OtakuBoards

Imaginary Friends and You

Dragon Warrior

Let's face it, boys and girls. When you were little kids (or you may still be), you had imaginary friends.

[b]Timmy:[/b] What's an imaginary friend?

Ha ha ha! Don't play frickin' stupid, Timmy. We all know you have one because you have no actual friends.

[b]Timmy:[/b] ;_;

But that may not be the case. You don't have to have a lack of friends to possess an imaginary one. Sometimes it's just nice to have someone there when they're not really. It gives an excuse to talk to yourself, I s'pose. And that would be why people stare at you!

So this thread is for you to explain your imaginary friend that you have/had and what adventures you may have had :P Yes, Otaku[b]Boards[/b], the most retarded thread around HAS ARRIVED!

I recall when I was little, my IF was named Roy. I don't really reall too many crazy things I did with him, but I did tell my wonderous storiy ideas to him and got feedback (when in reality, it was me just saying the ideas or planning them aloud and if it sounded good, I'd agree on it using Roy :P).

Yeah, we were all stupid kids once. Who is your friend that your psychotic mind created? And hey, don't be boring >:^O I know you!

[color=gray][size=1]Really, my teddy bears and plushies are allive and my best buddies >>" Each one has it's own name with an own individual soul. I even have an imaginary world for them when I'm not around ;_;

[b]In short:[/b]
[i]The world is green with lots of forests and things. There's a north pole thingy for the icebears, a bamboo forest for pandas, a huge tree with stone house thingies in it for those who don't know in which category they belong (*) and many more. The world is controled by two kings in a huge apple. One king for monday-friday: the friendly Waf the green dog with an icecream sign on it's belly, and one king for weekends: Kloris, the purple/pink bear who once was a panda until he dropped in the paint. Speed the way-to-fast panda has an own cookie factory and he often chases Chip, a little panda that doesn't even exist, who rides in an imaginary 'walk-car'.

But only the kings can guide the way to the fabulous carrot land. The land where the bunnies and rabbits lived. The land was full of green-ness, orangeness and carrots under a blue sky with fluffy clouds. There was the elder bunny who lived in a little house in the forest; the blue bunny who could fly by er.. let's keep it at: he could fly; and there was little bunny who's legs and arms were so small that they couldn't move (**).

There were also other countries around Carrotland and Kobeeland (***). One of the countries (****) was hostile so Kobeeland had its own weaponry of rollerskate tanks and those sort of things.

The most important country was called Stinkene land (*****), which was a place where it stank a lot. When the years passed this land was forgotten in time though. It probably was stuck somewhere in the evolution progress.

Except for this world they had also featured in theatre plays like "The Man with the Smelly Sock", which would be a parody on "The Man with the Iron Mask" and they played in a "Lion King" story which I once had on tape. [/i]

[b]Explanation List[/b]
*= Like Gizmo
**= I felt sorry for him ;_;
***= How the bear country is called
****= and the most important one
*****= My sister is called Irene and we (me and my brother) liked to call her Stinkene

Weird? Insane? Crazy, perhaps? I think not! This is just a way to express my soul and to have characters who I can involve in my uber cool humour[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well I don't ever recall having an imaginary friend, although that's just talking to yourself taken one step further. I did however talk to myself quite a bit, and still do, something which I refuse to admit is a sign of mental instability, I'm as sane as any man who puts a sock on his hand and pretends it's a talking snake. I suppose one of the major reasons what I never developed an imaginary friend (apart from not being mad, just kidding) is the fact the I always had my brother to play with growing up, which is why I never needed to create an imaginary friend.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=#F84C20][SIZE=1][quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']I'm as sane as any man who puts a sock on his hand and pretends it's a talking snake.[/SIZE][/quote]

You have the best lines for quoting...and that is so going in my sig.

I didn't have just one imaginary friend...I had about four! But I didn't give them names or anything, that would have been silly (^_~). I'm an only child and when I was younger (talking about 6-9 here) I was alone most of the time because my dad would be at work and mum would be doing things around the house. I didn't mind, of course, and I used to keep myself occupied by making up fatasy worlds and people. I don't think it's bad thing to have an "imaginary friend" when you're little, because it helps build creativity.

Though, if you still have one when you're above the age of thirteen you're either very lonely or...well, you know. Eh heh.

Talking to myself, however, is something I did and still do very often. I don't see a problem with it, so I do it. It's not like I mumble in public or something...but I may have a conversation in my head. Yeah...I'm not crazy, I swear.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Well I used to have an imaginary friend called Cellos as I remember he always carried a staff with him and he had long hair but after I turned 10 I stopped seeing him anywhere. Now instead of imaginary friends I create stories, is the same in the long run, the characters are make believe.

