OtakuBoards

The Legionnaires Underground [PG-L]

Shy

Even if it's fewer characters than one per team, I think that unreliable posters should be among the first to go, along with those whose post quality has been generally poor (and no, I'm not talking about anybody specifically.I think everyone's quality has been pretty good). People like that negativly impact the enjoyment others get out of an RPG, and often end up killing it, something I've experienced more than once. So they should be among the first to go. That's my opinion, at least.

Of course, I think it'll still be a little while before the Body Bag will go up. I know Grean Team still has two more times through the post order before our mission is complete, which may take a little while. And don't forget that there are stilll people who haven't been in a single mission yet. No, the Body Bag won't be happening for a while, I don't think.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I didn't realize my question had already been answered. If this is the case, I shall write the last post today, and that's a promise (because this is pretty much the only day in the near future I will have time to do anything like this).

Anyhow, Takuya, I wouldn't go too far in theorizing who will go and who will stay at the Body Bags, because as Gavin said, we don't know nothing about them yet. So be ready to even go yourself - I know I'm ready for that, as unpleasant as that feels. :/

I've got a feeling that this game's eviction system won't be one of those "fair and just" ones...

[quote name='Sage']I've got a feeling that this game's eviction system won't be one of those "fair and just" ones...[/quote]

[SIZE=1]I doubt it, I wouldn't put Shy down as someone to create an unfair system when so many people have put in the effort in joining and writing for this. It just seems to be too half-assed to be something Shy would do, but we won't know until he shows us.[/SIZE]

It's just a feeling I got from the recruitment thread, and this thread as well, that's all... I trust Shy won't dig up his sadistic side and throw out people just for the pleasure of it, but on the other hand, who knows... 8/

Anyhow, the Gold Team's first mission is now accomplished, more or less successfully. I'd appreciate some kind of feedback on the conclusion, though. What did you think about it etc.? Anyone?

May I ask (I may have missed it in previous posts) but where did the Blue team mission thread go? I wrote my post and it kind of died. The person who was after me had a school trip for a week, and now it's been almost two months now. I apologize if my post wasn't a good enough quality, but I really liked the Legionnares. So, in essence,

[B]What happened to the Blue team thread?[/B]

and

[B]What happens to the people who posted in that thread? Does it go to the Body Bag?[/B]

Help is much appreciated! I hope that I could possibly get reconsidered for another mission with another team.

[size=1]Well, Minako, in answer to your first question, the Blue Team thread has not disappeared completely, but it has just gone from public view because it has not been updated for a long time. I was wondering where it had gone, too, but then I worked out that it had been over 30 days since anybody has posted, so it has gone from view.

I've also been wondering where the next person to post in the Blue Team thread has gone. Does anybody have any ideas?
[/size]

Am I the only one confused about what is going on in this game?

So, the [color=gold]Gold Team[/color] and the [COLOR=Red]Red Team[/COLOR] have both concluded their first missions, right? And the [COLOR=Blue]Blue Team[/COLOR] is about to.

[COLOR=silver]Silver Team[/COLOR] has progressed rather slowly despite the fact it has only three members, while [COLOR=Green]Green Team[/COLOR] - the newest team - has the most posts, but hasn't finished their mission yet, am I wrong?

And apparently there're individual missions going on at [B]the Arbiter[/B], and Retribution either gave up the game or was kicked out...

The Body Bags are coming soon as well, or are they?

And what on earth is "Hero Patrol"?! (Check the first post of this thread if you haven't see the title before.)

Anything else people like me should be aware of?

It's good to compile things every once in a while with such a widely-branched event, isn't it?

[SIZE=1]PS. and to all of my apparent "archvillains" at these boards, I'm not posting this to whine, I just want a confirmation to what's going on in the game so I won't be totally lost... :/[/SIZE]

Well, I don't know what the Hero Patrol is. As for the Body bags, well, I believe they'll come as soon as everybody's been in at least one mission. And yes, there's at least one official mission in the Arbiter thread. Clearly, that was intended as a shorter mission featuring only one character. And yes, I've noticed that Silver Team is moving rather slowly.

About Green Team, well, our mission is a longer one than other missions have been. The other missions have just cycled through the post order a couple times, but Green Team is going through our order five times. Still, we're moving through the order at a pretty good pace, so it probably won't be too long before we're done.

[quote name='Sage']Am I the only one confused about what is going on in this game?[/quote]

[color=crimson]Nah, I think everyone else is shy or something.[/color]

[quote name='Sage]... while [COLOR=Green]Green Team[/COLOR'] - the newest team - has the most posts, but hasn't finished their mission yet, am I wrong?[/quote]

[color=crimson]Hey, man. Chasing a basketcase around Easter Island thousands of years in the past is hard, time-consuming work. :animesigh

But yeah, we're still rolling along. Sorry to hold up the death or whatever [lol]. We should be done pretty soon, I bet. All of the Green Team seems overtly active, so it shouldn't take too long.

