OtakuBoards

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers...

MarkM

Well, I saw it; opening day. Me who thought I would never see it. --; First let me give you some background information. ;)

I wasn't actually supposed to see the movie. I was going to go to anime club, but since my mom was kind of sick, I came home in case she was so sick that I wouldn't have a ride home. My brother and dad were already at the theatre, and it was starting time when my mom went to drop me off. And then when it ended, I couldn't find my dad in time and...yeah, they left without me, without knowing I was even there.

I actually really [spoiler]liked[/spoiler] movie. I thought that it was so [spoiler]good[/spoiler], that it was even [spoiler]better[/spoiler] than the last one. I [i]especially[/i] [spoiler]liked[/spoiler] the part when they [spoiler]fought in that big war[/spoiler]. I'm not going to spoil the movie for someone who actually wants to see this, so I won't say any more.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=red][b]"that big war" was The Battle For Helms Deep. You really don't need to spoiler it out. Tho, I will need to spoil this out:
[spoiler]I thought one of the best scenes in the movie was when Legolas jumped on the shield and rode it down the stairs, firing his arrows at the orcs as he went. Then jumped and the shield went thru an orc. It was the best.[/spoiler]
I can't wait to see it again.[/b][/color]

[color=red][b]THE DWARF?! THE DWARF?! THE DWARF'S NAME IS GIMLI! ROARRRR!! :mad: :mad:

sry, I get worked up about LotR. And yes, Gimli was quite funny.[/b][/color]

[color=red][b]I hate it when people do things to piss me off. lol

I liked when he [spoiler]fell off his horse and started to yell "it was intentional, it was intentional!"[/spoiler] lol. that was great. or when he [spoiler]starts to count how many kills he has vs. Legolas. "Hey Legolas, I've got 2!" "I've got 19"[/spoiler] lol[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I saw it last night at midnight...it is unbelievable. I don't want to spoil thing for the rest of you, but it "is" even better then the first instalment, the special effects will blow your mind...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Thats no shock, the two towers is the first to have battle scenes like this. Basically all the tiny little characters you see from afar and are computer generated are programmed at random. so really the ones who program it have no idea where half the fighters are going. Thats kind of cool.

[color=deeppink] [size=1]The funny thing is, after the Two Towers, I don't remember about 1/2 of the things that happened in the Fellowship of the Ring... ^^;;

It was so exciting. I was exausted, but I couldn't close my eyes. I came home around 4:30, then I nearly collapsed on my bed. I had Smergle's voice stuck in my head, and it freaked me out. o_o;[/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt [/i]
[B][color=red][b]or when he [spoiler]starts to count how many kills he has vs. Legolas. "Hey Legolas, I've got 2!" "I've got 19"[/spoiler] lol[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
I actually had the impression that [spoiler]Legolas had said 17, but it doesn't really matter[/spoiler].

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BigCajones [/i]
[B]Can someone tell me (someone who has seen the film) is it worth watching, because if not then i will save my money up!

Thanks ... [/B][/QUOTE]
If you ask me or anyone here, I'm pretty sure they'd say it's worth the money. Trust me on this; it's one of my favorite movies. Who would have guessed, lol. o_O

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]I watched this film last night as I luckily booked tickets a few weeks before, but I have to say, I was on the edge of my seat through all of it. I was particularily impressed with the ents.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]The only flaw I found with this film was pretty much that Frodo's and Sam's part in the film dragged on a bit in my opinion, but it was still very original and played out most of what you'd expect, if you've read the books. In my opinion, Helm's Deep was the most intense and most exciting part of the film, but overall the film was extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY clever in how it was made. I'd recommend this film to anyone.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i]
[B]I actually had the impression that [spoiler]Legolas had said 17, but it doesn't really matter[/spoiler].
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Some where around there. lol. I am going to see it again tomorrow! WEEEEE! I am very dissapointed that they [spoiler]didn't include the fight with the shloom (or however u spell it) at the end of the movie like they did the book. O well, something to look forward to for Return of the King. :)[/spoiler][/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt [/i]
[B][color=red][b][spoiler]didn't include the fight with the shloom (or however u spell it) at the end of the movie like they did the book. O well, something to look forward to for Return of the King. :)[/spoiler][/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]!!!
There's more!?!?! O_O

