OtakuBoards

Men today...

Avalon

i know every girl in the place is gonna hate this... but, usually the best guy for you is, just as others have said, right in front of you.
usually its that guy you think of as a friend. yea, he really likes you. youll be able to tell next time he says he has something to tell you and doesnt say anything important, or during the next uncomfortable silence.
just go for it. be forth coming and outright ballsy.
especially if your friend is a descent looking fella. thats your man.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=deeppink] [size=1]2/3 of the guys I know are all either really nice, my best friends,.... and... :bluesweat: okay, I'll shut up now... @_@ *hides from bryan*

the other 1/3 of the guys I know.. are jerks...
I used to follow my friends to thier skateparks and videotape them... @_@
(at least I got to use my videocamera....)

Anyway,.... they would pay me to videotape them, and then turn it into a tape.... no special graphic or anythin....
just a simple tape...like a home movie...

*ahem* anyway... the guys at the skateparks were total jerks...
They were scary too.... ><[/color] [/size]

I guess if you want to find a good "man" or "woman," one way is if you look at yourself first to see what you like and what makes you who you are. Once you know that, then go out and do the stuff that you like to do. You'll eventually meet someone that you'll feel comfortable with talking about whatever it is for a long, long time. That way you'll know if that person's right for you or not...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Say "Hi"... That's what usually allows you to meet different people.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] :laugh: Piro, that was so...sarcastic. It takes more than that to find that special someone...I mean I say hi to some girls at my school, and some say hi to me....has it led anywhere? No, of course not. Sarcasm is funny...:D [/color]

[B][color=indigo]Say "Hi"... That's what usually allows you to meet different people.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]Piro you don't know how right you are. Anywho Panny don't try to look too hard, or else you will miss the guys that are right in front of your nose.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]........*Stands in front of Panny Chan*[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AnimeLover [/i]
[B][color=red]:laugh: Piro, that was so...sarcastic. It takes more than that to find that special someone...I mean I say hi to some girls at my school, and some say hi to me....has it led anywhere? No, of course not. Sarcasm is funny...:D[/color][/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. Try never greeting a person, and see if that gets you anywhere. A simple "Hello" can take you a long way. Whether you travel that way is the choice you and the other person would have to make.[/color]

[B][color=indigo]I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. Try never greeting a person, and see if that gets you anywhere. A simple "Hello" can take you a long way. Whether you travel that way is the choice you and the other person would have to make.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] Oh, well, it sounded sarcastic...well, I guess what you are saying is true in a way...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Panny Chan ;) [/i]
[B]This is something that my aunt told me: "All men are dogs." I know that this is not true but it seems that all the good men are either hiding or extinct. Are there any good men out there? If so, where are they? This is just a few questions that have been on my mind that are in need of asking... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]i'm sorry, i did not read this whole thread.

i have more guy friends than girl. i think it's a pretty gross generalization to ask what's wrong w/ guys. we are all human beings w/ flaws, & there's no gender that's better than the other. i understand that you've probably been hurt, panny chan, but if you listen to your aunt, you're taking some really bad advice. there are really lots of good men out there.

i wish i could elaborate, but i get tired of hearing this kind of thing.[/COLOR]

[B][color=indigo]I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. Try never greeting a person, and see if that gets you anywhere. A simple "Hello" can take you a long way. Whether you travel that way is the choice you and the other person would have to make.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=darkblue]this is so true.

the only way to get to know people is to introduce yourself. i don't know why people fear rejection so bad. it's kind of ridiculous. you'd think people were getting killed or something.[/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]"Good guys" are usually the men that girls see as the good friends, and someone who they would be unlikely to date. It strangely happens to be that way a majority of the time :whoops:

For a long time I had trouble believing that good guys do exist, but recently I've had a chance to see first hand that they [i]do[/i] ^-^

Just hang in there...your man will come :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]"Good guys" are usually the men that girls see as the good friends, and someone who they would be unlikely to date. It strangely happens to be that way a majority of the time :whoops:

For a long time I had trouble believing that good guys do exist, but recently I've had a chance to see first hand that they [i]do[/i] ^-^

Just hang in there...your man will come :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] Or girl!(in my case) [/color]

For those guys that think girls only want bad boys and deserve what they get...

