OtakuBoards

Most Annoying Video Game Character

liam mc

Out of all the video game characters in the world, one of them has to annoy you.
But my most annoying would have to be [B]Tingle[/B] from [B]The Wind Waker[/B].
He just annoys me with his silly little dances and long conversations.
Oh! If only Link had a gun:bellylol:

So anyway, what VG characters annoy you and why? :D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]Ivy[/b] from Soul Calibur 2. If you go up against Ivy at level 54, she will use every cheap trick in the book to win. Seriously, theres no getting past her, because she can attack no matter how far away or close up you are, and she is increadibly fast, using combos and moving around and GOD just thinking about her gives my a headache!

[SIZE=-3]I'm going to have to go with the Guildmaster from Fable. For one, all his conversations seem irrelevant to the actual storyline, I mean who wrote his script? Must have not played the same game...and besides that, his 'advice' (You know, when his voice plays over the action, like "Use a potion!" "Try to get your combat multipler even higher!" "You're almost dead, better heal!" and so on...), plays so loudly and so often that's it's annoying and makes me want to kill him on sight. :D[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sol-Blade][SIZE=-3']I'm going to have to go with the Guildmaster from Fable. For one, all his conversations seem irrelevant to the actual storyline, I mean who wrote his script? Must have not played the same game...and besides that, his 'advice' (You know, when his voice plays over the action, like "Use a potion!" "Try to get your combat multipler even higher!" "You're almost dead, better heal!" and so on...), plays so loudly and so often that's it's annoying and makes me want to kill him on sight. :D[/SIZE][/quote]

I totally agree. Even if your just standing there, he'll find something to complain about like your combat multiplier, or he'll pester you about your next objective in the middle of a sidequest! Most annoying, though, is when your about to die, he asks about your potions and food, and then you die, are reborn, and like 10 seconds later he tells you your health is critical.

[color=darkred]Hands down, without a shadow of a doubt, the most annoying video game character ever is Blathers from Animal Crossing.

He talks so much about himself and that crappy two-bit museum whenever you chat to him. Even if it's a small thing, he'll take forever to get off your case. If you do approach him for the reason of contributing something to the museum, then you're in for a long, one-sided conversation. Along with his boring dialogue, comes his stupid catch phrase which just bites the bullet... "But I digress".

What really gets me though, is that if you've already contributed quite a lot of bugs and fossils and whatnot to the museum, then a lot of what Blathers will say has most likely been said by him before, like his facts about mosquitoes; I found that interesting at first, but having to put up with it over and over was just horrible. Perhaps if he said something different each time then it wouldn't be half as bad, and half as boring.

..."But I digress".[/color]

Ha, yeah, Blathers is a good choice. Good lord, the stupid bird just keeps yakking on and on and on and on. I just stopped contributing stuff to the museum after the millionth time he decided to lecture me about stuff he'd lectured me about before.

I think that Tingle is more bizarre than annoying...he never really annoyed me, just kind of freaked me out. Navi, as helpful as she is, is about a million times more annoying than Tingle. [i]Especially[/i] in the first couple of dungeons where she bothers you about crap that you could've easily looked up in the instruction booklet in a few seconds. And, of course, the constant "Hey! Look! Listen!" Bah. Navi sucks.

Shin and Bombu: you know, his name is Blathers for a reason. ~_^

I actually never found Tingle annoying. I actually found him pretty cool, in a disturbing Pee-wee Herman kind-of way. He's weird-looking, he's loud, he's just damn odd. But I don't consider that annoying. I find him more endearing than anything else.

Navi, on the other hand...I wish Link had a fly swatter.

[size=1][color=royalblue]Frankly, Navi didn't bother me that much for some reason, except for, yeah, the first 2-3 dungeons. =P But I think the loud, jingling of the fairy off MM was irritating. At least Navi spoke very vague English. I swear I think that other damn fairy swallowed a doorbell. ~_~;

AND I HATE TINGLE. He's so ugly and just---YUCK. He's a damn oversized pickle with a beauty mark...a sack of lard crammed into a green body suit and a thong just isn't what should be in a [strike]Zelda game[/strike] any game at all.

