OtakuBoards

First Date, First Kiss.

island gurl

I don't even remember most of it. My first girlfriend was unfortunately this girl named Meghan. Some might remember her from my post about her horrible kissing in another thread (and others may know her from even more things that I regret in my life lol).

Anyway, we saw Final Destination in the theater. She actually looked pretty nice that day. I remember her having on this cute pink, fuzzy sweater that suited her well... at least back when I didn't know she was insane.

Other than that, I don't remember. The movie was lame, but the date was decent.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]Anyway, we saw Final Destination in the theater. She actually looked pretty nice that day. I remember her having on this cute pink, fuzzy sweater that suited her well... at least back when I didn't know she was insane.

Other than that, I don't remember. The movie was lame, but the date was decent. [/B][/QUOTE]

What what what? It had cutey Devon Sawa in it!? You should be greatful you saw such a hot guy for so long! lol.

My first date.... with a girl was to see Charlie's Angels.... um yeah.... it was with her and her sister and her sister's boyfriend and her sister's friend and her sister's friend's boyfriend.... so yeah... I didn't like that.... the movie was ok. She was a nice girl. Though yeah... heh, not much my type, if you know what I mean. First date with a guy.... Went to AppleBees for dinner.... yeah.... bad date. Nice guy, good food, nice talk, bad date.

So here's some kickers.... do a movie and dinner for the first date. If you really want to impress her, or him, whatever, buy them their ticket to the movie. Or let them pick... or yeah.... I dunno... the whole women thing is confusing, which is why I don't date them. lol. Ask some straight person about that.

[size=1][COLOR=darkred]Hmm. . my first date. . long time ago (Middle School. . I think. . ). I took my date, Christy, to a football game (once again, Middle School. . I think. . lol). We really didn't spend much time 'watching' We spent the majority of the time walking around the stadium holding hands, talking, and some kissing (she really liked to kiss me). .

Unfortunately, we didn't date for too long (way too long of a story to get into), though it wasn't either of our faults. There is a part of me that misses her, but it's something I have accepted a long time ago. . .

would have
could have
should have

[EDIT]Really didn't put much advice in this thread did I? LOL, sorry 'bout that. Well. . there are the obvious gentlemanly things that you can do. It was a cool evening, and she was a bit underdressed (wether because she was testing me, or because she didn't expect it to be that cool), so I offered my button up shirt (I wasn't wearing a jacket, or I would have offered that instead). She was flattered, and commented on how nice it was to be wearing something that smelled like me.

Also, when she got hungry, I purchased some food from the consession stands (keep in mind, we were at a football game and since we were both young, she wasn't really expecting a steak dinner).

Since we walked to the school from our neighborhood (it was decently close), to stay close to her, I reached down and took her hand. We pretty much kept holding hands that entire evening. Umm. . other then that, I was fortunate to be able to keep a conversation going throughout the whole evening. At times, she wouldn't have anything to say, so I could easily pick up the conversation. She commented on how happy she was at the length we talked (we didn't really get that much time to talk during school).

Well. . I don't know how much of that will help. Some other basic ideas for a date? Well. . some basic ways to impress them would be:

[b]Open doors for them[/b] - Some women aren't used to having doors opened for them. I have had a few that were really shocked, and would often fight to try to open the doors for themselves, but then realized that it was nice to have that little of a touch to the time we spent. This doesn't have to be with a date, just women in general. I have heard that some women get offended when a man opens the door for them, but just offer a smile and say it's just manners, and that usually calms them down. Don't comment on how it's a 'mans' job to take care of the woman.

[b]Pay for first date dinner[/b] - While some women that I have taken out to dinner offered to pay for it, I think that if I invited them to dinner, I am going to be the one to pay for it. If you go out as friends, it's no big deal to let them pay for it. Don't really get into a habbit of paying for every meal either, unless you have a very padded wallet =P You don't want to spend for everything, because you will find yourself very short on cash very fast.

Umm, I could go into more details, but I don't know if any of this is even any help ^_^ [END EDIT][/size][/COLOR]

[size=1][COLOR=darkred]LOL, my first kiss that I can remember? Well. . it was forever ago. I think I was like 10. . maybe younger, maybe older. I was visiting one of my parents good friends. The family was pretty close to ours, since my dad knew his friend (we will call him Mr. H) before we moved (which in itself was forever ago). My mom made good friends with my dad's friends wife (she is of course Mrs. H). . so both men and both women were very close friends.

Anyways, one of the days I visited, one of Mrs. H's neices was visiting. Sadly, I can't remember her name =( It was way too long ago. Anyways, I thought she was very cute, and we spent a lot of time together. I know, this is wierd to do at the age of 10ish. . but we hung out a lot, and luckily, my mom was visiting Mrs. H quite often. So, I got to go over a lot, and spend more time with her.

