Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [size=1]Aw, Gav! :^D That is so sweet! And well, it might suck for the boyfriend, but if she would choose you, it should not really matter because she did not like him enough anyway. Tada! Besides, its only handy that she has a boyfriend, because if she does not choose for you, you can blame it on that she does not want to ruin anything or that she feels sorry for the boyfriend! Whoo! As for love letters. Ehm, well not really. Neither way really. I once sent a mix[strike]tape[/strike]disc... I think pretty much one and a half year ago. Oh, I did sent an SMS once with [i]‘‘if I were just a bit less sober, I would be able to pull the courage together to say "I love you" right now :x’’[/i] or something alike, but it did not really work. ;_; Now we are dazzlingly in love with each other and will have our 1½ years anniversary soonish. :3[/size]
  2. [center][size=5]Otaku[b]Boards[/b][/size] [size=10][FONT="Georgia"]Signature Of The Week[/size] [size=5]Voting | Week 008[/FONT][/size][/center] [size=1]This is the voting thread for [b]Week 008[/b], where all members of the OtakuBoards community are welcome and encouraged to join and vote for their favorite banner for the week. Voting will be taking place until [color=red][b]Monday December 8th, 2008[/color] @ 5:00 PM GMT[/b]. The next SOTW contest will begin shortly after that date. [b]A few notes before voting[/b] [list][*]We encourage you to both vote in the poll [i]and[/i] reply with a post stating who you voted for and why. In the post you can let the participant know what you liked, didn't like and in the latter case, how they could improve. For further information, please read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59385][i]Art Studio Basics[/i][/url] thread, on Constructive Criticism. [*]Remember, this is a banner contest. Therefor, [i]please do not vote for someone because you like the person so much[/i], but instead vote for someone because you like the banner over the other banners. [*]When voting, you're asked to also look at how well the banner fits the theme. This week's theme is [b]Hobbies[/b] and the contestants went many ways with this topic![/list] Without further ado, here are the entries for this week's Signature of the Week![/size] [center][FONT="Georgia"][size=5]SOTW [COLOR="DimGray"]Entries[/COLOR][/size][/font] [size=1] [b]Cat[/b] [IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/tcb.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/tcb.jpg[/url] [b]Hobbies:[/b] [i]Tarot card readings.[/i] [b]Lucy[/b] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/like-an-animal.jpg[/img] [url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/meoi/like-an-animal.jpg[/url] [b]Hobbies:[/b] [i]??1) Playing with Photoshop's blending filters; 2) looking at pictures of pretty boys; hence 3) listening to songs by hide (whose song "Beauty & Stupid" is also featured here); 4) collecting yaoi. Quite evident, wasn't it???[/i] [b]Rachmaninoff[/b] [img]http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/221/musicbancm1.png[/IMG] [url]http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/221/musicbancm1.png[/url] [b]Hobbies:[/b] [I]Music.[/i] [b]SaiyanPrincessX[/b] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/SaiyanPrincessX/MauyThai_OB.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/SaiyanPrincessX/MauyThai_OB.jpg[/url] [b]Hobbies:[/b] [i]Muay Thai kickboxing[/i] [b]Vicky[/b] [IMG]http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/19/l_ead81e8f7419447b99ccdc52eff2490a.png[/IMG] [url]http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/19/l_ead81e8f7419447b99ccdc52eff2490a.png[/url] [b]Hobbies:[/b] [i]??music, well actually an obsession with the Adicts. I call collecting pictures and obsessing over them a hobby.??[/i] [/center][/size]
  3. [size=1]Size is not that much of a problem if you just upload it to another source than OtakuBoards, and put in between [IMG] tags. In this case you could use: [b]Banner 1[/b] [noparse][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/SaiyanPrincessX/NeuvoRichPrincess_sig.jpg[/IMG][/noparse] [b]Banner 2[/b] [noparse][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/SaiyanPrincessX/Ninamori_Eri_OBsig.jpg[/IMG][/noparse] Just copy and paste one of them into your signature and it should be fine. Just to make sure I am not talking rubbish right now, I checked it myself and it was indeed fine. P:[/size]