[SIZE=1]lol, that was definitely a good line Gavin :p

As for me, my imaginery friend(s) was always a normal guy. No matter how interesting I tried to make them, they always had names like Bob, or Fred or something. They were never good looking, so when they hung out with me I would look good compared to the imaginary ugly guys.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Does having a teddy bear count? I carried him around where ever I went ... man, we're such buds. Once I lost him, but then later that night someone else found him and turned it back into the store where I left him behind. I was very happy to be reuninted with him. Heh. He stills sits on the side of my bed.

Yeah, he's too cool for you.[/SIZE]

I guess it does count, since your imagination made him come alive. I have a stuffed animal pitbull that's red named Daniel. I even gave him a real dog collar and everything. Now [i]we[/i] were good buddies. He went all over the place with me and slept with me at night and watched movies with me and everything. Even when I had a cat he was snuggled close to me. I still have him and he too sits on the side of my bed's headboard.

I never had an imaginary friend but all my stuffed animals had names and personalities. At night I would feel bad for them since they all couldn't fit on my bed with me. I was afraid someone would feel left out and sad. My favorite was a stuffed horse I ended getting when I was in the hospital. His name is Charlie (yes, he is a Charlie Horse. lol) and I still have him. At times I feel bad when I see him sitting on my bookshelf. Almost a bit guilty for not paying attention to him. I guess it is this empathy that makes me so sensitive when it comes to animals.

Charlie is probably older than many of you on this message board, I got him August of 1979! :animeblus

[size=2][font=arial narrow]I had an imaginary friend called Lisa, and I was utterly convinced she was real. I used to cry and get really upset because Mum wouldn't let me go and see Lisa -- who lived at the top of the hill. When I look back, it was actually kind of odd, haha. :rolleyes:[/font][/size]

[FONT=Garamond][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1]I had an imaginary friend... in fact i had two! one was named Greeney and the other one was named Blush. They were brother and sister and they played with me, i was a very odd child. I didn't like barbies.. but instead i would sit on my bedroom floor and take all this different colored marbles and make unique and different designs on my bedroom floor. And of course greeney and blush would help me design the marbles and organize them. this may this very odd to a normal person.. but this was my childhood. And some of the happiest days of my life.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Like others that commented on this thread, I've never had an imaginary friend. But I did have stuffed animals that I believed would talk everytime I left the room.

My favorites were a small stuffed killer whale named Liberty that had a missing eye (It fell out in a sandbox) and I convinced myself he was a pirate whale and thats why he lost it. I even made him a little black eyepatch. Don't ask. I also had this white teddy bear dressed in a clown-type of outfit named Bootsie and it was my favorite until I discovered one thing. I hate clowns. The more I thought about it, the more the bear bugged me. I guess after I saw attack of the clowns, he kind of scared me a bit so I put him away.

And then I got a stuffed bear, Baloo from the Jungle Book. I thought he was cute and he's been with me ever since. Where Bootsie the clown bear went, I'll never know....I'm sure he's lurking out there somewhere...
[/SIZE]

I had a imaginary friend AND my dolls...well...action figures. Heh, no dolls after the movies dad made me watch.

I had a friend named Suzie though and I thought she lived behind the bathroom wall. I also thought there was someone living under the sink and I used to give them toothpaste so that they could brush their teeth. I was a weird kid. But I'd talk to them and used to ask mama if Suzie could come to the park with us and stuff. She'd humor me and say "Only if Suzie's mom doesn't mind".

One doll did make it through dad's horror film treatment though, my Sara doll. She's a bunny and I still have her. She worked a lot better than my imaginary friends and I could cuddle with her. So I didn't have those friends too long I think, just long enough to deal with working parents.

(goes to find Sara doll)

[COLOR=#004a6f]When I was young I used to actually see my "imaginary friends" , I wasn't actually making it up , they were more like hallucinations, I actually believed they were there. I hallucinated alot when I was young. Either that, or my brain mixed up my dreams up with reality. For instance, I met my younger brother before he was born. Weird, the timeline in my memory is so mixed up.

Anyway, my imaginary friends were skeletons. A little creepy, yes, but they were friendly skeletons. They didn't talk though.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Back when I was in 7th grade (Four years ago xD) I would go to the movies with my friend Jen almost every friday. One time that we went her older sister Amber came along and she introduced me to her good friend Bob. Well I never acutually got to[I] see[/I] him because the sad part was; Bob was imaginary. From what Amber told me Bob was one buffed out dude who wore a big red sweater and loved nachos. We would often bring up inside jokes that involved Bob, and had a great time confusing people. Of course this was only a little joke that I know atleast I have held onto. I no longer talk to Jen or Amber, but next time I do I'll be sure to bring up the legacy of Bob. Other than that I can't honestly say I've had an imaginary friend. Would anyone like to sell me one? >.>[/FONT][/COLOR]