Well, one day we were hanging out together, we got on the subject of kissing. Honestly, I don't know what types of conversations we had, seeing as how neither of us were that educated or learned with events in the world. . lol. Well, we decided to kiss, so we ran into Mrs. H's bathroom, and locked the door. Really all it was was just short 'pecking' kisses, and a few long 'pecks' lip-to-lip. No real kissing went on, no tongue or any feeling each other up. . lol. It was just two kids experimenting. .

My first real experience with kissing was with my first real crush. That was in middle school (there is more detail in the first date thread). . well. . that's all ^_^[/size][/COLOR]

Heads up huh?...check the weather report.

On my official one it was with two of my friends and friend of my date's and well, it was a nice idea and all, go to the city and see a movie. Nothing too extravagant. But it rained. No it was torrential rain...then to make thing's worse my date had to leave me and my friend's at a mall for 3hrs while he went to pick up his cousin.

He was so annoyed with the entire day.

Me, I was wet. lol. But it's all good, he's my bf now :p

Wow, all of you have very interesting adventures.

Thanks to you, *smiles*...I have a good heads up on what to do. I'll show some of my friends this thread, just in case if they are curious....O.o... Well, Please tell me more if possible, becuase i like hearing stories like this.

Good luck with any dates in the future.

Guest cloricus
I haven't ever been on an official date I don?t think. I would rather just meet some one casually and do nothing or just something random with them, though I do this with a lot of people and I guess it's just because I don't really like going out places unless it's solely for something or to have some fun.
Though I'm sure if an absolutely stunning girl asked me out on a date my like of causal nothingness would go out the window.

[COLOR=darkred]my first date was way back when...
*lights fade then a spot light goes on her*
it was on the weekend when i had my first boyfriend back in 6th grade
my best friend and her boyfriend and me and mine decided to go catch a movie o_o
i remember the day so well because we went to watch that one movie "superstar!" with the girl hugging the tree err whatever >>; and we were worried if we were old enough to get into the movie because me 'n cody were only 12 but the others were 13 so old enough XD but we ended up going in anyways and he paid for my ticket even though i tried to refuse because i believed in that i could pay myself ^^;
anyways we bought candy and watched the movie, then after we decided to go get more candy at the candy place and cody bought me gummie worms ^__^; it was adorable.. then i went home and got introuble because my parents didnt know it was a "date" since they thought i was too young :] they didnt even find out i was going out with him untill later so that was fun and hilarious
it was funny that they didnt realize i was going out with him because i went to his house a lot and stuff XDDD but y'know my parents are always non-existant in my life and slow
i guess sometimes thats a plus.

anyways that was my first date it wasnt much of one but we were young and didnt have that much to work off of.
but as for what happened to cody o_O well he still goes to my school, we dont talk really anymore, let alone.. o_O see eachother..and my best friend at the time is still a year older and still a friend.
[/COLOR]

[color=indigo]Much to my chagrin, I was stood up on my first date. When I was in the sixth grade I developed a crush on a girl that I had been friends with for years. I finally worked up the nerve to call her up and I was relieved when she said yes. We decided on going to see Suburban Commando, which honestly was not my decision (although I really wanted to see the movie).

Anyway, my mom drove me to her house to pick her up and no one was home. I think I was both devastated and relieved at the same time (because I remember being insanely nervous before hand). I found out later from my mom that someone had called for me but she couldn?t understand what the caller was saying. I was never able to really talk to her again, actually I remember avoiding her as much as possible. Even though I moved to North Carolina three years later it seems that she and I have always kept tabs on each other through mutual friends?kind of weird I guess.
[/color]

Well, my first date's coming up. I was thinking of asking my girlfriend to prom, and have a great night of fun and dancing. *Grins* then I think I'll take her out to dinner. I'm not sure but I'm thinking it'll work out great! Like Fatty_McGee, anyone out there with dating tips for newbies like us?

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Well. . I have gone to the prom three times, once with a date, and two times with a female friend. . so I will try to give some advice, and hopefully it will help.

Well. . basic tips:

Order the corsage up to two weeks early. Often, most people order them a day or two in advance. This, wether they say it or not, upsets the flower ladies (or men, depending on where you go). Most high school students tend to think of a corsage last. . everytime I have gone in early, I have been thanked for my thoughtfulness (wether I ordered from a grocery store or a floral shop).

