OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards: Enter the Net [PG]

Solo Tremaine

[color=royalblue]Amazing really.. ......of course I must admit that I throughly enjoyed that whole "living" there thing. One merely has to cast a glance to their left to see just why I enjoy it so much. And also why I seem to be in such odd moods.

Either way I see the deepness, now that it's been mentioned.[/color]

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B][COLOR=#503F86]In a more subconscious way, yes, that bit was written topically. James has loads of things planned for v7- the next few chapters of Enter the Net I've deliberately written to tie in with the change of the site, assuming I can actually write in OB real-time. The confidentiality joke is part of that, certainly, but more spawned from the discussion about 'breaking down the fourth wall' we were having some days ago. Everything else is pretty much as a cause of circumstance- actually [i]living[/i] inside the Boards becomes a lot more crowded than just having people visit it normally, and with overcrowdedness comes flared tempers and such.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

"but more spawned from the discussion about 'breaking down the fourth wall' we were having some days ago."

I hadn't realized I had such a positive effect on people. :)

"the next few chapters of Enter the Net I've deliberately written to tie in with the change of the site, assuming I can actually write in OB real-time."

So my hunch was correct? Coolbeans.

[size=1]*claps her hands* Oh, Soley, I can't believe I didn't look at this thread before now! I've only read the latest instalment, but it's truely brilliant. I like the concept of actual mod rods, and the Agent Smith was very cool.

I don't really have any suggestions, except perhaps to keep going! ^.~[/size]

[color=teal]Solo, this is probably the best parody I have ever seen. The story has awesome structure and, as someone said earlier, is written greatly. You have incorporated numerous things in to one, I love it. Keep up the good work, I cannot wait to read more.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B][COLOR=#503F86]Behind him, Lynx Jokopoko and Boba Fett were having a heated Star Wars debate.

?Obi-Wan Kenobi is the best character. How can you argue with Ewan MacGregor??

Boba Fett pointed to himself. ?Bounty Hunter. Jedi are cool, but they?re bound to the Force. If they misuse it, they become evil. Bounty Hunters can do whatever they want. And the jetpacks look more stylish than brown robes??[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=green]*Grins with insatiable glee*

This cameo made my day.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Solo Tremaine][COLOR=#503F86']Besides, it was impossible for anyone to play video games all day. Apart from Desbreko, maybe. But he was different.[/COLOR][/quote]
[color=indigo]Yes, yes I am different. ;)

Another great chapter, Solo. I'd almost forgotten about this until I saw it in my bookmarks and decided to see if the next chapter was posted, and now I'm glad I kept the bookmark. You must post the next chapter soon, though, before the suspense wears off.

Oh, and you must slip in a nad kicking some time, heh. I could have a Mod Boot or something along with the Mod Rod. :p[/color]

[size=2][font=Tahoma][color=sienna][size=1][size=2]Why I never looked at this before I'll never know. It's incredibly written, especially 'the deepness' that has been mentioned. It's also hilarious. I'm hoping the agent smith will reveal himself as an infamous banned member...? Or maybe not... Either way, post more. [/size][/color][/font][/size]

[size=2][font=Tahoma][color=#a0522d]Ya! *cracks whip and tugs violently on your harness*[/size][/color][/font][/size]

• 3 weeks later...
[font=Verdana][size=1]I haven't checked this in a while and I thought that Solo might have been kind enough to add another chapter and cease of salivating [drooling] for a continuation. [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]*In an earnest plea* Solo you've had over a month to get a new chapter ready, why do you torture us so with your fickle nature ?[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Anyway without the drama I'd once again like to tell Solo what a great job he's done here and that the award he one in the Otaku Awards was well deserved. [/size][/font]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Wow, I hadn't even read parts 4 and 5 yet, but I must say, they were great.

[b]Nativity:[/b] I absolutely loved how you used all of my wonderful plushie creations to act the whole thing out, and I especially loved "Adam's Angels." As soon as you said that three angels appeared, I just KNEW that had to be it. I don't know if this one is my favorite so far, but it's definiately up there. ^_^

[b]Smith 1:[/b] I did realize the lines were from the Matrix movie, and I actually enjoyed reading all the 1337 crap (I guess it's because I don't usually have to?). I can't wait to see what happens next with this whole issue. And now that we are at V7, what is to become of the world we are living it? Ah, it's so very interesting.

