OtakuBoards

The Legionnaires Underground [PG-L]

Shy

[center][img]http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/7571/legionnaire1undermod6uw.jpg[/img][/center]
[FONT=TREBUCHET MS][size=1][u]Thread Contents[/u][/size]
[b]Current Team Assignments [color=gray](Last Updated 3/10)[/color][/b]
[b]Players [color=gray](Last Updated 12/15)[/color][/b]
[b]Mission Listings [color=gray](Last Updated 3/10)[/color][/b]

[size=1][u]Event Links[/u][/size]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=50790][b]Body Bags [PG-L][/b][/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49122][b]Blue Team [PG][/b][/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49119][b]Red Team [PG-V][/b][/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49124][b]Silver Team [M-LSV][/b][/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49120][b]Gold Team [PG-LSV][/b][/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49183][b]Green Team [E][/b][/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=51182][b]Join Hero Patrol[/b][/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=51561][b]Hero Patrol [PG-L][/b][/url]
[url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=48876][b]Join The Legionnaires[/b][/url]
[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49208l][b]The Legionnaires: Arbiter [PG-LV][/b][/url]
[url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=48994][b]The Legionnaires Art Thread[/b][/url]
[size=1]*Threads in gray have not been created.[/size]

[center][size=5][b]:::Current Team Assignments:::[/b][/size]
(Note: Group Leaders are listed in [i]italics[/i].)[/center]

Blue Team
Writer
Character
Ozymandius Jones Sparks
StarrStruckVernacular
Wraith Impulse
SakuraSakura

Red Team
Writer
Character
Gavin Augur
Raiha Saturn
Circeus Pygmalion
Ezekiel Era
Kitty Tech

Silver Team
Writer
Character
Dagger Okita
Generic NPC #3 Persona
Sage Kaley Echo

Gold Team
Writer
Character
[i]Baron Samedi[/i] [i]Tetros[/i]
Sandy Melinoe
Takuya Liquid

Green Team
Writer
Character
DeathKnight Kaida
Raiyuu Mirror
Unborn Lord Xion Z
Vinovka DDG
Soliel Aura

Body Bags
Writer
Character
-- --

[center][size=5][b]:::The Players:::[/b][/size]

[b]Ozymandius Jones[/b] - Sparks
[b]Wraith[/b] - Impulse
[b]Kitty[/b] - Tech
[strike][b]Ajeh[/b] - Face[/strike]
[b]Minako[/b] - Pandora
[b]Raiyuu[/b] - Mirror
[b]Retribution[/b] - Dust
[b]Starr Struck[/b] - Vernacular
[b]Neuvoxraiha[/b] - Saturn
[strike][b]Who Am I?[/b] - Speedy[/strike]
[b]Dagger[/b] - Okita
[b]Generic NPC #3[/b] - Persona
[b]Sage Kaley[/b] - Echo
[strike][b]DeadSeraphim[/b] - Unhate[/strike]
[b]Circeus[/b] - Pygmalion
[b]Sam Sandy[/b] - Melinoe
[strike][b]Break[/b] - Joseph[/strike]
[b]Gavin[/b] - Augur
[b]Shy[/b] - The Arbiter
[b]Takuya[/b] - Liquid
[b]Soliel[/b] - Aura Partson
[b]Ezekiel[/b] -Era Gender
[strike][b]Domon[/b] - Arachnid[/strike]
[b]Sakura[/b] - Sakura Hiwatari
[b]Unborn Lord Xion[/b] - Z
[b]DeathKnight[/b] - Kaida
[b]DDG[/b] - Vinovka
[b]Baron Samedi[/b] - Tetros[/font][/center]

[center][size=5][b]:::Mission Listings:::[/b][/size][/center]

#105: [i]The Children's Army[/i] - Red Team
#106: [i]Hollywood Monster[/i] - Silver Team
#107: [i]Big Explosions in the Desert[/i] - Blue Team
#108: [i]I Don't Believe In The Sun[/i] - Gold Team
#109: [i]Time Code[/i] - Green Team
#110: [i]Tetros[/i] - The Arbiter
#111: [i]Return[/i] - Body Bags
#112: [i]Spider Town[/i] - Green Team
#113: [i]Assassination Vacation[/i] - Red Team
#114: [i]Gods and Monsters[/i] - Blue Team
#115: [i]Atlantis Attacks?[/i] - Gold Team

[size=1]I apologize for the disorganized nature of this thread, but there is an awful lot of information that needs to be expressed in [b]The Legionnaires Underground[/b]. It?s been decided that posting order will be announced via PM?s, along with detailed mission briefings.

