OtakuBoards

McCruelty: I'm Hating It

Rachmaninoff

If you haven't read this yet, I highly recommend that you do. Not because I'm taking PETA's side or anything, but because the whole thing is so over the top, it makes me laugh, a lot.

[URL="http://www.slashfood.com/2009/08/07/peta-unhappy-meals-targeting-kids/"][U]PETA Unhappy Meals Targeting Kids[/U][/URL]

And just in-case you didn't follow the link to the page by PETA:

[URL="http://www.mccruelty.com/unhappyMeal.aspx"][U]Inside PETA's UnHappy Meal[/U][/URL]

The slogan, I'm hating it, along with the graphic they've made for it just cracks me up. So what do you think? Just another case of PETA being nuts? Or what? =P

[SIZE="1"]I just wonder how/where they obtained pictures of scalded and mutilated chickens... Did they scald/mutilate them themselves to prove a point?

"OMG IT'S OKAY IF WE DO IT, IT'S JUST TO PROVE A POINT"

I find it funny about the bit about kids being exposed to "worse violence in video games", when 99 percent of said violent games [I]aren't marketed to kids.[/I]

. . . which randomly makes me wonder what they think of Happy Tree Friends...[/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Green"]Okay, I'm all for protesting for animals rights, but PETA needs to find a different way of doing it. They're taking things way too far, and have totally lost my respect (or what little was left of it anyways) by subjecting stuff like this to children.

Find a more harmless way of spreading awareness; don't give our children nightmares.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

As far as I'm concerned, they hit their peak with "sea kittens", and it's all downhill from here out. They'd have to really pull out all the stops to do something more baffling and hilarious than that.

[quote name='Miss Anonymous']Was PETA ever a respectable organization? I can't remember anymore.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I think, like many organizations and religions, they started out normal with good intentions, and then immediately began to steamroll downhill. I think they began to be horribly discredited when they were lauded for rescuing a few thousand dogs and cats. And then those dogs and cats were found dead in the refrigerators of several of there warehouses.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]Borrowing Reese's slogan: "There's no nice way to kill a chicken."

[CENTER]- - - - - -[/CENTER]
From my father: "You know, we used to have to kill chickens by wringing their necks. The phrase 'running around like a chicken with their head cut off'? I've seen friends of the family cut off a chicken's head and set it down, and it run around in circles until it fell down. And we were goin', 'That's cool!'."[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial']Borrowing Reese's slogan: "There's no nice way to kill a chicken."[/FONT][/quote]Hahaha, so true.

Anyway, I looked at the website and I just loved the bit about how the chickens weren't happy to die. Seriously, wtf? No matter how it's done, they wouldn't be happy to be killed and eaten. lol[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I heard about that. I didn't bother to read up on it since I no longer consider PETA worth following in any sense. They go over the top too much. Though sometimes it is kind of funny to see how absurd they're being. ^^[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Until the animals start standing up for their own rights, I'm going to keep on eating them.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Tahoma]No matter how it's done, they wouldn't be happy to be killed and eaten.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Wouldn't they have to have emotions first?

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]It's like Sokka said in [B]Bitter Work[/B] (yes I still watch [B]Avatar the Last Airbender[/B]) You're awfully cute, but unfortunately, you're made of meat.

Besides has [B]PETA [/B]stopped to think of the people they'd be putting out of work if everyone stopped eatting meat (and riding horses, owning pets ect ect ect)? I think not[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Some do . . . or are at least capable of acting in a manner so we ascribe emotions to them.

But only Koreans eat cats and dogs.

[CENTER][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B]CONTROVERSIAL
STATEMENT[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Actually we Chinese eat dogs in the winter time.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Some do . . . or are at least capable of acting in a manner so we ascribe emotions to them.

But only Koreans eat cats and dogs.

[CENTER][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"][B]CONTROVERSIAL
STATEMENT[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/font][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Yeah, I heard that they actually have a special term for dog meat- Kagoge if I'm not mistaken. [/color][/font][/size]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I know some animals can express anger, thus "When animals Attack".

But PETA has a lot of controversial or downright silly campaigns to make sure animals are ethically treated. However, I don't think we'll be seeing people throwing red cans of paint on people who eat at McDonalds.

Not that Mickey D's really cares. They serve billions.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Korey][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]I know some animals can express anger, thus "When animals Attack".[/COLOR][/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Anger, or instinctive self-preservation?

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Peta's getting redundant. Looks just like Kentucky Fried Cruelty to me.

At one point I kind of liked what I thought they were saying. Turns out their master plan involves banning all domestic animals. Don't you think that's a tad bit over kill for so called animal lovers? I highly doubt they'll ever accomplish that either.

They also want to ban animal testing, even when it helps advance the medical world. I can't speak for everyone when I say this, but I think the lives of a few animals should be spared if it improves the lives of human beings.

In doing all this their advocating something called "animal rights". It all seems a bit crazy to me.

[FONT="Arial"][quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Besides has [B]PETA [/B]stopped to think of the people they'd be putting out of work if everyone stopped eatting meat (and riding horses, owning pets ect ect ect)? I think not[/color][/font'][/size][/quote]Now, now. If they did that, it would mean they [I]might[/I] have some common sense, which by the look of their recent campaigns... they clearly lack.

I agree with what John was saying though, nothing has been as outright absurd and hilarious as the 'sea kittens' deal... yet. [/FONT]

[quote name='Nathan'][FONT="Arial"]Now, now. If they did that, it would mean they [I]might[/I] have some common sense, which by the look of their recent campaigns... they clearly lack.

I agree with what John was saying though, nothing has been as outright absurd and hilarious as the 'sea kittens' deal... yet. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=monotype corsiva][size=4]Well Nathan, common sense isn't that common anymore so don't be suprized that not very many people have it- especially PETA.

And John's right the Sea Kitten campaign is going to be hard to top....

Althought I usually like to top my sea kitten with some kind of herb butter, or panko breading. Maybe some terriyaki.[/color][/font][/size]

[QUOTE=Some guy named Ryan]I'm a vegetarian, and I don't approve of PETA and their methods.

I would love for more people to become vegetarians, and I think it would be better for the world if they did. However, it is a personal decision, and I think the best way to convince people is not by trying to shock and scare them. Rather, vegetarians should lead by quiet, visible example. People are much more likely to consider vegetarianism when they see happy, healthy, well-adjusted vegetarians going about their lives, than they are by seeing graphic pictures of slaughtered animals shoved in their faces by loud, aggressive activists.

PETA is counter-productive to their own cause.[/QUOTE]

A comment posted on the first clicky thing. My feelings exactly. Except for the being a vegetarian thing. Because I am not. *noms a steak*