Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Yes, I do believe there are more episodes after the kyoto arc.

How many? I dont really know for sure, but I have a great link to try and post... well actually, forget the link, just try and find your way to the "anime hq" then to the summaries.
[url]www.anime-hq.com[/url]

It is great and has a really good, concise ep summary for the entire series... I think its 95 eps in all...

Good luck.
  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
I missed last saturday`s episode but I`ll make sure I won`t miss ths week`s episode. I am kinda upset that they moved Kenshin to saturdays now but at least I will be able to hear the beggining theme song.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Battosai [/i]
[B] Are there any episodes after the Kyoto arc? (Please, no spoilers. Just yes or no, and how long. Spoilers make me angry, and you won't like me when I'm angry. RAAAARGH!) LOL [/B][/QUOTE]

Dude there are like 30 episodes after the Kyoto arc. But they don't follow the manga, and in my opinion, aren't very good.:D

I wonder if they'll show the story arc after Kyoto. If they do, they'll probly edit it big time, due to it's religious content.
Posted
[size=1] In Samurai X, how many episodes are there? Two? I saw this DVD for Trust and Betrayal Director's cut, and it was cheaper than the DVD that only had Trust on it...I am confuzzled. [/size]
Posted
Samurai X is made up of 4 episodes, which were released on 2 separate VHS tapes and DVD's, each containing 2 episodes.

What you said confuses me too. Maybe it was on sale.:therock:
Posted
[size=1] Maybe...O_o...I was thinking about getting Samurai X: The Motion Picture, but I've been reading mixed reviews on it. Do you think it's worth buying? [/size]
Posted
The movie is a bit slow, but its an all around good movie.
I suggest you should buy it only if you're a die hard RK fan.

But thats just my opinion.:D
Posted
Originally posted by WW2: "I wonder if they'll show the story arc after Kyoto. If they do, they'll probly edit it big time, due to it's religious content."

They probably will, as they did in the episode where they showed Anji's humble beginnings. They practically butchered the Buddhist religion and all its beliefs. Specifically, they showed the Buddha being treated/spoke of like a deity, and prayed to to watch over someone. This is nothing like real Buddhism, in which the prayers are only to give thanks to Buddha for basically creating the religion. I seriously don't like how religious aspects are sidestepped these days. It basically mangles anything involved.

And, on a different note; Samurai X is only four episodes? How long is each episode, and is it any good? What's it about? (God, I ask too many questions :nope: )
Posted
[QUOTE]And, on a different note; Samurai X is only four episodes? How long is each episode, and is it any good? What's it about? (God, I ask too many questions :nope: ) [/QUOTE]

Well each Samurai X episode is about 30 minutes, which makes the entire series around 2 hours long.
In fact there was a 2 hour movie version made in Japan, but I haven't seen it for sale over here. Also the Director's cut version is supposed to be a little longer.

As for the story, it simply tells [spoiler]of Kenshin's past, how he was trained by Sejuro Hiko, and his life as an assasin for the Chosu Clan. But it mostly tells the story of how he got the crossed shaped scar.[/spoiler]

Is that what you wanted to know?
Posted
Aaw, now you done gone and made me want to buy it! *ahem*. That is, it sounds interesting. I'll buy it if I can find it. Which leads to the question, where can I buy it? (Can't shop online, folks don't allow it. :bawl: )
Posted
Can someone tell me some non-vocal Rurouni Kenshin songs that are good, like Departure-good, and what is that song called, when Kenshin's teacher was about to kill him, what was that song that was played called?
Guest Devil_Queen
Posted
yea i want to know where i can buy the movie like it does sound really interesting like Battosai suggested
Posted
I've seen Kenshin DVD's at Suncoast, so they might have the Samurai X episodes there. Suncoast has lots of anime, so you might want to check that out if you didn't know. Hope that helps.
Guest Tical
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Battosai [/i]
[B]Aaw, now you done gone and made me want to buy it! *ahem*. That is, it sounds interesting. I'll buy it if I can find it. Which leads to the question, where can I buy it? (Can't shop online, folks don't allow it. :bawl: ) [/B][/QUOTE]

YOU MUST BUY THIS!!! It is a masterpiece. Its almost better than RK itself
Guest Devil_Queen
Posted
thanks for the tip gamemasterkev00 and tical
:D
Guest Tical
Posted
Im gettin the movie sometime soon.
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1][b]Devil_Queen[/b] and [b]Tical[/b], I ask you both to work on your post quality. I am constantly having to delete Tical's spam posts. Both of the last two posts are complete spam, but I'm just giving a warning as of now. Please improve. And welcome to the Otaku, Devil_Queen.

*QA*[/color][/size]
Posted
also, I've watched every episode that toonami has shown and i stay up on saturday to watch it on the saturday line up. I was sooo mad when toonami started rerunning the Kenshin episodes without even showing them all!! Anger... But i think i need to see a psyciatrist. Why? because i find it harder to like real people than anime people.
I NEED HELP!
Posted
This may be a little bit off topic, but i just noticed something. is it just me or do makoto shishio (sp?) from kenshin, spike seigal (sp?) from cowboy bebop and sideways from transformers armada have the same voice actor? If so dont you fidn it a bit freaky that all of those names start with a S? (well sort of with makoto shishio. most people call him shishio :) )
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by magic_raditz [/i]
[B]This may be a little bit off topic, but i just noticed something. is it just me or do makoto shishio (sp?) from kenshin, spike seigal (sp?) from cowboy bebop and sideways from transformers armada have the same voice actor? If so dont you fidn it a bit freaky that all of those names start with a S? (well sort of with makoto shishio. most people call him shishio :) ) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah that is pretty weird, all their names begin with S. I guess he's just a popular voice over, or maybe its all a big conspiracy.:shifty:

Oh and you forgot he does the voice for the 7 eleven comercials, now. :eek: Gah! That starts with an S too!
Guest (sic.k)
Posted
[color=darkred]Samurai X (RK) has been one of my favorite series for a long time (ie. Before it was broadcast on CN). Has anyone here actually seen the original OAVs? In my opinion they are way better than the series.

On the subject OAVs, has anyone seen "Reflection" yet, I'm really interested in it. [/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by (sic.k) [/i]
[B][color=darkred]Samurai X (RK) has been one of my favorite series for a long time (ie. Before it was broadcast on CN). Has anyone here actually seen the original OAVs? In my opinion they are way better than the series.

On the subject OAVs, has anyone seen "Reflection" yet, I'm really interested in it. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I too have been a fan of Kenshin for a long time now. I first got into RK after seing Samurai X, and I also think the OAV is better than the series. It's more realistic, and has a more gripping storyline.

As for Reflection it too is very well done. In it we finally [spoiler]get to see a sumary of the Jinchu story arch, which was never animated before. There is also a sad, but fitting end.[/spoiler]:(
Posted
I haven't seen, Reflestion yet, though I want to. The only thing that I saw from Samuri X is Betrayal, which, in my opinion is very awesome!! It answered a few unanswered questions that I had on Rurouni Kenshin, which helped me to understand the series a lot better.
Guest Ooder
Posted
[b][color=darkred][size=1]

I vvatched kenshin yesterday and i was confused because i missed an episode or two -__- . I was hoping somebody could answer these questions [spoiler]what happen to that other guy that was with kenshin and sonosuke? Who fought that guy with no eyes?[/spoiler]

[/b][/color][/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...