OtakuBoards

Where do you live?

Morpheus

Where do you live?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you live?

I've been wondering where everyone that comes here lives. I know a few, such as that James lives in Australia, and Queen Asuka's in Georgia, but I'd like to know more. I live in the middle of Kentucky, USA, About 30 miles from Fort Knox. It's kinda funny. If anyone not used to being near a base came here they would think we are being bombed.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Georgia. One of the most boring places I have ever lived. I would much rather be back in Wisconsin, lol. And I live in the middle of nowhere. Nearest store (like a Target or something) is 45 minutes away. >_> People also hang out in the parking lot of a grocery store. -_-

[size=1]The good ole US of A.
I'm sitting here freezing my *** off in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and loving it by the way.
Wind chill is around -15, maybe lower now. *shrug*

I love it here. I'd like to stay here, or the general area, for most of my life. I love the people, my family, and the city itself.

Only somewhere in Canada, maybe Ontario, would be my other choice.[/size]

I live in the USA, in Indianapolis, Indiana. It's freezing here, at least it feels like it. It's been snowing really hard the past few hours. The high tomorrow is supposed to be like... 10 I think and the low at like -7. *grabs heater*

[COLOR=Navy]Like several others, I live in Australia. I wish I didn't, the weather can be so hot sometimes. And summer Christmas' aren't exactly enjoyable when they're sweltering hot. You people shouldn't complain to have snow, I wish we had snow over here. *sighs*[/COLOR]

[SIZE=-3]I live in the middle of nowhere. A little desert wasteland called [I]Las Vegas[/I], [I]Nevada[/I]. Surprisingly, it's freezing here come winter. We even had snow awhile back. It was pretty amazing, truly a sight to behold. Snow in Vegas, now I've seen everything. :D[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sol-Blade][SIZE=-3]I live in the middle of nowhere. A little desert wasteland called [I]Las Vegas[/I], [I]Nevada[/I']. Surprisingly, it's freezing here come winter. We even had snow awhile back. It was pretty amazing, truly a sight to behold. Snow in Vegas, now I've seen everything. :D[/SIZE][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]: O I think I'm almost envious. I've always wanted to go there, however maybe when I'm older and more able to enjoy the entire concept of it of being an 'adults playground' :3

I'm in New Zealand, Auckland.

Biggest city in the country and after a few road trips I've been on around the rest of the North Island, it really is much more interesting than most of the rest of the country.

Shockingly enough, even though it's in the middle of summer we've been getting thunderstorms, hail and summery sun all in one day. I really can't stand NZ weather sometimes, it's so unpredictable making it almost impossible to plan for weather-dependent outtings ie. beach days -__-"

Funny thing is that if my brother (when he was 5yrs old) hadn't decided he liked the picture of sheep better, I would've grown up in Canada, Toronto

EDIT: I can't vote on the poll, NZ isn't a part of Australia just because it's next to it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=green]I voted US for the poll, although I move every two years because of my dad's job. We've traveled around quite a bit, including a two year stint in Perth, Australia.

I'm currently living in New England, and I think I'll be going to college in California.[/color]

[color=darkorchid]Britain! Britain! Britain!

It's not snowing. It probably won't snow 'till January sometime, at the moment it's just grey and overcast and quite windy. Not that cold out - cold enough for coats though, brrr.

I like Britain, but because I've been travelling like everywhere, you tend to look at a country's bad points when you return from somewhere really cool, e.g. Samoa, Australia, Tonga, Malaysia, South Africa, Raratonga, Honduras, Denmark, Fiji... my parents like strange places.

EDIT: Hahaha, I forgot to give details ^_^; I live in a town in the south east that's like.. a 25 minute train ride from London, called Hersham, which is part of a bigger town called Walton-on-Thames.[/color]

Well, I live in Quebec, Canada, in a little place called Foster. Rather small, really, with a population of about 750. It's wierd, but the mayor is the fireman and owns a store too... kinda awesome.

Foster is part of the Eastern Townships, voted one of the most beautiful places to visit on several international polls (discovery, travle agencies, independent etc.) and, frankly, I concur. We live about an hour away from Montreal, but there's so much damn traffic we avoid it alot. The best part of being in Quebec is this... the legal drinking age, she is only a suggestion. And, by god, we make the best damn beer ever. Vive la Quebec!

It's really cold here, but I can't tell how cold it is in the US cause you use ferienhite, and ferienhite is creepy, so I can't tell if -7 there is like -20 here, seems rathr confusing to me :( We hit -35 last night, which is pretty damn warm compared to last year. How I miss last year...

Oh, and I tihnk that "rest of North America" is pretty much just Mexico, since all the rest falls under Central America and South America

I live in a small city in Ohio called Strongsville, near Cleveland. Its not all that interesting here, but then again, once you've lived in one place for awhile sometimes it does tend to get boring, especially when I don't have my drivers license. Bah, should have gotten it two years ago.

We've been getting alot of snow over here in the past few days. I'm pretty sure we're going to have a white Christmas too. ^_^

I live in the USA like oh so many other people who have posted. Now for details. I live on the East Coast in the mid Atlantic region and Virginia rox my sox off! I'm in the D.C. metropolitan area and yes... very happy. I've lived in the same area for all my life except the three years in Saudi Arabia. uh... since people have mentioned snow it snowed recently... and they are calling for flurries tonight and Christmas eve.

Wow--two other people from the D.C. area! That's kind of exciting, as I live in Bethesda (probably about fifteen minutes away from the city proper). ^_^

@junkobakaiba: Feh, I wish. The "snow" they promised a few days ago ended up being utterly pathetic. It would certainly be nice to have a white Christmas, but I don't want to get my hopes up...

