OtakuBoards

The Otaku/Otaku boards in ten years

GreatDeitylink

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Leh [/i]
[B][size=1][color=006699]It'll be gone, abandoned by those who have something to do in their life. We'll be in college, or be having kids. We'll be amounting to something... or most of us, I hope. [/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=green]Perhaps.

Or maybe once we all have "moved on" from OtakuBoards, we will be replaced by younger people who gravitate to the boards for the same reasons we did.

Who knows, maybe in ten years message boards will be obsolete anyway...[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]The world will be gone in ten years.
Therefore, the board will be gone too.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=green]I'm not even going to reply to that... :rolleyes:[/COLOR]

Ten years? Meh, I doubt OB'll still be here. If it is, it'll probably be overrun by n00bs.

Also, if it does last ten more years, I have no idea if I'll still be here. I suppose I'm gonna be here as long as I can, but ten years? ...Joining as a kid and still being here when I'm an adult...o.O;; That's a little...weird...

[size=1][color=darkblue]It seems to me that we all will be gone even if the boards do last. I definatly won't be here anyway. I'll be in collage, or already starting life on my own. I may stay here for awhile, but not that long. I think most people won't care in ten years. Well... at least I won't. Think, people will have LIVES in ten years, you can't spend all your time here when you are an adult.[/color][/size]

[B][SIZE=1] OB might not be here. Why? It'll just die like all things do. People will move on, like I will. I might not be here in ten years, I might not be here in a year, I guess I have something better to do now, instead of sitting on a computer for hours, I'd rather go hang around with my friends.

So, I reckon it's not going to be here.[/B][/SIZE]

i'll probably check in on an occational basis, just to keep in touch with my friends here. as sad as it may seem, a lot of people here have become big parts of my lives.

What's so sad about that? I think that's pretty interesting... I know I probably won't be here in ten years, but if all goes well, I might just be here... I think the real question is when James, Adam, and Charles "leave", who will fund and run the site?

[B][SIZE=1]

Ten Years, huh? I don't know. Maybe, maybe not. I have been with this site for about 8 to 9 months. Its pretty much the only reason I stay online so long, other than another, lesser board I belong too. I've made several freinds, that as sad is it may sound, I will never meet face to face, or atleast and relize it. But, as long as I'm interested in anime and my freindss online stay, I too probably will... that is unless I get outta college by then. And by that time, I would have probably out grown it. I don't know. My philosphy is the future is today, so I can't predict it, only live it.

[/B][/SIZE]

OB as it is now will not be here in ten years. Things change far too quickly for that, particularly at the times in life which most of us are at.

Either it will have progressed or it will have decayed. Or maybe it will be a small bunch of fanatics who just can't let go and face the fact that times were good, but they are past.

There's nothing wrong with moving on. The most important lesson for anybody is to make the most of what you have today, not to try and reclaim the things of yesterday. Every time is a season, and every season is different. If there are fond memories of yesterday, that's no problem, but if there is an obsession with getting back to yesterday then nothing can be achieved.

No-one in summer can try to do what he did in winter and achieve anything. And no-one in winter can try to do what he did in summer and achieve anything. In times gone by, everyone would understand the image of "sowing" and "reaping". In one season you plant the seeds, in another you watch them grow and nurture them, in another season you harvest them, and in another season you have to wait for the opportunity to plant again. In every season something different must be done- in order to find fulness you need to discover what it is in a particular time, and get cracking at it.

There will be a season for all of us when we move on from OB. The main question is whether you can accept that it is best or if you'll hang on to what will not do you any good.

Otakuboards and theOtaku will change. Absolute Stability is not an attribute we humans have. It will be better or worse, flourishing or dwindling to a select nostalgic few.

Either way I hope we can look back at these times and say "those times were good", not "what we had then, we need it back"

[size=1][color=CC0000]I'd like for OB to still exist in 10 years, but whatever happens now determines what happens in a decade to the boards. A decade.. it sounds like a really long when you say it that way.

I'll most likely not be posting very regularly anymore. Probably may move on totally, I would definately check-up on the boards every-so-often.