Make sure you know if you are going as friends or on a date before you go. Reason? - You have to know what you are going to pay for. In my opinion, if you are taking her out on a date, she pays for her dress. Other then that, you pay for dinner, corsage, tickets, and maybe even limo (mr. high roller?). Of course, depending on your relationship, it's totally fine if you want to split the costs down the middle. Talk to her about it if you are short on cash. I payed for everything my first prom (date), most my second (friend), and all my third (friend). The third prom, one of my sisters really good friends was stood-up a week before the prom. I was called, and asked if I could take her. Of course, I volunteered to (we are pretty good friends also. .just not anywhere as close as her and my sister). Well, my sister and her friends chipped in about 1/3 of the price for everything. It was really nice of them, and definitely eased my burden, lol. I popped for dinner ($80 together. . most I ever payed for just two people)

Limo or car - If you do decide to get a limo, order well in advance (yes, earlier then the corsage). If you have the time, go and find out what it looks like, what size, check the interior. You wouldn't want to get stuck with a run down limo or anything. If you are promised one limo, and they call and say somethings wrong, and they will replace it, find out with what, and make sure that if they downgrade you, you get some money coming back your way. For a car, make sure you vacuum it out and wash the car. You don't want to show up in just your honda that hasn't been cleaned since you first got it. Make sure you have plenty of gas, and that you have checked all the fluids. Remember, you don't want anything to ruin your night.

Rememer as always, be a gentleman. Even if you have been going out for years, or if this is your first date. . treat 'her' to the special evening that she deserves. If it isn't called for, don't complain about anything that evening. (If your food is burnt, don't let that complaint leave the resteraunt. . the table. . or even your mouth =) They can fix it. . so let them.) Well. . I will shut up now ^_^ sorry for babbling. . lol [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=arial]my first date was prom actually, lol. the actual prom part wasn't all that great (the 'dance', I guess you could call it), but the get-together afterwards was a lot better. and I loved the dressing up part. my hair and dress looked so purty ^_^. the really nice part of it was that me and the guy who asked me to it ended up 'going out' a couple of weeks later. we still get along well even though we don't go out anymore. but yes, my first date was pretty nice, overall.[/FONT]

I went on my first date a couple of years ago--and yes, it involved going to a movie. I can't even remember what film we watched (in any case, it must have been pretty average stuff), but I do recall being incredibly nervous. My apprehension didn't exactly vanish when my newly-minted boyfriend decided to stick his tongue down my throat....

But that's another story. My advice is just to keep your expectations reasonable. When it comes to romance, perfection is quite elusive. And whether you're a boy or a girl, don't [i]attack[/i] someone when you're looking for physical affection. That's just a little scary. o_o;

Has anyone else noticed that few people appear to truly be going on dates? I'm talking about kids in general, not just those posting in this thread. It seems as though a lot of teenagers just acquire significant others through... osmosis, or some strange process that has nothing to do with actually taking someone to dinner.

~Dagger~

[color=teal]Before I start, I'd like to thank OtakuBoards for setting up my first date. O_o;;;

..if you could call it that. ~_~ We had literally no other alternative for where we could meet, as I was visiting her home town on vacation, and the people we were with wern't up for discussing options. <_< To make things worse, we only had an hour together, we were in an art museum which didn't exactly initiate very good conversation, and my family and family friends (totalling 7 in all) were walking around the museum and ran into us about three times. x_x

She was already my girlfriend during the date *begins to understand that not all dating means that you're "going out" :X*, and this was the first time that I had seen her in person in my entire life, due to internet relations. Because of the aforementioned conditions, we really didn't do too much together when keeping in mind that we were boyfriend and girlfriend and on a date. She is also my first girlfriend, so I wasn't too sure if I should push it so quickly, and this was our first time meeting anyway.

In the way of acting "gentlemanly", I did buy both of our tickets into the museum, and gave her (for lack of flowers ^_~) a drawing that I had been working on for weeks. She had her friend come with her, but I think the friend was planning on staying in the gift shop and letting us go around alone together all along, lol.

As for advice, this was my first and only date so I don't have much experience. ^_^ Even if many things did go wrong, I was still very happy to meet and be with her. With some luck, we'll be looking at our second date sometime this summer.

If you can't guess who this is by now, I pity you. <_<[/color]

My first date was awesome. I was like 12 and we went to the movies and I thought was so cool because I finally hooked up with a girl. I had the biggest ego after that until my friend told me that he hooked up with like the hottest girl in our school at the time. he shot me right down, but he was just playing around because we are like best friends... so yea.

[size=1]What classifies something as a date? Intent to continue a relationship and/or...ah...physical activity, or...?

In any case, I don't consider anything I've done to have been a date.

My sophomore year, my friend Shayne and I hung out at a bookstore for a couple hours. I had a lot of fun--Heh, I love bookstores, and could spend days in the children's section alone.

Afterwards, he asked me, "Was that a date, or am I still just dreaming?"

*shrugs* I told him it wasn't.

Honestly, I've always been too shy to go out with anyone. A handful of people have asked me out over the last...ten years or so (why would a second grader ask someone out? This, I do not know.)... and my response usually involves turning several sucessesive shades of pink, mumbling something, and avoiding said person for the next week.

