Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
[quote name='Phenom' date='08 November 2010 - 02:54 AM' timestamp='1289213674' post='701613']
"Let's talk about CaNz"
"Noooo"

ROTFLMAO!!!
[/quote]
[quote name='Sangome' date='08 November 2010 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1289265471' post='701648'][color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]
"Let's talk about CaNz!" "NOOO" *snerk*[/font][/color]
[/quote]
[size="6"]sigh...[/size] i laughed at this one too... Edited by CaNz
Posted
[quote name='Lyndy' date='08 November 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1289262047' post='701645']
I wasn't saying it was bad. I liked her voice. And she sounds like someone who could have a good job as a radio dj...I think that is what they are called. >>;
[/quote]
I can't think on my feet when it comes to talking, though... :sweatdrop:

[quote name='James' date='08 November 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1289262488' post='701646']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I think Chibi could easily be a voice actor.
[/font]
[/quote]
This is one of my goals in life, actually.

[quote name='Sangome' date='08 November 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1289265471' post='701648']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]As for Chibi's voice, all I could think of was "HOLY CRAP, IT'S [URL=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=29271][U]CAITLIN GLASS[/U][/URL]! Seriously Chibs, you sound so much like her. It's kinda scary, actually. [The Pokemon Center jingle before her segment was awesome, too. <3][/font][/color]
[/quote]
I'd only heard her voice as Wendy from Trinity Blood's "Never Land" episode, but I still consider that a compliment. Thanks, Gome! >///<
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph' date='08 November 2010 - 02:12 PM' timestamp='1289254328' post='701638'][FONT=Calibri]'Cheebee'? '[i]CHEEBEE[/i]'[i]??? [/i]Augh! Is there some weird disease afflicting everyone where we pronounce everything in the weirdest fracking way possible? Good gosh. I don't know anyone who uses the Japanese pronunciation of anime ('ah-nee-may'; we say 'É?-nÉ?h-may' because we're lazy), but we can't get a bloody short-I off our tongues. Pleh.[/FONT][/quote]
[color=#4B0082]And this is why every single English dub voice actor sounds like an idiot whenever they say Japanese names. No one pronounces the vowels right.[/color]
Posted (edited)
[quote name='Desbreko' date='08 November 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1289276213' post='701665']
[color=#4B0082]And this is why every single English dub voice actor sounds like an idiot whenever they say Japanese names. No one pronounces the vowels right.[/color]
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]And this is why every single Japanese voice actor sounds like an idiot when they say English words. Engrish sounds just as silly, y'know. :P

And honestly, I had no idea that was how the word "chibi" was pronounced. But I also don't particularly care, so.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome
Posted
[quote name='Desbreko' date='09 November 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1289276213' post='701665']
[color=#4B0082]And this is why every single English dub voice actor sounds like an idiot whenever they say Japanese names. No one pronounces the vowels right.[/color]
[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]Do you mean they don't get them right because they are trying to pronounce them in the Japanese way and failing? Or is it that they pronounce them in the "American" way and that is incorrect?

Ironically, when I see videos of American anime festivals and stuff...I notice that the majority of attendees don't seem to know how to pronounce Japanese words at all. And that's even amongst the enthusiast crowd![/font]
Posted (edited)
[quote name='Allamorph' date='08 November 2010 - 02:12 PM' timestamp='1289254328' post='701638']
[FONT=Calibri]'Cheebee'? '[i]CHEEBEE[/i]'[i]??? [/i]Augh! Is there some weird disease afflicting everyone where we pronounce everything in the weirdest fracking way possible? Good gosh. I don't know anyone who uses the Japanese pronunciation of anime ('ah-nee-may'; we say 'É?-nÉ?h-may' because we're lazy), but we can't get a bloody short-I off our tongues. Pleh.[/FONT]
[/quote]
But... isn't that how it's supposed to be pronounced? o_O I mean, the way Japanese pronunciation is, any i's are pronounced like an "ee" sound. Unless I'm not understanding what your rant is ranting about at all...

I think the advertisements for the OB podcast should all say, "We have a Dutch guy!" :V Edited by Miss Anonymous
Posted
[quote name='Miss Anonymous']But... isn't that how it's supposed to be pronounced? o_O[/quote]

[quote name='Allamorph'][size="2"][b][font="Calibri"]I don't know anyone who uses the Japanese pronunciation of anime[/font]....[/b][/size][/quote]




[FONT=Calibri][font="Arial"][size="1"][b][color="#000000"][color="#fdfdfd"]You just ain't doin' it right.[/color][/color][/b][/size][/font] [/FONT]
Posted (edited)
Well I'll just be over here then, pronouncing things correctly. If you don't mind.

