OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards: Enter the Net [PG]

Solo Tremaine

[color=indigo]That was the best chapter yet Solo. I got a good laugh out of quite a bit of the story especially...

[quote]"You!"

"ME!"

"Heh."

"Us!" Rei stepped forwards, brandishing her outfit with? frills.

The ?host? gulped. "You."

Kei threw Mini-Lothar at SSJDigiCloud. "Don?t even think about getting us into a pointless cycle of personal pronouns! Just finish it and get out of here."[/QUOTE]

That actually made me laugh out loud. [/color]

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]Heh heh it must have just been a fluke last time because I laughed quite a bit reading the second part, trying to imagine you in a French maid?s outfit left me in stitches laughing. The ending to it was simply divine and I was wondering if we would see more of [spoiler]Agent Smith[/spoiler] after his apparent death at the hands of the V7 Moderators. I can't wait to see your next piece of work, just so long as you don't leave us hanging in suspense for five months while you write it.[/SIZE]

This story is ceaselessly entertaining. And two new chapters in such a short period of time! Suffice it to say that I'm very happy.

As many others have mentioned, your wordplay is fantastic, and it's what makes each chapter worth savoring. I'm not always one to read things closely, but you've packed so many clever and funny details into every paragraph that it really forces me to pay attention. I look forward to finding out what happens next. ^_^

~dagger~

Ah yes. I do believe this is the best chapter yet. Even funnier than part one. I just have to say that I laughed out loud at the AnimeBoard's moderators. Each one with their unique phrases like "Heh" to the underlined/bold text, to my favorite, the Big O-obsessed Goku guy. Classic work, m'man.

I await next chapter. Don't disappoint me now. I want it soon ;^D

• 10 months later...
[COLOR=#503F86]...is it all right to still post in here? *twiddles fingers* it's an old thread, but I don't think I'm quite finished yet...

Well, it's not a new chapter per se, but it's something I've been wanting to put in for a long long time now. I'm always trying to think of new ideas to put into the story, but unfortunately I never seem to get the opportunity to write them down. Perhaps if I read everything through again I'll be inspired, heh.

Anyway, here's a parody of the X-Japan song 'Crucify My Love', which I can't actually listen to seriously now because the parody lyrics fit it far too well ^_^;

[b]Modify My Posts[/b]
Modify my posts
If the caps lock's on
Modify my posts
If it sets them straight
Never knew Never thought
" My font should be that color "
Modify my posts
If it should be that way
Change the Quote tags
Turn them inside out
Bin the smileys
They'll say good-bye
Tried to learn tried to find
The meaning of the site rules
Where's the answer
Is this bannable?

Like a river flowing to the sea
The HTML comes endlessly
I know I can underline words
No reason to cry

Modify my posts...
* repeat

Til the vB tags shadows the text
I'll be scrolling down and I will know
I know I can clear the whole page
Oh is it a crime to spam?

Not much, but just so's you know I've not forgotten about this, hehe. The way I had this next chapter figured out, it might end up being quite timely, too...[/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Wow, you only posted yesterday? I'm glad that this thread is still alive. ^_^

I've actually been re-reading Enter the Net lately. It's that good. It's not just the obvious stuff, it's the many subtle references to things that we can all relate to. I really love the description of "Teh Castle" and stuff like that.

If you are still writing this in the future, I really wonder how the new OtakuBoards site would impact the storyline. That'd be most interesting.[/font]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I have just one word to say about this, Brilliant! Makes me wish I had found this place much sooner. ^_^ It was positively hilarious from the beginning where James slipped with his coffee dragging everyone into the net. The attack of the n00bs where they multiplied as a result of being nuked. The Nativity chapter with little plushies acting out the creation of OB. Poor Adam nearly getting vaporized! The play on Star Wars with the Phantom Spammer and Agent Smith. Tee Hee! And I positively loved the part where Desbreko gets furious when they destroy the Zelda forum. And his nad-kicking abilities? Hehe! That was priceless, it so fits him. ^_~

The plushie short with you and James with the coffee was great. And poor Lady Katana being kidnapped by another forum. I especially loved the ?Summoned Creature! DESBREKO!? bit. LOL!