Keep it up, please. ^_^[/color][/size]

[color=#503f86]I was just about to post in here when I had to make a last-minute edit, so now I am just about to post in here again ^_^;

This chapter is the longest yet- 11 pages of wholesome Enter the Net goodness. Well, I trust it's goodness. I won't know until I have some feedback, heh. It's taken me all day to write and I locked myself in here to do it, so it'd better be at least half-decent. there are a few things I think I want to go over before putting up the final version, but I wanted to get it up here more.

Anyway, here is Chapter 6. Enjoy ^_^

*pastes* Hmm, I hope the formatting's alright here. It's a bit odd at this end... Still, I guess we'll find out.

[b]Flame Wars Episode II: Return of the Thing[/b]
[i]BOOM![/i]

Huge segments of the forum walls disappeared in the explosion, shattering into tiny bits of HTML code that flew into the air like shrapnel. The l33t artillery operator gave a wicked cackle and pointed the barrel at another part of the boards, ready to completely destroy anything in its path.

From out of nowhere, a large white-gloved fist with a Charles attached to it slammed into the side of his head, knocking him clean out of the building.

"u suk!" the l33t cried, soaring into the distance.

"Damn, I had no idea." Charles retorted to himself, searching out the next wave of destruction from the l33t. They?d already reduced most of the anime forums to near-rubble (with the exception of the Yu-Yu-Hakusho forum, which disappointed Shy most greatly). It was impossible to post in them anymore. A few threads were salvaged and sent straight away into the OtakuBoards Moderators forum, the only place the l33t weren?t able to find.

Many of the members had taken refuge inside the Nintendo Forum, protected by Semjaza Azazel and Desbreko. They huddled closely together, either playing on GameCubes to pass the time or trying to work out how best to strike back. Almost needless to say, the tense atmosphere led to some very frustrated gamers. Never before had losing on Kirby?s Air Ride created such violent outbursts.

Elsewhere, Radaghast held a controller out to his companion, who was wearing the appearance of Vampire Hunter D. "CRH, would you-"

"It?s CrH." He replied, taking the controller.

Radaghast looked confused. "That?s? what I said."

"No, you said CRH." CrH smiled. "It?s pronounced C[i]r[/i]H. There?s a difference."

"Does it matter?" Radaghast shrugged, pressing the ?Start? button.

"Not really." CrH counter-shrugged. "But it is my name."

Dagger IX1 had been listening in, surprised that someone could actually pronounce ?CrH? in the first place when PiroMunkie burst through the door, his long black coat pebble-dashed with HTML code and spam. He dropped himself in the nearest chair and signalled for another Moderator to take his shift outside the door. Arcadia and Break both leapt through the doorway- even before it had time to close they could hear the sound of insane cackling and loud explosions.

"Made it," he sighed, looking exasperatedly at his smouldering ModRod. "We really need a better way of dealing with those l33t guys. This won?t be enough."

James appeared next to him through a back door that opened in the wall behind him- a direct link from Nintendo to the Moderators? forum. As soon as he did, everyone in the room turned to face him, all with similar questions in mind. He raised a pre-emptive silencing hand to stop them and addressed the mods nearest him.

"I?ve put up a firewall around this forum- it should be safe from this H4XX0r for at least a short while longer." He said gravely.

"Who is H4XX0r?" Karma of Chaos asked, trying to note down some lines of poetry.

"From what we can gather he?s a hacker bot programmed to infect and destroy random websites. He must have come in with all of the n00bs." Semjaza answered, sifting through the GameCube shelves for anything left worth playing that everyone else wasn?t already using. "He?s gathered an army called The l33t and seems to be tearing apart everything he can."

"What are we going to do in the meantime?" Desbreko asked, prying a Zelda-fangirl from his Kokiri Tunic.

James smiled wryly. "I?ve called the other Moderators back for a while once they?ve seen off the bulk of H4XX0r?s troops. I?d prepared myself for exactly this situation some time ago."

Desbreko looked at him blankly. "You were prepared for us to be sucked into the Boards by a freak accident, start a virtual community and deal with an army of spam-throwing hackers?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

Piro mused over the situation. "So what do we do until they come back? H4XX0r could knock at the door at any moment."

Just then, there was a knock at the door.

Despite the danger that the obvious cliché put him in, James went to open it.