  4. [center][size=5]Otaku[b]Boards[/b][/size] [size=10][FONT="Times New Roman"]Signature Of The Week[/size] [size=5]Week 008[/FONT][/size][/center] [size=1][b]Theme[/b]: [b][color=gray]Hobbies[/color][/b]. Everyone has at least some hobby, though they may not want to admit it. You can go anywhere with this theme! It can be about one of your awkward hobbies, other people's hobbies you do not understand, the complete lack of hobbies in your life, et cetera. [b]Entries Deadline[/b]: [b][color=red][u]Monday[/u] 01 December, 2008 @ 23:59 GMT[/b][/color][/size] [size=3][b]Prizes[/b]:[/size] [size=1][b]1st Place[/b]: 1st Place OtakuBoards Signature Of The Week "Winner" Medal (which will be added onto your profile under your username.) [b]2nd Place[/b]: 2nd Place Naming in the Hall of eternal OtakuBoards Fame [center][b][u]Rules For Entrants[/b][/u]: [LIST=1][*][i]Always[/i] follow the Signature Of The Week theme. [*]Only submit your own work. Plagiarism is not accepted. [*]Only ONE (1) entry is allowed per person. [*]You cannot enter the same signature in more than ONE (1) Signature Of The Week at OtakuBoards. [*]Entries can be changed [b]BEFORE[/b] voting begins. Just edit your post with your new entry. [*]The dimensions of your entry must not exceed 550x120 pixels. (OtakuBoards' limit)[/LIST][/center] Note: No discussion in this thread please. If you have any questions or comments you can post them in the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59290][b][u]Discussion Thread[/u][/b][/url], but feel free to PM me or any other member of the staff. This is a [b]Bi-Weekly[/b] contest. This will give entrants more time to complete and submit their art, as well as give more time for our fellow members of OB to vote for a winner. (And it secretly gives me as the moderator some flexibility in posting threads and everything) Also, [b]everyone is encouraged to make and submit a signature[/b], whatever your skill level may be. Have fun![/size]
  5. [size=1]Especially for this purpose we have a seperate forum called [b]Art By Request[/b]! :) I will move this thread there now![/size]
  6. [size=1]I still do not get why anyone would want to get drunk on purpose, but at the same time hate the taste of alcohol. But anyway. Girls can mix and drink fruity drinks. If you are 14 years old and you are at a party and everyone wants to try alcohol without actually tasting it / bearing too much of the smell back home. Men cannot mix with silly things. Fruity drinks are completely out of the question. If anything, take Malibu with some pineapple, but [i]that's it[/i]. Men drink whisky and beer if anything at all. Unless you are below 5'2". Besides, men don't drink whisky until they're drunk. If you do not like the taste of beer or whisky, which is not very uncommon; drink Ice Tea. No alcohol, just Ice Tea. It is awesome and if you care about it much; you even give the impression that it is liquor if the bottle/pack is not too obviously on the table or something. On a different note: If you are going to drink Tequila, just drink it. All the silly pish posh makes no sense. If you do not like the taste, do not drink it. Easy as that. Heck, you should try absynth if you think tequila tastes bad... Not because it tastes [i]better[/i], mind you. And well. Getting drunk is silly in any case, but if you insist on doing it, do it the hard way like the cool kids. However, just do not get drunk.[/size]
  7. [size=1]The coolest live version of one of my favourite songs ever. The ending to it is great. [youtube="Outsiders - Franz Ferdinand"]jbsOPl0WMFg[/youtube][/size]
  8. [size=1]I think it's because of the JPEG colour compression. You may want to save files as .PNGs to avoid any of such "fuzziness" (because, frankly, it is there).[/size]
  9. [size=1]I find a podcast solely about OtakuBoards a bit too much... OtakuBoards. Apart from that I think doing something like that will not end up in much more than really a very small amount of Podcasts... Well, I would just not be interested enough to listen to such a podcast. Probably because you will pretty much get the effect that the majority of the Anthology OBfics have: ‘‘I am not in it = I do not care about it’’. You are kind of excluding the more regular down-to-earth-‘‘I-have-a-life-outside-OB’’ members by doing something completely about the existing community of OtakuBoards. Truth be told, I would find an interview with a staff member funny if it would have saucy questions, but for the rest I really would not care enough to listen to a full 45 minutes unless the hosts are really, [i]really[/i] good.[/size]