I sincerely hope you are creating another chapter to this. ^_^ I keep hearing members talk about the ?good old days? and now I finally understand. ^_~ [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I have just one word to say about this, Brilliant! Makes me wish I had found this place much sooner. ^_^ It was positively hilarious from the beginning where James slipped with his coffee dragging everyone into the net. The attack of the n00bs where they multiplied as a result of being nuked. The Nativity chapter with little plushies acting out the creation of OB. Poor Adam nearly getting vaporized! The play on Star Wars with the Phantom Spammer and Agent Smith. Tee Hee! And I positively loved the part where Desbreko gets furious when they destroy the Zelda forum. And his nad-kicking abilities? Hehe! That was priceless, it so fits him. ^_~

The plushie short with you and James with the coffee was great. And poor Lady Katana being kidnapped by another forum. I especially loved the ?Summoned Creature! DESBREKO!? bit. LOL!

I sincerely hope you are creating another chapter to this. ^_^ I keep hearing members talk about the ?good old days? and now I finally understand. ^_~ [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Indigo]I?ll second that wish for another chapter to be created. That was beyond enjoyable. Especially since I?ve been her long enough to recognize the main characters in your story.

My favorite part was where James dragged everyone into net with his coffee mishap as it set the feeling of expectation of wondrous things to come quite well. And the most hilarious part was the ?Summoned Creature! DESBREKO!? That is so him that I laughed and laughed over it.

Ah, if only I too had found this place sooner. Positively amazing. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1]I can't wait to see your next piece of work, [B]just so long as you don't leave us hanging in suspense for five months while you write it[/B'].[/SIZE][/quote]
[SIZE=1]Taking a glance at when I wrote that, it would seem as if this thread has been dead longer than I thought, though just reading back over the old chapters is enough to keep me laughing for eleven months. It was nice of you to provide a little early material as to build the hype for the next chapter, even if I've never heard the song and so can't compare it to the new lyrics. Hopefully the new chapter will get the thread rolling for a few more chapters in the aftermath, with the Irishman making a few notable appearances.

[B][Edit][/B] I just noticed that today is the second anniversary of this threads creation, and SunfallE's post falls nearly exactly at the time of day when Hugo originally created this. Is it me or is it hard the believe the thread is two years old already ?[/SIZE]

[size=1]As always, beautiful work, Solo. I can't say enough nice things about the work you have done here. This is probably the closest we'll ever get to a definitive OtakuBoards history, heh. But yes, please write more good sir, that would be splendid.

I think that you should write a chapter about me, and my amazingly vague position of Event Master. If only you kids [i]really[/i] knew what I did on the boards all day long... *cue evil laugh*

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]As always, beautiful work, Solo. I can't say enough nice things about the work you have done here. This is probably the closest we'll ever get to a definitive OtakuBoards history, heh. But yes, please write more good sir, that would be splendid.

I think that you should write a chapter about me, and my amazingly vague position of Event Master. If only you kids [i]really[/i] knew what I did on the boards all day long... *cue evil laugh*

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Organzing "contests" involving letting n00bs loose in the remains of the Yu Yu Hakusho forum and then listening with perverse pleasure to the resulting screams from them being consumed by ever-blazing fires and spam daemons that live there?

'Tis grand work, Solo, as always. I'm really looking forward to seeing this thread getting started again. We have been deprived for too long, lol. :p[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=indifference][COLOR=Indigo]I?ll second that wish for another chapter to be created. That was beyond enjoyable. Especially since I?ve been her long enough to recognize the main characters in your story.

My favorite part was where James dragged everyone into net with his coffee mishap as it set the feeling of expectation of wondrous things to come quite well. And the most hilarious part was the ?Summoned Creature! DESBREKO!? That is so him that I laughed and laughed over it.

Ah, if only I too had found this place sooner. Positively amazing. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Me too! I want to read more! Hehehehe! I agree with what indifference said about the coffee incident starting everything and Desbreko?s parts are my favorites! ^_^

I think I remember someone mentioning it before about adding this to one of the sticky posts about this area. It?s a wonderful example of how to post in this area and on how much fun the OB Anthology section here at OtakuBoards can be.