*rolls eyes* You stick with what works, I guess.[/size]

[color=violet]My first date date was with this boy named Kevin, who was a sloppy kisser.
I only went out with him to piss off this girl who went out with him, but broke up with him. I really hated this girl, infact I still do because she's a low life back stabber. But I have to be nice to her because my best friend associates with her. But back to the date.
I was fifteen, he was seventeen and we went to go see The first I know what you did movie.
The movie wasn't bad, but he didn't really ignight any thoughts of passion in me so I never went out with him again.
Then the week after that he got a girlfriend gave her my phone number and she started harassing me. Needles to say my brother beat the dog crap out of the guy.
Also, I didn't date again until the next year and that wasn't too eventfull except I broke up with him.
And, incase you're wondering, Lincoln and I never dated[/color]

My first date was to see one of the PokeMon movies in theaters with this one guy, named Adam. He is my ex boyfriend now, and lives in another state...which is very good. I don't ever care to see him again. Anyways, we went to see the movie, and afterwards we had Chinese food, played a few arcade games, and rode the bumper cars a few times. The date was pretty cool, but the movie sucked.

My first date was a few months ago. Me and Zach went to the mall, played DDR. We bought comics. Then went into the toy store and we each bought.... A Sailor Moon doll! (Or action figure, as he refused to admit he bought a doll ^.^)

It was pretty ackward, but he's a great guy. He did break up with me. Without telling me. I don't know how that works, but it obviously does.

As for the date, at the end he gave me a hug as he was leaving. ^_^ He's a sweety.

Well, my first "official" date was simply a dinner and a movie back in the seventh or eighth grade, can't remember which. Man, I was such a dork back than. I took her out to dinner at the mall, probobly something fancy like Panda Express. Mere McDonalds just wouldnt cut it. Than we went to the 3 screen piece o' crap theater in the mall, tucked behind the nail saloon and what used to be the arcade (shut down for some MAJOR drug dealing happening inside). Anyways, I put my arm around the girl, but was so freaking nervous, I didn't do anything from there. Eventually, see turned to me and made the first move, but I was so worked up I damn near missed her lips all together. Probobly the slopiest kiss I had ever given. Man it was terrible.

Ah well, Its nice to say that somethings time past and things change, cause if I still acted like that, I would be losing a girl every damn date. Obviously, back than I had the excuse of being like 13, but seriously, at my age, If I were to act like that, Id be laughed out of the movies.

Man that was bad. But funny bad. And was made better when I best friend missed his first kiss COMPLETELY, KISSING THE GIRL ON THE EYE. Now that was a post worthy first date.

Guest Midnight Rush
my first date was 1. a terrible kisser and 2. an compulsive obsessive phone user (OMG I still jump at the sound of a phone)
make sure that you don't get one like she was :( ug,,,, *vomits in corner*

Guest Midnight Rush
[COLOR=orangered][size=1]Excused double-post; result of merged thread. -Sara[/size][/COLOR]

my first kiss sucked on ice. she was terrible like those mid life crisis women you see on tv who cant do anything but keep their mouths wide open. i still avoid that girl (shudders) she was nuts, kinda grabbed me and kissed me without my permission lol, recently tho my luck with girls has improved greatly ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hatake Kakashi [/i]
[B]First kiss eh? Well...I don't really kiss and tell, but my first kiss was the greatest thing in my life...next to my Nike Geo Merlin football of course :) . The kiss wasn't intended.

I guess I just tripped "acciedentely" and my lips fell on hers. It was like something let me do something I really wanted to do..*cough*

She was suprised but she like it...Now we make out alot :) [/B][/QUOTE]

you...were kissing during an action movie? how..er..interesting. glad it worked for you, i usually need to go to some BS romantic comedy to get anytihng

[size=1]First dates are always fun. But it's a different situation since I'm gay, but I can offer some help. Just be calm, and be yourself (that is, if you're not a total conceited jerk who likes to talk about yourself all the time). Don't act like a stranger, hold your dates hand, share popcorn (if you're going to the movies), just show them you're affectionate.

And Undefeated, I'm sure she felt the same towards you. ;)[/size]

[size=1]Egh ... o_O I do not remember my first date atl all, lol. I never really kept a record running. I imagine it was just a movie or a hockey game, but that was it.

The only thing that is probably interesting is my [i]first[/i] date was with my [i]second[/i] girlfriend. ^_^; My first one and I never really did much. o_O Seriously ...[/size]

Guest lavalamp
My first date was OK.

He took me out to eat, and we sat around at his place talking, sort of. He just kept going on and on, but I didn't mind because he was hot. Superficial?

We rented a few cheesy low-budget movies too, but needless to say, we never got around to watching.