[b]Body Bags[/b], where players will vote over who lives and who dies in the RPG, will begin after every player has had a chance to participate in [I]one[/I] mission. Beyond that, there?s no guarantee that certain players will live to a see a second mission.

Sage has launched [b][url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=48994]The Official Legionnaires Art Thread[/url][/b], for players to showcase various works related to the RPG.

The [i]sixth[/i] Group Leader, The Arbiter, will post almost exclusively in [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49208][b]The Legionnaires: Arbiter[/b][/url] thread. In addition, all players are welcome to post in the thread with stories of their own. Certain plot information and histories will be posted in The Arbiter, so it?s important that interested players stay up-to-date with it.

Special thanks to Generic NPC #3 for providing much-needed html assistance with the event. Retribution created all of The Legionnaires artwork and logos, and they're the coolest person ever for doing so.[/size]

[b]This is a general thread for your questions, comments or concerns about this event. Have fun.[/b]

[size=1]-Shy[/size]

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this actually started! I'm [I]so[/I] hyped right now! :D

Seems that I'm in the Gold Team, so from now on, [color=gold][B]Gold Team rules![/B][/color] ;D

Okay, because I'm not intending to spam this thread, I have a question:

[B]There are many players in the list that aren't in the teams, why is that?[/B] You said yourself that everybody gets to participate in the first missions, but apparently it isn't so... I just hope that they get a chance to at least post before they are killed off. ;)

Uh, the fact that you are most likely killed off in this event really makes this more tense and exciting! I'm glad to be in this project. ;)

Hmm, so Aiyisha is my team leader, so he will create the mission thread, yes? Can't wait to get into the story!

[QUOTE=Sage]Seems that I'm in the Gold Team, so from now on, [color=gold][B]Gold Team rules![/B][/color] ;D

[B]There are many players in the list that aren't in the teams, why is that?[/B] You said yourself that everybody gets to participate in the first missions, but apparently it isn't so... I just hope that they get a chance to at least post before they are killed off. ;)

Hmm, so Aiyisha is my team leader, so he will create the mission thread, yes? Can't wait to get into the story![/QUOTE]
[size=1]Good questions, Sage. I'm glad you're excited about the event.

1) You are only on the Gold Team for [i]this[/i] mission. Players will move between groups regularly. The only players who are 'stuck' in a Mission Thread are the Group Leaders. On your next mission you could be in any thread.

2) At least for now, not every available character will be participating at once. For this first round of missions we have about 20 players, which is the greater majority. Players will be used as the story demands, and everyone will get to participate in at least one mission before being killed off.

3) I will be creating the Mission Threads later tonight. Expect a PM from either myself or your Group Leader regarding the posting order, and description for the mission.

-Shy[/size]

Hmm, I was just about to sign-up until I read this, hehe.

Well, I'll be following this event closely regardless and I wish you all the best fun.

Oh, just a question. Is it okay if I could contribute any fan art of preferred characters as I'm too late?

[b][Z][/b]

[SIZE=1]I think its safe to say I'm quite crushed that I didn't get in, I would class myself as quite a good RPer and yet I never seem to get chosen for this sort of event. I was really looking forward to taking part too.

Severely bummed...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Im not the maker of this game nor did I mae the rules. But...

Retri yes team leaders can get killed off. Shy stated that several characters will be chosen at random that will die. So there is a chance that your character will die. You can check in the recruitment thread. Thats where I got this information.[/SIZE]

[size=1][b]Zidargh:[/b] Yes, of course you may contribute fan art. As Retribution said, The Legionnaires Art Thread covers this sort of thing.

[b]Retribution:[/b] Yes, Group Leaders can die -- in fact, I'd expect it. Not all deaths will be pre-orchestrated through the Body Bags threads, since some of them need to be a surprise.

-Shy[/size]

Another question:

I meant to add my character, Melinoë, another superpower besides the aura of fear to the sign-up, but I... forgot. *blushes* The second superpower would be inherited from her mother, Nemesis as well, and it would be that [I]Melinoë could sense in which direction the person she is after is[/I]. The "weakness" of this power would be that she would have to see this person at least once in order to track him or her down.

I'd like her to have this ability because she is the daughter of the demon of vengeance and an avenger herself, so she should at least have[I] a clue[/I] where the person she is after is located.