I admit I?d love to be part of the next chapter. But I?m not picky! I want to read more of James?s and the others adventures! ^_^[/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]Whoo! More fangirls! :2women:

And wow, it's actually been two years since this thing began? That's ... way too long. We need more already! I mean, not even I'm that bad about ... *glances at The DailyOtaku* ... Nevermind. :animeswea

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the next chapter.[/color]

• 2 months later...
[color=#503f86]Here be the first half (unless the formatting's buggered) of the all-new chapter of Enter the Net, dedicated to Alan and Raina. The second half is almost finished, but I wanted to get this up as soon as possible, heh.

Enjoy, and thanks for your continued support ^_^

[b]Chapter 7 Part 1: Luv Is In The HTML[/b]

OtakuBoards v7 stood proudly in its slightly-less-little-than-it-was-before portion of the web. The sun was shining, the waves of the Otaku Sea lapped gently at the Otaku Beach, where many Otaku Sunbathers were tanning their skins to a slightly darker shade of Otaku.

The building itself had undergone some fairly drastic changes- the individual anime forums had been logged into archives, a new Manga forum had been introduced and the Series forum had been reduced to all but a memory? and a large Zelda forum shrine in Desbreko?s bedroom.

Everyone seemed happy with the new design (apart from AzureWolf) and continued to post in much the same way they used to, except with more extras and in rather military greys and blues. Avatar dimensions had changed, giving everyone a chance to show off how anamorphic they could look, in accordance with the new style.

But when you?re stuck inside a particular messageboard with only the highlights of what Cartoon Network?s new schedule?s going to be, tensions can run high. In the Moderator forum, the Staff were desperately trying to think of ways to keep everyone occupied?

?We?re overdue for another Otaku Big Brother, any news on that?? Lady Katana suggested quietly. The awkward silence that followed hinted gave the very slightest of hints that no-one had any ideas at all as to what to do.

?How about some kind of big communal thing that everyone can get involved in?? Solo asked.

Charles ran his fingers through his hair. ?That?s the idea of a forum event anyway??

?A Battle Tournament?? Arcadia gestured, toning down her [b]Badness[/b] levels.

James shook his head.

?A prom?? Asuka said cheerily.

?Kill Adam Volume III??

?More Legionnaires??

?A prom?? Asuka repeated, somewhat less cheerily.

?Anti-Spam-a-thon??

?A race to Dead-Seraphim??

?A [i]PROM?[/i]?

?n00b-thwacking??

?Nad-kicking??

[i]BANG![/i]

Asuka slammed her PlushieWand down on the table, showering the entire room with pink sparkly glitter. Everyone froze, transfixed by a furious stare of exasperation given by her one eye. Remembering herself, she straightened, politely cleared her throat and sat back down with a sheepish smile.

?What about an Otaku Prom??

The Mods looked at each other for cues of opinion. Satisfied that nobody looked horrified at the idea, they nodded in approval.

?Then it?s settled then!? Asuka chirruped, grinning widely. Immediately she drew up a window of banners and backgrounds, each item in the decorations catalogue as startlingly pink as the next. James could feel his eyesight deteriorating already.

Within minutes, banners had been flung over each and every walkway, thread and forum on OB so nobody could escape their pink, tempting promise of dressing up and dancing in style with their crushes. Or locking themselves in their rooms until it all blew over. Nevertheless, cynical or not, they were drawing a lot of attention. Pink rose petals floated gracefully down from the saccharin advertisements, and even the most cynical members were forced to admit that it was very? pink.

OtakuBot?s expression grew more murderous than usual as he watched the floor slowly disappear under the shower of flower.

?I hope they?re not expecting me to clean that up.?

While he was muttering to himself, the forum doors slid open. A small object with mis-shapen eyes and electric pink fur hopped around the corner and disappeared, humming quietly to itself through ghastly pink frog-lips.

Alan sighed. Not only could he not think of another username for himself to don, the thoughts of the prom were leaving him in a rather unusual state of unangriness. He?d recently hung up his n00b Hunter shotgun and long leather trenchcoat (after all, it was almost a perpetual summer on Otaku Island, so was rather impractical at the best of times), and was missing the people he worked with in the story?s creation. Juuthena, AJehman?

