OtakuBoards

55 Fiction [PG]

Sara

[size=1][b]Lost In Translation[/b]

[I]?We come in peace! We mean no harm!?[/I] they cried, with their oafish and scarred hands extended pleadingly.

[I]?We mean no harm! We are victims!?[/I] they cried, their talons slipping in the dirt.

[I]?We mean no harm to your species!?[/I] they cried, as bullets ripped into their mottled blue skin, under fire from the Marine Reconnaissance Unit.

Aliens were here.

[b]Lost In Translation Pt II[/b]

They were horrible creatures, savage beasts out of a hellish nightmare. On first sighting, Jared had almost cleared his bowels inside his camouflaged USMRC coveralls. As Marines advanced, dry grass and twigs crunching under combat boots, M16?s held in front, the creatures turned threateningly towards them, and began to wail and shriek, gesturing aggressively at them.

[b]Lost In Translation Pt III[/b]

With grim determination, the men of the United States Marine Reconnaisance Unit #13 unleashed a dose of withering fire upon the defenceless victims of the crash. Later, as the salvage crew scoured the wreck for any recoverable alien technology, Jared wondered whether or not the Aliens were really an invasion party. ?Probably,? he thought. ?Freaks.?
[/size]

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=darkslategray]My stomach churns and growls. His body lay lifeless in the mud; dirty, smelly mud. It had been over a week since our boat sunk near this desolate island. There was no food, and I couldn't save him. He made me promise before he passed. He begged me to promise.

"I'm sorry. I can't."[/color]

[size=1][b]Hide & Seek[/b]

Heidi ran through the trees, splashing through the trickling stream. Travis would never find her in her secret hiding place. She ran down the little rabbit path next to the riverbank, pushing excitedly through the daffodils which clustered at its edge.

As Travis finished counting, he hollered out ?Ready or not Heidi, here I come!?.

[b]Pinnafore [Hide & Seek Pt II][/b]

Travis slipped between two gnarled pine trees, and came to the riverbank. On the other side of the shallow ford he saw the splashed water drying on the rocks. As he waded through the knee-deep river, he called out ?I [b]will[/b] find you!?.

Travis searched for hours, but didn?t find Heidi, who was asleep in a thicket.
[/size]

[b]Fastidious[/b][PG]

Monotiny beat and hit and crushed down. Unlocked the door. Stepped inside. Another time slaving past, millions to go.

Grabbed Life cereal. Took out a drinking glass, started to pour cereal, stopped.

"That's not going to work," he said. He should've smacked himself upside the head. Stupid. Moronic. Imbecilic. Was the mind gone?

[size=1][b]Ring Master[/b]

The elephants trumpeted in distress, rocking from side to side in their narrow cages. Next carriage down, a mangy lion yawned as he licked discontentedly at his fur, trying to remove dried scabs. Further down the train, monkeys rolled playfully amidst the excrement littering the floor of their cage.

The circus was coming to town.[/size]

[color=darkslategray]The cars whizzed by her, one after the other. The speedometer swayed gently; back and forth between the speed limit and a few miles above. Her foot seeking a comfort, her hands held the steering wheel with tenderness, yet with a stern grip. The car hugged the curves of the highway. Silence consumed her thoughts. [/color]

[size=1][b]Insomnia[/b]

Sweating, Patrick lay on his back, trying desperately to lull himself into sleep. His back itched, his leg ached, and his sheets were damp with perspiration, [b]was he never going to get comfortable?[/b]

He?d been lying here for five hours, and still sleep would not arrive. Yet, as this crossed his mind, his eyelids weighed down?
[/size]

[color=darkslategray]The phone rings. She answers, annoyed at the voice on the other end. Moments pass as I look at her face; she was angry. I ask what's wrong and she smiles.

"Finally, he's getting what he deserves," a relieved sigh breaks her lips.[/color]

When feelings are a blur, you don?t know what to do. Every little action seems like the most devastating event ever. The world is out to get you, and you?re afraid that it will catch up eventually.

Smile, remember, and move on. The world can only catch what moves too slowly for its own good.

[B]007[/B]

Holly sat down in the Food Court. She checked her watch. 10:00 a.m. The sale at Khol's would start any time now. A man walked up to her wearing a long overcoat and carrying a suitcase.

"Heh, heh. Nice disguise number 56."

He dropped the suitcase and stalked away. Confused, Holly hesitated, opened it. Her eyes widened.

[color=darkslategray]I'm about to give you away. Your ignorance is quite the opposite of bliss. Every moment around you sickens me to the point where I'm dizzy. Did you know that? Also, your voice; strained and soft. I can't stand it! I just--want to slap it from your lips! Just leave, now.[/color]

[size=1][b]Whistler[/b]

He?s out there now, stalking the cornfields. Children, beware Whistler. His long black dreadlocks are woven through with the bones of small creatures, and his gnarled hands exist only to rend your body. In the cornfields, black coat flapping, stalks Whistler, and he is only waiting for you to meet him. Will you meet him?[/size]

[b]Jesus Christ, superstar[/b] [M]

Jesus Christ, superstar, does shows round the world. In them, as a choir sings, he climbs upon the cross, nails himself to it, and hangs there. Blood oozes, and oozes. Maybe it's just ketchup, but who cares? Eventually his pupils fall into his head, and he goes unconscious. By the end of it, blood's bathed everyone.

[color=#404142]I want to be yours. I should be yours. Am I going to be yours? Can I be yours? I just want to love you. I just want you to love me. You are my one desire. You are what I live for. You are all that I've wanted.

