OtakuBoards

The Legionnaires Underground [PG-L]

Shy

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrange][quote name='Takuya']All right, it took us a while, but we in Green Team are finally done with our mission. Somebody please finish Blue Team's mission so we can get on with the show.[/quote]

I'm hoping to finish Blue Team's by tomorrow night; the person who was supposed to finish it disappeared, leaving me to do it, and this friendly thing known as "school" reared i's ugly head...*grumbles*

But it's halfway typed out. Fear not.

[B]Edit: It is DONE. Finally! Sorry it took so darn long...[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Wraith][size=1]Yes! Blue Team are done. Nice ending, Ozy!

Does that mean everyone who needs to be is finished now?
[/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Correct. In less than 48 hours Body Bags will begin.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]Correct. In less than 48 hours Body Bags will begin.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Ah, so it all comes unveiled in just over forty-four hours time, I can't help but feel giddy at the thought of seeing exactly how the eliminations in this are going to work out. Still one must savour the anticipation of the moment, we'll see everything soon enough.[/SIZE]

[color=crimson]All of you seem a little too eager for death. *wary look*

Anyway, a public congrats to my team. I think you all did very well. Also, a congrats to the other teams on their efforts. We all did fine work if I say so myself.

Oh, and a congrats to Josh/Shy since he is the [i]SUPREME OVERLORD[/i] [*trumpets play*]. Wouldn't want to offend. :p [/color]

[quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']All of you seem a little too eager for death. *wary look*[/color][/quote][color=navy]I'm extremely curious as to how [b]Body Bags[/b] will be conducted. Not to mention, I'm eager to begin posting as my character...

[size=1]...and [b]Body Bags[/b] sounds like so much more fun than I think it may to other participants, as I'm not on the chopping block or anything since I haven't posted in a mission yet.[/size][/color]

Hey, I'm waiting for the [B]Body Bags[/B] probably as eagerly as you are, DDG, and my head is definitely on the chopping block. ;P

At this point I'll probably be just as happy if I'm cut out as if I stay, because at least something is [I]happening[/I] in the game...

[color=navy]XD Everytime I read the word "chopping block", I think Survivor.

Though I suppose in actuality this connection runs a little closer to [b]Body Bags[/b] than just that word reminding me of Survivor, as Shy has already mentioned that [b]Body Bags[/b] will be conducted by a committee of several players from the game.[quote name='Shy']No. But be aware that Body Bags is done more by committee than member voting. Players will have a significant impact on who lives and who dies, but the final verdict is left with several players in particular.[/quote]Anyone who's watched Survivor should know that the winner is voted for by jury members--or tribe members who are voted off within about, the last eight people or somewhere around there--and that these jury members are [i]supposed[/i] to be(and usually do) voting for the winner based on how they played the game and not their personal feelings toward the final two players.

Kind of similar, wouldn't you say? The players making the ultimate decision on who lives and who dies will be evaluating the actions of the players during the missions, making their final choice based on that.

It's all just so exciting =D

-DDG[/color]

[color=navy]All the better then.

I was merely going on earlier stated information about how it may work, basing my assumption on that. Frankly, I'm glad my guess is wrong. It just adds to the anticipation. [/color]

Yay, the Body Bags finally launched!

I just can't help wondering what is going on, though... Are the invited players going on a suicide mission, where only few of them will return? And who exactly are the invited players, couldn't there be like a list or something somewhere?

The opening of the Body Bags cleared up the Gold Team's previous mission's purpose a bit, but it still feels a little odd that despite Melinoë's unforeseen behaviour and uncontrollable powers, the Arbiter still didn't give any thought to her...

It was also left open whether the character Joseph actually died during the Gold Team's mission because his player (Break, was it?) didn't post at all. You didn't say anything about that, Shy.

I know this is a bit selfish to be asking about these rather secondary things that happened in the Gold Team's mission, but I'm concerned because there has been no discussion one way nor the other... :/ I just need to know if they have any effect on the main storyline?

EDIT: Meh, never mind, got the PM anyway... XP

[QUOTE=Sandy]I just can't help wondering what is going on, though... Are the invited players going on a suicide mission, where only few of them will return? And who exactly are the invited players, couldn't there be like a list or something somewhere?

The opening of the Body Bags cleared up the Gold Team's previous mission's purpose a bit, but it still feels a little odd that despite Melinoë's unforeseen behaviour and uncontrollable powers, the Arbiter still didn't give any thought to her...

It was also left open whether the character Joseph actually died during the Gold Team's mission because his player (Break, was it?) didn't post at all. You didn't say anything about that, Shy.

I know this is a bit selfish to be asking about these rather secondary things that happened in the Gold Team's mission, but I'm concerned because there has been no discussion one way nor the other... :/ I just need to know if they have any effect on the main storyline?