He lay back on the sandy beach and closed his eyes in satisfaction, remembering how many different ways he?d annihilated Sonic Blaster. Good times, they were. He partly wished the n00b would show up again so he could plant a boot in him, but for the moment he had to satiate himself with another kind of fantasy.

A wide grin spread across his face.

Hevn?

A sudden flux of people nearby shot him into an upright position; his face reddened slightly at the realisation of his expression. He didn?t mind people seeing him happy, but when you?re grinning that widely in the sand with your eyes closed people?ll start to suspect something.

Once they?d passed, he lay back down again, folding his arms behind his head and letting out a deep, silent sigh. As good an opportunity as the prom would be, it just seemed like too much hassle. After all, he was perfectly capable of making an advance by himself. It?s just that?

Another grin crept slyly across his face. She was so cool. Yeah, this would work.

He clapped his hands together and stood up, his mind racing. He didn?t have much time (especially as he had so many pairs of tights to choose from), but this was going to work. He raced off, eagerly awaiting his and (all being well) Hevn?s ascension into OB canon.

Of course, there were already several well-established relationships on the Boards, but for some people this was to be an opportunity to further their commitment. Deciding which one of their several wives, husbands, secret lovers, mistresses, etc to take was proving too difficult for some, however. Delirium in particular was involved in eight marriages, most of whom were related to each other in some way. Thankfully, the Freudian psychologists were nowhere to be seen and nobody seemed to complain otherwise.

Elsewhere, unattached members were frantically marrying each other left, right and centre margin so that they could have somebody to go with. The amount of affairs happening was astounding- even managing to surpass most soap operas in volume and dramatic quality.

Dragon Warrior felt proud of himself for being OtakuBoards? Most Eligible Bachelor, hogging for his own pleasure the entire of the Sexy Six (or Sexy Five, since Ezekiel?s attachment to Unborn Lord Xion), and also leaving himself open to the wrath and envy of almost every other member of the forums.

Jokopoko cracked his knuckles in anticipation, watching the little Black Mage disappear into the Otaku Lounge. His avatar changed from a sleek and stylish-looking football-playing Luigi into a fuming, steam-venting Waluigi. The added height gave him extra menace as he released his dagger-pointed curse.

?Damn that DW!? he hissed, his gloved fist shaking with fistiness.

Without taking another moment to idly fume, he sprinted away, skidding to a halt just outside Vicky?s MyO. He banged his fists on the door, then stopped suddenly. Checking himself against common courtesy, he quietly cleared his throat and, signalling a change back to a much more approachable Luigi, rapped his knuckles calmly against the woodwork.

A groggy-looking Girl Robin slid open the door, rubbing her mask.

?Wherrsat? Er, yes, Joko??

?[i]We need to get[/i]-! I mean, would you like to get married? Just OB-stylee, you know??

Vicky tilted her head quizzically, then smiled. ?Sure.?

As they grabbed each other?s hands (and Vicky used her various utility belt items to swing them through the air), they were noticed by a lone female member. One of the few members to choose just to look like herself (after being convinced by Alan that she was in fact that sexiest creature on both Earth and cyberspace), she pulled her red jacket tighter over her shoulders and watched the two crazy characters disappear through a skylight. Unorthodox, but fairly romantic all the same.

Hevn quietly opened the door to her MyO site, which transferred her directly to Strawberry-Princess.net. She was greeted by a large, pale-walled bedroom covered in strawberry-covered drapes. The bed sheets adorning her ultra-comfortable double-bed were covered in designs of the ripest-looking strawberries in the world, only disturbed by the ruffles created from having been recently slept under.

She placed her bag of food and various bits of other provisions on a simple, black-framed table and wandered over to her balcony which gave a sprawling view of the Otaku Island. Leaning on the stone parapet, she let out a long, wistful sigh.

?I wonder where Alan is??

Solo looked around the Otaku Lounge for the thread he was supposed to take part in. He?d had less than a few minutes to browse the internet to look for any helpful information about weddings. Finding nothing, he guessed (and hoped) that none of the other members present would object if he got anything wrong. After all, it?s not as if they were ordained either? and he was already wearing a dog collar.

