it looked at... So to save myself the trouble, I tried to fix it myself!:catgirl: I stuck my right leg out to the side and spun it around in a circular motion. There was a cracking sound and so I stopped. But you know what? MY KNEE IS HEALED. I can't feel any pain whatsoever! It's perfectly fine now! YAY!!!