OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I just came across this little article:

[URL="http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/49-year-old-okinawa-man-kills-mother-for-hiding-tv-remote-control"][U]49-year-old Okinawa man kills mother for hiding TV remote control[/U][/URL]

All I can think is... WTF? o_O[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]And in the birthplace of Karate, no less.

Someone must not have been paying attention in class.[/FONT]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I have a better idea, how about you just ignore it next time? That way, I don't have to bonk you on the head for getting rilled up over something that is sarcastic and probably not meant to be taken seriously. And if it is, that's just someone being a troll you know, so ignoring it is always a win. =P[/QUOTE]

Yes sometimes sarcasm is hard to express on a forum. Rachmaninoff is right, mostly. I dont like small dogs was about the only serious thing there. I love that story though it always gets some kind of reaction. Bwahahhahahah! ( sorry Chibi :( )

[quote name='Nathan'][FONT="Arial"][I]*washes your mouth out with soap*[/I] You're a bit young for that, aren't you? :smirk:[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Age doesn't matter when your computer might have a virus... *bangs head against wall*

Also, I just woke up from a dream where I killed a guy... It was probably one of the creepiest dreams I have had in a LOOONG while...:animedepr

[COLOR=Green]I am a very active sleeper. I knew I kicked a lot in my sleep from past sleepovers with friends, but last night really took the cake.

I wear a mouthguard at night because I grind my teeth and I've had work done on my front teeth. I woke up this morning with it thrown across the room.

I also fell asleep on top of the covers, because it was freakin' hot in my house.. but when I woke up I was under all the blankets currently on my bed.

I also for some reason turned on my desktop computer... which I rarely ever use.

I'm an odd one.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]I was going to buy a headset mic and Guild Wars today, but then I got to Wal-Mart and remembered how much it sucks.

I mean, it's got a nice food thing and a massive and mostly unnecessary home furnishings department, but it also likes to hide and rearrange and remove its merchandise, so you can never get anything you want.

I'll wait until I get back to campus.

[I]*AAISHOO*[/I] [size=1]@_@[/size][/FONT]

Tonight in Karate I was doing ground self-defense in the class. I was the attacker, and when I rolled off my partner, the back of my head bashed into the nose of a guy in another group... He got a bloody nose. I feel kind of...really awful right now...:animedepr

But I have cookies. So I feel much better than I could be feeling right now...

[quote name='chibi-master']Tonight in Karate I was doing ground self-defense in the class. I was the attacker, and when I rolled off my partner, the back of my head bashed into the nose of a guy in another group... He got a bloody nose. I feel kind of...really awful right now...:animedepr

But I have cookies. So I feel much better than I could be feeling right now...[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Wow could you imagine if you had said nothing about the Karate class? I guess the first sentence can make or break a post.[/FONT]

[quote name='Jabberwocky'][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Wow could you imagine if you had said nothing about the Karate class? I guess the first sentence can make or break a post.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

*bursts out laughing* Uh, yeah... I just threw up a little in my mouth...:animeswea

I know I tried really hard to get my hair as long as it is, but I'm thinking of cutting it shorter again... Darn it, I always do this! During the summer I try to grow my hair out, and then once fall starts, I want to shorten it!:animeangr

[SIZE="1"]My internet does NOT like me tonight.

Internet crapped out, fine, went to reboot the router. Did so. But it didn't work. So I had to disconnect/reconnect everything on my comp to make it work, eventually it did...then it d/c'd AGAIN, only to find the internet had fizzled out completely on the modem, so I rebooted that. Everything was fine again, but THEN I couldn't log into YIM, so I had to reboot the computer...everything's fine now, but sheesh.

The modem flipping out may have had to do with either the fact we had no power this morning, or maybe it was the storm that moved through this evening...probably the latter...[/SIZE]

[font=trebuchet ms] As much as being in college is nice, I really wish I was back in high school, not really worrying about anything serious and having a fun time hanging out in my classes with friends.

I say this mostly because I spend nights like these freaking out about my future. And lately I've been doing it more and more, and I find myself feeling depressed over it. All of my friends seem to have a preprofessional plan that they genuinely want to pursue, not a plan for plan's sake. Every job I'm interested in are ones with a notorious uncertainty of success and years of hard work for a 10% chance of making it. I spend a lot of time wishing I really wanted to be a doctor.*

As neurotic as I was about getting into college, now that I'm in I wish I just had the balls to drop out and do whatever the **** I wanted.