He caught sight of a makeshift chapel in the corner of the room, constructed rather efficiently from piles of armchairs and hijacked Prom banners. Peeling back the shockingly pink curtains, he stepped inside.

?It must be some crazy tear in the fabric of time and space,? he heard Shinmaru state in a very matter-of-fact way.

?Must be what?? Vicky grunted, raising a sceptical eyebrow in the Moderator?s direction.

?Dunno,? Shinmaru shrugged.

Syk3 leant forwards, cupping his hand away from Shinmaru to ?prevent? him from hearing.

?He doesn?t listen to himself talk.?

Solo stepped round Jokopoko to the altar- a statue of Mario taken from near the forum?s entrance. He cleared his throat authoritatively and everyone took their places? not that there was much room for people to ?take? a place- they just squeezed in where there was room to breathe and where they weren?t going to cause any structural disturbances to the armchairs.

?Anyway,? Solo began. ?I gather we are gathered to witness the bringing together in true OB chaotic style of Vicky and Jokopoko.?

?Finally, I figure out who?s getting married!? Shinmaru?s excited exclamation brought sighs of exasperation from everyone else in the chapel.

Solo addressed the congregation. ?We ready??

Jokopoko looked to Vicky. ?I think so.?

?Alright.? Solo took a brief second for everyone to stop fidgeting and to compose himself. It wasn?t every day you were asked to marry your friends. ?We are gathered here today to make sure Vicky and Jokopoko get it on??

Strange looks.

?Er, I mean, to see them be married and be happy together for as long as they want to keep the vows in their signatures.?

?Wait!? The Luigi-faced Joko looked concerned.

?What??

?Wait what?? Vicky growled.

A large sweatdrop drooped down the back of Joko?s head. ?Just so we?re clear on this? just because we?re married doesn?t mean we can?t fool around with other people, right??

Solo shrugged. ?That?s up to you, not me. Unless you want to fool with me.?

Joko shook his head, smiling nervously. ?Not really. Too much fur.?

A shrug once again adorned the Team Leader?s shoulders. ?Fair enough.? Sensing that the wedding was about to dissolve into a typical OB chat, he continued with his address. ?Anyway: Jokopoko, do you take Vicky to be your OB wife, to have and to hold through spam and good posts??

Jokopoko looked into the white area of Vicky?s mask, not entirely sure where her eyes were.

?I do.?

?Vicky, do you take Jokopoko to be your husband through good times and bad, even if he blows all your money on Transformers memorabilia??

A look of confusion flashed across Vicky?s face. ?Transformers??? she looked back at Jokopoko, who was squirming nervously. ?Um, anyway, yes I do.?

Everyone in the congregation smiled; the sun gleaming through the skylight in the Otaku Lounge cast the chapel in a deeply cheesy pink and sparkly light, and the pink rose petals began pouring from the displaced banners again.

?Fantastic!? Solo whistled. ?In which case, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss each other whenever you?re ready.?

Syk3 took out his camera in preparation. During the following seconds everyone taking part in the wedding either felt ineptly awkward or incredibly warm and fuzzy. While most opted for the former or latter, Shinmaru decided to buck both trends and feel ineptly warm and fuzzy. Once the two had solidified their ?vow?, Solo leant forwards.

?Is there a reception??

Lady Katana had been watching from the entrance; she poked her head through the banner with a stern look on her face. ?There must be!? she commanded, performing a near-perfect imitation of her avatar Sheena, from Tales of Symphonia. ?It would not be a wedding without the cake.?

Solo nodded in agreement. ?Cheesecake is amazing.?

?Mmm, cheesecake?? Syk?s eyes glazed over just in time to ignore Alan peering inside.

A few more members had poked their heads inside to see what was going on. Vicky hid her (newly generated) cake behind Jokopoko, giving him charge of its possession. ?They is just here for the cake,? she muttered gravely. Sensing the urgency in her voice, Joko carefully placed the cake behind the Mario statue.

