OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards: Enter the Net [PG]

Solo Tremaine

[color=hotpink][size=1]Wow, okay, I think this is now my favorite chapter. ^_^ As soon as you mentioned "Modsuits" I was just WAITING for the Pink ModRanger to make an appearance. And sure enough, there she was, Plushiewand and all. I had to stifle quite a few laughs because I'm at school and it's pretty much dead silent. But wow, it was SO funny.

[b]"I OWNZZ @ COUNTER-STIKE!" a l33t trooper yelled, waving his arms around like a windmill on caffeine.[/b]

Heh, I liked that part. ^_^

I really like Power Rangers. I thought it was awesome that I had Syk and Ken to back me up. *laughs heartily* Ah, I can't wait until the next chapter.

Oh, and I thought it was BRILLIANT how you brought in the new mods and showed the "destruction" of the old ones. Absolutely freaking brilliant.[/color][/size]

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]I think [i]everybody[/i] liked all the tag references, especially the strikethrough one - all the more reason to worship Sara. The way you convert all the lovely board stuff into virtual things and places in general is just awesome. Fun stuff, I tells ya.

That, and the various ways the mods fought the n00bs was priceless. I feel so clever and devious, and Mimmi is certainly the best accomplice ever. Good times, good times.[/size]

[color=deeppink][size=1]
See? I told you I'd reply/review it. :D This story is great Solo! You successfully blend parady and comic relief into a story with an actual plot line of sorts, which in the end makes for a very enjoyable read. Sorry I haven't commented on it in so damn long. ^^;;

Heh, I noticed my apperance. * bows * Thank you Solo. ^.~

Anyway, only one suggestion:

What has happened to our real selves? I am a firm believer in suspension of disbelief(I do it everyday), but I [i]am[/i] curious. Perphaps a chapter devoted to explaining it? Or a sub chapter?

That's my two-cents.

[color=darkblue]My favorite part by far was Adam falling down the stairs. I'm just a major fan of that sort of humor. I'll be like most activist parents and blame cartoon violence, lol.

It was a great chapter, Solo. I commend you for typing out all that leet and not going insane, lol. The MegaOtakuBoardZord (which I noticed rhymed, much to liking) had to be the best part in terms of the whole Power Rangers parody.

And as per usual, Charles' quotes were entirely too funny.

Good stuff. ^^[/color]

Oh my... er... pickles... I feel so left behind in the "virtual dust". I really have been away too long from here, playing the hermit. (I have to thank Valen for dragging me back, despite screaming about the addictiveness and how I had just "kicked the habit") This story is awesome Solo! Ive been laughing my head off since I started reading it. (Enough to get my parents wondering about my sanity.) Please Solo don't end this wonderful work anytime soon! I wanna read mooooorrrrre *whimper* If possible you think you could fit an itty bitty cameo of me in there? It's alright if ya can't after I recounted all of the requests.... wow... I feel so ashamed of myself for asking now ...

I have to say that this part of the last chapter had me laughing the hardest:

Desbreko looked at him blankly. "You were prepared for us to be sucked into the Boards by a freak accident, start a virtual community and deal with an army of spam-throwing hackers?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

Definate classic material there ^_~ I love the way you intergrate the features of this board, old series/games and everything else that I haven't thought of adding to the list into it. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see the next chapter!

[color=Sienna]I [b]loved[/b] the Power Rangers parody. (you even mentioned how their heads bob up and down!)

