OtakuBoards

55 Fiction [PG]

Sara

I won't let this thread die!

[b]blow-up[/b][E]

Darla and I sat at the table. She was a blow-up doll. People gave us odd glances. I smiled, kissing her hand. When the waiter came, we ordered our usual. I talked to Darla while we waited. I ate when dinner came. She didn't eat anything. I ate it for her. She was anorexic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DimGray][b][u]Atypical[/b][/u]
?This,? a scarred finger pointed to a picture on the wall, ?is the target.?

Astonishment was portrayed by everyone present.

The captain was smirking. ?There?s a serial killer in all of us. One screw up and even the most famous person can be driven to insanity. Murderers don?t have to start out as atypical people.?

[B][U]Born Killer[/U][/B]
?We inherit dominant and recessive genes from our parents which determine our traits. Our hair, our eyes, our nose, and more, it?s all genetics.?

If genes are what determines our traits, is that what gives me this obsessive need to kill every living thing around me? My father was a hunter and I am, too.

[B][U]Crimson Eyes [M - V][/U][/B]
The eyes that told the inner most secrets, the underlying emotions, they were his, his to keep forever.

?Your eyes are deliciously deceitful, mistress,? he paused. ?No one would ever believe what I?m seeing now.?

A grin. [spoiler]Sadistic pleasure came as a woman writhed in pain below him. Sockets crimson, face stained: blood dripped slowly.[/spoiler]

[B][U]Red Carousel [M - V][/U][/B]
?[i]What?s your favorite color?[/i]?
?[i]Red! Red, Daddy![/i]?

[spoiler]Deep red blood splattered over the wall.[/spoiler]

?[I]What?s your favorite amusement park ride?[/I]?
?[I]The carousel![/I]?

A chipped tooth, a broken nose . . .

?[I]One last ride, how about it?[/I]?

[spoiler]. . .a lifeless body slumped over a metal horse.[/spoiler] The amusement park was closed but one man remained, forever riding the carousel.

[B][U]Super Heroes Exist[/U][/B]
?The world cannot be changed by only one person. Cooperation is required and is more than impossible to obtain.?

A child?s hand shot up into the air. ?But what about super heroes??

Shaking his head, the teacher responded, ?Super heroes are fiction and only exist on paper.?

?I was talking about the men in blue.?

[B][U]Wasteland[/U][/B]
Hot and arid, not a cloud in the sky. The sun was bearing down, dehydrating all who walked beneath it in the desert wasteland. Sand was everywhere; it was endless.

A man hovered above us. My throat was scratchy; my speech merely unintelligible sounds. Gun drawn, the man aimed and I pleaded forgiveness. He fired.

---
Writing a story that's exactly 55 words is great fun. I probably didn't need to spoiler those certain parts in "Red Carousel" and "Crimson Eyes" but I figured I should, just in case. They weren't all too bad... but for common courtesy, those parts have been spoilered, eheh.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B]Don't Stop Me Now [G][/B][/CENTER]

The rush of the air, the howl of the wind, this was it, this was the single greatest day in his life. The sensation was like being immersed in water, but significantly different, the very air seemed to push against him to keep him afloat. The ground etched ever closer, his chute opened... touch down. [/SIZE]

[color=#404142] The tears have stopped flowing, leaving my eyes gritty and quenched of their moisture. My body now frail, flaccid; not even hunger can carve its way into my nerves.

Inside my mind, he laughs and taunts. Inside my heart, he jeers.

My eyes, mind, and heart can bear no more.[/color]

[size=1][b]Skeletal Remains[/b]

I stared at myself in the mirror, and bared my teeth in disgust. I was fat. No, I was obese! A danger to myself. I was disgusting. I ran through my mind, taunting myself. 'Lard arse, dough-girl'....and worse. Much worse.

---

Jessica's parents cried in their living room. The prognosis was anorexia. Jessica was sick.[/size]

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B]And so at last we say Goodbye [E][/B][/CENTER]

The words echoed across the radio, his head in his hands, tears streamed down his eyes.

"At 9:37 pm this evening, the Holy Father has died"

It had been obvious to everyone that it was his time to pass on, but still the news pierced his heart like an arrow.

Adieu John Paul, God Bless.[/SIZE]

[color=#161414]"What are your thoughts?"

"Thoughts on what?"

We stared at each other. Her green eyes wandered over my face; searching for an answer she desired. I couldn't fell her hand caressing my knee, nor could I help my reaction. I could only flinch.

"On [i]us[/i], Annie. What do you feel?"

