OtakuBoards

Your Favorite band

pedegg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny how several of the list people put up were in ABC order lol.... Looking at ur music playlist???

Although I repect a lot of music I can really only see 2 bands battling for the title "my favorite band"

Led Zepplin - I wish I could have seen them live.... But I've watch the old concerts and they had a way to tell a story. There music is a world apart. They created a type a mystic music that no one can duplicate.

The Beatles - That quote before was fairly acturate. They did more and better than anyone else in a shorter period of time. They realsed something like 12 records in a 4 year span. Band today is lucky to release a record a year, not to mention oh almost everyone of those records had a number one hit or 5.....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]Do I even need to say it?
[I][U][B]Dir en grey[/B][/U][/I]
Bold, italicized and underlined for maximum emphasis.
No other band I listen to comes close.
I could gush for hours about their brilliance, but I'll just move on to my other bands.

I saw [B]Skinny Puppy[/B] on here. I love the Puppy. Industrial is the way to be,
Other than that, I love [B]Miyavi[/B]. One of the best guitarists in the world today, if you ask me. Not a band, but you know.
Notice I'm keeping this in terms of OPINION because I know how people can get.
As for the Beatles... I see how they're incredibly influential, but in terms of talent, I don't see them as being all that great. I've been told this is because I'm young and "can't appreciate them", but really, to each their own.

I was raised on [B]Metallica[/B] and [B]Slayer[/B].

[B]Iggy Pop[/B] is my favourite of the punk genre.

[B]Brand New[/B] for the lyrics. [B]OLD AFI[/B], I can't stand the new crap.

[B]Kiyoharu[/B]. While I like Kuroyume and SADS, I think Kiyo is best on his own. He has a style and a presence too big to let anyone else into his spotlight. I love him because he has one of the most unique voices I've heard.

[B]Rammstein[/B] is on the list if only for longevity. I've liked this band for seven years and it was my absolute favourite until I discovered DEG. I've gotten a lot of crap for this, but I love them.

I guess that's it. :animesigh

[/FONT]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I'd have to say Oasis, especially their earlier stuff from [i]Definitely Maybe [/i]and [i](What's The Story) Morning Glory?[/i] I loved those Madchester lads so much that I even had a '90s mod haircut for a while. I'd swagger like they'd swagger. When most other bands around '94 were dressing like lumberjacks and acting like sullen 14 year-old boys, Oasis were trashing hotels like seasoned professionals, along with the likes of Primal Scream and The Verve (their fellow lunatics in arms). To this day, I owe some of my brashness to them (for better or worse). I was mad fer it.

• 1 month later...
[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial"]You're all terrible for not having mentioned [b]the Smashing Pumpkins[/b]. Their work since their reunion (though Billy Corgan being the only original member now) has yet to really live up to their '90s reign. Recent project [i]Teargarden by Kaleidyscope[/i] has a good feel, though.

Umm ... let me go through my iTunes for other bands I listen to fairly often, lol.
Styx
Stone Temple Pilots
The Presidents of the United States of America
Muse
Luna Sea
Journey
Gorillaz
Foo Fighters
Dream Theater
David Bowie
Coheed & Cambria (sort of underrated, I think, glad to see them on a few other people's lists)
Blue Oyster Cult
Billy Joel
Apocalypse Hoboken (once a local punk band from Chicago)

I also don't mine some old '90s rap/hip hop, but I don't really have anything extensive in that regard. Maybe just a few songs here and there.[/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"][font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]It really is hard to choose favorites in music, but I've come up with 10 of my [/color][/size][/font]favorites. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]
[Overall most bands in the alternative rock genre are awesome in my book, plus any who have been on Warped Tour.]

1. Mayday Parade
2. Paramore
3. Jack's Mannequin
4. NeverShoutNever
5. Dance Gavin Dance
6. The Maine
7. Fall Out Boy
8. Blink-182
9. Motion City Soundtrack
10. The Devil Wears Prada[/color][/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
A small list of my favarites....hhhhmmmm...

To save you some time here's about half...