The most annoying character(s) for me would be most of the main characters in Animal Crossing including yes, Blathers. In my opinion, there's too much dialogue in that game. Any superfluous video game character is on my hit list.[/color][/size]

If you think Blathers is annoying, turn off your game without saving and play it again. You will face the most annoying charachter ever... Mr. Ressetti.

Navi is only annoying when your trying to do a sidequest and every fifteen minutes shes like "hey! Shouldn't we be going to the forest dungeon and saving Saria?"

All of the charachters in Future Tactics: the Uprising are annoying. They have these weird, sissy voices and crap for personality. The little girl complains sonstantly, Low is annoying, the huge guy has a sissy voice, And the robot is just dumb.

personally, i find that tails, from sonic the hedgehog 2 (mega drive) is the most annoying character. whenever he gets stuck behind an object or something, he jumps continually. making that annoying "breeeeeeaow" noise, putting me off, and making me jump into a pool of "mega mack".

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]You wanna know who bugs me? Kleiver from Jak3. Man, he is such a loser! And in Kleiver-diaper mode, he's even (If possible) MORE annoying. I like Navi, but that's probably cuz i've got an obsession with staring at glow-y sparkly objects ^-^

But seriously, *Sigh* :animeangr Wakka from FFX... He needs to curl up and die somewhere. His accent bugs me. His outfit bugs me. His personallity bugs me. Loser.

(Next I just can't leave out, even tho it isn't from a game.)
Next is the evil reincarnated-twin-people from Inuyasha: Kagome and Kikyo. I counted the times Kagome screamed 'INUYASHA!' in one episode. 37. Need I say more? No, I don't think so. Kikyo's just annoying. It's like she's one of those people from a soap opera that dies like, 50 times.

[QUOTE=Konami]That Dog in Duck Hunt!

No explaination needed in this case is there? :animeswea[/QUOTE]

I hear you! Gawd, my little brother and I were playing that game and... Well, needless to say, I'm still a bit... Y'know... :animestun from the whole thing.

Why they put these people in these games, I'll never understand. Nor will I ever be the same.

Forever crazy,
-Sakura[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='kaisha']Besides we're talking about video game characters, not anime.[/quote]
[color=#4B0082]Yes, let's try to keep this on the topic of video game characters, please. You'll probably be able to find a similar topic regarding anime characters in the Anime Lounge, if you'd like to post about them.

But let's see here. ... The video game character I find most annoying? I'm actually having to think about this one, heh. Surprisingly, none jump immediately to mind.

Maybe Tidus, from Final Fantasy X. His whiny attitude, coupled with the horrible voice acting, really got to be annoying at times. Not to mention he's completely clueless half the time. That group would've been doomed if Auron hadn't shown up and played babysitter.[/color]

[QUOTE=liam mc]But my most annoying would have to be [B]Tingle[/B] from [B]The Wind Waker[/B].
He just annoys me with his silly little dances and long conversations.
Oh! If only Link had a gun:bellylol:[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Funny, i was planning on saying Tingle before i even opened the thread... it wasn't even just Wind Waker, all the Zelda games he was in, he sucked! :laugh: [/COLOR]

[quote name='ThatOneOddDude']If you think Blathers is annoying, turn off your game without saving and play it again. You will face the most annoying charachter ever... Mr. Ressetti.[/quote]

He's an awesome character! I've purposely reset just to see what weird things he'd come up with to say. You won't meet him that often if you play fairly and it makes sense for him to be annoying anyway. He's supposed to be repremanding you lol.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Slippy from Starfox yet. Particularly 64, although I'm sure he's incredibly annoying in Assault. The worst voice in existance and a terrible pilot. I wish I could just shoot him down, but then I don't get perfect grades in the levels.

[color=#B0251E]Mr. Ressetti is one of the coolest characters I've ever come across, lol. I [i]love[/i] to see him open a can of whoop-***. It never ceases to be funny.

