Fall Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 In real life, many people act differently as they do on the internet. They do more things on the internet, that they find hard to do in real-life. The internet, in a way, is a life-saver for certain people. Do you, in any way, act differently to as you do in in real-life on the internet? Does the way you talk, think, do, see differ when ou're online? For me, I'd have to say the way I talk differs alot....There's no way I'd talk like this to my friend's in real-life, face to face.
Juu Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 [color=deeppink] [size=1]I'm [i]much[/i] quieter... and I'm such an idiot irl.... :rolleyes: But basically... this is the way I talk, and I'm pretty much the same irl and icl.... ^^'[/color] [/size]
SS Vegeta Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 Well, I would like to think that I don't act much different. I mean really who cares what people think of you. They are just people. :p As of now in my social classification at school I am labeled skater. Probably because I listen to punk, metal, and I skate. :toothy: A few days ago some Homie G-Dogs (Or whatever) were trying to start some shiz-nit with me and my friend Andrew. I am not big on fighting at school, but I am not going to back down from them. Anyway, they ended up backing down so I never got in trouble. :p Woah, what was this thread about again. LOL :p
Warlock Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 Hmmm... Well, one thing's for certain, I don't use so many dots IRL. And I don't 'hmmmm...' so much. I pretty much open my mouth and talk without thinking at...
Rain Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 I think I probably talk more online...in real life I'm so quiet around people I don't know. It's just easier to talk to someone you don't know very well if you don't actually see them, lol. But me and my (real life) friends can at like total morons sometimes and I don't think I ever act that stupid online:D
Break Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 [size=1]I'm also quite shy and quiet around people I don't know. But as for people I know, I'm as random and crazy as I am on AIM ^-^; [b]EDIT:[/b] BabyGirl calls it an "explosive personality" she said it's a good thing to have so :p[/size]
Fall Posted September 14, 2002 Author Posted September 14, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Break [/i] [B][size=1]I'm also quite shy and quiet around people I don't know. But as for people I know, I'm as random and crazy as I am on AIM ^-^; [b]EDIT:[/b] BabyGirl calls it an "explosive personality" she said it's a good thing to have so :p[/size] [/B][/QUOTE] Lol, yeah, you're weird on AIM....o.O I'm not usually shy, I just find it hard to talk to people I've never even seen or heard of before on-line. Though most of the time I find a way around that.
(<AA>) Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 I'm very diffrenet IRL than I am online. I can't really explian but much more diffrenet.
MarkM Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 Yes i agree that people do act differently on the indernet...My friends will say things that I know they wouldn't say inperson but online they will say stuff.
Transtic Nerve Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 Well on the net I'm more outgoing. Like usually I don't just talk about sh*t with strangers on a daily basis. But yes, in real life, I still do enjoy making fun of stupid people as well as hating them.
ifm2181 Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 I'm pretty much the same irl on on the net... and..um...yeah.
Boba Fett Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 [COLOR=green]I can type a lot better than I can speak, so I have more friends on the net than in real life...:( In real life I am a loner...[/COLOR]
ifm2181 Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 All my friends are the ones that everyone else avoids, cause they seem stupid. Best friends I've ever had. I only talk in school when I'm with someone that I actually know. If it's someone that I don't know, I hardly say anything. Maybe one or two words.
wrist cutter Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 In real life I don't use my energy trying to make others feel bad about themselves and hate me. I reserve that side of me for this place.
amiboshi Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 I'm kinda the same irl and online, but I think it's easier to stay happy when I'm talking to people online. I mean, irl, I can only smile for so long. O.o And you don't usually get an awkward air online. So yeah....I think I'm much happier, and can be nicer too, online. But I'm usually nice to most people irl anyway. ^-^
Anna Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 I act the same whereever I am, whatever I'm doing. If y'all were irl right here in front of me, I'd be saying the same things I'm typing. I just don't see the point in puting up a front if you ever want to have real relationships with people. And people are [i]just[/i] people; no reason to be shy or anything. Just thought I'd say that, because when I was very young, I was shy. But then when I was about.. 13 or something like that, I stopped caring about what people thought of me.... I think I was afraid of people when I was little.... and then I realized everyone out there was just as stupid and full of errors as me, and that everyone can be more alike than they realize.
amibasuki Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 [font=arial]I'm pretty much the same online as in real life, can't think of any differences.[/font]
Kei Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 [color=blue]I'm quiet most of the time in real life, somewhat like I am online, but when I do talk, there's a lot more cursing.[/color]
Sara Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 I don't believe I act very differently IRL vs. Online. Of course, there are some things that don't translate well into type. I'm more 'talkative' online, because facial expressions and whatnot won't get you very far if people can't see them. I act the same general way everywhere, tho. Some audiences are more receptive than others.
PiroMunkie Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 [color=indigo]I'm pretty much the same in real life as I am online. The only real difference is that I can convey words to people better online since I'm not verbally speaking to people. Typing allows me to go back and correct errors, or expand with more time to put thought into a subject. In real life, I rarely speak, and whn I do it's usually not much.. and people don't really listen to me anyway...[/color]
GotenksSSJ343 Posted September 14, 2002 Posted September 14, 2002 In irl I'm quite, but online I'm a bit odd. But really most of the time there's no diffrence.
DeathKnight Posted September 15, 2002 Posted September 15, 2002 [color=crimson]I'm the same IRL folks. Brash, Blunt, Comedic, and a complete Idiot. Yeap... I'm a freak. :bluesweat -K[/color]
Chaos Posted September 15, 2002 Posted September 15, 2002 I'm more or less the same in day-to-day life as I am online. Except online I have more tolernce for things. Because I have my hentai and Emulators to keep me calm...^-^;;; In other words, you **** with me in real life, and you gonna get played...hella bad.
Utena_Tenjou Posted September 15, 2002 Posted September 15, 2002 I act pretty different, people say I'm more evil over the internet :devil: and I seem to be more social, in real life, I'm very shy and quiet, and usually keep to myself.
BabyGirl Posted September 15, 2002 Posted September 15, 2002 [color=deeppink]Eheh...Jenna is much crazier in real life :angel:[/color]
Recommended Posts