Led Zeppelin
U2
The White stripes (BTW it might get loud kicked butt)
The Raconteurs
Steely Dan
Green Day
Aerosmith
Evoka
Gerry Rafferty
Smash Mouth
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Black Sabbath
System of a down
Eric Clapton
Queen
the Verve
Queens of the stone age
Coldplay
Foo Fighters
Jack Johnson
Ok Go
The Bravery
Sweet Water
The Dandy Warhols
Stealers Wheel
Soundgarden
Bush
Stone Temple Pilots
Everclear
John Mayer
CCR
Wilco
Johnny Cash
Jerry lee Lewis
Cold War Kids
Bloc Party
Pet Genius
Thousand Foot Krutch
Cake (I really have to be in a odd mood though.)
Arctic monkeys
Caging the Elephant
Owl City
Snowden
The Hives
Nirvana
them Crooked Vultures
Wavorly
Three Days Grace
She's your sister
Weezer
Santana
Incubus
Sum 41
Metallica
The Black Keys
Jethro Tull
Steve Miller Band
ZZ Top
Rush
Ozzy
The Who
Muse
The Guess Who
Beck
The Dead Weather
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Greenholmes
Lenny Kravitz
Gorillaz
Tool
High Flight Society
Kansas
Bowling for Soup
Hollywood Undead
Ray Charles
P.O.D.
Otis Redding
Family Force 5
Reliant K
Metro Station
Plumb
Allman Brothers Band
Jimi Hendrix
Nickelback
Wolfmother
Garbage
Pink Floyd
Yellow Card
Franz Ferdinand
Flyleaf
Paramore
Interface
Boston
Switchfoot
Blink-182
The Beatles
The Cars
Decyfer Down
Dire Straits

I basicly don't hate anything I listen to....

• 2 months later...
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#4169e1"]Lately Listening to: Spiritual Beggars, I love Michael Amotts Bluesy side. (although there are elements of that in Arch Enemy)
The Absence
Death
Finntroll

Those are pretty much the bands I've been looping lately, they all have different feels for my many mood changes while at work.[/color][/font]

I'm sure I've done one of these before...

Short list anyway:

Manic Street Preachers
Depeche Mode
Sash
Cradle of Filth
Crass
DJ Tiesto
Gorillaz
Jeff' Lewis
The Clash
Sex Pistols
Anthrax
Black Eyed Peas
Slipknot
Rage Against the Machine
No Doubt
Theatre of Hate
Joy Division
Babyshambles
The Cockney Rejects

I'm sure some of them aren't actually bands but nevermind. I'm incredibly proud of my rubbish music taste, but that's just the top favourites. I have a looooong playlist of crap on my mobile. Edited by Vicky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
A lot of good music has been mentioned in this thread. I didn't see many of my favorites mentioned, though. I listen to obscure stuff, though, so it's no surprise. However, you guys should give 'em a try! You never know ;]

Not in any particular order:
[list]
[*]Jack's Mannequin
[*]Margot and the Nuclear So & So's
[*]Sleeping At Last
[*]Aqualung
[*]Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin
[*]Tigers That Talked
[*]Thirteen Senses
[*]Barcelona
[*]Waking Ashland
[*]Guster
[*]Nickel Creek
[*]The Long Winters
[*]Rooney
[*]Great Lake Swimmers
[*]Andrew Bird
[/list]

Obviously any of us can go on forever with names, but those are the few that stood out when I thought about it hah.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]I've got this thing for Claudio Sanchez, the lead vocalist for Coheed and Cambria, so naturally some of bands follow that trend.
[/color][/font][list][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Coheed and Cambria[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Shabutie[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Prize Fighter Inferno[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Minus the Bear[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Jacks Mannequin
[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Muse[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Antsy Pants[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]The Black Keys[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Michael Buble[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Frank Sinatra[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Placebo[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Joy Division[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]She Wants Revenge[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]David Bowie[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Queen[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]DAFT PUNK[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Arcade Fire[/color][/font][/list][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Its not the complete list, but it probably consists of the grounds I listen to most frequently
[/color][/font]

[quote name='Soji47' timestamp='1293186536' post='703227']
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]I've got this thing for Claudio Sanchez, the lead vocalist for Coheed and Cambria, so naturally some of bands follow that trend.
[/color][/font][list][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Coheed and Cambria[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Shabutie[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Prize Fighter Inferno[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Minus the Bear[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Jacks Mannequin
[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Muse[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Antsy Pants[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]The Black Keys[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Michael Buble[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Frank Sinatra[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Placebo[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Joy Division[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]She Wants Revenge[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]David Bowie[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Queen[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]DAFT PUNK[/color][/font][*][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Arcade Fire[/color][/font][/list][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Its not the complete list, but it probably consists of the grounds I listen to most frequently
[/color][/font]
[/quote]

Way to be with Jack's Mannequin and Frank Sinatra. You have a lot of good ones on there. I just recently found Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground myself... what an odd sort of band... but that's what I like :]

[quote name='Dragon Warrior' timestamp='1293206726' post='703232']
Way to be with Jack's Mannequin and Frank Sinatra. You have a lot of good ones on there. I just recently found Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground myself... what an odd sort of band... but that's what I like :]
[/quote]

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="#0000ff"]Yeah, the odd ones are the best ones. A fairly odd/ mildly creepy artist is Mika; "We are Golden" and "Boy Toy" are a couple of his *ahem* more interesting songs. Then there's Marit Larson, who's primary odd quality is her nationality: Norwegian.
And then there's always The Presets.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE The Presets[/color][/font] Edited by Soji47

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...