"I can't feel."[/color]

[size=1][b]Sad I Am[/b]

He thought about her most of the time. It was the thinking that was the worst. It made him so sad. But don?t be mistaken?he didn?t hate her. He still liked her. He always kept an eye open for her. But when he saw her, he did his best to ignore her. It?s Love Sickness.[/size]

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B]Walk Away[/B][/CENTER]

Sweat ran down his forehead, his eye was swollen and his nose bloodied and broken. He panted harshly, drawing in breath in hard gulps, his opponent was on the ground, groaning and unable to stand. The knife lay on the pavement, kicked away, the fight was over, the feud maybe not. For now he'd just walk away... [/SIZE]

Guest ~Sarza~
A girl skipped along a street, suddenly she stopped, and then rushed back. She arrived home, and her mother greeted her.

?Hello, how did your trip go??

?It was ok, but I almost forgot the bread. But I went back to get it.?

?That was good. Come help me in the kitchen.?

?Yes mommy.?

FIN

Oh yes...55 on the dot this is a good idea!

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B]Seventh Circle of Dell [E][/B][/CENTER]

The tower stood majestically on the desk, complimented by it's monitor, keyboard and mouse. The whirr of ignition sent a tingle down his spine, money well spent, gaming Elysium was his to grasp. A shrill whistle came from the tower, followed by a splutter, and then death. He swore again that he?d never buy from Dell. [/SIZE]

[size=1][color=#C82356][B]Don?t You Wish?[/B]
Don?t you wish you could touch the sky?
Don?t you wish you could kiss the stars?
Don?t you wish you could fly with angels?
Don?t you wish you could dream an endless dream?
I do.
Then let?s dream away, dream away, dream away.

[B]The Greatest Treasure[/B]
?I searched for the greatest treasure in the world. It shines brighter than the sun, glows brighter than the moon, dances smoother than the stars. I keep it in a box, hidden from everyone. Do you know what it is??
My head shook.
?The greatest treasure is my love.?

[B]Until The Day I Die[/B]
?Will you remember me??
Her eyes filled with tears.
?Will you love me??
He held the gun to his head.
?I guess this is good-bye.?
He pulled and she screamed.
[i]Silence[/i]
Tears rushed down.
?Until the day I die, until the day I die.?

[B]Where Are You Now?[/B]
We listened, we shared, we talked, we cried. Was there anything that we didn?t do?
You left me alone in the middle of the night, leaving me in the desolate room.
I wonder where you are now, what you have found, and where your heart is.[/size][/color]

[b]From Lust to Dust[/b][PG]

This time, there is no time. This is the goddamned end. The termination. I've seen suns rain tears. Fire's licked me between the legs. I've heaved and panted with lust. Now all's that's left in this relationship is dust. I cough on it like a smoker's cough. Vultures are eating on us. Let go baby.

[SIZE=1][B][CENTER]Should've gone to Specsavers [PG][/CENTER][/B]

The shrill whistle of the alarm stirred him from a pleasant sleep. He groaned, rubbing his eyes and reached for his glasses, the sounds of the world echoed around him. Rising from the bed, he sat yawning and wondering what to wear, he felt a clink, one of his lenses were broken, should've gone to Specsavers.[/SIZE]

• 1 year later...
[left][color=darkgreen][font=trebuchet MS][center][size=4]Superfriends[/size][/center]
Liz nervously dressed while her boyfriend stood outside the door.

?Are you sure this is okay??

?Of course!" Mitch replied, ?They?re going to love you.?

She slowly opened the door to reveal her golden tiara and lasso. Liz blushed.

Mitch kissed her softly, and smiled.

?Let?s go, babe. The convention fanboys are waiting.?[/font][/color][/left]

[size=1][center][b]Seven In The Bed...[/b][/center]

The queue was rather long. OK, it was damn long. He'd been waiting for fifty minutes, and still there were eight people between him and the counter. And then the guy pushed in front of him. ?What the hell do you think you're doing?? he yelled, savagely kicking the man in the head.

Seven people.
-------
[i]It's been a while, Shy[/i].[/size]

[SIZE=1]Indeed, it has been a long time.

[CENTER]|[B]That First Shave[/B]|[/CENTER]

You watch your father, how it seems so simple from his perspective. Your fingers scratch irritated at the short, coarse hairs that have taken up residence on your adolescent face. Lathering up, you hold the razor gingerly against your skin, before repeating what you saw only moments before. Nothing to be worried about, then... blood[/SIZE]

[size=1][CENTER][B]Bad Karma![/B][/CENTER]

He flopped down on to the filthy settee. Then he got back up and headed for the door of the small flat. Suddenly his roommate burst in.