I'd like to say good job to everyone involved. All of you guys are great writers.[/color]

[QUOTE=Sage]Am I the only one confused about what is going on in this game?

So, the [color=gold]Gold Team[/color] and the [COLOR=Red]Red Team[/COLOR] have both concluded their first missions, right? And the [COLOR=Blue]Blue Team[/COLOR] is about to.

[COLOR=silver]Silver Team[/COLOR] has progressed rather slowly despite the fact it has only three members, while [COLOR=Green]Green Team[/COLOR] - the newest team - has the most posts, but hasn't finished their mission yet, am I wrong?[/quote]
[size=1]No. You're right.[/size]
[quote]And apparently there're individual missions going on at [B]the Arbiter[/B], and Retribution either gave up the game or was kicked out...[/quote]
[size=1]Yes, inidividual posts in Arbiter may be labeled as "Missions" so the other plays know that they have a significant contribution to the story. For anyone who hasn't read Baron's post, I suggest they do. Tetros is one of several very important characters in the game.

Retribution is still in the game, but his character is in a state of flux right now, based on his actions in the Red Team Mission Thread. It's all part of the story, my boy.[/size]
[quote]The Body Bags are coming soon as well, or are they?[/quote]
[size=1]Once Blue, Green, Red and Gold have finished their mission threads we will continue with Body Bags. I'm sorry for the delay, but I've been waiting for each mission thread to complete. Silver Team will not be participating in this round of Body Bags, due to the very slow pace that mission thread is heading in.[/size]
[quote]And what on earth is "Hero Patrol"?! (Check the first post of this thread if you haven't see the title before.)[/quote]
[size=1]Good eye, Sage. Hero Patrol is something new entirely. Look forward to it after Body Bags. It's a story thread, of sorts, but probably not the kind you were expecting. Hero Patrol will require an entirely seperate sign-up thread.[/size]
[quote]Anything else people like me should be aware of?[/quote]
[size=1]No. But be aware that Body Bags is done more by committee than member voting. Players will have a significant impact on who lives and who dies, but the final verdict is left with several players in particular.

Thanks to everyone for sticking with this. I assure you that the next round of mission threads will have a much faster pace, and Body Bags will weed out a lot of the troubles we've been having with posting on a regular basis.

-Shy[/size]

Whee, I can feel the excitement over this game gushing back to my body! 8D I'm such a sucker for plot-twists! ;D

And suddenly I feel an irresistable urge to find out what exactly "Hero Patrol" is, but I guess I can wait until after the Body Bag-session, cause boy will that be thrilling or what! XD

It feels like Survivor's tribal councils again! ;P

[quote name='Sage][SIZE=1']PS. and to all of my apparent "archvillains" at these boards, I'm not posting this to whine, I just want a confirmation to what's going on in the game so I won't be totally lost... :/[/SIZE][/quote]

[COLOR=GREEN][FONT= Comic Sans MS]Hey you weren't the only one, Sage! Even though my character isn't a part of any of the missions this go around, I've been checking up on the mission threads and as of late, I've been getting pretty confused about many of the points Sage brought up. Thanks for answering those questions, Shy.

I just hope you haven't forgoten about us few who haven't gotten a chance to participate in a mission yet. I don't know about the others, but I just want my chance to shine![/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sage']And what on earth is "Hero Patrol"?! (Check the first post of this thread if you haven't see the title before.)[/quote][COLOR=Navy]Shy is quite the sneaky one, isn't he? I just checked it out a moment ago. Sounds like this already awesome event is about to get even better. Can't help but applaud Shy for his ingenuity.

[QUOTE][size=1]No. But be aware that Body Bags is done more by committee than member voting. Players will have a significant impact on who lives and who dies, but the final verdict is left with several players in particular.[/size][/QUOTE]That little instinct in the back of my mind and the larger one in my gut have both banded together and given me quite a few speculations as to who these "several players in particular" are. However, I must digress and return to my earlier statement of your magnificent ingenuity, Shy.

I've been enjoying reading the current mission threads, as well as posts within The Arbiter(Shy's and Baron's posts in particular. They were quite masterfully crafted. Kudos.), though I'm now itching to write in a mission involving my character(no matter how many little side stories I write about her and no matter how many I scrap because I've grown to dislike them, it just cannot quench this thirst that I have).

Even though it shall be sad to lose a fellow Legionnaire as Body Bags finally roll around, I can't help but anticipate their arrival.