*Not saying that becoming a doctor is EASY, because God knows I've witnessed first hand how hard and suicidal it can be, but I envy the clear cut path. Get good grades/MCAT score, go to med school, do residency, become doctor.

tl;dr I wish I wasn't so lazy [/font]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]I bought a new wallet. My Renji one is falling apart inside after a long two years worth of use. New one is an Espada wallet. I'm slightly pissed though how much cover space [I]Ulquiorra[/I] gets. [B]FFFFFFFFFFF[/B].

I also purchased a Korean CD on impulse tonight. I watched a music video of one of the songs, and literally searched it on YesAsia.com and bought it... No second thoughts.

I'm an insane fangirl...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]I was going to buy a headset mic and Guild Wars today, but then I got to Wal-Mart and remembered how much it sucks.

I mean, it's got a nice food thing and a massive and mostly unnecessary home furnishings department, but it also likes to hide and rearrange and remove its merchandise, so you can never get anything you want.[/FONT][/QUOTE]They love to do that here too. It's like they wait until you've learned where everything is again, and then move it all just to be a pain in the rear. I've never understood why they feel the need to rearrange everything every couple of weeks. o_O

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']They love to do that here too. It's like they wait until you've learned where everything is again, and then move it all just to be a pain in the rear. I've never understood why they feel the need to rearrange everything every couple of weeks. o_O[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Green"][SIZE="2"][FONT="Tahoma"]Target does that, but only when changing for Holidays. Or like my store, we're renovating the food part of the store to add more products. So yes, some stuff got moved around, but not a lot...

But we generally keep everything in the same area, always. :D

*shot*[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Okay, so on Deviantart, I'm generally accepting of critique. It helps me improve, and I am thankful for that.

...but when my main "friend" that crits me only ever comments anymore JUST to crit, and barely speaks to me at all anymore elsewhere, is it wrong for me to get annoyed? :/ I'd like you to just speak to me again in friendly terms every once in awhile, thank you.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]Okay, so on Deviantart, I'm generally accepting of critique. It helps me improve, and I am thankful for that.

...but when my main "friend" that crits me only ever comments anymore JUST to crit, and barely speaks to me at all anymore elsewhere, is it wrong for me to get annoyed? :/ I'd like you to just speak to me again in friendly terms every once in awhile, thank you.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] Jealousy[/font]

[quote name='Sangome'][SIZE="1"]Okay, so on Deviantart, I'm generally accepting of critique. It helps me improve, and I am thankful for that.

...but when my main "friend" that crits me only ever comments anymore JUST to crit, and barely speaks to me at all anymore elsewhere, is it wrong for me to get annoyed? :/ I'd like you to just speak to me again in friendly terms every once in awhile, thank you.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Psh! I'd get annoyed, why shouldn't YOU?! Why would you even need to ask about that, silly?:confused:

[quote name='chibi-master']Psh! I'd get annoyed, why shouldn't YOU?![/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Because some of us prefer not to be reactionary.

At this point I'd probably see about if I could get ahold of them and talk for a while, just to check in. That way I couldn't be accused of not making the effort, either.

Everything is now peachy for going back to school. I went through a small frustrating hassle today, stemming from requesting the Financial Aid office to do something for me last Tuesday, bothering them again yesterday, and then talking to them today to find out that they want me to send them back their email that they apparently didn't know they sent to me (which I did yesterday) so they can get in writing what I want to do (which I gave them last Tuesday and yesterday both) and get my file going.

Then I was irritated because the website the students use to pay for enrollment was being a bugger about letting me actually set up a payment schedule.

Our school is great for engineering and amazing for music. But our administration has all the effective working power of a half-paralysed slug.[/FONT]

[quote name='chibi-master']YES! I knew you'd reply! My sister owes me $3.00!!! I knew I should've bet more...:animesigh Sorry for not having more faith in you, Allamorph!:animeswea[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]It's not a legitimate bet unless your sister knows who I am. Shame on you for taking advantage of someone else like that.

[COLOR=#EDEDED]You're supposed to take advantage of them in spite of their knowledge. Then they can't complain at you. =D[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]It's not a legitimate bet unless your sister knows who I am. Shame on you for taking advantage of someone else like that.

[COLOR=#EDEDED]You're supposed to take advantage of them in spite of their knowledge. Then they can't complain at you. =D[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Shame on YOU for assuming she doesn't know who you are! She's (most likely) your number one fangirl! ;)