Everyone had to have enjoyed the hall with the spoiler tags. And, the OtakuBoardsMegaZord...! Too put it simply... This is brilliant stuff. (and if this is the end of the story... I'll find you)
[/color]

[quote][color=#503f86]Justin shuffled uncomfortably "Des, I hope that?s your finger?"[/color]
[color=black][color=#503f86]Chaos shook his head. "No. Way."[/color][/quote][/color]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=red]This is funny...absolutely funny.[/color][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff0000]I love this thing, even though i'm still not in it. But..I don't mind. You know..you should put this on a fan-fic site for others to see..it rocks. and i could actually understand the 1337. lol[/color][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff0000]_-Nate-_[/color][/font]

[color=indigo]Heheheh...the bit with Arcadia, Miimi, and me was great. Exposed nads are not a good thing in the presence of Desbreko. :demon:

And the part with the Zelda forum being destroyed....there really needs to be a cry of anguish from me right after that. Because I actually did, right after I read that. The quote for me is perfect, though. ^_^[/color]

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=#503F86]In lieu of not having a real chapter to update with, I've started writing small sketches involving Enter the Net characters. These, since they're smaller versions of the chapters themselves, I've dubbed 'Plushies'.

Here's the first ^_^

[b][u]Enter the Net Plushie: G07 C0FF33?[/u][/b]

Plushie James was sat at his Plushie Admin Desk, thinking thoughts that only a Plushie James can think when sat at a Plushie Admin Desk, when in walked Plushie Solo, carrying a tray of coffee and coffee accessories.

"Want some coffee?" Solo asked brightly.

Plushie-James contemplated the possibility of having coffee for a few seconds, then nodded and smiled. Solo grinned approvingly and placed the tray onto his desk.

"With milk?"

James nodded.

"How much?"

"Oh? enough."

Solo looked confused. "How much is enough?"

James shrugged. "Enough is enough."

"And rightly so." Solo said firmly. "Now, how much milk do you want?"

A look of perplexity swarmed over James? plushie face. "Erm?"

Solo sighed. "Look, I?ll start pouring and you just say ?When?, alright?"

"When?"

"I haven?t started yet."

"No, I mean ?Why ?when???"

"It?s just ?when?."

"I know that, but why ?when??"

"Why when what?"

"One question at a time!"

"You?re the one asking questions!"

"Yes? no? I mean? wait."

"Wait what? When?"

"No!"

"What do you mean ?no?? That?s how it?s been for years!"

"You?re missing the point!"

"And you?re missing your hot coffee! Now tell me how much bloody milk you want!" Solo held the milk jug threateningly over James? cup of coffee, which was getting colder by the minute.

James sighed. "Alright, just start."

"Say ?when?." Solo growled.

"When?"

"Whenever you need to."

"Whenever I need to what?"

"Say [I]?when?[/I]."

"That makes no sense."

"You make no sense, James! Just say it!"

"Why?"

"No, WHEN!"

"Why say ?when??"

"That makes no sense!"

[I]"Exactly!"[/I] James cried.

Very very weak coffee was starting to run onto the desk.

"What?"

"See, even you think ?When? is a stupid thing to say!"

"I never said that!"

"You just did."

"No, I was saying ?What?? to your ?Exactly!?. There was no ?When? about it."

"And since when was ?When? anything to do with making coffee?"

"Just then."

[I]"When?"[/I]

"At last!"

Solo pulled the milk jug away from the coffee and the two inspected the drink. Cold, incredibly milky coffee covered the desk and the floor, dripping milkily from James? mug.

"You know what, James?" Plushie-Solo mused, watching the river of beige liquid creep slowly towards the door. "Next time, you can make your own coffee."[/COLOR]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=darkred]*nearly chokes on her cottage cheese*[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=darkred]That was brilliant ! It made me laugh so hard I thought I'd never be able to breathe again XD[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=darkred][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=darkred]The "Plushies" will be just as smashing as the regular chapters ^__^[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][color=darkred][/color][/size][/font]

[color=crimson][size=1]Oh wow, I loved the play on words. It was very amusing. I just can't believe how much of a legacy plushies are nowadays. By the way, when referring to a plushie, they are usually known as "Mini-SoandSo." Such as Mini-Ken, the most famous plushie of all. And let's not forget Mini-Shy who ranaway and eloped with Mini-Asuka, heh. Good times, good times. I can't wait for more chapters, whether the fate of version 7 or no. ^_^[/color][/size]

Hehe, funny stuff, Solo. Reminded me strongly of some of the Abbot and Costello sketches that I've seen, heh. Really, who can't enjoy a good play on words sketch? They're really funny and underused.