EDIT: [quote name='Allamorph' date='08 November 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1289280246' post='701673']
[FONT=Calibri][font="Arial"][size="1"][b]You just ain't doin' it right.[/b][/size][/font] [/FONT]
[/quote]
I SEE THAT! Edited by Miss Anonymous
Posted
[font="Tahoma"]Thanks for the feedback guys. Little clarification on the whole muffled Korey situation. I don't have an external microphone like Boo does, so I have to use my computers' built in microphone. When we record the podcast, I'm practically shouting anyways. Otherwise you really wouldn't hear me.

So yeah, we're working on EP.2 and brainstorming ideas.

[i](Glad everyone likes Boo though :V )[/i][/font]
Posted
[quote name='AvalonAngel' date='09 November 2010 - 03:47 PM' timestamp='1289281645' post='701676']
[font="Tahoma"]Thanks for the feedback guys. Little clarification on the whole muffled Korey situation. I don't have an external microphone like Boo does, so I have to use my computers' built in microphone. When we record the podcast, I'm practically shouting anyways. Otherwise you really wouldn't hear me.

So yeah, we're working on EP.2 and brainstorming ideas.

[i](Glad everyone likes Boo though :V )[/i][/font]
[/quote]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I was going to suggest doing some sort of post-production editing (i.e. increasing your volume relative to Boo), but that may not improve the clarity. It might be worth trying though.

If you guys keep going on this podcast, I'm sure OB can organise a microphone for you Korey.[/font]
Posted
[quote name='James' date='09 November 2010 - 06:51 AM' timestamp='1289281902' post='701677']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I was going to suggest doing some sort of post-production editing (i.e. increasing your volume relative to Boo), but that may not improve the clarity. It might be worth trying though.

If you guys keep going on this podcast, I'm sure OB can organise a microphone for you Korey.[/font]
[/quote]
Yeah his mic volume went up already by about 50%, but I didn't want to ruin the quality beyond that. Also, we [i]will[/i] do more of these, so Korey'll be expecting a mic in his German mailbox anytime now. 8D
Posted
[quote name='Lady Shy' date='10 November 2010 - 03:43 AM' timestamp='1289324620' post='701695']
Yeah his mic volume went up already by about 50%, but I didn't want to ruin the quality beyond that. Also, we [i]will[/i] do more of these, so Korey'll be expecting a mic in his German mailbox anytime now. 8D
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Haha, well, I've been thinking about ways we can help you guys with the podcast...a microphone is a pretty easy way to start. From there, we'll see how it goes.

Just out of curiosity though, what software do you use to edit the podcasts? [/font]
Posted
Currently Audacity, as it works and I know how it does, but I'm looking into better stuff for Windows. :^D Any recommendations?
Posted
[quote name='Lady Shy' date='10 November 2010 - 09:05 AM' timestamp='1289343952' post='701709']
Currently Audacity, as it works and I know how it does, but I'm looking into better stuff for Windows. :^D Any recommendations?
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Not really, heh. Since I use a Mac, I have GarageBand built in and that's pretty awesome for podcasts. I'm not really aware of an equivalent on Windows, at least in terms of the features offered by GB.

It sounds like Audacity can pretty much do everything you need anyway. :)[/font]
Posted (edited)
I would like to mention that our Podcast is so Podcasty that you can subscribe to it in iTunes! It always takes a while for the Store to accept stuff, but you can be a step ahead by just heading to "Advanced" settings in iTunes after which you select the "Subscribe to Podcast" option.

You enter " [b][url="http://otakuboards.podbean.com/feed/"]http://otakuboards.podbean.com/feed/[/url][/b] " (without the quotation marks) into the place where they want a Feed URL, and VOILA! (that's French for "there you go!") You are now officially subscribed to the OtakuBoards Podcast!

This way you can keep up with new episodes without checking this thread, and you are supporting us by looking like a slightly cooler Podcast, having only 1 subscriber right now. Edited by Lady Shy
Posted
[font="Tahoma"]Boo forgot to mention that we're on Twitter now too! We'll try and tweet when we're looking for guests/ questions and when we're recording/ editing/ sending the podcast.