You're so lucky you get to see it again, and so quickly too. My dad and I ran to get the last pair of tickets, and it was midnight!! There were people setting out their sleeping bags too. :whoops:

I always like watching a movie for the second time. ^_^ I always notice alot more and enjoy it even more than the first. Perhaps next time, I'll see it at an earlier time @_@;;;;[/color] [/size]

THE LAST TICKET!????!?!?!?!?!
Girl, you gotta get a move on!! I wanted to see it so bad yesterday, but since it was a weekday, my dad didn't want to. Anyway, I had my math exam this morning.....but we're going to see it on Friday when my sister comes in from LA. She and her husband (and me and my dad!!!!) are really big fans of LOTR so we are not planning on missing it. But I have a feeling that she already saw it. Oh well, I'm sure she won't mind seeing it again! And hopefully we'll go eat a Benihana!!!

I just saw The Two Towers this afternoon... which is funny, becvause I've never seen The Fellowship of the Ring. I think it was really good. A little lengthy for my taste (It was day when I entered the theatre, and the sun was setting set on my way out), but it was a good movie.

Hot Damn,

I loved it.

Nothing in it was bad except the experience of watching a 60 foot screen from 15 feet away because I was in a sold out movie theater.

Im gonna go see it again in a couple of weeks when it woulnt be as crowded.

Still, it was an amazing movie. I cant wait for the return of the king.

Ive heard some stuff about the symbolism in the books and I thought I would mention one.

The scene where they are walking through the swamp with all the dead people in the floor of it. That was taken directly from the authors experience in ww1.

Now for my own observation. Im wondering if the tree people that attack at the end are supposed to represent America in a way. They were reluctant to enter the war, and decided not to get in to it. But then when they had the war directly effect them by having innocents of their people killed, they jumped in and kicked some ***. What do you think?

I saw it yesterday..... wow, I love this story. I mean I just marvel at how complex and real they've made it, so that you almost believe it really happened. I saw the first one four times in a theater, and I'll probably see this on another three times as well. ^_^ Sadly I haven't read the books--I'm only in like, chapter 5 of Fellowship, and that was LAST Christmas (haven't picked it up since then)--so I guess that's why I was a little taken aback at [spoiler]how little of Frodo and Sam the showed, how they weren't the main focus of the movie like they were in the last one, where Frodo carried a lot of the storyline.[/spoiler]

One of my favorite elements was [spoiler]Gollum, or "Smeegle", however you spell it. His character is so precious (no pun intended ) especially when he's debating between his two selves, oh it's wonderful. And I like how well done he was, too, how they realistic they made him. And THEN at the END how he turned into his evil self I was like 'nooo! You were doing so well!'. [/spoiler] Ah, there's a bunch of stuff I wanna talk about, but I'll wait 'til later.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]One of my favorite elements was [spoiler]Gollum, or "Smeegle", however you spell it. His character is so precious (no pun intended ) especially when he's debating between his two selves, oh it's wonderful. And I like how well done he was, too, how they realistic they made him. And THEN at the END how he turned into his evil self I was like 'nooo! You were doing so well!'. [/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]I loved that too! [spoiler]My favorite part with Gollum is when he was arguing with himself, I was laughing my arse off.[/spoiler] I can't wait until next year to see Return of the King. I guess The Matrix Reloaded will have to hold me. :)[/b][/color]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Oooh yeah!! It was [spoiler]hilarious. I really thought Smeegle was cute. The whole theater was laughing, actually. ^_^ I loved the first scene he was fighting with himself. He kept saying, "yeess~" "No!" "Yes" "No No No.." "Yes Yes Yes"
He was adorable. Even though his voice did freak me out a little.[/spoiler]

Oooh and the dwarf jokes were funny, especially [spoiler]where he said, "Toss me." And Leggy stared at him oddly, "Toss me. Just... don't tell the elves."[/spoiler] And also, I liked that part, as someone else mentioned, where he said, [spoiler]"I've got seven!" (or...two), and Legolas said, "I've got nineteen."[/spoiler]

It was all [spoiler]awesome.^_^[/spoiler][/color] [/size]

[color=red] Damn you Flashy. I was just going to say that.