Much to his (and everyone else?s) relief, it was not H4XX0r but Lady Katana and Solo Tremaine, who piled in carrying a few members who were caught in the crossfire. Lady Asphyxia protectively clutched the lead pipe she?d been whirling over her head to try and scare off the spammers. It had worked to an extent, but they were more afraid of her superior post quality than anything else.

OtakuBot removed a piece of debris from his cartridge slot and did his best to ignore Shy, who had rescued him from certain deletion by a large SuperSayain trying to insert him into a Nintendo 64.

One by one the remaining Moderators entered the forum and gathered anxiously around James. It wasn?t a pretty sight. The scars of battle were plentiful, and a lot looked expensive. Asuka?s Ruffly Dress was torn, covered in dirt and partially singed; Charles? Viewtiful Joe helmet had been dented in various places and Ken?s hair had been altered beyond recognition.

"So," Arcadia hummed. "What?s the plan?"

Deep in the dark, dank depths of the Yu-Yu Hakusho forum several figures stood around a badly-constructed table which wobbled whenever someone lent on it. At the head of the wooden oblong stood a figure with sunglasses- an Agent Smith, his mechanical appearance less-than-hiding a mechanical interior- H4XX0r.

He gave a wry smile as his subordinates ran around in disorganised circles attempting to work out a battle plan.

"mods iz 2 stricts. They?re modrods r stopin us from getting in."

H4XX0r?s wry smile changed to a look of mild confusion as he tried to rearrange the syntax of the previous sentence into some kind of working order. He?d been hoping for some slightly more intelligent followers.

"wh3r3 4r3 th3 m0d5?" he asked, clicking a mouse button repeatedly and cycling through windows showing all of the forums and corridors.

"Dyu fink theyve? gon into hiding?"

"th3y 4r3n?7 5tup1d. th3y sh0uld b3 0rg4n1s1ng 4 c0un73r-str1k3."

"I OWNZZ @ COUNTER-STIKE!" a l33t trooper yelled, waving his arms around like a windmill on caffeine.

H4XX0r grimaced. "3n0ugh! g3t 1n70 ur 4nt1-m0d 500tz." He yelled, his booming voice shaking the forum so violently that the icons fell out of place.

"1t?5 t1m3 4 th3 n00 0rd3r 2 b3 4ppl13d?"

"So, how do you prepare for this kind of situation, James?" everyone asked at almost exactly the same time in various different ways.

Adam and jblessing conveniently appeared next to James from out of nowhere, both of them grinning widely and covered in what looked like engine grease.

"Follow me." Adam said coyly, beckoning to the Moderators.

He led them over to a strategically-placed poster of Mr Game and Watch, although they didn?t realise it was strategically-placed until the secret door behind it opened up and they walked through.

The corridor was incredibly dark- it was near impossible for anyone to see anything ahead, save for the vague shadow of whoever it was in front of them they were trying not to step on or bump into.

"Sorry about the darkness." Adam sighed. "I had to cover this place in spoiler tags so no-one would be able to see it. Now if I remember correctly, there should be a set of stairs somewhere ar-"

His sentence was cut short by a startled scream and series of loud bumps.

"Adam, you alright?" James called.

"Yes, everything?s fine." A voice called back from down below. "I found the stairs."

Very slowly, the rest of them began to feel their way down, grasping for walls/banisters/people to steady their descent.

Suddenly, a huge explosion rocked the building. The Moderators went crashing down to the floor in a tumult of yelling, screaming and words that were thankfully caught by the censor system.

"Break, get your foot out of my ear!" Rico groaned.

"That?s not my foot." Break muttered. "It?s Shinmaru?s."

"My foot is in my own ear."

"Which part of who is this?" Terra mumbled, a mouthful of fur.

"That?s my tail," Solo said protectively, trying to grab it back.

Justin shuffled uncomfortably "Des, I hope that?s your finger?"

"Somebody open the door!"

[i]Swish.[/i]

The door slid open and everyone spilled into the next room. As they righted themselves and checked their various body parts, an awesome sight greeted them.

Adam and jblessing stood proudly in front of their new inventions. Gigantic, customisable mech suits lined the walls, their metal armour gleaming brilliantly in the fluorescent light.

Adam spread his arms wide triumphantly. "I give you? the ModZords!"

"Do they work?" Sara asked innocently.

Adam stage-collapsed in true anime style. "Yes, they do. And I?m sure they?ll be enough to stop H4XX0r."

Desbreko ran his hand over the shiny leg of one of the machines. "So, how do they work?"