And I will have you.[/color]

[center]?Only An Hour Away?[/center]

[quote]There was an uneasy, almost uncomfortable, tension. It was a pretty big step. Our relationship was going to change.

?You okay?? I asked.

??yes. Just nervous.?

?I know. Should I put it in??

??I can do it.?

She slid the envelope into the mailbox.

?You?re going to Rowan, babe,? I said. Then Melissa hugged me.[/quote]

[left][color=darkblue][font=trebuchet MS][center][size=4]Up, Up and Away[/size][/center]

?Nothing personal, lady,? Jack threatened his hostage with a pistol, ?I just needed [I]somebody[/I] and you were there.?

?I understand, but I think you made a poor choice.?

?And why?s that??

?Don?t you ever read the [I]Daily Planet[/I]?? The ground began to tremble. Lois smiled.

?Let?s just say I?ve got friends in high places.?[/font][/color][/left]

[color=#404142][b]"Dude, let's take this,"[/b] I said to her.

[b]"Sure, I'm bored,"[/b] my sister rolled over and watched the screen.

I trailed my mouse over a series of questions. Quite random and ridiculous questions, I'll say. I hit "submit".

[i]'You're gay childhood icon is Tinky Winky of Teletubbies!'[/i]

[b]"Ah~~!!!"[/b] we both screamed in horror.[/color]

Megan checks her mail.

There it is, the infamous blue slip. Blue slips mean packages. Seizing it excitedly, she skips back to the window in order to collect her prize: an overly large package from Swedish Badness. She wobbles under its weight for a second before collapsing. The package breaks open, spilling chocolate and buns everywhere.

?Figures.?

[b]Wacky[/b][PG]

The rope started to burn. Mannie held his three-fingered hand on it. "Ready ta burn?" said the rope.

"I didn't know ropes could burn!" shouted Mannie. "I thought it happened to your hands!"

Fire was snaking up the fibers.

Mannie stared down to the hard, damp floor.

Good thing it was a cartoon.

[color=#404142]If anything came between us, we wouldn't have known. But we were both entranced with the dream of running away to a far away place. Free from rules, free from society's icey glare, free from reason. A place where we can grow, love, and live.

Wouldn't that be wonderful, Joe?[/color]

[size=1][b]Marjorie[/b]

Marjorie was a gossip. Not just your average part-time gossip either?she was obsessed with everybody [b]else?s[/b] business. Quite fortunately, she lived on a block where she had views into five other people?s backyards, six if you counted the fact that she could see into Susan?s yard if she was upstairs. Marjorie was a fully-fledged gossiper.

[b]Gasped as She[/b]

Marjorie was in her backyard one fine afternoon, ostensibly to water her petunia?s and trim the hedge before it ran wild, but Janice had been told by Beatrice that Emily was having a little action on the side, and Marjorie just [b]had[/b] to know! Her head ducked and weaved, attempting to peer through the fence palings.

[b]Finally Saw Him[/b]

He was tall and dark?and very handsome. Emily and him were in the kitchen, and appeared to be talking very heatedly. Yet as Emily turned away from him in disgust, he raised a knife, and buried it in her back. As he turned around furtively, glancing out the window, his eyes locked with Marjorie?s. She gasped.
[/size]

?Where are my clothes??

The girl hovering by my dryer looked at me with big eyes and said, ?Oh, I put them over there.? I looked towards the clothes, then my dryer, then her, and then I just snapped. I pushed her in the dryer headfirst and turned it on high. ?Don?t take my clothes out of the dryer!?

[size=1][color=#C82356][B]Hello, Good Morning, How you doin'?[/B]

I waited for him at the cafe. He was late and I was impatient. I checked my watch.

[B]"Hello.[/B]

I smiled. [B]"Good morning."[/B]

Simultaneously we asked, [/B]"How you doin'?"[/B]

[B]Just A Ride[/B]

He grabbed my hand and I was pulled. My heart was beating. He held onto my hand. I looked at him and felt it push up.

[i]Heart racing.[/i]

I closed my eyes and felt it go faster.

[i]Tension.[/i]

It stopped...

I opened my eyes and we fell through the sky, bungeeing down.

[B]The thrill[/B]

A cold and tingling sensation. Something just chilled my spine. I looked at him. He looked at me. We smiled and held each other in a warm embrace. I closed my eyes and jumped, oh what joy is the thrill in skinny dipping.

[B]Parting is such sweet sorrow[/B]

We walked. I held his hand. We stopped under a maple tree. He looked into my eyes. I smiled at him. He smiled back. He moved in closer. I closed my eyes. We kissed as lovers would kiss. Time had stopped for us.

[i]"Good night, good night, parting is such sweet sorrow."[/i][/size][/color]

[font=Verdana][size=1]A quick reminder to all that this is 55 [b]Fiction[/b]. The rules of the thread clearly state;[color=black] [i]2.) You are not writing poetry, idle thoughts, or anything else that does not fit the above requirements.[/i] I've deleted the posts that are poetry. If anyone wants to argue this or ask me about it, PM me.[/color]
[/size][/font]

[size=1][b]55 Sky[/b]

As he buckled himself into the plane, he felt his stomach straining to be elsewhere. As he checked and re-checked the gauges, he felt his legs turn to jelly. And as the groundsmen spun the propeller, and the old Tiger-Moth roared back to life, he felt ready for anything.
The War was just begun.
[/size]