The mystery of the Hero Patrol is at the top of my priorities list(next to my homework, that is...gah.). Guessing, second-guessing, possible deductions, conclusions, theories, the ever-so-obvious and the not-so-obvious will plague me until I come to my final idea of what it may be, though I have a substantial idea at the moment. [i]"It's a story thread, of sorts, but probably not the kind you were expecting. Hero Patrol will require an entirely seperate sign-up thread."[/i] I'm thinking it may possibly be a subordinate group to the Legionnaires, something along the lines of civilians fighting for the overall cause? Or mayhaps a league of civilians in opposition to the Legionnaires, as has been illustrated by Shy's first post in the Arbiter that not everyone has the same feelings for our band of [strike]misfits[/strike] the gifted.

Just speculating. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm completely wrong here, heh.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]No. But be aware that Body Bags is done more by committee than member voting. Players will have a significant impact on who lives and who dies, but the final verdict is left with several players in particular.

Thanks to everyone for sticking with this. I assure you that the next round of mission threads will have a much faster pace, and Body Bags will weed out a lot of the troubles we've been having with posting on a regular basis.

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Sounds spine-tingly-dingling to quote Messer Ned Flanders, though honestly I can't wait for Green Team to finish up their mission so we can move on the Body Bags and end the suspense surrounding it. I trust Shy to pick completely impartial members to be on the committee, though until we actually see who's been picked there's going to be a little paranoia among the Legionnaires.[/SIZE]

I'd like to mention a couple things about my character, Liquid. First, you may notice that I've been referring to her both as Liquid and Laqara, her real name, and I just wanted to clarify which name is used when. Laqara will be the name used when she is using her human form, while Liquid will be used when she is in her natural form. Regardless of that, anyone who knows her only as Laqara will always use Laqara, and anyone who knows her solely as Liquid will always use Liquid.

I ho[e that that wasn't too confusing. Oh, one other thing. I forgot to include something in Liquid's apppearance when I posted my sign-up, and since the sign-up thread is closed and you can't edit posts in a closed thread, I''ll post it here. While in her natural form, Liquid wears a belt. this is because of her natural form's lack of any real clothing. She uses the belt to hold items. Her gun, for example. the belt was specially made and is infused with elemental water energy. As a result, neither it nor items it's holding will fall to the ground when Liquid shifts to her liquid state.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Baron Samedi][size=1]I'm just wondering what kind of time-frame we're looking at for all the current missions finishing off? It has been three months [to the day'] since this thread was opened after all :)[/size][/quote]
[size=1]I'm hoping to have them finished off in the next week or so. Silver Team will not be participating in Body Bags due to the slow nature of posting going on in that thread. I'd rather feature them in the next round than slow down the event even more. Blue Team has one more post, and the Green Team is just wrapping things up now. It will be interesting to see how both of those stories are concluded.

As for [b]Hero Patrol[/b], nobody has guessed what it is yet. I assure everyone that it's something just as ambitious as The Legionnaires itself.

Keep posting in [b]Arbiter[/b]! There's some fantastic work in there so far, and I look forward to seeing more of it.

-Shy[/size]

Guest DNAngellover
[QUOTE=Wraith][font=Verdana][size=1]Just a quick question: if we are chosen to be killed in the Body Bags, do we then get to write our own death scene, or is it written for us by someone else?[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Also, just to say I am really excited about this, it looks to be a good event.[/size][/font][/QUOTE]

hi what's up me nothing I can't weat< not spelled right sorry) until the new game comes out Shadow the hedgehog it is so kool see ya & bye the way I am a girl bye. :catgirl:

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=navy]Yay, we completed our mission! Nice ending Takuya.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]I had so much fun with that mission, and it was great working with the rest of the [color=green]Green[/color] team, I thought we worked together really well ^__^[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]I wonder what's gonna happen next....Go [color=royalblue]Blue[/color] team!!![/color][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][color=#000080]I'd like to thank the rest of the [color=green]Green[/color] team, it was a blast for our first mission, 2 pages, yay!! I wonder if Sakura got her guns back off Era. *shrugs*[/color][/size][/font]

[SIZE=1]Era would most certainly have given Sakura her gun back, she isn't too fond of weapons like that anyway, being a witch and all.

I have a quesiton: Takuya didn't mention the little girl we saved in his last post, so I'm wondering if we took her with us or left her on the island, unconscious and alone. [/SIZE]

I was assuming that she came with us, as it'd previously been stated that we'd be taking her with us. I was actually contemplating having her aid the weakened Era (she is Era's daughter, remember) in the jump through time, but decided against it. But yes, I was assuming that she'd come with us. Oh, and just a note: remember the guns Liquid tok from dead men in the fortress? She still has them, though they're all out of ammo. Shy, if you do an aftermath post in Arbiter like you did with Red Team, have her hand over those guns. She'll keep her own gun, but have her hand over the ones she took from the dead men, please.