Adam rubbed his hands together. "First, you have to get into the specially-designed Moderator Suits so that your impulses are amplified enough to make the ModZords work. Then you sit inside and slot your ModRod into the control panel. Customise it to however you want and you?re away."

Ken raised an eyebrow. "Moderator Suits?"

jblessing opened a wardrobe to one side of the room. Inside were hundreds of different-coloured lycra suits with matching gloves and helmets, all adorned with Power Ranger-esque go-faster stripes.

Chaos shook his head. "No. Way."

Another huge explosion rocked the building.

"We haven?t got time to argue!" James shouted. "We need to get into the suits and get rod of the l33t as quickly as possible."

Adam grimaced. "The ModZords need at least half an hour to fully upload their data. The Moderator Suits should amplify your abilities enough to take them on in hand-to-hand combat."

A line of l33t gunners stood in front of the reception, aiming massively disproportionate cannons at the PM boxes. Behind them stood a l33t officer, which a badge that labelled him "3xtr3m3 l33t" on his shoulder.

"CTRL?"

The gunners raised their cannons onto their shoulders.

"ALT?"

The gunners took aim.

"DELETE!"

The barrage of projectiles completely obliterated the reception desk- HTML flew high into the air and the resulting shockwave shattered the stained-glass window above them, showering them in glass. The only thing left of the reception was a picture of a Super Famicom labelled ?Mom?, one of OtakuBot?s photographs.

"RIGHT MEN! WE SHALL PROCEED TO THE OTAKU LOUNGE NEXT WHOS WITH ME?" the officer yelled at the top of his voice, which wasn?t much higher than the rest of him.

The l33t soldiers replied in triplicate spam and turned to face their next destination.

A pink lycra-clad Moderator stood in their way, holding a Plushie Wand.

"You?re going to pay for what you did to my Ruffly Dress." Queen Asuka growled, moving into an aggressive stance.

"SOLDIERS- MANAGE HER ACCOUNT!" The officer roared.

Immediately the soldiers threw their guns to the floor and produced short knives from their belts, which they brandished with great relish towards Asuka. She leapt into the air, whirled over their heads and landed behind them, spinning instantly and kicking three of them over. The others advanced cautiously as she whirled the PlushieWand in her hands, awaiting their next strike.

Behind her, the officer began to advance, holding a massive broadsword.

Two more moderators appeared from round the corner ahead- one teal and one black and crimson. They started running towards her.

"Asuka, behind you!" Syk3 yelled, his teal lycra suit generating huge amounts of static electricity with each movement.

Asuka dived forwards between two of the l33t troopers and rolled away, just in time to miss being cloven in two by the sword?s blade.

"Let?s take these guys down!" Ken roared. His head bobbed madly up and down whenever he spoke. He found it incredibly frustrating.

Elsewhere, the new Moderator Suits were proving their worth very well. Sara was thrashing l33t armies by bombarding them with punctuation. She used a strikethrough tag whip to disable l33t soldiers and with the added abilities of her suit she became even more proficient in using it.

Desbreko?s nad-kicking abilities had escalated to devastatingly dangerous levels. Seeing the hugely destructive after-effects it had on l33t soldiers, it even scared those on his side. Solo hoped they weren?t planning on having any children.

Arcadia brought with her an accomplice- Mimmi dressed in stealth gear. While the Adventure mod distracted them, Mimmi pilfered their pants and ran off, leaving them highly exposed. With Desbreko running around, it wouldn?t take long for them to be in serious trouble. They retreated almost instantly, trying not to trip over their boxers.

Shinmaru, donning a red and black suit (not at all similar to DeathKnight?s suit of black and crimson), noticed with a very large amount of satisfaction that the troops all seemed to be retreating.

"wh@? h0w d1d th15 h4pp3n?"[/color] [color=#503f86]H4XX0r slammed his fist down on the table, infuriated at the miserable sight of his l33t army cowering in the Yu-Yu-Hakusho forum.

"ITS NOT OUR FAULT SIR THEY HAVE NEW MODSUITS THAT-"

The officer didn?t get to finish his sentence.

"1d10t!" H4XX0r screamed. "n3v3r 53nd 4 hum4n t0 d0 4 m4ch1n3'5 j0b"

With a deft plunging of his hand into the officer?s chest, H4XX0r absorbed his account and merged it with his. He became slightly taller- his post count had increased.

Suddenly, he knew what he had to do.

"my l0y4l 50ld13r5, g4th3r r0und..."