Eh. I saw it yesterday. And of course, it was well done. Except, as I think Valen said, [spoiler]they should have gone up to where the second book stops, in-between the fight against Shelob, the spider. Because that was one of the best and most dramatic parts of the entire book for me. I'm not going to give away much of it for now, but let's jst say it has something to do with the cave Gollum mentioned, heh.[/spoiler]

The special effects were even that much more of a wow factor this time around. The battle at Helm's Deep was utterly awesome and completley amazing. [spoiler]It added even that much more element and surround to you that Middle-Earth was a real place, and they just executed the battle so well. So very well. That part of it firmly gripped my down in my seat.[/spoiler]

Another thing that was in the second book that they should've included was [spoiler] Eowyn's slaying of the Nazgul Witch King. That was also a very sweet part from the second book. Ah, but I suppose they're saving all of these gem parts from the second to make the third even better. And saying the third one's going to be better already is pretty damn good considering how good this one was.[/spoiler]

If you haven't seen this movie yet, I'd get yourself down as fast as you can. And if you think Tolkien's world isn't for you, then you aren't giving him a chance. His books, and the movie of course, all have many prevelant human emotions, natures, and just all around things that people can pick out and feel deep inside themselves, and relate powerfully to. [spoiler] From the love of Arwen and Aragorn, the relationship of Sam and Frodo, and so very many more relationships and just little things found in the books and the movies, if you're denying this a chance, then you're missing out on very much.

On another note, I'd like to see The Silmarillion made into a movie. That book I found to be even better than The Lord of The Rings, and I think it'd make one damn awesome movie if they took it and did it as good as The Lord of The Rings. Ah, but that's only a dream. Probably won't happen.[/spoiler]

Oh, and another thing that added more to this movie. [spoiler]The humor, as you've all mentioned. I didn't really look to find any humor in any of these movies, I mean, well, there was humor in the books, of course, but the books have a more serious tone then the movie put forth. But that's fine, because a movie will never be exactly like a book. I've learned to accept that, and I've always stood by that the book is always better. Which in this case, it is.[/spoiler][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=red]
Another thing that was in the second book that they should've included was [spoiler] Eowyn's slaying of the Nazgul Witch King. That was also a very sweet part from the second book. Ah, but I suppose they're saving all of these gem parts from the second to make the third even better. And saying the third one's going to be better already is pretty damn good considering how good this one was.[/spoiler][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

you mean they didn't include that... @#$!%

definitly gtta see it, got almost all of JRRs books + both releases of TFOTR (and i'm gonna buy both of this one as well), now if i can just find an empty seat in the theatre

on a side note: everybody really loves these spoiler tags

I really liked the wonderful architecture of Helms Deep and Edoras and the image of Frodo in front of the Nazgûl

What gives me the most surprise was that the scene that probably effects me the most is the [spoiler]"Last March of the Ents", to see them striding through the ruined trees to Isengard encapsulates (for me) everything that Tolkien was trying to say.[/spoiler]

The first time [spoiler]Gollum was talking to himself was really funny. But after that it became half funny, and half sad as you realise the tragedy of this character.[/spoiler]

But Gollum carried the film in my view and the interplay between Sam/Frodo and Gollum was brilliant. It was pretty clear that PJ had spent a lot of time in getting this part right. I thought the way the split personality of Gollum was portrayed on screen was excellent. Definite CG oscar material.

Gollum is still, without a doubt the star of this film (after Legolas !).

I was actually kind of disapointed that Frodo's voyage wasn't shown more, with him being made out as the main character. He wasn't even [spoiler]in that big battle (helms deep) o_O[/spoiler].

I'm planning on seeing it again, sometime after Christmas with my friend, who has also already seen it. But then, it was a great movie. :D