  10. [size=1]*scrapes throat* [b]Username:[/b] Boo [b]Join date:[/b] 03-12-2002 (European: 12/03/2008) [b]Time spent here:[/b] Almost 7 years! Whoo-... Should I be cheerful about that? [b]Location:[/b] Nieuwegein or Leeuwarden, the Netherlands [b]Girlfriend's location:[/b] Czech Republic [b]Education:[/b] Majoring English at University, but I absolutely do not like it right now. [b]Stuff that matters here:[/b] [list][*][b]‘‘What members would you like to meet in real life?’’[/b] Naming currently active ones: SaiyanPrincessX, Larb, Vicky. And if you're working on a podcast with me, meeting up would make everything a lot easier. [*][b]‘‘Gay marriage?’’[/b] Yeah. [*][b]‘‘Abortion?’’[/b] In extreme cases and asap. Prefer adoption though. [*][b]‘‘The Harem of Celebrity Lust’’[/b] Catherine Zeta Jones, Ewan McGregor, Johnny Depp, Emmy Rossum, Nicole Kidman, Jenny Lewis [*][b]‘‘Favourite socks?’’[/b] My blue and gray socks that have letters on them to indicate which sock belongs on which foot. They're warm-ish. :) Though ein bisschen kaput. [*][b]Current goals at OtakuBoards:[/b] ... Remember to update the Signature of the Week enough. But right now more importantly: Getting the podcast underway! Whoo! [*][b]‘‘Newbie lounge’’[/b] [size=2]*grabs frying pan* prepare to die!! :devil: *slams moderator with frying pan* and now ill have you be meat to my sheep!!! :D *sends in sheep*[/size] [*][b]‘‘Obama or McCain?’’[/b] What are you talking about? Ralph Nader ftw! [*][b]‘‘Evolution or Creation?’’[/b] The two are not opposites of each other. [*][b]‘‘Religion?’’[/b] Christian Protestant, taking the word ‘‘Protestant’’ back to more of it's formal meaning. [*][b]‘‘Currently listening:’’[/b] Well the last few hours that I have been listening to music were filled with Maxïmo Park. The last few months were filled with the debut album of Skye Edwards and an occasional play of [i]Headlock[/i] by Imogen Heap. The last two years or something I have been listening to Morcheeba and Wir Sind Helden making them two of my all time favourite bands. Through the years I have always listened steadily to Franz Ferdinand. [*][b]‘‘Favourite band(s)/artist(s)’’[/b] Franz Ferdinand, Wir Sind Helden, Morcheeba, Queen, Dire Straits [*][b]‘‘Favourite movies’’[/b] Moulin Rouge, Lion King [*][b]‘‘Favourite Anime characters’’[/b] Cubone - Pokemon, Tien and Chao Su - Dragon ball Z. That's about all the shows I know. Ha. [*][b]‘‘Rank in postcount’’[/b] (stole from Asphy) 34 [*][b]‘‘Postcount’’[/b] 2,553 [*][b]‘‘ ’’[/b] [*][b]‘‘ ’’[/b] [/list] [b]Current activity:[/b] 11-15-2008, 12:51: Talking to the ninja mistress. More to come, I guess. [/size]
  11. [center][size=5]Otaku[b]Boards[/b][/size] [size=10][FONT="Georgia"]Signature Of The Week[/size] [size=5]Voting | Week 007[/FONT][/size][/center] [size=1]This is the voting thread for [b]Week 007[/b], where all members of the OtakuBoards community are welcome and encouraged to join and vote for their favorite banner for the week. Voting will be taking place until [color=red][b]Friday November 21st, 2008[/color] @ 5:00 PM GMT[/b]. The next SOTW contest will begin shortly after that date. [b]A few notes before voting[/b] [list][*]We encourage you to both vote in the poll [i]and[/i] reply with a post stating who you voted for and why. In the post you can let the participant know what you liked, didn't like and in the latter case, how they could improve. For further information, please read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=59385][i]Art Studio Basics[/i][/url] thread, on Constructive Criticism. [*]Remember, this is a banner contest. Therefor, [i]please do not vote for someone because you like the person so much[/i], but instead vote for someone because you like the banner over the other banners. [*]When voting, you're asked to also look at how well the banner fits the theme. This week's themes are [b]Heaven[/b]ly and/or [b]Luck[/b]y. Whose banner do you think resembled these themes the best?[/list] Without further ado, here are the entries for this week's Signature of the Week![/size] [center][FONT="Georgia"][size=5]SOTW [COLOR="DimGray"]Entries[/COLOR][/size][/font] [size=1] [b]Cat[/b] [IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/heavenly.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/heavenly.jpg[/url] [b]Lrb[/b] [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26745&d=1225932671[/img] [url]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26745&d=1225932671[/url] [b]SaiyanPrincessX[/b] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/SaiyanPrincessX/Heavenly2.jpg[/IMG] [url]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/SaiyanPrincessX/Heavenly2.jpg[/url] [/center][/size]
  12. [quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms][b]Nicole Kidman[/b] - Whenever someone tells me they think Nicole Kidman isn't that pretty, I rage and make them watch [i]Moulin Rouge[/i]. (...) Ewan McGregor (...) Catherine Zeta Jones [/font][/QUOTE] [size=1]I quote for truth. Plus, I just quote my post in the earlier thread:[/size] [QUOTE=Boo][center][size=1][b]Emmy Rossum[/b] [img]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7314/emmyrossumlr8.jpg[/img][/center] To be honest, I have never seen her in a movie yet, though I am still planning to go see Phantom of the Opera sometime soon. Wait… I did see her once. I saw The Day After Tomorrow and had no idea she was in it. I saw her being interviewed in a making the movie thing about Poseidon once upon a time ago, and thought she looked pretty. :3[/size][/QUOTE] [size=1]And well, I do not think I have acquired any secret celeb likings or anything since the last thread. :([/size]