~Dagger~

I live in the USA also. To be more prcise i'm in Filer, Idaho :grumble: . This is one of the most boring places I could think of too live in. We haven't got any snow for about three weeks or so, and it probably aint gonna snow any time soon either.

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=black][font=Verdana]OK going more in depth I live in [/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]Fairfax[/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana] [/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]County[/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]? yet my address is [/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]Alexandria[/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]. Strange neh? It used to confuse me a lot when I was little? but I think [/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]Fairfax[/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana] is in [/font][/color][color=black][font=Verdana]Alexandria[/font][/color][/font][color=black][font=Verdana][font=Comic Sans MS].[/font] [/font][/color]

[color=black][font=Verdana][/font][/color]

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]
Feh, I wish. The "snow" they promised a few days ago ended up being utterly pathetic. It would certainly be nice to have a white Christmas, but I don't want to get my hopes up...
[/QUOTE][color=black][font=Verdana][font=Comic Sans MS]It looked pretty that night! ...just ugly the day after words... and didn't we have really slushy wet snow like one or two Christmases ago? Yes I think I kinnda remember that we went to our cousins? and my Aunt thought I was my mom? but I don't really have my hopes up that much for any real snow this year. [/font][/font][/color]

[size=1]I live in San Francisco (about a five minute walk from the Golden Gate Bridge - the nicer view), but I'm in Houston, Texas visiting my mom on holiday. I've been all over, though. My favourite place has been Denmark, and I hope to live there or in England after college and the lot. San Francisco's fantastic, though. Love the atmosphere, and the people. Diversity always helps, too.[/size]

Wow so many cool places. Well i live in the US, in the most boring state ever.....Utah(shivers). It's realy boring here. Nothin but sagebrush, dirt, and mountains. I live in Tooele which is like 30 miles west of salt lake city. Souther utah is prety, but i live in northern utah and it realy bites. we have salt lake city to the east but the closest big city to the west is Elko,nevada(like 300 miles) to the north we have the salt lake wich is more like a puddle that smells like rotten eggs(its kinda nasty)and to the south we have even more desert. We have lots of mountains but they just get kinda boring when you stare out your back window every day and the're right there, they drive the tourists crazy though. Another problem is that utah was originaly settled by a religious group called the mormons, i'm sure you've heard of um, and no disrespect intended but try being bisexual in a state full of extreme protestants. Yeah, does any one else out there live here or am i all alone?

[quote name='zeta']I live in Georgia. One of the most boring places I have ever lived. I would much rather be back in Wisconsin, lol. And I live in the middle of nowhere. Nearest store (like a Target or something) is 45 minutes away. >_> People also hang out in the parking lot of a grocery store. [/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]What part of Georgia do you live in? The way way down south part of Georgia? I am originally from Macon, but I live in Athens right now attending UGA. I really like it there, although I'm kind of lonely. It sucks to be in college and to not have a way around except for the city buses. But yeah, whooptido. I REALLY love Georgia; it's so beautiful here and there are trees and green grass! Sure, it gets HUMID as all get out in the summer, but what can I say? I LOVE it. ^_^[/color][/size]

[quote name='The Nameless']I'm here in the United States. I also live in Georgia in a town called Powder Springs. I've lived here my whole life. I really wanna get the hell out of here though...way too boring. Oh well, I'm proud to say that I'm a Georgia boy! [/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Yeah, I guess Georgia can be boring, but then I think of what is considered "entertaining" and then I shiver. I would really hate to live anywhere else...[/color][/size]

[quote name='Miryoku']Another problem is that utah was originaly settled by a religious group called the mormons, i'm sure you've heard of um, and no disrespect intended but try being bisexual in a state full of extreme protestants. [/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Ah, those Utah Mormons. I am a Mormon (hahahahaha), but things seem WAY more chilled out anywhere outside of Utah and Idaho. I don't think I could ever be LDS and live out west.[/color][/size]

I live in Ball Ground. North of Alpharetta I think. I just moved here last April, so I don't know too much about cities and what not, lol. First I lived in...Cumming. :wigout: Then I moved to Ball Ground a few months later, but still attend the same school even though I am way out of district, heh.

[COLOR=#004a6f]I used to live in Saudi Arabia, in Rhyad to be specific. I moved to Canada shortly before my seventh birthday, so I at least got one year of Arabic education. School is so much more "boring" there, even for elemtary school kids. Unlike the West there's no toys and activities to play with during free time. There's no climbers to play on during recess, so we just run around and use our imagination, lol. Boys and girls also go to different schools. The girls' school uniform is ugly! Pretty much it's an ugly log grey dress, with a white collar that you tie on like a bib. But you get a tailor to make your uniform and as long as it follows this layout, you can go with different designs. People get pretty creative with the collars. Meh. The boys uniform is the traditional mens' clothing in Saudi, which is a long white robe like that shown below, though I'm not sure if the head dress is required.

[IMG]http://www.topics-mag.com/internatl/images-dress/SAUDDRM2.JPG[/IMG]

Anyway, enough of rambling. I live in Ontario, Canada right now. I live near the Canada/U.S border, so I'm surprised how cold it gets up here. I wonder how cold it gets in the northern part of the U.S?[/COLOR]

I live down in Southern California, in a small town called La Puente. I actually like it here quite a bit, it's nice and quiet, and though the town isn't really in the best of condition, there's not nearly as much crime here as in other places I know of. You also have the standard Southern California weather, which for me equals horrible during Spring and Summer (I hate hot weather), and fantastic during Fall and Winter.

This isn't the place to be if you like to go out and do things, though, because there is quite literally nothing to do here. Doesn't bother me, though, since I don't really go out much.