"Do you think they?ve gone?" Lady Katana asked, trying to stop her head from moving about as much as possible while she spoke.

James shrugged melodramatically. "I don?t know. I think we should check out the Yu-Yu-Hakusho forum and see."

"Right!" everyone chorused.

Before they even had a chance to sprint over to the forum, a low rumbling noise reverberated throughout the building. The glass windows shattered, and the concrete struts overhead began to break.

The members in the Nintendo forum escaped through the main door as quickly as possible, not wanting to still be inside when (as it looked it might) the whole site came crashing down.

Lady Asphyxia, Red and Dagger IX1, on the other hand, noticed a door behind the Mr Game and Watch poster had been left slightly ajar?

The leviathan Agent Smith towered over the Boards like a very smart Godzilla, his evil smirk and soulless sunglasses looming over the members who had scattered onto the beach. Even the 300 Foot Potato was dwarfed in comparison.

"His post count is phenomenal!" Terra shrieked. "He?s completely obliterated the special titles!"

"We need those ModZords, Adam!" James clenched his fists anxiously. He seriously doubted the lycra would be 600-foot-tall-Agent-Smith proof.

Adam jabbed a few buttons on his pop-up computer screen and a hole opened up in the ground outside- twenty-four ModZords obediently flew into the air and landed gingerly on the beach.

H4XX0r smiled wryly as he watched the Mods climb into their mechanical suits and customise their appearance.

Adam adjusted some of his display settings before opening a Chat window. "Be careful guys- if your ModZord gets hit while you?re inside, you could lose all of your Moderator abilities."

"Oh, great." The Harlequin muttered.

The battalion of mechas took to the sky and began swarming around H4XX0r, pounding at him with deletion lasers, ban missiles- nothing seemed to be hurting him at all.

"f00l5!" H4XX0r roared, swatting Jinzouningen17 and Digital Monster out of the sky. Their ModZords slammed into the ground below and disappeared, leaving them lying on the ground devoid of Mod power. "1?m m4d3 0f th0u54nds 0f 4cc0un75! y0u c4nn0t h4rm m3!"

DeathKnight swooped his mech up H4XX0r?s stomach, firing bullets through the shirt material. One of his shots severed the cord holding a shirt button, sending the colossal piece of ivory hurtling towards the ground. He looped in the air and tried to get out of the way, but was too slow. The button sliced through one of his ModZord?s engines- he went spiralling out of control and collided with Mitch. The two of them thundered into the sea.

Mitch rubbed the salt water out of his eyes and pulled himself onto the beach.

"Banal piss," he scowled.

James watched everything from the cockpit of his ModZord, flying over hXX0r?s colossal head while trying to dislodge his sunglasses.

[/color][COLOR=#503F86]"We have to combine the ModZords into a bigger machine- we're too small like this." James urged anxiously, seeing Ricotranzrig's ModZord smack into the OtakuBoards building. Transtic, Chaos and Break's simultaneously encountered a serious internal error and plummeted to the ground, abandoning their occupants.

The remaining Zords hovered around James, watching H4XX0r squish the boards like Mario to a Goomba.
"We?re down to sixteen Moderators. Will it be enough?" Solo asked.

Adam looked doubtful. "I don?t know. We?ll have to-"

Three more ModZords appeared next to them. Lady Asphyxia, Red and Dagger IX1 entered the Chat window, beaming happily.

"We?re ready to help." They chorused.

H4XX0r punched down the mountain landscape behind the Boards and began ripping down the background imaging. The sky turned black, HTML code streaming from tears in the screen above them.

"We don?t have any time to waste. Either it works or it doesn?t, but this is our last chance." Syk3 fired a volley of lasers into H4XX0r?s back in frustration, but the colossal suit-clad machine took ho notice of him.

"Alright," Adam took a deep breath. "This is how it works." he explained, hurriedly typing HTML code into his computer. "We all have to type the password in at exactly the same time for us to turn into MegaOtakuBoardZord. I?m sending it to you now."

H4XX0r brought his fist crashing down onto the Zelda forum, completely annihilating it.

"Everyone ready?"

"It?s personal now!" Desbreko roared. "Let?s do it!"

[b]"OtakuBoards Anti-Spam Moderator Force!"[/b]

The ModZords began to glow. With James, Charles and Adam?s Zords in the centre, the others all began swirling around it, creating the form of a gigantic Evangelion-like robot. On its head was a large red Mario cap.