:rotflmao:

Ouch! Sounds like someone has a rather large chip on their shoulders. Sounds suspiciously like that age-old cry of blaming others. Its not me, its you that is the problem. Well, sorry to burst your bubbles guys, but yeah, you are part of the problem too.

Before you start telling girls how to live their lives and who to choose, maybe you ought to get your own house together first.

You know a little exercise wouldn't kill you. Neither would a little bit of ambition and drive. Nor would a little bit of civility and charm. Before you start judging others, maybe you should have a real hard look in the mirror at yourself first.

Or not... :D :D :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gokents [/i]
[B]id like to come out and thank all of you for the support of my comments. and id like to tell all the ladies...
theres still time to change your ways and wise up. [/B][/QUOTE]

Guys aren't so good either. You all seem to pick the attractive ditz who can't tell the different between a potato chip and a lamp. Usually they laugh at whatever you say and tend not to speak alot, if they do it's usually something always out of context. I don't see how you can think of yourself any better. Perhaps it's time for you men to wise up.

You're stereotyping and generalizing either way... what's the difference lol.

I don't really agree with either side of this. People are complex. I can't have one single opinion about all women or all men because generally no two are alike. The fact that everyone here seems to have some different opinion on all of this is proof of that. But oh well heh.

I personally like someone to talk to, so I certainly would never date a complete idiot... no matter what she was like otherwise.

i dont think its too cool to act like all fellas choose idiot bimbos that look good. i also dont think its too cool to act like all the guys out there have no motivation, drive and end up just sitting around all day.
i know that not all guys are perfect and the same goes for girls, but the fact is, there are tons of girls who are only intrested in certain types of guys. trust me, the guys who cant get the girls are not the ones going out of their way to choose girls who have no intelligence and a whole bunch of good looks.
most of the good guys are the ones who live their lives by their own standard. that means going out and being active when its fun and enjoyable, not turtore just so a shallow girl will like them.
also, i think its important to say that not all guys who dont get girls are "fat" plenty of us are in perfect shape and still have these common problems.
hey, i just figured it out. all the guys having problems should just decide to be gay. what a great way to stop dealling with women. oh wait that woulnt work because, well atleast for me, theres that little moral objection and the whole biological mismatching.
oh well, i guess theres no answer besides the one that got me the only girl i ever really cared for...
be your self and wait your turn. it will happen eventually.

dude that crap is so insulting.
what makes you think you know anything about me.
ive cared for people and you know nothing of them or me.
you only know about yourself and your experience, so try speaking from that. not speaking for me or against me.
looks .vs. personality.
if they look like that thing in you banner, ill take personality; if they act like you, ill take looks. till i get the chance to choose, im gonna do exactly what i suggested for every one, live the way i can and want to, then one day something will happen... or maybe not.

thanks, and i am sorry to have dis respected.
i formally apoligize, and for the quality of the thread i will refrain from petty bickering.
my bad.
but for the record, and for the sake of panny chans thread; i really do believe all i have said and i hope it has not come across as just some routine to try and show "charactor".
bottom line is, just like yamcha said..."fighting is realitivly easy compared to love." its just the hardest game out there and its even harder to tell whether you have won or lost.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Panny Chan ;) [/i]
[B]:nervous: alright people, calm down...let's have a civilized, mature discussion.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]What Panny said, now all we need is wrist cutter to accept the apology and we'll be on our way.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Who cares about any of that stuff. As long as you love the person and they love you back, personality, looks, and everything in between doesn't matter anymore. I believe happiness is the key to love. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=crimson]I couldn't have said it better myself.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]gokents... give it up.

This topic seems to be turning into looks vs. personality... which always ends with people lying their asses off so they look righteous. 99% of the guys here would be unable to say no if an attractive girl asked them out - and the other 1% is gay. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] Very true. I'm certain if a good looking girl asked me out I would have to say yes. But I know we wouldn't be able to match up, because most good looking people are usually ignorant. Sad but true. [/color]

[color=indigo]Looks and personality kind of work hand-in-hand, though. A bad personality can make even the most beautiful person ugly, just as a great personality can make an unattractive person pretty. My recent girlfriend (we're just friends now though, and not like we just [i]said[/i] we're just going to be friends and never talk to each other again, we're still very much friends) probably, to most people wouldn't seem all that attractive, yet I find that she is. She's a great friend to have with fun things to talk about all that time. That, in itself, makes her more attractive.[/color]