[B]“Surely you’re not going out without the 3 S’s?”[/B]

[B]“… The 3 S’s…?”[/B]

[B]“Yeah! The S’s! The [spoiler]Shit[/spoiler], Shower and Shave! It’s Bad Karma to go out without them!”[/B][/size]

[SIZE=1][CENTER][B]Return[/B][/CENTER]

You fall in the door, another day down, another day to go. Tie off, shirt off, pants off, you consult the alarm clock next to your one-person bed, 18:15. You sigh, annoyed that your world is composed of only two things, work and sleep and you never get the latter as much as the former.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]How did I miss this when it first popped up in 2004? :([/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT= trebuchet ms][color=#666666]
[SIZE=4][b]Death by Me[/b][/SIZE]

[size=3]All I did was speak my mind. I just wanted to show everyone the truth they had been so blindly ignoring. I know he did it. I just [i]know[/i] it! But they still refuse to admit it. And so here I am, rope around my neck. Thus is how things go in Mafia.
[RIGHT]...and death.[/RIGHT][/size][/color][/FONT]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]Mind if I have a whack at it?[/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=indigo]Dream or Nightmare?[/color][/size][/font][/center]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]As the horse ran from the desert field, Tekkaman fell to the ground. Wondering how he'd survived, he, Tekkaman, looked around one time, noticing a man without a face staring at him. Tekkaman immediately then fled into the sunset, freedom awaiting...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][color=gray]...However, unbeknownst to Tekkaman, he was already dead; he was decapitated, hung with rope.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1][color=DarkOrange][center][color=#e36601][center][color=#E36601]

The Truth

She missed this.

The keys, the ink, the books. The words in her head.

Nothing there anymore. No thoughts. No characters. No stories. Just a white piece of paper. Daring her.

Such a big part of her life. And now? 55 words. She can do it, surely. She starts typing.

She writes her biggest secret.

[/color]
[/center]

[/color]
[/center]
[/color][/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=1]
[/size][/font]

[FONT=Arial]I'm probably writing too many of these, but I don't care. It's pretty fun.

(all of these stories are rated PG-L.)

[CENTER][B]Night Arrivals[/B]

?Bloody hell. Vincent, get down from there.?

?But I can only see the guests arriving from up here!?

Edward touched his forehead, his supernatural headache throbbing.

?Good lord, the band hasn?t even arrived yet.?

Vincent smiled as a black truck rumbled through the castle gates.

?They?re here!? He grinned smugly from the clock tower window.

[B]The Coffins[/B]

?Welcome!?

Vincent pulled open the round window and flew out of it. The fall was six stories. He landed on his feet unscathed.

The driver door opened. ?Hi. Help with the coffins, please.?

Four other figures came out of the truck and went to the back. The driver opened the latch.

Five caskets, neatly stacked.

[B]The Castle[/B]

?Beautiful place you?ve got here.?

?Thank you, Mr. Harlow. We?ve owned it for three hundred years.?

Harlow scanned the exterior of the castle: black stone, stain glass windows, turrets and a clock tower. Vincent hugged two coffins under his arms and disappeared into the palace.

?Three hundred years. I?ll be damned.?

Laughter. ?You are damned.?

[B]Sound Check[/B]

?Mic check, one two, mic check, three four five.?

Wires ran along the corners of the spacious ballroom. The band stood on the short stage. Tuning, practicing, testing. Guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, and cello.

?Let?s do Exsanguis Immortalis once through.?

Vincent grinned expectantly from the center of the room.

Instruments at the ready: count off.

[B]
Exsanguis Immortalis[/B]

The music was velvet, like heaven. Soft, mellifluous. But the muse was only hell. Harlow sang in a deep, mellow voice. His lyrics were darker than the night outside and twice as scary. He sang of a bloodless body. A deathless life achieved through dying. A gift given, swallowed then and countless times after.

Blood.[/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B]Don?t Leave Me [/B]

It was supposed to be the happiest moment of her life.
One of white lace, roses, and promises yet to come.
Instead it was a moment of promises that would go unfulfilled
as the car burst into flames. [I]I?ll join you soon my love[/I],
she thought as she walked into the flames. [I]Wait for me[/I]?[/CENTER]

[FONT=Arial][CENTER][B][I]... I Don't Understand.[/B][/I][/CENTER]

He walked slowly away from her, every successive step tearing into his heart. He knew it was his only decision, but?.

[I]How can I hurt her like this? She loved me, and I threw it in the dirt.[/I]

He knew, [I]knew[/I] his path was so destined, but must it cause others such pain?

[I]Why me? ...[/I][/FONT]