Its eyes flashed open- sitting inside at a very long control panel were the reformed team of Moderators. They grabbed a joystick each and the robot began advancing on H4XX0r. Down below, the members cheered with excitement.

H4XX0r turned his head. Behind him, he saw the MegaOtakuBoardZord.

"v3ry 1nt3r35t1ng, Mr Adm1n15tr4t0r. Bu7 5t1ll n0t 3n0ugh"

He drew back his gigantic fist and hurled it forwards against the MegaOtakuBoardZord?s chest. Everyone inside the Zord reeled back with the shock at exactly the same time. The robot stumbled back, re-righted its footing and took hold of H4XX0r?s arm.

"We?re going to kick the C++ out of you, H4XX0r!" Charles shouted, raising his gloved fist into the air.

With a gigantic swing, the MegaOtakuBoardZord hurled H4XX0r over its head and slammed him into the ground. Several accounts separated from the virus? body, dissolving into the atmosphere. Drops of HTML began to fall from the sky like glowing rain.

H4XX0r picked himself up and wiped his mouth, from which HTML code was dribbling. He flattened his hand and, fingers first, drove it straight into the OtakuZord?s shoulder. Data spurted from the opening. Bits of H4XX0r?s body started transforming itself into metal. His twisted grin widened.[/COLOR]
[b][color=#503f86]
"[/b]4ll j00r p0w3r5 r 83l0ng t0 m3!"

The Moderators inside could feel themselves being drained away, and began lolling about melodramatically. James looked over to Adam, who had fallen out of his chair and was trying in vain to pull himself out of a very awkward position underneath the control panel.

[/color][color=#503f86]"Hey!" Came a voice through the Instant Message service.

Shy looked at the window. It was OtakuBot.

"Adam, do you want me to press this button you gave me in case of an emergency?" the mascot asked, pointing at a button attached to his side.

"Yes!"

"Okey-dokey!"

He leapt into the air. As he flew up towards the MegaOtakuBoardZord, he jabbed the button and began to change shape. From his usual small Famicom disk shape, his body began to lengthen and his arms joined together in the shape of a trigger. His legs grew and melted together to form a gigantic rifle butt- the rest of him formed a gleaming white gun barrel which placed itself in the Zord?s free hand.

Without any more hesitation than it took to pull Adam out from underneath the desk, they pointed the Otaku Blaster at H4XX0r?s chest.

"Account Terminated." The Moderators yelled in synchrony. A huge golden blast of energy exploded from the barrel, obliterating everything in its path. H4XX0r?s body disintegrated with a final, twisted scream.

The robot would have stood triumphantly over the battle ground, had the battleground not been the site that it had worked so hard to protect. There was almost nothing left now, save for the Yu-Yu-Hakusho forum, and Shy took control of the robot for a brief moment to stomp it firmly into the ground.

"Well?" James sighed. "I guess it was about time I got round to working on v7 anyway?"

"Ew, It?s wet."

"It?s a splash page. Of course it?s wet."

"Is it opening today?"

"I hope so."

The members all gathered closely around the large white box that had covered the OtakuBoards island since its near total destruction by the battle. It had been almost a week since the Boards went down, and the members who were left were tearing their hair out trying to think of things to do. After all, there are only so many times you can play I-Spy in a completely white world with a few hundred sleeping bags strewn around the landscape.

Suddenly, the box moved.

A door appeared in its surface and James, jblessing and Adam stepped through, looking more tired and worn-out than ever.

Immediately, a barrage of questions almost forced them back inside. They raised their hands and gradually brought silence to the excitable mob in front of them.

"It?s been a long while coming, but OtakuBoards v7 is finally. Come inside."

Yells of enthusiasm, screeches of joy and murmured sighs of "Oh, thank God" echoed throughout the site. The white walls surrounding the boards disappeared, the beach, sea and sky returned, bluer and more stunning than it was before. The members began filing into the main doors to resume their posting, barely able to contain their excitement.

Rather than following the main crowd of members, James gave a tired smile, walked straight to his bedroom and went to sleep.[/color]

Great chapter, Solo ^_^ *proceeds to outline his favorite parts of the chapter* <_<;

[QUOTE=Solo Tremaine][COLOR=#503F86]Desbreko looked at him blankly. "You were prepared for us to be sucked into the Boards by a freak accident, start a virtual community and deal with an army of spam-throwing hackers?"