So, [B]is it okay that I add that power to her?[/B]

EDIT: Oh, and yet another question: [B]What if somebody doesn't post in many days?[/B] Even though its his/her turn? Should those who are willing to post rearrange the order and skip that person? How long should they wait for that one person?

Okay, that's a lot of questions, but they're all tied together. Speaking from the experience of past RPGs, not everybody who signed up for this event and you, Shy, chose as players, are going to write even one post. Of course I hope they will, but it just isn't going to happen.

We should have a solution to this problem before it occurs.

[font=Verdana][size=1]Just a quick question: if we are chosen to be killed in the Body Bags, do we then get to write our own death scene, or is it written for us by someone else?[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Also, just to say I am really excited about this, it looks to be a good event.[/size][/font]

[size=1][b]Sage:[/b] Yes, giving your character that second ability is perfectly fine.

As for posting, and the fact that some people will be unable or unwilling to post in the RPG when their turns come up. The posting order may be rearranged through your Group Leader. However, if someone's turn comes up and they do not post within one week, then they are skipped for the rest of the mission. Their failure to post will be taken into account when posting 'Body Bags' threads, and when deciding whether or not to include them in future missions.

[b]Fallen:[/b] It really depends on the death, since every one is different. I imagine that the individual player will get to write their own death in many cases, but I can't guarantee that will always happen.

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Most of the questions I had have already been asked and answered already but I was wondering how exactly [B]Body Bags[/B] will work ? Will it be all the people on one particular team voting, i.e. Gold Team voting for who dies on Gold Team or will it be everyone having a vote on who dies out of each team ? That really the only question I have at the moment. [/SIZE]

I'm really sorry to litter this thread with my questions/comments, but one thing in this event already bugs me.

Frankly, I'm irked by the [B]posting order/post limit-system[/B]. I know it's a wee bit early to complain, but I find it extremely restrictive.

Here I am, boiling from frustration because the event has started, but I cannot post in it yet! In fact, at the moment I'm writing this, [I]nobody[/I] has posted in any of the threads, even though they have been up the whole day!

I have a bad feeling that by having to write in a specified turn, and having only two posts per mission, will ultimately take all the fun out of the event.

With such restricted chances of posting, I don't believe there is much chance to character interaction, and I fear that the story won't flow the way it should, rather it'll just jolt and jerk slowly forwards.

I understand why you, Shy, put the limitations to posting - to make it equal for everybody - but story-wise and entertainment-wise, I really don't think it's the way to go. Let's face it, [I]"hero"[/I] died because it had little to no interaction between the players, and the storyline was left very vague to us players.

Sigh, I don't want to bash this event or anything, I still believe this has great potentials, but I'm just concerned and frustrated that it won't get into a good start!

But time will tell... Ultimately I'm just annoyed that the first time I'll get to post might be next weekend... I know this fact could be changed by PM'ing the team leader, which I already did, but in my sign-up I said I can post [I]daily[/I] and now I find out that I can't really. :/

Please respond with your thoughts about this comment, Shy.

[size=1]Not everyone is/will be free everyday so you can't expect people to post on the day with a project on such a large-scale. I know I'm not gonna be able to post so often as soon as college starts up for me again. So just chill out man, and join another RPG in the meanwhile, lol. Hell, I'm free now but I'm set to post [i]last[/i] in the Blue Team, the [i]biggest[/i] team right now.

Also I received the basics from Blue Team Leader Sparks.. is there anything else we may need to know that may be PMed to us in the near future (like padded out story or conditions to meet etc) or is our part in the mission only affected by the posts above us?
Thanks.[/size]

[quote name='AJeh][size=1']So just chill out man, and join another RPG in the meanwhile, lol.[/size][/quote]

I would, but frankly all the rpgs here have been... let's say [I]uninteresting[/I] lately. I have high hopes for this event, but if it's going to take weeks between my turns to post, I just might not bother.

I know fast pace in an rpg is bad, but nearly immobile pace is even worse.

Shy underlined that this event was supposed to be about having fun, but I'm not having much fun with the event at this moment, and apparently is nobody else... :/

[size=1]Lol, I'm fine with it as it is and I think the busier people will appreciate the slower pace once things start to kick in. Also, with more time you can write a more kick-*** post when it comes to your own turn. And maybe later there'll be more teams at the same time.. maybe some Legionnaires will be promoted as the story goes on. As the story goes on it's bound to get faster what with people (that would've had to otherwise post) dying left and right, lol. That is if we survive til then ;p

Besides, this to me feels more like a giant shared story than a rpg. So I like not having to dedicate lots of time to planning and writing and getting more time to read other stuff.[/size]

[size=1]To answer some of your questions...

