OtakuBoards

What do you do when the internet is not working?

CaNz

[attachment=14935:i am friggen bored..jpg]
well my internet was shot for forever and i didn't have much to do, so i did this for the fun of it.
well... most of these games really aren't all that much fun... but I did it anyways!

Last time I was without Internet I marathoned final fantasy 9 and finished a little over a week. I did the same for final fantasy 10. Pokemon is also great for times like that. When it comes to not having Internet temporarily, I do any number of things. I read a book, go for a run, clean my room for once, and play with my dog.

I read, and then read some more! Seriously, it's almost pathological.

The last time my e-net went bye-bye (lasted around a week, I think?) I just spend most of my free time (hahaha!) reading. If I could read all day, I would. But nowadays, I [i]try[/i] and keep up with some anime I'm watchin', in addition to reading. My books beside be are giving me a guilt trip at this moment, so I must go now.

Well, last time I didn't have internet, I had no electricity as well... So what I did was just do my homework and read until it got too dark to read. Then I would end up going to bed at 8 or 9 pm... It sucked. -_-
But if I didn't have internet, but I had electricity..I would get on the internet with my phone. :V But I would also play my video games and actually set up my TV in my room. (Right now it's just sitting there...unhooked. lol)

[quote name='CaNz' date='24 November 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1290632272' post='702138']
[attachment=14935:i am friggen bored..jpg]
well my internet was shot for forever and i didn't have much to do, so i did this for the fun of it.
well... most of these games really aren't all that much fun... but I did it anyways!
[/quote]
dude, nice! minesweeper's great XD
and I just lost the game...
anyway! i play video games, watch anime, draw, play guitar, study, etc. ^^;

so i started my thxgiving with a power outage and guess the same things happen.
I pulled a PR and read my book... problem was i finished it before the power came back!
I really need to buy a back-up book for when I finish em, cause I always end up finishing them when i have time to kill.

luckily my laptop battery was charged so i played some old N64 games (I saved Anju and Kafei's marriage) Edited by CaNz

I'm usually playing some game but since I don't have a working console I've been having to resort to the DS with this [strike]cheatin ###[/strike] stupid game. If the internet were to go out now I'm pretty much SoL since I don't really have anything to keep me occupied at the moment.

[quote name='Pleiades Rising' date='24 November 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1290658682' post='702165']
I read, and then read some more! Seriously, it's almost pathological.

The last time my e-net went bye-bye (lasted around a week, I think?) I just spend most of my free time (hahaha!) reading. If I could read all day, I would. But nowadays, I [i]try[/i] and keep up with some anime I'm watchin', in addition to reading. My books beside be are giving me a guilt trip at this moment, so I must go now.
[/quote]

You will henceforth be known as Pleiades "The Paper" Rising.

I guess if I lost both the internet AND my DVD player due to a power outage I too would fall back on reading.  The material would most likely come from my equally obsene collection of manga though.  

I think being in a hotel without wifi should count.
I did that for a few days (i am sure everyone missed me horribly)

well...what i did was play card games such as [url="http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3955/bang"]BANG![/url]
man that game is fun.

[size="1"]I moved back in June and I didn't get internet until five months later. My boyfriend gave me a laptop, and I could somewhat connect through someone else's connection in te building, but it wasn't very good. Lol. Sometimes I took my laptop with me to Starbucks so I could check my e-mail and whatnot.

I have work and training during the week, so thats most of my time. Weekends I still train, and run(though its harder now with cold weather and living on the second floor; tredmill can be disturbing, ha).[/size]

[quote name='Pumpkin' date='15 December 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1292469405' post='702792']
[font="Arial Narrow"]I froth at the mouth and mumble uncontrollably and talk to my imaginary friend. Mr. Cuddlewinkins. Doesnt everybody? ;] [/font][size="2"][/size][color="#000080"][/color]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"]My Mr. Cuddlewinkins died in a tragic snowboard jousting accident 5 years ago...but thank you for bringing up those horribly painful memories again :( [/font]

Stuck in a hotel with no wifi? What is that horror that you speak of, my friend?! If I were in that situation and I forgot to bring a book (the horror), I'd still have a large number of pdf files to read. Most of it's academic, but it's what I live for. So yeah, I'd still be reading in that unfortunate event as well.

But if..[i].if[/i]...I don't read anything, I'd probably draw something. Now that is something that [i]really [/i]takes up plenty of my time. It's a fun hobby, but whenever I attempt to draw something, I pretty much have to dedicate a week or more to whatever it is I'm drawing. If I have enough time and inspiration hits, then I'll do some art.

It sucked a lot... and I have problems with reading... when I finish a book it takes me forever to get a new one... (I am cheap and really only buy things I know I will like)
I do most of my reading.... yes.... online! Its bad, but I cant help it... maybe i should find a library near me... ( I could go to the school one... but I doubt anything there would appeal to me... I would probably just end up hopping on a computer and using their internet)

[quote name='SarahPatricia' timestamp='1292815391' post='702975']
I open photoshop when there's no internet....
[/quote]

I cant really draw so the most i can usually do in photoshop is text effects without the internet to supply me with photos to edit...
(also i forgot my laptop at a friends house so i gotta get my internet duties out of the way when my friend isnt using it... which is why i am on at 5 am)

^ Well you can make a resources folder in your hard drive and download images and everything that you MIGHT want to use some other time. (If you get your laptop back) 

Something like this

[url="http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8274/resourcesu.png"][image link][/url]

So that if you don't have the internet, you can still do something fun in Photoshop ^_^ Edited by SarahPatricia