Good writing, Mr. Solo ^_^

[quote name='Queen Asuka][color=crimson][size=1]By the way, when referring to a plushie, they are usually known as "Mini-SoandSo." Such as Mini-Ken, the most famous plushie of all. And let's not forget Mini-Shy who ranaway and eloped with Mini-Asuka, heh. Good times, good times. I can't wait for more chapters, whether the fate of version 7 or no. ^_^[/size'][/color][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]*slaps self* I can't believe I forgot that! Goes to show how long it's been since I was last able to write anything, heh.

By the way; I know I use the plushie terms and quite a few inside jokes a lot, but I'm not trying to take credit for any of them. The jokes are and will always remain ideas of those who created them. Just something that came into my mind yesterday.

Thanks for the feedback, though. I'll get started on the next chapter as soon as I can ^_^[/COLOR]

[font=Verdana][size=1]That was indeed an excellent addition to the Enter the Net series, I do believe that these Plushies should return ETN to it's rightful place as one of the most comic and original series ever to be created on Otakuboards. I look forward to seeing the next chapter with equal vigour.[/size][/font]

[color=darkblue]Quite nice, Solo. A nice addition to the Enter the Net saga, indeed. Almost as soon as I started reading that, I started sketching out the plushie versions of everyone to try and draw it, lol. I'm weird that way. :p

But Shin has a point. That did remind me of the whole "Who's On First?" routine. Not that that's a bad thing (quite the contrary. A&C were cool.), I just didn't think anyone else could pull it off quite so well. Except maybe Skippy and Slappy Squirrel, lol.[/color]

Yeah, "Who's On First" immediately sprang to mind. ^_^ This little piece contains some great wordplay, Solo. I can't wait to read the next chapter, regardless of whether it's long or short. For some reason, Plushie-James' questions also made me think of the philosophical dialogue sprinkled throughout the Matrix Trilogy (which is quite appropriate for him, heh). That just goes to show how long it's been since I last saw a full-length Matrix film. ^_^;

~Dagger~

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]^_^ This chapter was one of the funniest one's so far. It had awesome wordplay, I could have never written something like that, heh. All those questions about 'no' and 'what', etc, etc.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Can't wait 'till the next chapter, Solo.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=Sienna]Hilarious as always. Awesome wordplay. I've had some experiences like that, but not for nearly as long. That's something that would happen if you were using a phrase that James wasn't familiar with, though it seems that you just had him over anylize what you were saying.

And for the sake of [i]not [/i]over anylizing the plushie, I'll stop right here. ^_^
[/color]

Abso-blummen-lutely marvelous. Solo my man, if we all could write such as you this world we live in would be a much more entertaining place. I doff my feathered hat to you and await the next "real chapter" with much glee and anticipation.

[quote name='Solo Tremaine][COLOR=#503F86']By the way; I know I use the plushie terms and quite a few inside jokes a lot, but I'm not trying to take credit for any of them. The jokes are and will always remain ideas of those who created them. Just something that came into my mind yesterday.[/COLOR][/quote]

[color=crimson][size=1]I love the fact that you use all of the many OB inside jokes in your stories. It's what makes them so entertaining. You don't have to take credit or give credit for them, because they are all a part of the OtakuBoards history and you just can't help but love it. I am so silly sometimes. ^_^ I think it's time for OBBIII.[/color][/size]

OMFG!!! Solo, your birlliant! ROTFL!!! I love it! Bravo! Keep on going! ^.^ I wanna see more...

[quote]"Which part of who is this?" Terra mumbled with a mouth full of fur.[/quote]

Yesh! Yeshyeshyesh!!!! ^.~