OtakuBoards

55 Fiction [PG]

Sara

[center][b]?Excitement keeps the Lunch Ladies Employed?[/b][/center]

[quote]The lunches were bland. Sandwiches were mushed together and tasteless; hamburgers flat and gray; the milk tasted more like cardboard cartons. Trays clattered down onto the cheap, pastel tables, barely heard over the harsh, grating roar of 150 screaming children. It was cafeteria chaos, but it was our chaos, and so we ate those lunches.[/quote]

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]Wrinkled Wisdom[/b][PG]

The old woman gave wrinkled wisdom. "I wanted to die once." She stroked with veiny hands her granddaughter's hair. "Now my death wish is a million miles away." "I know how you feel, darling. You'll change."

She was speechless. She didn't know what to say to her grandmother. She didn't want to die anymore.

[COLOR=SlateGray]He was my Geraden and the love he gave me broke through the glass.

Beside him I grew stronger, in his eyes I could see my own reflection.

The sand ran out before we could finish, leaving only an empty frame.

Someday the horns will sound again but for now I'm lost in the mirrors.[/COLOR]

[b]The Secrets Shown[/b][M]

I walked in. The ceiling panel removed, she was climbing a ladder. "What're you doing?" I asked. I was surprised.

"Nothing." I wouldn't take that answer. I walked over and looked up. I saw forms in darkness. I noticed a dull stinging stench.

"What the hell?" Death hung in the air. Fear held me.

[color=darkslategray] "Just say when," she said to him. The silence was nearly unbearable. Neither complained, it was their fault.

"You have no choice," he sternly spouted. The tension thick as grease.

All she thought about was her safety, rather than the life she beared. All he thought about was his heritage.

Time to make ammends. [/color]

[size=1][b]Stoker[/b]

I could only stand and watch as the bodies were brought around, piled high in huge wooden carts, pulled by four of the other men. Capo?s in black leather jackets stood on the wagon, and threw the bodies down to the men on the ground. And as I stoked the fires, I ignored death?s call.[/size]

[b]Day Dream[/b][M]

Naked, warm, cradled in each other's arms. Heavy breath, young lust and hormones. She was a lovely rose, he was a granite brick. She nectared him with kisses. He was left pockmarked. She had butterfly beautiful legs. Touching them felt of silk.

"Frankie, Frankie."

Snapped out of it. He looked at the teacher.

"What?"

[b]One Slip[/b] [PG]

Turned the corner. She held her hands out. Face said "Don't hit me!" Body language read surprise and fear. Inside his car his face lost its apathy. Brakes were applied. She continued walking to her car, with her boyfriend. His thoughts trailed. Life given was so easily extinguished. One slip was all it took.

[CENTER][SIZE=1][b]Smells like Victory [M][/b][/CENTER]

The sound of explosions was deafened over the screams of dying men,
he looked down on the casualty, the face distorted by a gunshot.
The medics surrounded the boy, a little over 18...
He shouldn't have been there, it wasn't his time to fight...
A strange thing it is, to look down on your own corpse... [/SIZE]

Yesterday, Revisited

The screen was a blank canvas and he stared at it, hoping somehow, someway, he could write a post. It'd have to be a brilliant post, that showed his feelings and emotions for her with eloquence unheard of.

But nothing was coming. So he posted the one thing he could think of.

'I love you.'

[size=1][color=#696969]"They say I can't have him."

They were wrong.

"No one knows what we've been through."

They'll never know.

"Everytime I'm with him, I'm a better person."

They disbelieve that.

"How can they hate a person they don't know?"

They're only human.

"Romeo, Romeo, why aren't you here? I miss you so."

I miss you too.[/size][/color]

[b]Lucifer Beside Me[/b][M]

God was growing devil horns. He stared at them with His omnipotent eye. " I DON'T UNDERSTAND," He boomed. It was like that fable Humans had, about Pinnochio, only instead of lies, it was for misdeed, instead of the nose, he grew horns. Faith in Him was dwindling. He needed to change.

[size=1][b]Sarajevo[/b]

I stared out of the bus window, tears blurring my vision as I watched the crowd of people behind me fall away, my father with them. As my mother hugged me and my brother to her chest, one of the other women on the bus screamed out for everyone to get down. The bus wailed.

[b]Welcome To Hell [Sarajevo Pt II][/b]

My mother threw my brother and I to the ground, and lay on top of us, as thousands upon thousands of bullets hit the bus, glass shattering and metal shards flying through the air. One cut into my leg, and I began to whimper. And as I lay there, I felt my mother?s body jerk?
[/size]

[b]Utopia[/b][PG]

It was the perfect society, and because it was perfect, there wasn't pain. And no pain made it dull and boring. There was no rush to life, no incentive. It needed flaws. It needed imperfection. That was why a man was born to his destiny. Nicknamed later Spartacus the Second, he was this utopia's downfall.

[size=1][b]Golden Rose[/b]

The creak of wooden timbers, the dim glow of shielded lanterns, the slow wash of the ebbing tide. All set the scene for this particular night. Thomas Wellington was one of the men hired by the notorious Edward Dreyer to collect this shipment of cocaine heading into London.