If you think about it, the boards will be here in 10 years, because anime has been around for longer than that, and it will carry on for longer than that. I think OtakuBoards will grow larger or die because of too many members. o.O[/size][/color]

I believe that OtakuBoards will eventually be hacked. When you think about it, most of the largest forum communities on the internet have already been hacked numerous times and it's a miracle that this hasn't been hacked yet.

Anyway, I'm going to hop on the bandwagon and talk about how I won't be here. When you think about it, James himself probably won't even be here for 10 more years.

I could possibly be here in 10 years. Little old no-life me. I have only been here for 7 or 8 months... and it feels like forever. Eventually finding time to be here will be hard but I'll still find some time.

I often wonder about Adam and James, and hope they'll stay at this site for as long as.. well, as they want, but hopefully forever Heh. It would be sad if it died. I might actually have to get a life.

I probably won't be here in 10 years, but I could be. WHo knows. This site is becoming increasingly large, which will either result in a great, successful site, or a dead hulk. Hopefully the former over the latter though.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kinetic [/i]
[B]I believe that OtakuBoards will eventually be hacked. When you think about it, most of the largest forum communities on the internet have already been hacked numerous times and it's a miracle that this hasn't been hacked yet.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Believe you me, I am working on it. J/k.
But really, I think the boards will still be here. Thought, they will be a whole lot different, like....... They will be on vurtual reality. So all the members could really meet face to face(in different forms).
*looks back at post* Yeah.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kinetic [/i]
[B]Anyway, I'm going to hop on the bandwagon and talk about how I won't be here. When you think about it, James himself probably won't even be here for 10 more years. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]He wasn't actually planning on staying this long. I believe that with v7, Charles may be the one running the boards. You'll have to hear that from James, though, heh..

Ten years from now I'm hoping to be married with a kid(s) and have a job. Or..something. Somewhere between now and then, I most likely would have left in order to focus on other aspects that would have come up in my life. As for OtakuBoards still being here, eh, I doubt it, but only time will tell. It certainly won't be the OB you know and love today, and could be run by entirely different members, have a new message board system, and maybe even a new URL. Can you imagine your kids growing up on OB? O_o;; haha

Ah well, it will always remain in the archives.[/color]

[color=#707875]v7 will be this site's final "version" in a long time. It's going to be designed as a longterm thing.

So we have no plans beyond v7. That is, we don't have plans for v8 and onward. It just doesn't work that way.

As far as 10 years goes...who knows. We don't even know where these sites will be at the end of 2004, let alone 2013 or beyond.

I doubt that OtakuBoards will be around in ten years. And if it is, it'll be very different. Or someone else will have bought the URL. Who knows.

But whether Adam and I are still doing something Internet related in ten years...that's a different question. You just never know.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. We should enjoy what we have now and make the most of it. OtakuBoards may not necessarily be around in 2013, but it'll definitely be here in 2004. So, there's still plenty of time to enjoy it. ~_^[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]v7 will be this site's final "version" in a long time. It's going to be designed as a longterm thing.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]I miss the days of semi-regular versions changes. It seems like you were always working on the "next big thing" in those days, heh. Maybe people are so happy with what they have now they looking fowards to a replacement might make people a little sad. Oh well. As a whole, new versions of OtakuBoards are always a lot of fun.

I'm not opposed to the idea of visiting this place every so often in the next decade, but by then I will be much older than the target audience of this site. The idea of having to look through "Greatest Anime Swordsman" threads when I'm 28 seems like a little too much to deal with, though. Hopefully I will remain close with as many OB-ers as I can, even if Shy and OtakuBoards have long since disappeared from the net.

-Shy[/size]

[color=deeppink]In ten years I'll be going through a female crisis when I realize that 30 is just around the corner. I think that, and my career, will be my main focus at the time :p

If the Boards are around in ten years, I won't be t/here.

In fact, in ten years, message forums are going to be moderated by kids who are currently somewhere around the age of 5. The future is in their hands ^_~[/color]

OB in 10 years, I would be 33 years old so I highly doubt I would still be here, heh.

As far as the boards go, I doubt it will still be around in 10 years time, I've been on OB for almost 3 years now and have seen a lot of changes, my prediction is 2005 to be the last year of OB before something happens