But to my knowledge I'll continue in the game after these Body Bags, and for that, I'm happy. ;D[/QUOTE]
[size=1]1) It's not neccessarily a suicide mission, but it's going to end up with a much higher body count than any of the player would like. The players participating are listed on the first page of this thread. Some players (such as Break) do not appear to be participating in the RPG, but their character is still present and very much alive... for now.

2) It's been established that something is very much wrong with the Gold Team members. This idea is to be expanded upon in players posts as Unhate, Joseph and Melinoe participate in this mission. Read the PM you have been sent, and you'll have an idea that these characters' [spoiler]worst nightmares are starting to manifest.[/spoiler]

3) Plot threads from all of the missions, and even posts in The Arbiter will start to present themselves in Body Bags. I expect the players to bring these into the thread. More details will be divulged to the participating players via PM as Body Bags progresses. (Of course, receiving a PM during Body Bags is never a good thing, but that's beside the point.)

Details as to [i]how[/i] we decided who lives and who dies will be posted eventually, but at least not until we've had our first casualty or two.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy][size=1]Read the PM you have been sent, and you'll have an idea that these characters' [spoiler]worst nightmares are starting to manifest.[/spoiler'][/size][/quote]

[color=crimson]Will this effect eventually spread to all of the team due to them being there or will it be limited to the people who were involved in mission #108?[/color]

[quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']Will this effect eventually spread to all of the team due to them being there or will it be limited to the people who were involved in mission #108?[/color][/quote]
[size=1]I imagine it will spread out to the whole group slowly, but it's up to the individual player to decide if and how it will effect them.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]I imagine it will spread out to the whole group slowly, but it's up to the individual player to decide if and how it will effect them.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

Erhm, whoopsie... I actually made it affect all players at once in my post... X/ But I reckon it's only a temporary condition at this point.

I just needed to get everybody scattered, as the mission description required. Hope everybody's content with my initiative...

[quote name='Circéus']Considering that Pygmalionis apparently in too bad a shape to actually aprticipate in the mission, can I assume I can post about his own current trouble in Arbiter?[/quote]
[size=1]You sure can, kiddo. I think there are some very interesting points for Gavin (Augur) and yourself to elaborate on in Arbiter.

Also, I love the posts so far. DeathKnight should get extra credit for his first post, and ridiculous amount of research he put into it. Great work everyone.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]You sure can, kiddo. I think there are some very interesting points for Gavin (Augur) and yourself to elaborate on in Arbiter.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Does that mean I'm to be involved in this Body Bags Josh ? I never got a PM and so assumed I wasn't, but that line would seem to indicate otherwise. Or am I supposed to just work out with Circéus as to what is going on with my character ? [/SIZE]

Apparently, neither of us is actually directly involved in Body Bags. However, whatever we might post concerning our own plights in Arbiter might affect Body Bags. I'm trying to work a post on my part.

I have to wonder whether we are at risk or not, though :eek:

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']Does that mean I'm to be involved in this Body Bags Josh ? I never got a PM and so assumed I wasn't, but that line would seem to indicate otherwise. Or am I supposed to just work out with Circéus as to what is going on with my character ? [/SIZE][/quote]
[size=1]Gavin and Circeus, you are not to be involved in the actual Body Bags threads. Your characters are more the catalyst for the mission than actual participants. You, or anyone else is welcome to post in Arbiter to expand on ideas presented in the main threads, though.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]You, or anyone else is welcome to post in Arbiter to expand on ideas presented in the main threads, though.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Ah OK, thanks for clearing that up for me Josh.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Circéus']I have to wonder whether we are at risk or not, though [/quote]

[SIZE=1]Indeed, that was my big concern too, I'm just hoping we make it out of the Temple of Sol again despite our relative predicaments.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Gavin]
[SIZE=1]Indeed, that was my big concern too, I'm just hoping we make it out of the Temple of Sol again despite our relative predicaments.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

But you aren't [I]in[/I] the Temple of Sun/Sol/Aton/whatever. :/ Only the eleven participants of the Body Bags were sent there to my knowledge.

Hmm, I'm wondering if the demonic presence deep within the temple has anything to do with the priest who claimed to be the "son of Aton", or was it only a coincident that the man chose the temple as his base...

[SIZE=1]PS. in case some of you don't know what "Aton" is, it's an Egyptian sun-god, or matter-of-factly the sun disc itself, that was worshipped by a pharaoh that announced Aton to be the only god during his reign.[/SIZE]

bwah! I made a reference to Surya (hindu god) and indirectly refered to mesa-american mythology. And Minako involved Nemesis (Greek mythos).

That's going to make one mess of Gods. No surprise the powers that be seem to be pissed :D

[QUOTE=Circéus]And Minako involved Nemesis (Greek mythos).
[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you read Melinoë's profile (and my short story in the Arbiter), you can see that Nemesis is her mother. ,:) Minako was just kind enough to remember that, heh...

And Melinoe is taken from the Greek Mythology as well, I just remodeled her to fit the modern setting of the game.

But I agree, the Legionnaires are tied to several mythologies, claiming that they're all true. XP I wonder if it'll bite us back someday...