?Freeze!? bawled the policemen, swarming the jetty.
[/size]

perhaps i can bring it back, it's only been nearly six months. im sure it will still be running. i hope i can enter this rpg, my sign up was good. i think ill pm the creator and ask..nah htey'll see the posts we've put up.

i hope im not to late.

[left][color=darkgreen][font=trebuchet MS][center][size=4]With Benefits[/size][/center]

??and when I fall for you, then what??

?We have a long talk, and stay the best of friends.?

?Friends,? I sighed, wrapping my arm around his waist, ?You know, I like you a lot more than I should??

He kissed me softly on the lips, and smiled.

?You're not so bad yourself.?[/font][/color][/left]

[size=1][b]On The Road Again[/b]

?Good afternoon folks, it?s time for the traffic report. Over to you, Mark?

?Afternoon John. Well, you really don?t want to be on the freeway this afternoon, it?s murder down there? the traffic is backed up from end to end. Folks, if I were you, I?d walk home?traffic?ll be still for a few hours yet.?

[b]Wild Thing[/b]

Down below, in one of the thousands of cars sitting in the broiling afternoon sun, was an old, dilapidated truck.

And as Sean sat in his truck, sweat trickling down his dirty forehead, perspiring freely in the heat, he let the annoying buzz of the radio fade from his mind? and reached underneath his seat.
[/size]

I'm just gonna wing it! It might be crappy but it has 55 words!

[B]Impatience[/B]

She sighed. Her fingers twirled her hair and she rolled her eyes.

She checked her watch: 5:02 and 48 seconds.

She glanced out the window as a bird flew by.

She turned her head to the black box on the desk.

She demanded to know, ?How long does it take to load one freakin? website?!?

[size=1][b]Jealousy[/b]

I keep wondering if she's kissing him now, if her hands are in his hair, her legs wrapped around his weist, his hands smoothing over her thighs... Those thighs are mine. I try to breath, I try to think of better things but I know. Her sigh drifts through hollow walls. I turn and sob. [/size]

[b]Walking Smoke[/b][PG]

She walks on the sidewalk, brings her hand holding a cig toward her mouth, puffs, blows out, lays down the hand. I see her from behind. The sky is gray. She enters the building. I follow suit. Before I walk in, I see the cig lying on the ground. Smoke rises from the ashes.

[size=1][b]I Love You[/b]

I steal boyfriends. It's my curse, to never really have the boy I want. When you have to steal something, it's never really yours. You always run the risk that he?ll be stolen back. I watch him sleep and I know he's gonna break me any day now. I lay close anyway, inhaling his scent. [/size]

[center][b]?The Twist isn?t in the Cone?[/b][/center]

[quote]We were hankering for Haagen-Dazs ice cream. As we walked up to the counter, something felt different.

?Chunky Monkey?Cherry Garcia?they got new flavors? I don?t remember the shop being this?goofy?oh well.?

We ordered our treats and sat down. As we finished, Melissa glanced up at the shop.

?It?s Ben n Jerry?s.?[/quote]

[size=1][b]Unrequited Love...[/b]

Robert glanced agitatedly at his watch, a chunky digital creation, mounted perpetually upon his pale wrist.

Where was she? She was always here by now?always?what if something had happened to her?

At last she came down the street, golden hair waving in the breeze, as she pushed through busy crowds, her sharp business suit well-cut.

[b]...Burns Hardest[/b]

As she walked past him, he detached himself from the doorframe to follow her. He followed her three blocks to her office, as he did each and every morning. And she never realised it. Oh, but she was his angel. His angel. One day she would love him back, and they would be together forever.
[/size]

[I][B]Singin' Our Troubles Away...[/B][/I]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]"In the jungle, the mighty jungle...."[/COLOR]

"Shut up."

[COLOR=DimGray]"....the lion sleeps tonight..."[/COLOR]

"I said SHUT UP!"

[COLOR=DimGray]"Hey, just trying to lighten the mood."[/COLOR]

He examined her carefully. "What did you do?"

[COLOR=DimGray]"Who, me? Nothing! Why?"[/COLOR]

"You're lying. What is it?"

A long pause.

[COLOR=DimGray]"Well...... about your dog....."[/COLOR]

Silence.

"How did the rest go?"

[COLOR=DimGray]"No idea..." [/COLOR] [/SIZE]

[B][I]John. Just John.[/I][/B]

[SIZE=1]"Who the hell are you?"

The young man looked straight into the eyes of the one in front of him. The clone just lay there, bobbing up and down in the liquid-filled tank. It was like looking into a mirror. Everything was the same; hair, eyes, face. Everything.

"I am John. Who are you?"[/SIZE]

Wow, I managed both with 55 words. I'm so happy I could cry. :bawl:

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B]Bridging the Gap [G][/B][/CENTER]

[I]The course was quiet today, but quiet was how he had wanted it.

He swung back, the feel of the club in his hands, the moment of anticipation.

It struck the ball at a blistering speed, the white sphere launched over the horizon.

He'd done this with his father, years ago...[/I]

"Your Turn"

"Thanks Dad"[/SIZE]