I agree about Slippy. I was so tempted to deliberately shoot down his arwing in Star Fox 64. Ugh.

In regard to Tingle, I'm mixed. On the one hand I find him annoying, but I also think he's pretty intruiging and funny. I like the fact that he's sexually ambiguous and goofy. Somehow it has that odd Japanese charm that is [i]uniquely[/i] Japanese, lol.[/color]

[font=trebuchet ms]Hmm, there are a lot of good annoyances here. But I'd have to say that Tien, from the DBZ Buddokai series gets to me sometimes. Everytime he gets sent flying, he screams: "You Creep!!" and that really irks my nerves when he does it in continuation.[/font]

[quote name='kabapu']personally, i find that tails, from sonic the hedgehog 2 (mega drive) is the most annoying character. whenever he gets stuck behind an object or something, he jumps continually. making that annoying "breeeeeeaow" noise, putting me off, and making me jump into a pool of "mega mack".[/quote]
[font=trebuchet ms]Ugh, in that game, I hate Tails with a [b]passion[/b]!!! I mostly hate it when you start the game without disabling the cpu, and he's following you around [i][b]trying[/i][/b] to keep up. Sometimes it's funny seeing him die, but it gets irritating when you need rings to fight Robotnik, and he gets them, then loses them, then you die. [b]So[/b] not cool...[/font]

[quote name='M.Ali][font=trebuchet ms']Hmm, there are a lot of good annoyances here. But I'd have to say that Tien, from the DBZ Buddokai series gets to me sometimes. [/font][/quote]

[RIGHT][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][FONT=Garamond]What about Yamcha, with his Wolf Bang Fist (what's all that about?)!

Does anybody remember Streets of Rage 2 (I think), where one of the characters was a kid with skates? Now that guy annoyed the bejaysus out of me![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/RIGHT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Another annoying one was Navi from Ocarina of Time. That supid thing kept yelling "HEY!" just to tell you it was night time or something totally random and trivial that you could allready tell. I wish you could stuff her in a jar and throw it in lake Hyrule or something. :animesmil [/COLOR]

One character I became very fed up with is Leo Stenbuck from [i]Zone of the Enders[/i]. Great game, but poor main character. Leo's the kind of guy who's unwilling to kill even his worst enemies (he actually wants to [i]save[/i] rival mech pilot Viola at one point in the game). He'll go through this huge battle, but when the enemy mech is defeated, he starts throwing a tantrum about how he's not willing to finish the job. I really hate that kind of thing. It was [i]so[/i] much fun to kick the crap out of him in ZOE2.

one word. STEINER.

that fat knight in the rusty armor. what an asshole.not only does he make a really annoying "clink clank crunch" noise when walking, but he has without a doubt the WORST character dialogue i have ever read.

for shame squaresoft!!!!

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]I dont know why FFX features such a annoying character. She is so giddy that it makes me want to puke. if only Tidus could do whatever i wanted him to do. I'd leave Rikku on the island of Home and take her airship. Also I'd drop some grenades just to light the sparks of flames burning everywhere. Rikku reminds me of this one character from Inuyasha, Kagome. well thats basically who I think is the worst and annoying game character in all of the games I've played.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]Am I the only one here who doesn't find Navi from OOT to be overly annoying? Really, the "Hey! Look! Listen!" isn't all that bad of a voice clip (the Cucco sound byte while you're carrying one is way, way worse in my opinion), and unless you're extremely slow with things, you don't get all that many of her little reminders. Personally, I think her useful information about enemies more than makes up for any annoyance she might cause.

Which is more than can be said about Tatl, the fairy you get in Majora's Mask. I swear, most of what she has to say is either insults about Link's knowledge or overly obvious information that you don't need to be told. She's the one I want to stick in a bottle and toss into the Southern Swamp; I'll take Navi over Tatl any day.

Also, I found Rikku to be cute rather than annoying. Especially during the sequences when you first cross the Thunder Plains. That has to be one of my favorite parts of the game, watching Rikku and Auron interact. :animesmil[/color]