[b]Gavin:[/b] The specific details of the Body Bags thread will be unveiled when the actual threads are created. Unfortunately that's all I can say for now, as many of these details are still being hammered so they remain affair, and don't piss everyone off. Speaking of which...

[b]Sage:[/b] My opinions on the subject pretty much mirror those of Ajeh's. Many of us have busy schedules, and simply aren't able to post every day. The missions that have been sent out are simply the [i]first[/i], and not the standards for all missions to come. Some will contain many, many players while some will only contain a handful. Also, some missions will be on a weekly posting schedule, while others may have much quicker or much slower ones (depending on member's availability.)

Posting order is just the way I prefer to do things. This prevents overlapping or contradictory posts, and makes everything much more organized overall.

Your concerns are valid, Sage, but I feel that there will be a great deal of character interaction in these missions. Part of the fun is writing for not only your character, but for those around you. One has to acknowledge that this game is group-oriented, and a single player posting constantly would interfere with that mentality.

Nobody is having fun yet because the game barely begun. It's been one day, and within the week I'd expect things to pick up. You just have to be patient, and trust my judgement in the matter.

[b]Ajeh:[/b] Certain mission briefings have been left vague so that players can fill in the specific details of the story themselves. You post will (hopefully) not only include your involvement in the mission, but those of the other players around you as well.

-Shy[/size]

[color=navy]I was going to post about why I wasn't a part of the list until I read Sage's post asking.

So those who aren't listed will be added in at sometime correct? Well, I can't wait for a piece of the action.

I'm not sure if I missed it somewhere, if so I apologise, but is this an event where each time, someone will be killed until there's only one left? If not, what kind of event is it? Just for fun?[/color]

I understand, Shy, but you realize that this game has 28 players. If each of them takes a week to post, this event might reach it's conclusion about this time [I]next year[/I].

Oh well, I'll try to be patient, but it still worries me that not a single post has appeared on the four(!) threads at the Event Arena.

One can only keep the hype up for so long, you know?

[size=1]Sage, stress less. Maybe you have all day to be sitting online, but not only is school starting up again, but these things take time. It takes time to create a quality post. If you honestly don't believe that an RPG can come to fruition using posting schedules, just take a look at 'Kill Adam'. It took time, and perhaps too long at times, but look at the great quality. Give people a break man. It's been 24 hours, not a week.[/size]

I know, I know... I'm overreacting, yes.

My school starts next week also, so maybe I'm stressed by the fact that now when I have all the time in the world to post, I can't. It's frustrating, considering that I've got ants in my pants about this event ever since I signed up.

I'll try to calm down and stress less, now. :/

EDIT: Oh, and if Shy is aiming this to be another "Kill Adam", I'm so out of here! No way I can match the quality of [I]that[/I] game, with my lacking English skills (and short attention span)! :P

Besides, what's this assumption that a quality rpg consists of posts the size of short stories? To me, a quality forum-rpg has lots of interaction between the characters, and with it everybody has good time, even if the posts are only few paragraphs in lenght. ;)

[quote name='Kuroshin13']I'm just sitting on the side lines watching. :D I have one question about this...turn order thing...Don't get me wrong, I'm not against it or anything, but how can you write for some one else's character? Maybe a stupid question, but still.[/quote]

[COLOR=GREEN]Not a stupid question at all. Not sure if I have the athority to answer your question, Kuroshin13, but here's my input. This is my first event, but I've been partisapating in RPGs on OB for over a year now. Once the story line gets moving, your character will start to interact with other players' characters. I'm guessing this is what Shy ment by "Writing for someone else's character." With the length and detail your typical [I]good[/I] RP'er puts into their post, this is done with relitive ease. Just check out some of the old RPG threads in Adventure Square, if your still unsure about this concept.

Anyways, Sage, if you think you've got it bad waiting a week to post, just think about all of us who aren't even on missions yet, just saying...[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SolarPrincess][COLOR=GREEN]
Anyways, Sage, if you think you've got it bad waiting a week to post, just think about all of us who aren't even on missions yet, just saying...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know... That's why I was kinda trying to speak for others as well, I wasn't just thinking about my own arse. ;)

But my Nervous Overdramatic Stressing Seizure (you can abbreviate it to NOSS) is over now, and I can continue you my life onwards happily now. ;P