"Yes."

"Oh."[/color][/quote]

So simple and, yet, so funny. I love quotes like that *grins*

[quote][color=#503F86]Desbreko?s nad-kicking abilities had escalated to devastatingly dangerous levels. Seeing the hugely destructive after-effects it had on l33t soldiers, it even scared those on his side. Solo hoped they weren?t planning on having any children.

Arcadia brought with her an accomplice- Mimmi dressed in stealth gear. While the Adventure mod distracted them, Mimmi pilfered their pants and ran off, leaving them highly exposed. With Desbreko running around, it wouldn?t take long for them to be in serious trouble. They retreated almost instantly, trying not to trip over their boxers.

Shinmaru, donning a red and black suit (not at all similar to DeathKnight?s suit of black and crimson), noticed with a very large amount of satisfaction that the troops all seemed to be retreating.[/color][/quote]

That whole part was just hilarious lol. Desbreko in one of those special suits would be an extremely scary thing, though; I'm glad he doesn't have access to one of those things on a regular basis :p

[quote][color=#503F86]Mitch rubbed the salt water out of his eyes and pulled himself onto the beach.

"Banal piss," he scowled.[/color][/quote]

What can I say? Inside jokes are just funny as hell. Banal piss is a funny term, too.

[quote][color=#503F86]There was almost nothing left now, save for the Yu-Yu-Hakusho forum, and Shy took control of the robot for a brief moment to stomp it firmly into the ground.[/color][/quote]

Heh, this part was truly funny. Good riddance, I say; Shy did the right thing. If he hadn't crushed the Yu-Yu Hakusho forum out of existance, I'm sure someone would have done so eventually.

All in all, the story is still just as great as when it started. Solo, you still continue to impress me with how subtly you integrate the functions of OB (spoiler tags, post count, etc.) into the story. Fantastic stuff ^_^

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1]Do you honestly have an idea how many times people have ****** up my name? Shitloads. In any case its hilarious. My favourite bit was the stair scene.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][QUOTE]Break, get your foot out of my ear!" Rico groaned.

"That’s not my foot." Break muttered. "It’s Shinmaru’s."

"My foot is in my own ear."

"Which part of who is this?" Terra mumbled, a mouthful of fur.

"That’s my tail," Solo said protectively, trying to grab it back.

Justin shuffled uncomfortably "Des, I hope that’s your finger…"

"Somebody open the door!"[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1]Funniness man. But it started looking a lot like Power Ranges crossed with Gundams or a little bit there... not that it matters.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Excellent, Solo. Absolutely superb. This story is so funny and entertaining, I've been laughing for the last forty-five minutes.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]I think you've captured everyone's personalities superbly. Great job, keep up the good work. Can't wait for the next chapter. ^_^[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1][color=#800000]Oh my, the entire chapter was filled with quotable moments ![/color][/size]

[size=1][color=#800000]Everyone did a great job with fighting the icky invaders, but I have to say that Arcadia and myself (with Des lurking about) made up for some fearsome [b]Badness[/b] ~_^[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=#800000]And I particularly enjoyed reading the Mods use different techniques to dispose of the enemy (Sara's punctuation, Asphyxia's superior posting quality, Des' nad-kicking etc.).[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=#800000]Highly enjoyable, as usual ^_^[/color][/size]

[QUOTE]"It’s a splash page. Of course it’s wet."[/QUOTE]

One of the best around. The strikethrough tag was truely brilliant too. Amazing chapter and great humor. I'm seriously addicted to this :D

When is the next coming? ;)

[font=Verdana][size=1]Another excellent chapter and he even credited me with ensuring it got posted (Go ahead and ask him). More fantasy based than previous chapters Solo (heck the were all fantasy based but this one takes the crown), I did enjoy the Power Rangers spin to it, reminded me of childhood days gone by.[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][b]11 pages[/b], pheeew that really is a testiment to your dedication to this Solo (heh 11 pages and I didn't feature once). I think it's getting better and better all time, as is the humor although I must admit that I didn't get the "[i]Banal Piss[/i]" bit. I look forward to seeing more of your genius unfold and more comic appearance by other members.[/size][/font]

[color=#707875]Wow, very cool, Solo. I particularly loved the use of the spoiler tag. ~_^

I'm also amazed at how many references you can fit into a single chapter. It's crazy. Amazing stuff, though. This chapter almost seems like an end to your story though...will you keep going? ^_^[/color]