Seeing as the main ceremony was over, everyone began to disperse and head about getting themselves ready for the prom. As Solo moved through the drapes, Kei touched him on the arm. He turned to her, smiling.

?Yes??

?Um, I wanted to ask you something??

Back inside the chapel, a long, pink tongue wrapped itself around the furtively hidden cake. In a flash it disappeared into an awaiting mouth, which grinned a satisfied grin about twice the size of the face it was attached to. As a parting gift, the creature let out a colossal (but somehow dainty) belch, bubbling out a huge heart-shaped smiley, which floated gracefully through the chapel?s banners to the ceiling of the Lounge.

Alan paused at the entrance to Hevn?s MyO. He?d never really been shy about anything before; it was annoying that something so ultimately important to him would stop him in his tracks. His fingers tightened around the bunch of pink roses he clutched in his hand. He hoped she?d like them. Taking a deep breath, he raised his hands and knocked firmly on the door.

His heart was pounding in the seconds of tense silence that followed. Was she in? Had she already been asked? Did he look alright? Should he have showered bef-

The door slid open.

?Hi, Raina.?

Hevn blushed wildly, grabbed Alan?s hand and pulled him inside.

[font=Times New Roman][font=Verdana][size=2]From the bushes opposite, a set of misshapen eyes watched them, the owner?s electric-green fur almost blending in with the plants around it, in the same way an orange blends in with tomato soup. Dribbling spam from its lips, it crawled from the flowerbed and flopped away in the direction of Community Events.[/size][/font][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][font=Verdana][/font][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][font=Verdana][size=2]PART 2 TO FOLLOW SHORTLY...[/size][/font][/font][/color]

[color=darkblue][size=1]1) *blush*

2) In the words of Gavin: Interesting, most interesting.

I'm loving all the possibilities of what can happen at the prom, but at the same time, I'm wondering about the little n00b ambling about. What is that little bugger up to?[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]My name has been mentioned in EtN.

My life is fullfilled. *tears of joy*

Very enjoyable chapter, I must say. I do love me a little romance, and Alan and Raina certainly are the 'it couple'. Like many others, I'm sure, I look forward to seeing what everyone gets up to at the Prom.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]So that's what Jokopoko spent all my money on... damn...

Two words: you rock. Seriously, it was a pretty awesome chapter. Jokopoko told me to go read it and I'm glad I did, you did a great job (as usual). I can't wait for more =D I'd love to comment more and stuff, but I'm not sure what to put. I'll just leave and say, once more, that you rock and the chapter was brilliant.[/SIZE]

[quote name='vicky][size=1']So that's what Jokopoko spent all my money on... damn...[/size][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]That marriage section was actually based on a real chat, heh- when Chris asked me to 'marry' you and him ages and ages ago. It's been quite heavily adapted, but I still have the original log ^_^

I've just finished the first draft of the second half; I think I still need to add some more stuff in to give it a little more balance, but I'm very pleased with it. Watch this space ^_~[/COLOR]

[color=teal][size=1]I'm lovin' it, lovin' it, lovin' it, I'm lovin' it like that! :D

You're "da man" Hugo, I expect do see more Luigi and Waluigi antics in the future :D. To those who don't know my current avatars are the ones being used in the story (I.E. Super Mario Strikers versions of Luigi and Waluigi.)[/size][/color]

I think that I would most definitely be ineptly warm and fuzzy at a wedding. And I do so listen to myself speak!! How I could [i]not[/i] listen to that deliciously sexy, intelligent voice is beyond me...

Anyway, great stuff here, Solo. I'm always entertained when you make a new entry to Enter the Net. Can't wait for the next part! :)

[FONT=Tahoma]Ah, it's always great to be treated to an installment of Enter the Net :catgirl:

As always, your style work wonders for drama, romance [B]and [/B]funny! A really sweet blend you've got going on there. None of the "characters" feel out of place, either, which shows what a keen sense you have when it comes to extract the essence of a person into their otaku-ized persona.

Oh, by the way, it made me giggle how you made sure to place [I]Otaku [/I]everywhere in the beginning.

[CENTER]
[B][SIZE=2]Now let's go to that Prom[/SIZE] [/B] :animesmil[/CENTER] [/FONT]