[url="http://twitter.com/OBPodcast"][u]OB Podcast Twitter[/u][/url][/font]
Posted
[font="Palatino Linotype"]Great work, guys. Also, consider the OB Newsletter. I'll be sending it out once per month and it goes out to all of our members. So if you ever have anything you want me to specifically mention in there, please send me a message here on OB in advance. :)

I'm also hoping to re-format the newsletter a bit better next time - since now I have a better email system on OB - so I should be able to really put emphasis on the podcast and some of our new features.[/font]
Posted
[quote name='James' date='08 November 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1289277365' post='701667'][font="Palatino Linotype"]Do you mean they don't get them right because they are trying to pronounce them in the Japanese way and failing? Or is it that they pronounce them in the "American" way and that is incorrect?

Ironically, when I see videos of American anime festivals and stuff...I notice that the majority of attendees don't seem to know how to pronounce Japanese words at all. And that's even amongst the enthusiast crowd![/font][/quote]
[color=#4B0082]Most of the time, they don't seem to even try to pronounce the names correctly. They usually get both the vowel sounds and the stress placement wrong. Obviously, I don't expect Americans to be able to pronounce things exactly the same as the Japanese, but it would sound a lot better if they at least got close instead of totally mangling them.

And yeah, most fans are the same way. But I'd expect better from professional dub studios and voice actors.

For the record, it makes me facepalm every time I hear someone say "o-nih-may" with the short O and I sounds. Especially when they hear me say it the proper way and actually try to correct me. -_-[/color]
Posted
[quote name='Desbreko' date='11 November 2010 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1289461902' post='701740']
[color=#4B0082]
For the record, it makes me facepalm every time I hear someone say "o-nih-may" with the short O and I sounds. Especially when they hear me say it the proper way and actually try to correct me. -_-[/color]
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]All I can say is, be very glad you've never heard me say "OtakuBoards". The only way I could ever say the word "otaku" properly is to put on a very deliberate Japanese accent, which sounds horribly lame coming from a western person.

But if I say it in my native accent, it doesn't really remotely sound like the original word.

So whenever I make my podcast debut, I might use the term "OB" instead. Haha. :P[/font]
Posted
I would be nice to hear Aussie!James again! Do you have a better microphone now, James? I would also like to help with the podcast too if you need it.
Posted (edited)
Ohay OBers, we have a new podcast! This episode we talk about RC cars, panties and other things that you'll just have to listen to! The cast also features some cameos from members that you may notice.

[url="http://otakuboards.podbean.com/2010/11/19/ob-podcast-002-looking-into-the-futer/"]OB Podcast EP 2: Looking into the Futer[/url]

If you like our podcast, [u][color="#0000FF"][url="http://otakuboards.podbean.com/feed/"]suscribe to us in iTunes[/url][/color][/u]. That way you automatically get the latest podcast without having to check the thread. Also, follow us on [url="http://twitter.com/OBPodcast"][u][color="#0000FF"]twitter[/color][/u][/url] to get the latest updates from the show. We'll tweet when we're looking for guests, questions and whatever else we cook up!

If you want to be involved in future episodes of the podcast or you'd like to make a suggestion, feel free to either respond to the thread or PM Boo or myself. User feedback is what keeps the podcast rolling, so let us know how we're doing and what we can improve on! Edited by AvalonAngel
Posted
Geez, guys, I don't do [i]that[/i] much for the podcast! X3

Love the parts about CaNz, of course! Futer: What the hell.

SHINMARU. First of all, happy birthday and WHOA you have a deep, intimidating voice! :blink:
Posted (edited)
Oh yeah:

[quote][b]CaNz:[/b] 08 Nov 2010 - 08:14 Fantastic job on the podcast Boo! is there any way for me to sign up for a [u]futer[/u] production?[/quote]

Also, another shout out to James for the lovely mic. I was so awestruck that I hardly was able to say more than a few "ha"s and "yeah"s mostly. Luckily I'm just there for the European accent comic relief.

Oh yeah and I want AvalonAngel Korey to have Wigglytuff as his avatar, like this:
[IMG]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/1135/wigglyav.png[/IMG] Edited by Boo
Posted (edited)
that was totally on purpose!
i am all about podcasts that promote tweaking and messing around with... um... things...
i just wanted to know if Boo had any ins since you guys are so famous now, i just figured you had to do some futering to do it.

(also that's what you get for looking up a typos on urban dictionary!) Edited by CaNz

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...