I kinda had imaginary friends I guess. I was always teased in gradeschool, no one my own age in the neighborhood, father worked and mom kept the house going. No brothers or sisters so it was really just me all the time. I never came up with my own imaginary friends. They were always characters from TV shows, be it a cartoon or live action or anything. Star Trek was the biggest one, though. I guess you could say I was coming up with self-insertion fan fics, but I wasn't writing them, I was living them in my head (and in real life), kinda like the other guys said, as hallucinations to a certain extend. I took it all very seriously too. If things were going well in that world, I would be feelin good. If something went bad (which it did too often) it would effect me too. Time moved just the same too, so if I said it would take a week to get someplace, I would wait a week before I would imagine we were there. This all probably hurt my grades, as I was distracted a lot in class. Lasted till highschool too. I seriously think I'm looney.

Well, when I was growing up in Pennsylvania, I lived in a neighborhood full of elderly people with no kids in their home. There were two people who weren't exactly kids, but they weren't really adults either, they were like 18 or 19. I was also the kid who lived far away from the school, so getting friends over was only really possible for birthday parties. So I had A LOT of invisible friends.

I'd have at least 5 'friends' around me all the time. The prominent ones were Gunman... basically a ghost in a cowboy outfit; Gunman's dog, Thunderbolt, who was later reincarnated into a dark blue bed sheet of mine; and a girl my age named Jenny, who was my twin sister I always wanted (I'm an only child).

There was also this old man and his dog who lived above the local Acme that my parents say I always talked about. I have no idea about that one.

Ok, and when I'd come home, I had over a hundred stuffed animals which all had names and personalities. There was a yellow bunny named Tara (or something) who wanted to get out of jail but always failed. There was this little hot dog thing that was always scared people's feet stomping on him, so I had to walk very carefully and quietly around him. There was a family of over 20 teddy bears, a few other bunnies that always tried to spring Tara out of jail, and a few cats that acted as policemen... Just plain weird.

My Transformer collection also had personalities, as well as some toy cars.

In short, I lived a lonely childhood...

And I still wonder why I shout while playing videogames and while nobody is listening... YEAH! IN YOUR FACE! ...Oh, sorry...

When I was born my mom gave me a stuffed bunny. When I was old enogh to talk I named him funny bunny. And he became my best friend, he went everywhere with me. The only place he didn't go was to school. I used to talk to him day and night, he was my best friend in the whole world. I told him everything, even though it made me look crazy. After I turned like 10 I acted like he didn't talk to me anymore. I was imbassed that I still had a stuffed bunny I couldn't sleep without. This may sound funny but I'm turning 16 years old and I still have my funny bunny. He's been though so much, he was even cut up by my brother, thrown out by my brother, and I thought I lost him a few times. But I still have him and he still hangs out on my bed with all the other stuffies. :D

Hmm..an imaginary friend.

I don't think that I ever had or needed one. It seems that imaginary friends would be for those who either don't have any siblings or friends, and basically make up this person as someone to talk to. I have a brother who is very close to me. He's always been there, and I've always been able to talk to him.

In my older years, I find that some things you keep to yourself more, and odn't tell everyone everything cause now there are things that you don't want others, or at least those too close to you, to know. It's kinda like how you'd talk to your friends about who you have a crush on, but probably not your parents. If this comes about, I either think about it to myself, my journal, or talk to one of my good friends.

Either way, I've never had a need for an imaginary friends. Even though my imagination runs rampant. A teen who still wishes for some type of super/magical/fantasial powers..I know, sad. :o

~RtT

PS. Go Funny Bunny! What have I had since I was born? hmm..well, my siblings. I still have them too! They've been cut up, lost, and maybe a little dingy for the wear, but they're still with me!

I actaully don't remember ever having an imaginary friend. I had the luxary of having two kids who lived next door that were about my age. At one point i did play with my action figures too much. Actaully I never really played with them alone. My brothers Or my neighbor shane would play with me. If i ever did have an imaginary friend my brother's would have picked on me to no end about how i was a schizo. I guess i was afraid.

Guest Kage Arashi
I had imaginary friends till I was in like the fourth grade, granted they were the My Little Pony Tales characters and I talked to the stuffed rabbit I've had since forever, but then again, I was young and stupid. Now I just talk to myself...and my plushies, my cats, my computer, my car....anything that doesn't run away quick enough really....although the cats get talked to the most. *nods* Yep....two steps from the men in white coats....

[COLOR=Plum][SIZE=3]Sadly enough, I still have imaginary friends-- and me and my actual friends talk about them all the time and make fan fics with em! Actually, the're more like precious characters... Well at any rate do you guys think it's all that strange for a 16 year old to hgave imaginary friends?[/COLOR][FONT=Comic Sans MS]