  13. [quote name='Rick Hunter']I suggest deviating from anime talk or theotaku related stuff. It would sorta defeat the purpose of having a separate podcast from theOtaku. Plus it may confuse people considering the podcast link you have on OB already links to theOtaku podcast. It may hurt you if you can't establish your brands difference.[/QUOTE][size=1]That was one of the main things James and I also made pretty clear for ourselves. theOtaku is certainly not what the podcast is about, and Anime is also certainly not the topic. I can well imagine it coming up several times if we have neat things to talk about, but it weighs as much as any other topic we could handle (Anything! Especially if we can get the right guests in the show), I think. We might give a shout out or something about the Otaku network, but that would pretty much be it, as far as I'm concerned. Plus, the podcast should represent OB well, because it might even reach audiences we normally would never have reached.[/size]
  14. [size=1]Sorry to take so long... But this thread is now closed. :) I was hoping for one or two more entries, secretly, but I can't complain. Huhu.[/size]
  15. [size=1]You silly British teenagers.[/size]
  16. [quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]No, but I meant more like general news coverage and discussion of current events, as opposed to just straight OB talk.[/FONT][/QUOTE] [size=1]Right, that was a major part of the original plan. With OtakuBoards we can go any way. News, politics, movies, music, games, books, and everything else you can think of really, as long as it's PG. :whoops: Reviews and discussions and everything would be well able to be part of the podcast. Heck, we can make new topics based on the subjects we have in the podcast. :] [/size]
  17. [size=1]Just put the URL between Image [IMG] tags, like this: [noparse][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/HaruharaK/JiggySig.png[/IMG][/noparse] And then put it into your signature. It works. :) If you want to use the on-site signature system, you have to upload the signature in the Edit Signature section of your profile. Then you just type [noparse][sigpic][/sigpic][/noparse] in your signature and the banner should appear there.[/size]
  18. [quote name='Drizzt Do'urden']So get off here, call break up with him cry for a little bit, and get back on here and let us know how it went.[/QUOTE][size=1]And after that, remember that you should not follow most of the advices from people off the internet, regarding your own life. :whoops:[/size]
  19. [size=1]Wow, that's a thread way from 2004. I do not think either of them still frequent OtakuBoards.com. Feel free to continue about the subject in a newly created topic! I will close this one in the meantime. :)[/size]
  20. [size=1]I loved the crime scene one. :3 Quite good stuff there. Maybe we should scrap the Podcast and just go for a random video every month instead.[/size]
  21. [size=1]Skype cannot find you, but anyway, my Skype nickname is [b]Ping Pong Smiley[/b], without the spaces. Don't ask about it. I don't know.[/size]
  22. [size=1]We could even make a World for it. But yeah, the thing is coming around nicely. I never fully realised before we started recording things that all of sudden OtakuBoards will have a voice of some sort. People will not only have faces and text around them anymore, but actual vocals. Neet, no?[/size]
  23. [size=1]Wait, but where is the monkey? I cannot find it on the picture because some weird mutated alien with a fishhead is blocking my sight. :([/size]
  24. [size=1]... That ending almost had me "LOL" as well.[/size]
  25. [size=1]It's about time this thread got a reply! Though honestly I do not know what to say more than "Looks good!" or something alike. Because well, it looks really good. The colouring is well done and the line art is really sharp. But well, I guess it is mainly about the texture right now anyway... I am not sure whether it really adds a lot to the picture. The texture of the wall reminds me of either liquid or marble whereas I am pretty sure you were going for metal. In that case, I think you might want to go for more linear texture instead of blobbish texture. But I would like to see any more of that comic you talk about. :3[/size]
×
×
  • Create New...